ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon

Posted By: ROMAC

ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 01/30/04 23:20

ROMAC STUDIOS™ wants to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD-
A 3d Arcade Game with puzzling levels full of action all the time, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story: (briefed)

Up in the deep reaches of the blue skies, the bird kindom has started to realize they too want what the humans have. Every century, one bird, one special unique bird, has a chance to have it all - become the bird with the honor, the bird with the respect, to recieve the honor of being the one and only, the action bird - and that bird is you! But before you can recieve this honor, you must complete a series of trial. You are not the only bird that wants to become the action bird. All birds from all around the world come and try to finish all trials, knowing if they win, they would become the action bird and hold that title for the century ahead.

The action bird will finally get the respect a bird deserves. In the game there are three main trials, each consisting of levels:

The Trial of Intelect- The first trial, which will test your ability to find your way through confusing puzzles, and jump your way through levels full of obstacles.
You will have to find your way through complex and puzzling levels, and do it as smooth as possible, because one wrong move and you will find yourself falling into the deep reaches of space and time.

The Trial of Strength - This is the second trial. Here you will be tested on your ability to being the stronger bird. Levels will include riding motorcycles and controling the "Power Ball".

The Trial of Dignity - The last and hardest trial of them all. Here you will be tested on random things regarding showing off your bird skills. You will also be tested on the most important thing of all, your dignity. Levels will include Racing in different types of vehicles (e.g cars, planes) and other unknown levels that will only be shown after beating over 100 levels in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

-3 trials with over 130 levels
-1 practice level
-replay mode
-motorcycle riding, power sphere, player skating - all with full physics
-races
-puzzles
-jump and run
-beautiful graphics and animation
-and much much more to be revealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team: (current team)

Programmers:
Mark Swann

Luke Trares
Michael M.

Head Modelers:
Kalin Krastev
Pablo Aizpiri
Elijah Ray Hardy

2d Art:
Guy Tennenholtz
Gustavo Fiorenza
Pablo Aizpiri

Character Animations:
Kalin Krastev

Level Designers:
Guy Tennenholtz
Andrew Bateman
Tom Boslooper

Developer, Idea and Concept:
Guy Tennenholtz

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Early Screenshots:

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS™:
Email: Info@RomacStudios.com
Team: Team@RomacStudios.com

MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
Posted By: BlindLeader

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo comming soon - 01/30/04 23:23

Looks pretty cool!
The sun is abit tooooo orange i think!
Posted By: scary_man

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 01/31/04 00:03

Look cool
Is there any demo u can share?
can u show more pictures of the models?

cya
Scary_man
Posted By: bateman01

Great Work! - 01/31/04 00:52

wel what can i say, just by looking at the detailed models tells me i got to get this game. Also the geo looks acreate and artisticly desgined + the light creates a good mood for the levels. Jet look like he has been created by an imaginative and talented modeler. This game will defently get my vote!, great work!
Posted By: DJ_SPHYX

Re: Great Work! - 01/31/04 01:14

Looks pretty cool...!
Posted By: kelly_b_c

Re: Great Work! - 01/31/04 01:34

I really like the bird model! Can we see some of his animations soon?

The other models look great too, I would have just expected them to be a bit less realistic and more cartoony (a bird is flying those planes afterall).

Great work!

Re: Great Work! - 01/31/04 03:37

I like the goose, too.
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Great Work! - 01/31/04 03:43

You've had the screen shots for ages. Any others?

Re: Great Work! - 01/31/04 03:46

Quote:

wel what can i say, just by looking at the detailed models tells me i got to get this game. Also the geo looks acreate and artisticly desgined + the light creates a good mood for the levels. Jet look like he has been created by an imaginative and talented modeler. This game will defently get my vote!, great work!

LOL! Arn't you working on the game? LOL! Hahaha. Yes, it has my vote too! LOL

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 01/31/04 03:57

Hi all, thanks for your comments, glad to hear you like it.
Feed back is always welcome once again!
Here are two more screenshots:

Regards,
Guy
Posted By: Julius

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 01/31/04 07:21

Looks great!

Julian

Posted By: GhostDude

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 01/31/04 12:32

The game looks very impressive! The sky is awesome and seems to set a good mood to the levels, which look very interesting. The models all look well done, too. I just might have to buy this game when it's done!
Posted By: wside420

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/05/04 13:17

I dont think ive said this to any game on 3dgs Community, But your game looks Stupid, just pointless random Scripts Put into a Low Quality Game. Deffintly Doesnt Get my Applaud. Lets try and be a little more Creative you guys

Ive had an Inside view of the game and i have to say is to make sure you get a demo of this game b4 you even consider buying this Game and youll know what im talking about.I'd Rather Spend my 20$ on a Club To beat myself rather than playing this Torture Game
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/05/04 13:45

Quote:

I dont think ive said this to any game on 3dgs Community, But your game looks Stupid

You tell'm, EGM.

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/05/04 23:57

Quote:

I dont think ive said this to any game on 3dgs Community, But your game looks Stupid, just pointless random Scripts Put into a Low Quality Game. Deffintly Doesnt Get my Applaud. Lets try and be a little more Creative you guys

Ive had an Inside view of the game and i have to say is to make sure you get a demo of this game b4 you even consider buying this Game and youll know what im talking about.I'd Rather Spend my 20$ on a Club To beat myself rather than playing this Torture Game

Hi, thanks for all your comments.
I can understand why you think that there is no point in the game, and true it is a bunch of games put together, and over 500,000 lines of script put together, but high quality scripts. I can assure you will like the game once you play the demo, we will have a playable demo in a month or two.
Thanks

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/06/04 01:30

Quote:

Yo, sup wes-i-yee, got the down low on yo g-thugs? Or, you could shut up. Im guessing that you have never used any development tools, nor produced any good looking screenshots or demo's. Being a complete [censored] is never wanted. People work long and hard on games, and there going to be good or bad. The level design looks horrible based on creativity, but the models look great, and the idea is somewhat original. People dream pretty big, and it gives you no reason to be a complete jerk. Ide like to see what you have (screen shots) to back up your post. And to top it off, ide like to call you this:
N00B!!!!!!1111 LOloLOLoLOOLOLOL!!1!!111111 Jo0 Su><0rZ, Jo0 1337 H@><0rZ
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/06/04 02:34

Quote:

Errr....you haven't said ANYTHING in the 3DGS community except for this and one thread on your (dead) project. You have A FORUM THREAD as your webpage, it links to a DEFUNCT project (yeah, there's your quality), and the webpage referenced in that thread is being used by Rastafarians it seems! Talk about throwing stones in a glass house and the pot calling the kettle black!!!

