DEXON Knight, new shots

Posted By: DEX

DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 21:03

Now game is coming into final stage.
Here are few shots from menu sistem, splash screen and select level with 12 teleporters to choose level.

Posted By: FBL

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 21:06

Very sharp and colorful textures.
Everything fits together. Beautiful work - like it.
Posted By: scary_man

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 21:16

yea I like this alot! good job!
are there going to be NPC around there?
Looks good

-Jeroen
Posted By: tuschcarsten

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 21:31

Looks very professional,
the buildings remind me to "Kings Quest VII"
Posted By: bupaje

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 22:01

Visually this looks great. The artwork and subject matter have a lot of commercial appeal as well which will likely have kids asking for this product. Love to see an in game video clip when time allows. Well done.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 22:48

Looks really good! Personally I would make the top of those mountains not grass, but stone, but that's just my taste. The center part of the castle could have had some more variation, but at moment it's not bad either.

Cheers
Posted By: Towelie

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 22:52

My bedroom is bigger than that castle! heehee. Looks good! I agree with phemox, the mountains should have stoe on top... but looks good, lots of color and simply beautiful.
Posted By: Nadester

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 23:35

Looks really nice. But adjust the lookup on the cartoon shader. I gave it a reddish hue to fit the lighting in the roman level I did, it's not so fitting in this area.
Posted By: Gafgar

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/23/05 23:59

to little details... looks dead.. sorry...
you should add some grass parts in the big empty areas and have some flowers and butterflies and some bushes and some signs about directions and a well.. Brainstorm ides and see witch of them that look good.. And ad them to the place
else it looks good ^^... (With other words.. the graphic is good but the level is detail less)

*edit*
i just noticed that some things seems to have no shadow. ex: the towers.. O_O
Posted By: Inestical

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 10:41

looks nice, but i must agree with gafgar, mauybe some trees on the hill (or is it mountain?), grasses and signs, maybe a well and some other little details, and it looks too good
Posted By: Bright

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 10:45

Very nice, very nice indeed!
Posted By: Wiz

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 12:38

Looks great, but it feels dead. There isn't any(or there isn't enough) life in any of the screens you have shown. And more details don't hurt, but I really like the general cartoon look of it. Very good, can't wait to see more!
Posted By: TheGameMaker

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 12:56

Hey i like it alot especally the cartoon-look.
God work
TheGameMaker
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 16:37

I've forgot to add; maybe colored lensflares? You can still go insane with them, without losing the toon-feeling, I think just white, with a white sun, might look more interesting if it's red-orange with light purple/red flares... Again, just my opinion...

Cheers

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 17:48

@Dejan - what age group is this aimed at?
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 18:17

@bupaje

If I have not been fooled the game is aimed for kids... Hey Dejan you are back! Could you contact me about the - you know what - soon? I'm getting furious here...

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 18:25

Quote:

If I have not been fooled the game is aimed for kids...

I get that but 'kids' covers a lot of ages.

I asked because some of the best games my son and twin nieces (all 6 years old) have played had a lot of little hidden features that had nothing to do with the story like clicking on flowers might produce musical tones, click on a bucket of water and a fish might jump out and back in, click on a leaf and a bug might run that was hidden etc. Kids sometimes just like to explore and get a kick out of these little things.

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/24/05 20:01

Thank you all for a very usefull comments. I will surely add more details but I have to make stable construction first.
Bupaje, this game will have a lots of details like you mentioned, for kids to explore worlds. This level is only "level select" but still there will be a lots of options to discover, like climb onto the walls, go up to the guards place etc.
I like idea to make colored sun and lance effect
Also I wanted to avoid to much details because those teleporters are very eye-catching because of great particle effect going around telep. all the time, plus fluctuating colored light so it is completely different feal when you walk around. But as I say I will ad details on the hills like trees and inside I have a lots of models like barels, boxes, some nice signs, it will be nice

Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/25/05 06:59

Veery nice level design! o_O'
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/25/05 10:56

I really like the cartoon style. Excellent work.
Posted By: TrueTime

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/30/05 02:27

could you post a screenie of inside a lvl please? I only see the portals I would like to see more if possible. Nice work. keep it up
Posted By: Kerkelenz

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/30/05 03:19

Hey, I agree with Gafgar in a few points, it really needs butterflys and stuff like that but Its cool and I think the Games own style makes the money ^^
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/30/05 07:35

Looks like we buy the same model packs. I am using some of those models in my next game, too! (castle, trees, bench trees, etc).

