Lite-C contest demos uploaded

Posted By: George

Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 12:38

Dear friends,

The demos were uploaded to Acknex Unlimited. Please download them all, test them and then vote the best demo. I have removed all the installers, so you'll only have to run the games.

Get the 13 demos from here: lite-C demos

If you have sent a demo and you don't see it in the list, you have about 48 hours to contact me (the voting will start in 2 days).
Posted By: JackShephard

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 13:09

Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov IS GOOD!
Good luck Alexey!!!
P.S. Bce 1olocyeM 3a Jlewy!
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 14:05

I don't know why but the 7-zip not support that zip files
you using a newest version of winzip?

edit: I update 7-zip to version 4.55 beta and if works.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 15:38

Quote:

Get the 27 demos from here: lite-C demos

But there are only 13 demos, where are the rest.
The demos are really nice. Congrats to all participants and Good Luck to all.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 15:59

You've caught me! I have copied / pasted some text from the previous contest
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 17:08

Quote:

3D Tetris by Lukas Brozio

It isn't very important, but the name of my game isn't "3D Tetris", it's "3D-Tetris"
Posted By: dennis

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 19:47

Hmmm...it's difficult to decide which is the best.
They all very different types of games...simulation, shaders, helper tools etc.

But I think that most of the games are beta...you can sometimes only see the idea....

However, testing some games/applications of other users is always interesting.
You can learn very much.....

Well, good luck everybody!
Posted By: jeffmorris

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/24/07 23:33

I'm not sure if I can use code from games that people wrote for the AUM contest in my own games. For example, the train simulator written by Ivan Mandic has a train running on a track and I want to write my own train simulator.
Posted By: Trooper119

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 04:00

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I was running through the demo's when I came to the leanmaster thing. I don't see anything other than 1 .exe file, and 2 .txt files, no code or anything, last time I checked, if you don't offer anything to learn from (the point of the contests) that was grounds for disqualification. The author should check this though.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 04:21

It would have been a winner hands down if Newton Physics had implemented the Ragdoll, Player and Car examples along in it. But still, I find it to be a strong winner in this race. Nice use of Lite-C and an example of how to incorporate an externel dll into your code seamlessly.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 04:30

My fault entirely guys, I deleted my post, apparently at 1:30am in the morning, Spring and Summer on Acknex.com look pretty similar, my fault guys

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 05:21

Quote:

The following games all are compiled in A6, they all must be re-compiled as A7 games in order to be entered into the contest:

crustyrustycraig
angelasworld
asteroiddefender
asteroids

Hey Trooper119, What's UP doc. You need to visit an Optician. I dont know about
"crustyrustycraig"
but

Quote:

angelasworld
asteroiddefender
asteroids

were all for the "Spring 2007 contest entry" and this is a "Summer 2007 contest". Dont be over enthusiastic while testing goes, and only vote for the entries that are listed by George. Though George has also some problems of his own.
Quote:

Get the 27 demos from here: lite-C demos

Lol. .
No offense, just a great comical situaton for me to laugh.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 05:33

Post no longer relevant, George fixed.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 05:58

George's Reply

Quote:

You've caught me! I have copied / pasted some text from the previous contest

This is what George has to say about the error. Hope he corrects this error so that innocent people are not caught into the TRAP as you have been .

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 07:07

The truth is that I'm afraid to edit that post - sometimes the poll is lost during the process.

Edit: it worked!

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 09:00

Quote:

The truth is that I'm afraid to edit that post - sometimes the poll is lost during the process.

Edit: it worked!

Congrats . And party for everybody .

So is there going to be any "AUM" this month or it's gone in the "Contest Fever".
Posted By: Frits

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 09:23

I can't unpack GUI editor, it gives a trojan horse warning.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 09:35

Yeah, it's party time!
Aum is coming at the beginning of the following month.
There aren't any viruses in the contest entries; the packer that was used for that particular entry triggers false positives for some antiviruses.
Posted By: JackShephard

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 10:43

Good luck ALL
i am happy!))
Posted By: rojart

Re: Entity viewer correction - 09/25/07 11:51

I forgot to add, that the dynamic light can moved with left and right mouse button too.
Zoom out from the camera view and set the Alpha light to see it or press F1 twice, but You can only move the light when You see it.
Have fun and good luck for everyone.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 13:21

my code can be freely used by everyone. please just don't take it 1:1 and claim that you wrote it yourself.

