No September issue of AUM?

Posted By: jeffmorris

No September issue of AUM? - 09/24/07 09:48

I thought that AUM is published every month but I think that there's no September issue of AUM. How often is AUM published?
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/24/07 09:51

Well at least on my calender september isn't over yet, right?
Posted By: George

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/24/07 12:30

I have delayed it a bit this time; I want to include the Aum contest results in it as well.
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/29/07 21:23

I'm anxious, but take your time...this will be the first lite-C AUM...correct???
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/30/07 06:32

no, there were AUMs with Lite-C explanations

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/30/07 14:56

I know.

This will be the first lite-C AUM...correct???

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/30/07 18:19

"This will be the first lite-C AUM...correct???" I guess that I have to dump my wireless router . You are right.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/30/07 18:56

I'm in the process of printing out the 334 page Lite-C section of the manual, so I guess I have good timing.

George, have you ever considered converting the code from the old AUMs to Lite-C and reissuing them? It would be a daunting task, though. Maybe you could ask the community which past articles/snippets they would want to see converted and feature this in a special AUM issue? The 10-20 most popular picks would be the ones that get converted.

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 09/30/07 22:28

Thank's George, I would be lost without the AUM's...they've taught me everything(and some tinkering)...and I don't want to jump into lite-c(let alone pure mode)without "some" guidance...
Posted By: vlau

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/01/07 15:31

Hi George,

Nice to hear that there will be more lite-C code in
future AUM. Would like to see some examples on how
to apply STRUCT in game. Agree?
Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/01/07 15:46

Quote:

converting the code from the old AUMs to Lite-C and reissuing them?

It would probably be better to rewrite them... the old code was made to use c-script which was interpreted as it ran. The lite-c is compiled ahead of time and offers different effects depending on code design.

It would be kinda like building an earth-designed house on the moon.
Posted By: Blink

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 02:16

Hi George, I was hoping it wasnt a lite-c only AUM. For those of us that just grasped the concept of c-script, and are not ready to move onto lite-c, it would be great to keep some code in c-script. just a thought.

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 06:11

I will convert some of my famous snippets to lite-C if they are requested by a large number of users. The new magazine will come with a decent lite-C -> C-Script conversion guide and with a section called "lite-C basics". I'll keep that section in the magazine at least for a few months in order to make the transition to lite-C as painless as possible.
Posted By: Rich

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 10:01

Sounds great. Thanks for all of your hard work on these magazines and workshops,they have helped me greatly.

Any chance in an article showing the power and use of structs in 3dgs?

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 15:00

Sure. I plan to write a series of articles that show the power of lite-C and C in the very near future.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 17:36

Great
Posted By: Nems

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 18:15

Fantastic news George, need every clue I can get
Posted By: Poison

Re: No September issue of AUM? - 10/02/07 19:06

Yeah right!!!!! ;-)
© 2024 lite-C Forums