You have no concept of quality (this is very high quality for a game; the model itself is professional looking) and your comments (if you can call them that) are worthless to the point of making you look like an ass.

I don't know what kind of an "inside" look you had, but I have a $20 club I would let go for $10. PM if interested. If the beating is public, I'll let it go for less.
Posted By: Doug

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/06/04 04:50

Okay. Let's keep the feedback constuctive. No personal attacks.

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/06/04 05:06

Sorry.
Just couldn't stand by while Romarc Studio's hard effort into a worthwhile project got flamed by a petty frustrated game developer. As far as I'm concerned, flame off from my end.

Sorry this ditracted from the REAL point of the thread, but let me say that this is a good project. None of us can really speak to the animation or gameplay, but that bird model and the diffrent frames that the screenshots show betray a really good model.
I can kinda tell/imagine the gameplay from the screens. To me, it looks like you could do all manner of gameplay successfully and all would be fun.

GJ! Keep us updated!

Posted By: Talean

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/06/04 22:40

I love the idea and think it will be a blast to play. Sure, the textures and lighting could use some improvement but I think it is a great effort. I have noticed a less supportive atmosphere here than at some other game dev sites but you can always tell the true game developers here by their support and encouragement. They know how much work and hair pulling is required to build a game.

Keep up the great work guys!

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/07/04 04:21

Like in class, I rarely give credit for "effort".

Hehe....that having said, what I see could lend itself to a Mario 3D-ish game, a Banicoot-ish game, a silly lil' rpg, I don't know. They's got a sweet model; they has the basic environment down; interaction and character control; level content i'm assuming is done. Could be fun could be boring, that's subjective; But it's a Game. Basic, Boring, ugly, you call it what you want, but it's still a Game and that's ALOT more than 99.9% of the worlds population can say they've done!

Posted By: MaxF

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/07/04 06:34

Looks great

Looking forward to demo....
Posted By: Alex_powers

Post deleted by jcl - 02/07/04 14:44

Post deleted by jcl - 02/07/04 14:45

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/10/04 04:00

Quote:

its an asome game i love it!

Arn't you working on this project? Wow... What a team. Thats two people that have worked on this game trying to support it... you nearly had me fooled, to bad people aint THAT dumb.

Post deleted by jcl - 02/10/04 04:07

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/10/04 05:18

Quote:

LOL!!!! but yes... i am working a little bit for romac,but still! there the best game making company in the world!!

Ya, your right. Id software and valve SUCK! JK, im being sarcastic.
Posted By: John

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/10/04 23:41

Wow, nice screens you got there!
I've never heard of you guys, is this your first game? And when is it gonna come out, I have to try it!
GOOD JOB Romac Studios!

----
john
Posted By: CD On CD

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/11/04 01:54

i really like the 5th & 6th screen shots!!
i guess i like the duck-ish model....great!!!

for all it's worth you DO deserve some credit for even getting this far. there are so many developers out here that work & work & dont produce a thing (i being one of them). it seems that i spend most my time just "playing" with modelling apps, 3DGS, experimenting, etc & nevr actually getting around to putting them all together.

anyway...congrats on even getting this far & keep up the good work effort!

Post deleted by jcl - 02/11/04 11:33

Posted By: Crossy

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/11/04 13:25

who sneezed???
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/12/04 02:20

good stuff i wanne play it when expected to have demo
Posted By: John

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/13/04 00:22

Quote:

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Well I'll be sitting here waiting

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/15/04 20:09

Hi once again,

We'll be releasing the demo in 1-2 months and we need some beta testers.
If you wanna be one, email me at Guy@RomacStudios.com as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/21/04 08:50

An overview of our current status:

- Player Physics (walk,run,jump,skate,go on ramps and halfpipes,fall,die,win, climb,trampoline) - completed.

- Motorcycle and Car physics - completed.

- 4 Camera Views - RE CAM, 3D CAM, TOP VIEW CAM, FREE CAMERA - completed.

- 30 levels for demo - completed.

- Replay mode (with slow motion, fast motion, and other effects) - completed.

- Jet (the player) - Completed with 2 more animations to make.

- Menu - 90% completed.

- Practice Level - 95% completed.

DEMO coming soon, still looking for more beta testers.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/21/04 19:24

i would like to be beta tester
No honestly i really like your game style and look.

regards,
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/24/04 19:22

Looks cool. I would like to betatest too!!
Posted By: Shummy_dup1

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 02/29/04 00:42

looks cool the model is nicely done.

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 03/08/04 10:05

Hi,

We're distributing alpha versions of the game now for serious people who want to check it out. If you are interested give us your email address + your full name here: http://www.romacstudios.com/pages/contact.php with any other comments.

Thanks,
Guy.
Posted By: feature_creature

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 04/24/04 13:03

I've been helping Romac Studios and I must say that have been treated nicely and I've enjoyed the work I've done. I certainly don't expect to make my living off of it, but I've learned a lot about 3DGS in the process and that was my goal. If anyone is looking to help out a project I would certainly suggest working with Romac.

And yes, I think the screen shots are good.

I'm told Demo is due on Apr. 30.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 04/27/04 04:15

I'm lovin' the orange sunset with the car and the plane - that looks awesome!

I guess that just appeals to me, where-as the rest less so - all very good work though.