Quote:

It would have been a winner hands down if Newton Physics had implemented the Ragdoll, Player and Car examples along in it. But still, I find it to be a strong winner in this race. Nice use of Lite-C and an example of how to incorporate an externel dll into your code seamlessly.

i didn't have enough time to add more features so the demo just covers the basics (which somehow also is an advantage though because it's easier to get a clear overview) but more examples will come in the future.

hm... some of the entries seem to use a6 or the templates only. some of the lite-c demos are nice though! i already have a few favorites.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 13:27

What are your favourites ?
mine are Worlds Forge and Entity viewer
Posted By: Smerch

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 15:09

Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov the best!
Ãîëocóåì ça Øåäoó)))
Ïðèâeò áóðæyÿì)))

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 17:55

Absolutely outstanding especially the tools, I just don't know how the judges will decide this time, it's a tough one. Congrats, some great contributions here.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 18:40

Trooper119:
Quote:

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I was running through the demo's when I came to the leanmaster thing. I don't see anything other than 1 .exe file, and 2 .txt files, no code or anything, last time I checked, if you don't offer anything to learn from (the point of the contests) that was grounds for disqualification. The author should check this though.

AUM 66:
Quote:

- the demo(s) can be given freely to all the engine users and / or made available for free at Conitec's websites, or as GameStudio demos.

I sent the Leanmaster and the GUI Editor. They are both packed with nacasi.
In the Contest description of the last AUM (66) there's no mention of showing the source code.

And you can also learn from the other demos without looking at the source code....

Of course you can comprehend the demos better and learn better form them by reading the source code, but then this should be said in the contest description....

Can I have an official statement to that?
(disqualification?)

Dennis

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 23:24

Your right, I was remembering a past contest that specifically mentioned having to include the script file, because of the nature of the contest, this seems to be different, my fault good luck, I just didn't want you disqualified, but I should have double checked before posting.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/25/07 23:55

Ive only gone thru 3 so far and they all are good
The packers take ages to load up for me so please include a line in future aboout the packer and approximate waiting time (no biggie, just thought to let you know from 1 users winge )

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 06:31

You don't have to include the source code (unless you really want to).

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 06:42

If its "Lite-C contest" then the code should be there. But I see that there are some demos that are using wdl code are also included in the contest. The purpose of the contest is to promote "Lite-C" and encourage its users to shift from wdl to Lite-C and learn from other peoples code examples. I think that only a few demos are fulfiling the requirements layed down for the contest correctly.

I propose that all the demos that are not upto the mark should be excluded from the contest, and only those that are fulfiling the requirements should be allowed to take part in the contest. If everybody agrees to it then some extra time should be given to the participants to implement the minimum requirements for the contest.
Posted By: A7IEKCAHgP

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 12:04

my favorite is Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov, nice work!

/|exa hpeBeä)

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 12:19

Okay...no problem...I was just confused about that..
Posted By: Yu_Raider

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 18:08

Bull's Eye is very cool .
Fun, indeed.

Best of luck to Ivan, and of course to all participators.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 18:30

yeah, rather addictive it's a pity we can't see the source code
Posted By: The_Fog

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 20:52

I agree!!! Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov is the best!

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 21:06

Please vote for Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov! Its really helpfull thing for level desighners! There are lot of amazing features!
Sorry for my bad english)

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 21:20

2 All:
Archive of Cro Games - Bull's eye by Ivan Mandic is infected by Trojan.MulDrop.3574
Posted By: Hadziya

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/26/07 21:22

Bulls Eye is great! Nice gameplay!!
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 07:44

Quote:

2 All:
Archive of Cro Games - Bull's eye by Ivan Mandic is infected by Trojan.MulDrop.3574

There aren't any viruses in the Bulls eye, the packer that was used for that particular entry triggers false positives for some antiviruses.
(Packer - Nacasi 4.0)
If you are afraid you can download the setup without that problem.

http://www.cro-games.com
Posted By: zerdysmom

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 13:41

I do not understand the controlls of Bull´s Eye. It is uncontrollable for me!? P.S. Vote for Visual Level Editor!

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 15:31

I find Bull´s Eye to be very bad with no purpose as a as game is concerned or no specific fun factor that others are liking. I think the poll is being rigged.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 17:13

You are right. The poll is indeed being rigged. The_Fog and Hadziya have the same IP-adress (85.234.144.215).

