RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo!

Posted By: Nadester

RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 09:24

As promised. Better late than never, right? Here is the rerelease of the Biyu Biyu Rocket Public Beta Demo, version 1.41. It has been scanned, no more viruses found. I have cleaned all of my work stations, reorganized the demo, repacked, and so on. It's all set!

DOWNLOAD NOW (Approx. 53mb)

Please post screenshots (as there aren't any here), and please, PLEASE leave feedback! I hope you enjoy all of our hard work.

Yours Truly,
The Surreal Productions Dev Team
http://www.bbrocket.com
Posted By: Evil_Level_Designer

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 10:46

i keep getting a D3D run out of memory error right after the first logo screen , after trying to run it again a couple of more times it didnt even get to the logo , showed the gamestudio white window , opening resources , and the i just get this error , Not enough memory ( 0 MB required)! . Have no idea what it could be , 2.0 GHZ amd athlon xp 2400 , 512 MB ram , 128 MB geforce fx 5200 ultra. I can play UT2003 , Doom 3 , and Half Life 2 fine , so I doubt it's the system not being capable of running it.

Edit: D3D:E_OUTOF MEMORY , thats the error I get when it crashes after the first logo , after that it wont even boot up anymore , just gives me the other error.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 10:57

btw , why didnt you use a file packer , all the game assets and scripts are open for anyone to copy them.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 12:00

Actually, they're not. We did use the file packer. There are some files which we chose to not pack for various reasons, but the core game essentials (ie code, player model, etc.) are packed. Anyways, redownload the demo, and then reinstall it. The problem should be fixed.
Posted By: ISG

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 12:39

Umm....Did you not need a dedicated server?

If you do remember I do exist here still. I don't plan on going anywhere soon
Posted By: Locoweed

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 13:17

Congratulations. The game is very enjoyable. It ran real smooth and the graphics and sound are great. The Newton physics are cool too. It is easy to get the hang of and the controls are good. The little helper dude is pretty special too. Overall it is very excellent.

The one thing I didn't think was quite up to par was the camera, but other than that it's "Two Thumbs Up!"

Loco
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 14:26

Overall quite good. A few things.. the camera needs serious work from my point of view(no pun intended). It tends to be very annyoing in closed in areas.. Also the physics seem to be a bit odd.. if you walk into a barrel it will shoot up in the air.. dunno about where the gameworld is but here gravity doesnt work that way :P BTW i like the overall graphic feel , but the cartoon shaders bother me.. they dont fit with the backgrounds and the outlines looks bad.. i prefer to play with the shaders turned off.. looks better that way to me.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 14:52

Sup Nadester , I redownloaded the demo , uninstalled the game , reinstalled it (using the default installation folder) , and it gives me the exact same error. Have no idea whats wrong , but it's more than likely some type of conflict with my system given that othe rpeople seem to be able to play it.
Posted By: Don Pedro

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 16:27

Hey, extremely nice work guys! Concratulations!

Nice precentation, shading and coloring!

A couple of things after my first glimpse of this (could not hear the sounds while at work so no comments on that yet).

- Shadows (stencil), there are some "leaking" in the geometry probably in the lamp models in the ceiling.
- Camera could be a bit smoother. Currently it’s a bit “jittering” for example while going the stairs and it also goes through walls rather often.

Otherwise great work guys and best of luck with your project.
Posted By: lekboon

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 21:28

quite some of bug i found on this demo...

1)the collison on a corner wall have problem like image below,the player should unable to go in the wall..and at same picture,the shadow on the ground shouldn't exist in there.

2)i still can switch the resolution my press the key F5....should restrict it...

3)when player go up the stair,the camera is shaking...it make the bad camera view ...

those problem is stopped me to continues play the games...

but this games is cool.i like the shader effect of toon and the fire.very nice design!!
Posted By: Dragon

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/19/05 21:44

I also found a few bugs:
- If you use the shield (press right) and hold and press W, the player kinda slides forward.

- Sometimes, when you talk to GON the camera is placed behind a wall of, for example, barrels.

- After loosing, you can still press ESC to look at the inventory. You know, on the Credits screen.

- In some places, you can just out of the level.

- There is one place, where a lamp blocks your way down a staircase. Not completly, but I got stuck twice.

I also think the Camera is too shaky.
Good things:
Great gafiks!
Great Design!
Great Menu!
Great Inventory!

Keep up the Work
Been looking forward to the Demo erver since I saw your first try (with the Virus). But since I have a Laptop with a mobility radeon 9000. There are some grafik mistakes, but that's not your fault.
Posted By: ICEman

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 04:00

Very Nice Work Gentlemen... I just have a few comments..some good some not so good..but all will make for the better.