Anyway, as ever it looks great, and I'm looking forward to your next demo.

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 08/30/05 18:56

Yes I bought that pack cos he fits perfectly in my style, and can save me few hours of work ;-)
Here are few houses I made for the game. I have them a lot, about 100, all of them a maximum 300 polys so I can make a realy huge medieval cities

I have some problems because my main programmer left the project but I think title should be released very soon
Posted By: Sandaras

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 05:47

Sieht gut aus nur die Boden Textur sieht noch unscharf aus

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 06:40

Sorry, in english?
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 11:37

Quote:

Sieht gut aus nur die Boden Textur sieht noch unscharf aus

TRANSLATION >> Looks good just the ground texture look a bit un-sharp.
-----

I casn just say the style fits perfectly all to another, and teh textures AINT unsharp, they are perfect how they are

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 13:10

Also gut nochmal ich benutze den Translation nicht da ich aber nicht so gut Englisch kann wäre es von eurer Seite nett auch mal Deutsch zu schreiben
Das Forum ist auch für Deutsche
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 13:36

Sandaras: Dejan, der den Post eröffnet hat, ist ein ungarischer Spieleentwickler. Er versteht kein oder vielleicht nur sehr wenig Deutsch. Da ist Englisch nunmal die bessere Lösung, zumal dieser Thread in Englisch begonnen wurde.

Respektiere bitte die Sprache desjenigen, den Du ansprichst! Dein Kommentar war für Dejan gedacht, dessen Nationalität Du sogar einfach unter seinem Bild erkennen kannst.

-------------

Sorry for going off topic. I just told Sandaras that it will be better to stick to English.

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/02/05 13:46

Nun Ja ich habe ja nichts dagegen aber das ganze Forum spricht ja Englisch da wird es als deutscher ziemlich langweilig sogar die deutschen sprechen Englisch
zumindestens die meisten Schuldigung wenn ich jemanden angegriffen habe war nicht meine absicht
Posted By: nkl

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/03/05 09:00

Hi

The screen shot is very beautiful.

I can’t wait.

When do you release a playable demo?

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/03/05 17:55

Soon very soon, I am now in process of collecting nice cartoon houses and props and when I get descent number i will start to finalize levels. I hope until end of november game will be finished.
I want to send special thanks to Frank_G who helped me a lot with his models. Also Also Xcelos is helping me creating more enemies and house models.
As I am planing to make a line of simmilar educational games, collecting models will help me a lot in later stadium and will fats game production a lot.
I am planing to release my and Franks models into few HUUGE model packs, in my model STORE with very good price.
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/03/05 20:15

Amazing

you have a killer game, i'm fan of Zelda style games , the best deep/simple/fun/refreshing games.

Just a thing about the castle floor, is dark ,we don't see lightening and shadows of objects houses etc .. on it

But all teh rest is amazing

Keep it up.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 09/15/05 11:20

i love the anime style. keep it up. Looks like I'll be buying a copy
Posted By: Kotakide

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 02/14/06 09:53

good screenshots,
I really want to play the demo when it come out!
Posted By: DLively

Re: DEXON Knight, new shots - 04/06/06 18:06

Nice screens. Very profesional. Reminds me of spiro the dragon a bit. Must say that I was left in awe when I seen all the screens. Hope a Demo is released soon.
© 2024 lite-C Forums