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 04/27/04 23:10

The release of the demo will be in exactly 4 days.
All will be able to download from www.romacstudios.com

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/16/04 15:36

Well the demo is complete!
We have decided to not release it to public until we finish the fll version.
If you want your own copy of the demo just send us an email to Guy@RomacStudios.com
We've been flooded with emails these last couple of days. We will be sending the demo out to everyone with one request: That you give us a short feedback after you play it and let us know of any bugs you have found.
Posted By: PabloDude

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/16/04 15:51

WOW! I played the demo and it was great! Hope the full-version comes out soon. My props to you, romac.
Posted By: Bateman

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/21/04 00:50

GUY has gone on a business trip with work, and wont be back for a few days... i think ill suprise him with a few new levels teehee

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/21/04 17:11

LOL bateman,
Hi I'm back with a great announcement:

We got a publishing deal with THQ!

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/22/04 01:12

whoa!

emm WOW!

bloody good show old boy!

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/22/04 02:00

The demo is ok. It still has that rushed look like most game studio menu's. I think this game could be a hit, if you added a little more creativity and spice. I dont understand what the ball rolling has to do with the game tho. And the levels need more thaught put into them, i can tell they where rushed, as they are extremly hard and textured randomly.

@Guy: Add me to your msn/msnger (dogbert121@hotmail.com) so i can talk over a few minor things you could change, if you want .

Re: ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon - 05/22/04 05:38

Quote:

We got a publishing deal with THQ!

CONGRATUFRIKKENLATIONS!!!!

THAT IS TOPS MAN, JUST TOPS!!!!!

Start a new thread right here right now with this info...I fear it's gettting lost at the trail end of this one.
Also, this would be a perfect first post on JCLs new "publisher" thread in Updates and Annouce.

OMG, GRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Re: ACTION BIRD - THQ - 05/22/04 06:25

Thank you
THQ wrote us an email, after telling them our next planned features, that if we keep all our featured promises and make the game graphicaly better (add celshading, bump mapping, etc.), then they'll publish the game for us.
They liked the style, and they were looking for a cartoonish game for younger people.
Now it's time to work our butts off to making this game fantastic... we all want to be milionaires don't we

We'll see what happens December this year.
EDIT: We must send them a finished alpha version of the full version by November 31st this year.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: ACTION BIRD - THQ - 05/22/04 06:57

Hey, i just posted nothing, but i like the game. and i must say: GRATZ! Having THQ as publisher is a really GOOD thing. THQ only takes Professional games, and yours seems to be one of them.

GRATZ!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/22/04 07:04

Oh my god!
I am so tired I didn't even look at what I was writing!
We sent an email to both jowood and thq.
thq never responded, it was jowood that did.
So everything I was saying I meant Jowood not THQ...
Jowood is the company that published Red Faction

www.jowood.com
Posted By: Aaron_H

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/22/04 07:28

Quote:

Jowood is the company that published Red Faction
www.jowood.com

You mistyped again
JoWood weren't the publishers for Red Faction, that was THQ too .
Still, well done on getting a reply from a big publisher (these guys published Aquanox 2), I hope it all goes well for you and I wish you all the luck and every sucess in the world, in making your dreams come ture.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/22/04 14:01

but jowood did release:

- neighbours from hell

which is IMO a real cool game

regards and best of luck with this project,
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/22/04 17:04

and also Gothic II(and 1 i think) and Arx Fatalis, my Favourite Games!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/22/04 17:37

Jowood or THQ,

Either way props to you and Great Job!!!!

Posted By: CJ Morack

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/23/04 00:10

Congratulations!

Landing a publisher is no small deal, regardless of who it is.

Great work and good luck to you and your team, I'm wishing you all the best of the best!
Posted By: blaaaaa

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/23/04 05:29

wow! jowood is quite a really big publisher. iam pretty impressed then good luck with your game maybe we can read about it in PC-Games here in germany soon ...
Posted By: Painiac

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 06:18

They don't actually have the publisher. They're just trying to make it look better. Just a thought. Why does the chracter model look so good compared to the levels? The game really looks like crap. No offense, but I don't get any indication of gameplay, or any claim to your 500,000 lines of scripting. I just don't see it. Look at JoWood and THQ games, they far outclass yoru title in any category. You should stop kidding yourselves, and be realistic about what you have. Just ebcause you may have emailed jowood and told them about the project does'nt mean they contracted you for publishing.

In fact, i'd put $20 bucks down yoru game does'nt get published by December like you claim. This is just a wake up. ANY publisher will compliment ANY game so that once finished you will choose them as your distributor. It's just the way they do business.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 06:51

Hi Mr. 4 posts,

There is nothing on these screenshots that show any of the script work, true.
The fact that Jowood is interested in our game is enough for us, I never said we got a publishing deal with them, but they themselves said, and I quote:
"We look forward to publishing your game."

About the levels looking like crap, these screenshots are of test levels only made to test the coding.
In about a couple of weeks (hopefully no more than 3) we'll be posting some screenshots of better looking levels, I promise. Until then, I don't care for your opinion.

I'm really getting tired of people saying crap out loud just to be heard. I will not respond to anymore of these kinds of posts. I hope you'll be around for us to prove ourselves to you.

P.S.
Anyone who has played the demo can tell you there is a lot of coding behind it. 80% of the levels will be replaced. You must move step by step and not do it all at once. I'm willing to take that 20 dollars bet by the way.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 07:44

Quote:

<<Painiac's Rant>>

kids.
Posted By: WizRealm

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 07:47

I can speak for them I've played the demo and it's awesome. I can very well believe it takes that many lines of code. Start a showcase topic showing YOUR game and then you can say something.
Posted By: Dyc

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 07:53

I'm shure he would but based on his quote from "jobs offered"
Quote:

I'm trying to break into the game industry, and have little unclassified work I can show

He simply cant.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 08:20

Heh, for all you negative commenters, this guy just got past anything you can do. He got postive feedback from a publishing company. And painiac, compared to your lack of talent, no work to show your better then him, and probably using template scripts and probably claiming your game is as good as doom 3, have NO way to call the game bad. I would bet 30 dollars your using a wared version, and another 100 dollars that your a jealous 11 year old thats full of himself.