OK...I definately love the feel of it. The music is applepro... the particle effects are umm..quaintly wonderful. Characters look beautiful.

A few things I noted were thaat.lessee..the camera is KINDA annoying, but I didn't have too much issue with it. it was better than the first few Army Men title's camera work... I got used to it real quick tho. Also some animations seem to be missing.. like when he runs AND holds his shield at the same time he just kinda..floats.. his legs dont run in that instance.

Also..;____; why cant he jump and swing a sword..? You're gonna get killed alot tryina defend yourself while jumping to evade.. but without the ability to swing, makes it kinda hard to stand off lots of enemies.. flying ones (assuming there are flying ones) or really tough ones. Outside of that, I love it so far...and look..no viruses!...XD

Goooooood im so glad its Real Time and not turnbased. I haaaate that.

Look into the stuff I and these other strange people are saying... I duno if the floating walk is all that bad.. kinda superman-ish... but sticks ot like a sore thumb tho. Thats somethin i immediately noticed when I played and it said how to run.

I always do those kinda tests just to see what it looks like.

Keep it coming, tho....make some changes and it'll all be good. Very Nice... 1.8 thumbs up (conveniently.i lost a fingertip in an unfortunate car door accident a couple weeks ago...ey at least my judgements have been thus far more accurate, lol).

Nicely done, Eric and staff.
Posted By: Gamesaint762

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 05:33

First of all let me say congradulations on a quality demo. The sound and music fit the game very well. Level design and models are good and the implementation of the shaders makes it look great. There were some issues with the camera, but other than that it was a pretty good game. I think that kids of all ages would love this game. I know my kids would be impressed. Also some of the lamps in the halls are too low and the little guy hits his head on them. Good luck on the final game, I will look forward to seeing it. GS out.
Posted By: ROMAC

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 06:29

Very good work - just playing this demo shows how much work must have been put on each and every little detail.
2+ thumbs up (I dont have over 2 thumbs unfortunately)
Posted By: LogantheHogan

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 06:53

Overall very nice job, great style, better than anything I could achieve.

Sorry if I sound like a tough critic, but at this stage of the development I know that's what you need. Frankly, I did not like the camera at all. I could not look at the ceiling or down at the floor. Constantly having to move it around to see was frustrating. Also, the physics and collision are a bit sloppy. I was able to walk straight through the various pyramids of barrels, when I thought they would topple down if I touched them. The bat enemies could fly directly through me, and I showed no signs of taking damage when they did (if I did in fact take damage). The objects that did respond to me as far as physics go didn't behave very realistically, but the physics added a nice touch regardless.

I really liked the details like the spider webs in the corners of the rooms.

When I fell in the lava pit in the large room, I stayed alive for a few seconds but nevertheless had no hope whatsoever of getting out of there alive. I think that either it should be instant death, or else provide a way to escape (i.e. a ladder) and time with which to do so. Also, it was a great turnoff for me to have to restart the game from the beginning after falling into the aforementioned lava pit (not to mention the game exiting completely after death; it should only go back to the main menu). I think there should be an automatc save feature or a checkpoint system to relieve those who do not save often.

The shaders looked great, and the AI too. However, apparently the skull heads above the doorways were not closed meshes, as when I turned on stencil shadows I got the ugly black lines that were a big turnoff to me as a player.

The fire and particle effects are fantastic.

Once again, sorry if I seem to be splitting hairs, but as a huge fan of Windwaker and other such games I am really trying to nail you guys. Plus, I've been following this project since the beginning, and I really want it to be the best it can be.

Great job, though, guys, it's certainly better than anything I could do.

If any one of my complaints was unclear to you, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better.

Best of luck, and hope this helps,
Posted By: DavidLancaster

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 07:51

Great game!! Graphics are excellent. If you run sideways (press a or d) when your sword is not equiped, the speed you run at is no faster than the walk speed.
Posted By: wood_elf

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 12:14

I downloaded and installed your demo but I can't get it to run.
I keep getting " error E1004 not enough memory 0 MG required "

I increased my virtual memory like JCL suggests but I still get the
same error. I read that win98 won't run acknex with a nexus greater
than 255.

Could you please tell me what your demos nexus size is?

I'll try it on my brother's computer tommoro if I can't get this to work.

I WILL play your demo.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 12:17

In most cases, if you haven't already, you need to restart your PC and it will work. You use up memory the longer you let your PC run, and the game needs a lot of memory to run, so restarting will allow you to gain more back. If this doesn't work please say something.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 12:28

The nexus is actually at 600. That's up there, I know - but we need the memory.