EDIT: zerdysmom has also 85.234.144.215

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 17:18

Quote:

I find Bull´s Eye to be very bad with no purpose as a as game is concerned or no specific fun factor that others are liking. I think the poll is being rigged.

lol.......
I think thet you forget to write "Vote for Visual Level Editor"!
lol.......
Posted By: Yu_Raider

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 17:25

Quote:

Please, speak for yourself. If you find the game bad, then please feel free to vote for some other participator. However, telling us that the game IS, beyond all doubt, bad because YOU don't like it, is simply arrogant and silly. And why should the poll be rigged? Because your fav. entry scored bad? I don't get it...

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 17:28

Quote:

You are right. The poll is indeed being rigged. The_Fog and Hadziya have the same IP-adress (85.234.144.215).

EDIT: zerdysmom has also 85.234.144.215

hmmm... interesting...

http://www.ip2location.com/
ISP: POUNDHOST INTERNET LONDON

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 17:56

I banned the three accounts.
Posted By: TWO

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 19:19

It's really sad that anybody has to use this kind of method. But I think it's not Ivan Mandic or Alexey Rozhkov who have done this, but other people. It's too apparent.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 19:25

Its surprising that there are only about 50 votes in total. people just don't want to vote at all

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 19:44

this isn't anything new. there always are a lot of new 0 post users visible in the contest poll threads after a poll gets opened. i think conitec&george should judge alone again. everyone with a lot of msn or icq friends kind of has an advantage for example. creating a forum account is a matter of 5 minutes.

btw. the bull's eye controls aren't exactly clear to me either. maybe a better description would help. i like the train simulator more. i also like the 3d-tetris but some more balancing wouldn't hurt. it takes ages until a layer is filled.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 20:12

There are several solutions for that problem: e.g. Only users with 20 posts or more can vote in the forum. Or people have to wait 48 hours for using their account after creating it. Or people can't create more than two accounts per month(checking IP). However it's good to know that there is a incorruptible jury...

Quote:

i also like the 3d-tetris

Nice to see that there are people who like my game

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 20:26

Yeah, 20 posts limitation is ok IMHO.
And about 3d-tetris: i think the field should be smaller, and the bricks should fall faster, i haven't managed to complete even first layer

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 20:36

You're right, the field is very large, but if it would be smaller, the 8-blocks-pole wouldn't fit into the field. That means there shouldn't be 8 blocks per brick but with 4 blocks it would became too easy. Maybe I could use 6 blocks... So making the field smaller would suppose changing the whole game. If you press space, the bricks fall faster Btw, it's the first game I ever made

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 20:43

Quote:

Or people can't create more than two accounts per month(checking IP).

there are isps which use the same external ip for large groups of their users (mine for example). so this restriction probably wouldn't be that great for some people.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/27/07 20:45

Congrats! Planning difficulty/gameplay is one of the most important and difficult things in creating games, so now you have an experience
Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 02:48

Is anyone else having their antivirus software be set off as soon as a demo is downloaded? Could the server be infected?

I'd like to know, because I while I do trust that Conitec or the members arent likely to upload viruses, I don't want my computer to be backdoored after trying a demo to vote for it.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 03:42

Its the packer setting off a false positive, its been explainded in the first pages of this thread I recall.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 03:59

To be On the record, I have already stated my favourite and voted for it. As far as IP is concerned, then my IP is generated dynamically every login. The contest should have some veto powers too for George and JCL team, as only the choice from user's is going to be biased and riggable.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 08:34

You are right. The jury always makes sure that the prizes go to the best entries.
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 16:51

Quoting George.
Quote:

The jury always makes sure that the prizes go to the best entries.

Right.

This is probably redundant but:
I suspect users sample, vote, and provide feedback mostly just for 'fun'. I think that the jury may take user votes into consideration, but it probably isn't strictly forced to do so. It seems that jury choices supercede user choices, and in that sense, user votes might be somewhat 'meaningless' when determining winners. In fact, I don't recall seeing any definitive statements from relevant parties explicitly stating that user votes have any affect on selections for winners, but that might just be an oversight on my part.
Other than jury override, there may be no easy answer to 'user forum cheating' anyway.