Good look romac, i hope you get done.
Posted By: Loler

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 11:43

Besides having played the demo and LOVED it, I'd like to thank painiac for the biggest laugh I've had in WEEKS. Why do you need a job on AB if you work for the US army?

Why would the US army need decent art for their sims. You see screens of them every once in a while and they're merely OK. Congrats! you're mediocre! Quick, whip up some models that suddenly aren't "confedential" anymore.

Once again, AB is wicked and thanks for making my day, no, week!

Loler
Posted By: sixfeetunder

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 20:17

Jo, great surprise with jowood. But phrases like "We look forward to publishing your game." in fact meaning nothing. Every publisher (even EA or Microsoft, the biggest of all) is every time interested in new games, concepts or (especially for own development teams) good ideas.
The most time intensive work is the level design, the most knowledge intensive work is coding.
Changing 80% of your levels mean nothing else than your projekt is at the beginning.
Maybe you think about other budget publishers? Maybe your work is for them good enough to sell it for a fist of dollars? I know the company jowood very well (yes, I am in contact) - and I know the prerequisites to publish a game. I hope, you will reach this level and look forward to buy your game.
Good luck.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/25/04 20:34

Quote:

Changing 80% of your levels mean nothing else than your projekt is at the beginning.

Unlike most other teams we work different parts step by step.
Programming therefore is 90% complete for the full version.
Levels should not take more than 4 months to complete, since we have four level designers.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/26/04 04:27

Quote:

Unlike most other teams we work different parts step by step.

LOL you mean just like every other team! I've never known any two teams to work the same way!

Let me reiterate on this thread what I said in another:

at this moment, you only have empty promises. DO NOT BANK ON EMPTY PROMISES.

Continue seeking other publishers.
It will give you LEVERAGE when it comes to sign the contract.
It will earn you more money from which ever you you choose if you can play one pub against another.
It will give you peace of mind.

I kinda worried for you Romac cause it sounds like Jowood held out a basket and you are putting all your eggs into it without checking if the basket has a bottom!!!
Posted By: WizRealm

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/26/04 04:48

Fastlane have you ever sent an email to a publisher before? I know from experence that if they getting a respond it's a good thing. Does it mean the deal is finished no, but it's alot better than anyone else insulting him can do. Do I take your posts here as a flame yes. Publishers are very careful if they respond they are interested otherwise they will stay quite until you have something they like and contact you. If they never contact you that means a no they just will not tell you in case it does become something big. Please know what you are taking about. Publishers do not respond and tell you to improve things just for a kick out of it. Also I would not look for other publishers at this moment (well ok look but not contact) because if they or Jowood find out you could lose your chance. Publishers are known to want to be the only one who knows about it or has a chance at it.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/26/04 05:31

Sigh, why does it always come down to "Fastlane, have you done this" , "Fastlane, have you done that" "Fastlane, are you a lawyer?" " Fastlane are you a whatever".

And why do people read between my lines instead of reading what I'm saying.
Sigh, here we go, time for another typical Fastlane "sigh" response:

Quote:

Fastlane have you ever sent an email to a publisher before?

If I anser yes, does that change my point? Make it more valid?
If I answer no, does that mean that what I said is automatically wrong?
Which one do YOU want wiz? I can play with either one.

Quote:

I know from experence that if they getting a respond it's a good thing.

Read the thread completely. I was one of the first second and third to congrat Romac. When I found out he didn't have a contract, I urged him caution, no more no less. You take this as a flame and me telling him it's not a good thing. Learn to read the complete thread and then come back and thell me what I am or am not saying, ok?

Quote:

Does it mean the deal is finished no, but it's alot better than anyone else insulting him can do.

So I'm insulting Romac now? Learn to read, Wiz. I've NEVER done said, hinted, alluded to, posted, pm'ed, replied to, quoted nor insuinuated anything of the sort. Next time, instead of Broad Generalities, if you feel I'm insulting you or someone, back it up with a QUOTE, ok?

Quote:

Do I take your posts here as a flame yes

Take it up your bunghole for all I care. It still won't make ME a flamer.

Quote:

Publishers are very careful if they respond they are interested

right....

Quote:

If they never contact you that means a no they just will not tell you in case it does become something big

right...and to you this is a good thing!!??

Quote:

Please know what you are taking about.

Okay. Done. Next?

Quote:

Publishers do not respond and tell you to improve things just for a kick out of it.

ROFL And I"M the one is is supposed to know what hes talking about! LOL yeah, publishers are nothing like record publishers or book publisher...they are 100% honest buisness men who will NOT waste your time and are looking out for YOUR best interests!. ROFL <<cough cough naive opinion cough>>

Quote:

Also I would not look for other publishers at this moment (well ok look but not contact) because if they or Jowood find out you could lose your chance.

That's your opinion and I respect it. I've never encountered a statement that was more WRONG, but it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Quote:

Publishers are known to want to be the only one who knows about it or has a chance at it.

Hmmmm, you seem to know alot about how publishers work and think. Rather than ask for credentials as you did, why not relate to us one of YOUR personal publishing stories, your experience.
I'm sure it would help Romac out IMMENSLY to see how someone SUCCESSFULLY (or not) published a game and what insights they have.
Instead of "trying" to bring my point down, why don't you work on making up a point of your own! Won't that be fun!? Yes it will! yes it will!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 05:48

You know what, to answer everyones comments. The 4 posts is due to lack of activity. I went on to better development systems with the army. My contracts are slowing so I decided to jump back in again. I'm not 11, I'm 23 and I work at the Pentagon as a Sr. Network Engineer. I do this out of hobby interest, not financial, I make more money then most people employed at a game development studio.