Thank you everyone for the great feedback, it's really quite helpful!

@ISG, server - yes, we need one now. Talk to me over MSN.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 12:38

Ok, did! Hopefully be uploaded, tommorrow!
Posted By: wood_elf

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 12:52

@ ISG
I've been rebooting many times trying to get this to work, but thanks for taking time to reply.

@ Nadester

OMG You need 600 megs? I'd think by the time you got up to 200 that you
would want to start breaking up levels.

I think I'd need God's intervention to get this to run on my computer.

But I'll try anyway.
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 13:07

The camera can be atrocious (at least within the small areas), I think I hit my head on a low lantern, some of the sounds need work, problem getting back to main menu, inventory and dialogue issue, and some other small details. It is pretty though, and you can tell some hard work must have been put into it.
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 13:42

Hi,

looks quite good and appart from the allready discussed cam problems it looks professinal as well.
Only thing that bothers me more then the cam is the fighting ingame.
I dont know if its only me but i have the fealing there is no real fighting but slashing and waiting till the enemy dies.

Sure no prince of persia is expected but i would be happy if i could at least control with the mouse different slash attacks. High, low and maybe some spin and combo slashes.

Dunno what is planed but i can only talk about what i have played.

Overall looks great i would just wish to have more gameplay and control. Btw.: moving little timmy thru the corridors is quite weired and feels unnatural. Its jaggy and unsmooth.

looking for the next demo
cheers
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 14:01

I agree with the fight problems, its seem like you just keep lcicking mouse button and hope the bad guy dies. Frankly i would prefer a Diablo style fighting where you just click on the baddy and you attack..
Posted By: Mr Wurm

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 23:28

Sometimes you can hit it with 3 slashes and kill it, other times you miss for endless timespans. also, blocking, as in sooooo many other games, is not smart, you are better off by just klicking again and again until he dies.

Your levels are quite nice though reminds me of Wind Waker which I asume is what you are trying to achieve.

Oh yeah, and before I forget it, on my graphics cart (Radeon 9000)the main menu looked ugly and full of clipping mistakes. I got flimmering triangles over all the models in the scene. (dunno why in the game itself it was allright, might be because de distance between the inverted cartoon layer and the real layer was too small. Dunno bout that though is just a guess.
Posted By: Wiz

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/20/05 23:30

First of all this is a really good game, the music and graphics are wonderfull(apart from some minor glitches in the graphics...). Great work!:D

And then comes the error list:
*The I key makes the game restart(probably not a bug), but then when it had restarted and talked to the guide with the first key the game wouldn't respond to any commands.
*When you exit the game through the menu, you can still fight behind the credits and you can see the health bars of the monsters through it.
*Camera is a bit jerky, and passes through the walls in some places.
*The player gets stuck behind some of the lamps in the stairs.

And then suggestions:
*Make something more out of the fighting(it is currently not good)
*Chackpoints would be nice
*The dialogue is boring. Not the dialogue itself, but the way it's presented. Highlighting of your response options would have been a nice touch.
*And last the physics that seems a little unbelievable. You walk slowly right into some barrels and they fly awy like baloons.

Apart from this the game looks great and I can't wait to get my hands on the finished thing!
(there wasn't any outdoor levels in the demo )
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/21/05 01:06

MARVELLOUS !

this is the 3DGS Zelda game
Great work , very good level design, great ennemies models (the green ones in
particular are very great).
But it remains some bugs in this beta : like other people have mentionned,
-the bats seems to do no damage and they can pass throught you
-when you block wih the shield and keep moving forward at same time ,
your character slides on the ground forward
-like already said the character can pass throught the models that are in front of doors
-use of a joystick would be cool
-some camera problems sometimes ....
And they are some little other tnings...

But you're not a company of 100 people working in this game and
what you've made ; indeed is a great masterpiece.
Beautifull textures , models, great music (i like alot the music in the selection screen), and great presentation, the selection screen is simple and very good (good tree textures).
I like it a lot and hope to see outdoor levels pics .

You are now pro developpers in game making ,
i can't imagine what great games you'll make in the future.

Simply : The best 3DGS game.
Posted By: rhandy

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/21/05 06:16

First of great demo! II never thought I would see an adventure game in the form of zelda for 3dgs!
The good: The graphics and level design are very professional. Extremely nice models, textures, and lighting.
The bad: The gameplay is a bit too simple. It's just about getting keys with no real dangers in the way. Instead you need better obstacles and should think of a better way to open up new areas of the level like solving puzzles and being rewarded with a special weapon. The fire sword wasn't that good.
The ugly: The camera and movement need some work. The camera should be more free floating. The movement needs to be steamlined. Perhaps auto jumping should be looked at. The character controls too much like a tank instead of a person. The part that really needs work is the combat. There is no feeling of impact.