Quoting msl_manni.
Quote:

If its "Lite-C contest" then the code should be there. But I see that there are some demos that are using wdl code are also included in the contest. The purpose of the contest is to promote "Lite-C" and encourage its users to shift from wdl to Lite-C and learn from other peoples code examples. I think that only a few demos are fulfiling the requirements layed down for the contest correctly.

You may have a point there, but such specific purposes might take a back seat to 'marketing potential' and 'keeping the peace'.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/28/07 21:25

Quote:

In fact, I don't recall seeing any definitive statements from relevant parties explicitly stating that user votes have any affect on selections for winners, but that might just be an oversight on my part.

Not quite an oversight since ultimately it's always going to be up to the Conitec-judges team anyways, eventhough it's technically 51% vs. 49% (voters). I think it's good this way, but we should really make sure that people don't cheat with voting. It's both lame and disrespectful to the other competitors. Disqualification would be a good remedy perhaps, then again I don't recall that any of the 'cheaters' have ever actually won,

Cheers

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/29/07 05:26

The jury certainly listens to the users' voice; however, when we detect an anomaly, we switch to auto pilot. We believe that this is the best solution (at least for now). If you've got suggestions I'm all ears.
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 09/29/07 08:57

Quoting George.
Quote:

The jury certainly listens to the users' voice;

Thank you. Despite, the missing definition of 'anomaly' in the next section, that's good enough for me.
Quote:

however, when we detect an anomaly, we switch to auto pilot.

It seems that all crucial bases are covered then.
Quote:

We believe that this is the best solution (at least for now). If you've got suggestions I'm all ears.

Oops, my bad, ...seemingly critical tone && missing alternate proposals. None assertive: negative with no positives
(I plead guilty.)

I think the contest is supposed to be about fun, feedback, improvement, the sharing of ideas, encouragement, hope, joy, and satisfaction (plus a heaping dose of cute cuddly kittens, and soft fluffy bunnies). (Although it may seem otherwise, I don't really mean to 'piss on' the contest.) Even the stacking of 'guests' on the page, is sort of fun or amusing. Cheating and other disagreeable particulars, should never be allowed to spoil the spirit of the contest (which is to prove that you are a winner and that others are losers, of course).

Quoting PHeMoX.
Quote:

Disqualification would be a good remedy perhaps,

Maybe as a strategy, members could attempt to frame contestants and try to get them disqualified, or at least intentionally create one of the mysterious 'anomalies' George was referring to. Wait, that's absurd. Disregard.

*Excellent handling. I think you do well, George.

Quote:

Votes accepted from (09/26/07 06:00 AM) to (10/05/07 09:00 AM)

All well, I will probably download and view most if not all of the entries eventually, and maybe I'll actually find time to comment on a few them, before the thread reaches the point of no return. DUN Dee DUN DUN DUN
Posted By: Serg

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/01/07 15:49

LEHA RULIT!!!

Visual Level Editor by Alexey Rozhkov SUPER!

Eptel sdesya programmeri sobralis ili lamzona toka???

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/01/07 19:47

Hai Serg))) Sdesj sobralisj tolstie americosi)))
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/02/07 00:04

Quote:

Maybe as a strategy, members could attempt to frame contestants and try to get them disqualified, or at least intentionally create one of the mysterious 'anomalies' George was referring to. Wait, that's absurd. Disregard.

Yes, you are right, it would be a flawed solution indeed.

Cheers

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/03/07 00:54

Darova Smerch !!!
Zdorovo uslishat zemlaka! RUSSIA GOOD &&& RULEZZZ !!! Гы...ы..ы..ыыы

Интересно на рассейском прокатит пост?

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/03/07 00:56

PPC...
Ne forum a pram konvertor iz win-1251!!! O_o

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/03/07 13:16

Xi))) Zdorovo, ja kstati ne iz Rosii, ja iz Ukraini))) Ukraine also very good!)))
Posted By: TWO

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/03/07 16:17

Banned Serg and Smerch because of spamming.
Posted By: nusan

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/04/07 18:06

Ivan Mandic sucks

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/04/07 18:26

Banned nusan because of insulting.

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/04/07 21:40

Quote:

Ivan Mandic sucks

lol...
Alexey Rozhkov is cool!

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/05/07 03:47

Thank you

Re: Lite-C contest demos uploaded - 10/05/07 18:47

When will we now who is the winner of the contest? (When is now aum coming?)
© 2024 lite-C Forums