My types of comments will come, from me, or from somone else who does'nt like what he see's. I was commenting on the lies. They have no publisher. And as I've stated before, ANY publisher will kiss your ass so you choose them to make a profit for distributing your work. Trust me, I used to be the 15 year old kid trying to publish a game. I recived many similar responses.

The point is, don't mislead people, you already lost a potential customer. If what you say is true about the level artwork simply not being completed, then why post it in showcase 2? Looks like a bunch of wip textured cubes to me. The 20 bucks will be paid if you get this published with proof. I was being serious. I'll even buy a copy of the game to eat my own hat so to speak.

Your problem is that your obviously a kid. Unless your 18 (in america anyways) you can not be legally or financialy bound to a company via contract. You would have to get an adult to co-sign the contract. You will also need to apply for intellectual proporty rights before you publish your game, which cost a few hundred bucks, then in order to accept a commercial payment, you must be at least an LLC company. Which means you are liable for damages and profits gained. That costs several thousand.

And Sebation is right, I'd be glad to show you my work if it was'nt classified. I'm in the process of getting altered models approved for unclassified viewing. Removing logo's and altering designs enough to not represent the actual product.

I wish you more luck then anyone on this board getting the game going, if you prove me wrong i'd be happy. I'm just tired of the same posts every day. "Hey look at our new game, it's gunna be cool, and we have a publisher" Only to find out it's crap software, and there was never any publisher. Anyway I talk too much. Have fun.

@loler
You've seen Army sims... think about it. Would they release images of a new simulation program, that details cockpit layouts and undeveloped aircraft? No... They would not. What you are seeing, and I get asked this many times, are discontinued products that contain old vehicles and technology. I've seen the images your talking about though. I would say it's easy to make that mistake. I'm just a contractor, I rarely get to see the sim in action. But what i've seen blows away any public pc sim you've probably seen.

And sorry for the typos.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 09:49

Hello Pentagon Pal,

Pentagon huh? That's a new one. Usually we get "I'm a professional game programmer", " I'm a corporate CEO" or even "I'm the crator of PacMan", but never from the Pentagon.
Nice angle, Painiac!
Does zero for your cred, but at least you are original!

Quote:

I was commenting on the lies.

Pentagon Pal, I suspect the lies flow in the other direction and you are commenting on your lies, since Romac never lied about his dealings. I believe this is all new to him and thus he miscommunicated his "contract". This is hardly a lie, as he is not engaging in posting information with the purpose of misleading and making himself look better (mr. 23 yr old Sr. Net. Pentagon expert )

Quote:

And as I've stated before, ANY publisher will kiss your ass so you choose them to make a profit for distributing your work. Trust me

Oh we trust you.
After all, you have posted that you are 23 and in the pentagon as a SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER.
And since there isn't a single SENIOR NET job that doesn't require at least 5 years of experience, this means
grad HS at 18,
work five years in teh field,
apply for and get a Govt. Sr. Net Job on your first try.....
thus at best you have been working there for all of one month.

uh-huh

Well, guess that's good enough for me to believe EVERYTHING you post.
Anyone need any other proof that Pentagon Pal knows what he is talking about? I dont'!

Quote:

I used to be the 15 year old kid trying to publish a game. I recived many similar responses.

That was all of, EIGHT years ago?! LOL And now you return the favor by acting just like the pain-in-the-ass detractors that attacked you. NIce way to keep this sick cycle alive!
Atacking others as they attacked you....whose acting like a kid now?

Quote:

The point is, don't mislead people, you already lost a potential customer

I'm sure all their other customers are right at this moment WEEPING over this revalation.
ROMAC, you should redouble your efforts to bring Pentagon Pal back into your good graces. God forbid you lose ONE(1) customer!!!

Quote:

Your problem is that your obviously a kid.

You can still act like a kid at 23. I think you have made that "obvious" for us, thanks.

Quote:

Unless your 18 (in america anyways) you can not be legally or financialy bound to a company via contract. You would have to get an adult to co-sign the contract.

This is absolutly true and something anyone under 18 better remember!!!!
Most under-18 years old dont' know this and work under false premises for it.
As you stated, there are ways around this including legal emancipation and parental consent.

However, a CONTRACT IS NOT NECESSARY for a buisness dealing; dont' confuse the inability to sign a contract with a minor to mean you can't do buisness with them. All it means is that you cannot enforce any "buisness" with a minor. If you and a 10 year old go into buisness together without the parent consent, there is NOTHING ILLEGAL; you just can't make or enforce contracts with him, but money can still be excahnged, you can make any contract you want with the parent, you can put the money in escrow until they turn 18, and it's buisness as normal for the kid.

Quote:

You will also need to apply for intellectual proporty rights before you publish your game, which cost a few hundred bucks, then in order to accept a commercial payment, you must be at least an LLC company.

WRONG!
MOVE!

a) IP rights have NEVER been a pre-req for pub games. Matter of fact, do you have ANY idea whatsoever exactly WHAT rights registering your IP gives you? It will cost you THOUSANDS of dollars, take no less than 3 years, and STILL, after all that, it still has nothing to do with your ability to pub or not pub.

b) I guess you are a SENIOR NET TECH, but an NEWBIE BUISNESSMAN. This is an absolute lie. A LLC only serves to insulate the buisness from the person; ie like filling chap 11 and such. IT IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A PRE-REQ TO GETTING PAID!!!
Every heard of PayPal, Pentegon Pal?

Quote:

And Sebation is right, I'd be glad to show you my work if it was'nt classified. I'm in the process of getting altered models approved for unclassified viewing. Removing logo's and altering designs enough to not represent the actual product.

Anxious to see what a 23 yr. old Sr. Net. Pentagon expert has to show us.
Guessing this is where the Pentagon Cover could story comes in handy..."Sorry, I would love to show my work, but OH, look at that, "classified"....sorry, you'll just have to take my word for my greatness!"