Otherwise, very nice work. Congrats!

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/22/05 05:26

My bandwidth had maxed out, but the problem is fixed now for those who could not download last night.

Thanks for the great feedback, and big thanks to ISG who is currently hosting the mirror!
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/22/05 08:24

sry for late response here it comes :

WOHAAAAAAA great work very proffy well done

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/22/05 09:58

Quote:

Thanks for the great feedback, and big thanks to ISG who is currently hosting the mirror!

Thanks for the credits here! I have faith it will last till the end with 200GB Bandwith and much more on top of that. Anyways demo is amazing! Very nice piece of work, I just hope I can purchase it around here!
Posted By: pocorev

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/22/05 12:54

quite a few folks have already commented on several problem areas, so there's no need to repeat any of it.

my only addition, is to mention the relatively tiny text on the conversation screens. maybe my old eyes are starting to fail me, but i find it a bit of a strain.

the look, sound, and feel of this game is simply amazing. i'm a longstanding fan of the zelda franchise, and it's quite easy to see similarities here.

congrats on what is sure to be a real winner!
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/22/05 22:34

Quote:

this is the 3DGS Zelda game

You're not a company of 100 people working in this game and
what you've made ; indeed is a great masterpiece.
Beautifull textures , models, great music, and great presentation, the selection screen is simple and very good.
I like it a lot and hope to see outdoor levels pics .

Simply : The best 3DGS game.

My feelings exactly!
Posted By: FBL

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/23/05 01:42

Cannot test it because my system only has 512 Megs of memory
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/23/05 01:50

I have only 512 MB memory too, but it runs. Maybe, the Ati Mobiliy 9700 made the difference! ?
Posted By: FBL

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/23/05 22:17

My graphics adapter is rather old... Geforce 4200 TI 64 MB DDR
That may be a problem too.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/23/05 23:45

Not too old, and one of the better cards, if I remember correctly.

@ the developers: Maybe, you should start the game in mode without shaders? Not sure weether this is the reason, that it doesn't run on firoball's system.

On the wired camera move, if you make the stairs as a tilted surface (not sure, wether this are the right words), you got rid of this effect, and when the guy is walking down the stairs, he want change into fall animation. To make stairs in that way is common, Max Payne among others (maybe Rayman 3D too, to mention a cartoony game) had this sort of stairs.
Posted By: sTOOs

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/24/05 00:07

i relly like the graphics od thsi game. the style is brilliant. But -
-the movement is terrible, Player is too slow and sticks to other objects
- the camera is also a not the best. it is too often inside the walls
- the dialog panels and the font should be updated...

I really like the graphics, but the gameplay is because of these mistakes not very good, sad to say
Posted By: Ayrus

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 01/24/05 14:21

A good game (As I knew it would be), however, early on, I managed to find out that in some situations, I can climb walls where I probably should not... I am at work right now, but I'll upload some pics to show what I mean when I am home tomorrow.

Regards,
Ayrus

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 02/07/05 13:23

Thank you everyone for the good comments and suggestions!

Good news.. we finally got our website up. For more information on the game, please visit http://www.Surreal-Productions.net !
Posted By: Wade_Adams

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 02/08/05 08:21

I tried the demo and it locks up my machine when I try to create a new game sometime I see the fire dugeon and sometime I don't get that far. I am running P4 1.7 GHZ 640MB of ram with a Radeon 9200 WinXP pro direct X 9.0c
Posted By: Kotakide

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 02/14/06 10:45

nicee...work
This game is the one that I'm really want to play, I mean not the demo version,
but the full version!
when it hit the stores!
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 02/14/06 14:12

stop spamming the forum -_- thats so annoying
Posted By: 2awesome4apossum

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 02/16/06 22:13

Quote:

I tried the demo and it locks up my machine when I try to create a new game sometime I see the fire dugeon and sometime I don't get that far. I am running P4 1.7 GHZ 640MB of ram with a Radeon 9200 WinXP pro direct X 9.0c

That happens to me too sometimes. I think it's just a bug in the coding.
Posted By: miko

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 03/19/06 04:02

hey download doesnt work anymore... And this is the coolest 3dgs game I've ever seen..
Posted By: frazzle

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 03/19/06 16:02

Yeah the link to the demo of your first
post isn't working any more Nadestar

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! - 03/19/06 23:28

I don't even know if I still have this demo anymore... I'll check when I get home.

If anyone has it still, feel free to upload.
© 2024 lite-C Forums