Quote:

I wish you more luck then anyone on this board getting the game going, if you prove me wrong i'd be happy. I'm just tired of the same posts every day. "Hey look at our new game, it's gunna be cool, and we have a publisher" Only to find out it's crap software, and there was never any publisher.

Do you have ANY idea where you are? These forums are not the Pentagon, things are NOT done in the Military way and people DO need a pat on the back when they go above and beyond what others have done with the same tools. Crap is subjective; compared to Unreal EVERYTHING here is crap. Compared to Blitz, EVERYTHING here is gold.
I think I have the perfect solution if you are tired of reading those posts.....
<<<--------door.

Quote:

You've seen Army sims... think about it. Would they release images of a new simulation program, that details cockpit layouts and undeveloped aircraft? No

Quote:

But what i've seen blows away any public pc sim you've probably seen.

Not likely.
I've been involved in teraflop lattice simulations;
I've been involved in Black Hole/Galaxy collision simulations;
My thesis had me simulate the begining of the universe up to now and check to see if alternative universe "bubbles" popped up in our sim.
I've seen and participated the next generation of VR at the Ohio Supercomputing Center.
I've participated and been exposed to Quantum Computing.
All of this public and done by a Chilean Citizen in the USA; it's hard to "blow away" this ol' boy!

Say, speaking of what you've seen, out of curiosity (and I know you CAN answer these questions):

Where you or are you involved with WARLORDS, DARWARS, or the DMAO?
Are you or were you involved with the FBCB2 or the TBMCS?
Are you or where you involved with DCS1000 or ECHELON?

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 14:45

I work at the pentagon too! Bob from defense marketing was talking about you. ( He said your gonna get fired if you dont lock down the missle networking controls ). By the way, you might notice me, im Donald Rumsfelds assistant: Judd Nelson. You might know me from such under achieved holywood movies!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 14:51

HEY! My third start! Ohhhh! That makes me a sad panda. I vote everybody 5's, and this is what i get? A 2!? OOoooohhhhhh fate, how you drown me in your pool of evil. Ill find the low rating coward! Ill find him good, and when i do... ill give him a rating he'll never forget... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok ya, that was stupid. But im bored and i dont have anything to say. God bless you all.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 15:58

Hey Blood,

My intent is not to mock Pain nor to insult him, but rather to show how he is mocking himself though his own words. I also pointed out the errors in his post lest others really think you need to be in a LLC to get paid for work, for example.

Don't shoot Pain down and insult him like this please. Remember, his firt post was just as insulting to Romac as yours one is to Pain. It serves no purpose other than putting you on his level and one painiac is enough for now, thank you!
Posted By: MadMark

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 18:14

Fastlane, have you ever....

Good advice, and take it in the manner that it appears to have been offered.
Don't put your eggs in one baslet, no promises have been made by the publisher, and we can assume no commitment was made by the authors. Shop it around. "Everybody wants to be a millionaire".

My advice is free, and remember, with my advice you always get what you paid for.

Congratulations on the first steps with getting your game published, Romac Studios! I wish you continued success, and the best deal from the best publsiher you can entice.

Mark
Posted By: Mark_H

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 19:48

I think you're a bit too optimistic, when I saw the screens and you were stating Jowood would publish the game I was like...right. Now some posts futher it comes down to a standard publisher reply. I really do not want to offend you but prevent you from a big dissappoint. I'm walking around a bit longer in this business then you I guess and do have a game published so I'm know a bit what I'm talking about Publishers like valuesoft for instance are more likely to publish your game at the end, not the ones like Jowood by looking at their line-up of games and their quality.

Be realistic, I wasnt often and received my portion of dissappointments.
The amount of projects in general I've seen going down the drain is quite high, and I think that counts for the most that are doing good now (your first 10 games are bad? ) I think with more improvements you'll make it a too a budget publisher earn some nice money and grow futher in this business.

I wish you all the best and I think your game concept has enough potential.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 20:14

Quote:

Fastlane, have you ever....

hehehe

You all know that the best way to prove Pain wrong is for Romac to do what we all know they will do anyways and that is suceed. So you go boyz!!!

Pain, I hope you can come back and joing us with constructive critisism instead of just a bunch of testoterone fueled MACHO POSTURING.

Join us or don't; post or don't; read or don't! just don't mess with us or this community will kut chu' man...we are a good, fun forum community, but we take care of our own....slice you good we will.....cuz we LOCO like that, levato...inzane in da membrane, esse!!!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 20:29

@Bloodred: The Pentagon has got an EDIT FUNCTION,too!
Please use it. You can make that in this way-->

Edit: Here you can write what you've forgotten

Greetz
Blindsomething

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/28/04 22:36

Blood, Blind, re: your last posts

a) are they necessary to this thread,
b) are they relavant to this thread?
c) do they make sense?
d) are they funny?

no, no, no, no.
Cmon, guys, why the spam?

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 02:55

matthew.crawford@hqda.army.mil

Feel free to email me if you don't belive me. I never graduated high school, not that it's any of your business. I took a g.e.d. option to get out of school sooner. I needed to get a job to support myself. I've been with this current position since October 2003, but i've been working at the Pentagon for over 2 years now, and previously with the Missile Defense Agency at the Navy Annex across the street. The agency I work for is IMCEN-ESD for the HQDA (Headquarters Desk of the Army). I'm being honest here. Yeah I'm young for the job, but i'm more then qualified or I would'nt have the job. It's the same as 15-18 year olds being adept at game development, when the field is run by 30+ year olds.

Even if I had worked in any of the projects mentioned, I could not discolse details due to NDA, and YOU know that too. I was not apart of any public training or simulation program to answer your question.

Look, I don't mean to bring a flame war out, I'm just seriously dissapointed in the work being done here. Most of the games in development are rip offs of tv shows, and unfinished games that never see the light of a publisher. Your all giving him way too much credit. I can make any claim I want, so can ROMAC, but it does not prove he's going to publish this game no matter how hard all of you belive it. I was making a comment, and it was valid, those screenshots look horrible except for the character. Thats it. Your all just a bunch of kids having hissy fits over a bad comment. I count about 3-4 from other people that did'nt get the attention my post did.

Like I said, best of luck, but if you can't deal with one complaint, your in the wrong industry.
Posted By: Nardulus

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 03:23

Quote:

Join us or don't; post or don't; read or don't! just don't mess with us or this community will kut chu' man

Hi Fastlane, I just read that in the voice of "Yoda" made me laugh.

Matt,

Your prevoius post's are what we would call a "Buzz Kill" back in my hazy college days. ROMAC has a lot of work to do. I am excited he is on this publishers RADAR. Its exciting to get noticed by a professional company wether he gets a deal or not I applaud him.

Ken
Posted By: kelly_b_c

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 03:25

Good job AB team on the potential publisher. I am interested to see how this game will turn out. I am looking forward to the updated levels.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 03:37

Quote:

Quote:

Join us or don't; post or don't; read or don't! just don't mess with us or this community will kut chu' man

Matt,

Your prevoius post's are what we would call a "Buzz Kill" back in my hazy college days. ROMAC has a lot of work to do. I am excited he is on this publishers RADAR. Its exciting to get noticed by a professional company wether he gets a deal or not I applaud him.

Ken

Great, then I'll just not post. Did'nt know I had to join your little cults here. Don't have the time to deal with this. Thats what I get for being honest right?
Posted By: Nardulus

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 04:06

Quote:

Great, then I'll just not post. Did'nt know I had to join your little cults here. Don't have the time to deal with this. Thats what I get for being honest right?

Dang, my humor get me in trouble again. Pulling my foot out of the keyboard now....

Matt sorry if you took offense to my comment.

We are a cult, sort of, we are all interested in game development. Sometimes honesty needs to be tempered with a little common courtesoy. Constructive critism as opposed to destructive remarks.

I hope you stick around and offer your insights.

Ken
Posted By: warbird

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 04:09

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Matt,

Ken

now im getting odd from the people in here, but i agree with painiac. Many people, so was i, very much for getting a publisher when i was young, if a company contacted me, yeah, i would have been like "omg omg omg i got a publisher!!!!!!" but in reality, not many "home-developed" games gets out and sold. Also, i agree that the game shouldnt really been posted in showcase 2, its just many WIPs, aint it?

Also, that car model ingame, if im not wrong, pablo made it, talked to him on msn for a long time ago, and i think, its a phototexture, aint it? then its coprighted and you might have more copyrighted material in the game? before looking into publishers, try to get a game big first i dont say its bad in any way, its just some cons that game devs has to take, i have taken alot on me and yes, i growth alot, trust me, critism is one of the better things that exist in computer world.

Peace!

//Erik, 3D Artist

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 05:03

Hi,

I believe you are right actually, I shouldn't have yet posted this on Showcase 2. When I posted this, I wanted to show a game in beginning development and get some good feedback. I now understand I shouldn't have for people now don't believe this game has potential.
I promise to post very promising screenshots in exactly 3 months, that will show you we are no amature or 16 year olds. New professional models and levels garanteed.
Next time, I'll think twice before posting on Showcase II. I think if we posted in 3 weeks instead 4 months ago, this would have all been okay.
Posted By: warbird

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 05:56

i hope you understand that i didnt mean anything evil with my post, it was just my thoughts, i think your game can become really great, i like the main char alot ( looked much on the concept and model ..) very well done, just keep it up and hold us up to date keep the good work up!

Peace!

//Erik, 3D Artist

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 10:05

<<deleted for clarity's sake>>

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 10:22

Posted By: CJ Morack

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD - 05/29/04 14:43

fastlane69... you are getting to be one psychotic individual.

Since when does somebody need to make something to be a critic?

Never, as far as I know.

Give the man a break... you are going WAY over the top here, and I hope you reign it in.

To save you the trouble of Googling me and stating I'm not qualified, here is a listing on Mobygames for some of my work:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,70461/

Here's also a log file from Paul Renault when I joined Monolith:

http://www.webdog.org/plans/74/

Let's just keep this thread a little less violent and a little more clean. One person does not like it, ok, move on. I have faith that Romac and allies can make the game better over the next few months. That's all there really is to it. People will agree or disagree, but let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

Good luck!
Posted By: Sabrina

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 17:08

Well I couldn’t hold myself any longer, so I decided to post. Since this is my first post, maybe a little introduction is in order.

I’ve been programming for about 8 years now, and 4 of those been involving game programming of some sort. I hold a degree in Computer Science and I’m currently working on my second degree at the age of 27. I’ve been involved in many small projects from game programming to industrial work and consulting. I’ve met many people I consider to be ‘professionals’ during my days, CJ Morack I consider to be one of those people. About 3 years ago I picked up the 3DGS but found it to be too impractical for my needs, I prefer open source engines with good documentation to work with so I currently reside with the Garage Games community for my hobby projects. That’s one of the reasons why I never really became involved with the 3DGS community, but I do take my time to read the forums now and then. I suppose I could be considered one of those professionals who lurk in the dark and just read boards here and there. With that said, let’s get down to business now.

Fastlane69, my post is aimed towards you specifically. I’ve seen your posts many times on these boards, and most of those times the posts have been about flaming some poor 15 year old kid who have problems defending themselves. I ask you, is it so bad that these young kids working on these games make mistakes and brag a bit too much about things they don’t know about? I’m just curious how you, as such a professional teacher as you consider yourself, can have such a bitter and psychotic attitude towards teenagers? The more I read your posts on these boards, the more I’m convinced you really need to back off and give people a break. It’s true I don’t know you in person; I only know what you post. But from those posts, I can’t help but to look at you as some 45 year old bitter man that never managed to accomplish much in his life and now have to resort to lecturing kids on a forum involving hobby game programming on a low level.

I’m sorry if this comes off as offensive, but I feel that you aren’t helping the community at all with your ways, nor are you making the conitec boards a fun place for a relaxed discussion among young hobby game makers. As a experienced teacher as you claim to be, I figured something like that should have been obvious to you long ago.
Posted By: Firestorm

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 18:17

I'd choose sides, but Painiac and fastlane are both equally obnoxious. You two should just have a d*ck-measuring contest and be done with it.

ROMAC, best of luck to you guys

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 18:36

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:18

I think if CJ wants to say anything about you fastlane, he can do so with his own account. Was a nice try though. You could always have a admin trace my IP if you think me and CJ are the same person.

This can only get worse right now so I'll make it quick. I don't understand your ways, if you're some kind of 3DGS police that think you're on a mission to save the community from all evils I think you're on the wrong track. But that's me. Has it ever occured to you that there might be people out there that think 'Oh no, not that fastlane guy again, no use posting in that thread now' when you go around the forums lecturing and flaming people left and right? The only thing you'll accomplish is scare people away from the boards that can't be on the same 'level' as you.

Maybe some day when you aren't busy stroking your ego you'll realise that you're only inviting to flame wars or hatred from people with your posts.

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:29

Posted By: Firestorm

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:34

She did say she's been reading the forum for a while, so it's not like she's unfamiliar with it.

What value does a high post count have? None.
Posted By: Troubadix

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:35

In Antwort auf:

The only thing you'll accomplish is scare people away from the boards that can't be on the same 'level' as you

Even more than that:
He got me to not take anything written by him, serious anymore.

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:51

There you go again fastlane, mocking me because I have 2 in post count and that automatically makes my opinion invalid and null. I've been reading the conitec forum boards on and off for about 3 years. You really have nothing else you can do besides being sarcastic and overly critic of people? I wonder what it takes before you take my words seriously.. 200,000 in post count? I don't know, but I have a feeling my number can never be high enough for you.

This isn't leading anywhere, you go ahead and act all high and mighty fastlane, making yourself look innocent too I'm sure helps. I won't respond to this anymore since it will only lead things into a more personal level, so hurry up and get the last word in fastlane.

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 19:57

rhombicosidodecahedron.

And a formal apology to Romac and co.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: fastlane69 - 05/29/04 23:14

do you guys ever have to fight?

Action Bird - 05/30/04 00:01

cant we all just get along

Re: Action Bird - 05/30/04 01:44

@ blind leader, fastlane, and others

Im joking around. Whats the use of talking if you have to be perfect, and prissy, and very intelligent. Just because im not up in your level of knowledge on game design industry, doesn't mean im a complete moron. I feel like the only one on this board who talks freely, and doesn't pretend that where in some kind of top business class system. I give lots of peoples screens and stuff positive reviews and advise, yet im always being criticized. Like my counter strike wallpaper, it turned from not evening saying if it was nice, or needed work it was: Half life sucks, this is just an ingame shot, what do you mean by gay blood red? And just as i was replying to painiacs post, i was meaning to be stupid. If i wanted to be mean to the guy, i would. And as if im criticizing the guy, when theres fastlane writing paragraph after paragraph, quoting almost all of the guys post.

I dont like to fight, i dont like to argue, and i dont like being mean to people. I dont like these things because i'm not standing on anything which gives me power to do that.

I have the feeling people are going to quote me for whatever reason be, spelling error, sentance doesn't make sense. You know what i mean. Dont pick at it.

Re: fastlane69 - 05/30/04 01:46

Quote:

I'd choose sides, but Painiac and fastlane are both equally obnoxious. You two should just have a d*ck-measuring contest and be done with it.

ROMAC, best of luck to you guys

Thats the way to settle it
And i like the word obnoxious, exactly the word i was looking for.
Posted By: Crossy

Re: Action Bird - 05/30/04 01:49

@bloodred
Im sorry if you took offense to my "half life sucks" comment, i didnt mean it in a way to put down your work, i liked the wallpaper though

Re: Action Bird - 06/03/04 05:50

thanks for the support guys! and for the poeple who havent realy, please read my story...

ok i started off level desiging for Red Faction, it was realy hard for me. i had made a box with a few rooms in it and some basic object. the level design was very poor! but poeple who played it said it was good and said it was great and siad i show keep mapping, but in the back of my head i knew the level was a pile of crap! but anyway they gave me support and i kept on making more and more levels and gues what....I got a whole lot better at level desiging untill i was a poular mapper know to Red Faction...BUT! if it wasnt for those poeple giving me support i would neaver be who i am today...and i would like to thank them!

!! BATEMAN !!
Posted By: Destop

Re: Action Bird - 07/04/04 07:51

Very nice game, I tried out the demo, and It is very impressive.
I really enjoyed playing it, and the music gives a really good 'profesional finish'. Very good job of the texture and light artist
I hope we will get a nice history in the final release.
To bad there is bugs in the demo, it would have won the first price for sure but third should show to the people that said that the game was ugly that they were wrong
Quote:

"Not finished yet, but very promising: The completely playable demo version of this game impresses with very good introduction and a wide variety of tasks and movement modes. Once all levels are finished, his game may turn out to be just marvelous. "

Doesnt seems bad at all for me

Good luck with this project Romac, I'm really waiting for the next release

Re: Action Bird - 07/04/04 08:40

I hope people don't mind but I told Conitec not to put the demo on the downloads page yet.
Posted By: BlueFireV2

Re: Action Bird - 07/04/04 12:53

I mind.
Posted By: Xixao

Re: Action Bird - 07/05/04 00:29

For those who don't yet know, I am currently working on implementing custom splash screens for a6 (yes, we have approval to do so), Romac, and Action Bird logos. I have made a (long) a6 splash already that will be fine-tuned and condensed for use in-game. You can take a look at its progress here. Enjoy

NOTE: The downloads given there are for evaluation purposes only. The graphics, animations, concepts, and ideas are under the sole ownership of Romac Studios. Use of them outside of Action Bird is strictly prohibited by law, unless you have been given specific permission otherwise by myself or Guy Tennenholtz (ROMAC).
© 2024 lite-C Forums