Perfect AI trouble

Posted By: croman

Perfect AI trouble - 02/08/08 10:52

Hi,
I'm having troubles with Perfect AI. And now I'm wondering if anyone can send me working pai with compute.wdl system not without it?

Thanks

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/11/08 18:02

What..??? No-one wants to help. It's simple what I'm asking.
I'm in need of Perfect AI code with compute.wdl 'cause I don't want to use code from aum64. I saw that many people has problems with code and I believe that those topics was here on this forum, but now I can't find them.

Please someone help...
Posted By: Vadim647

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/11/08 18:08

I'll see what can be done to fix aum64's ai.
Posted By: George

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/11/08 23:50

What problems are you having my ai code? I don't know of any "bugs". Most of the users that were having problems with the code were forgetting to generate the data with compute.wdl before using it in their games. If there are enough users interested I might convert my code to lite-C.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/12/08 01:49

I am interest to see a lite-C version. Thank you.

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/12/08 23:11

i'm having an error message that says something like this: index is bigger then array - something like that.

now...when i start perfect ai shooter demo it's ok. it's ok even when i create path with compute.wdl but it's not ok if i move or add nodes. sometimes it works but most of the time it fails and it gives me an error that "index" got bigger than array.

help? and thanks

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/13/08 07:22

Whenever you add / remove a node you must run compute.wdl again.

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/13/08 13:21

i did. every time. when i add a node in demo sometimes i get errors and sometimes no.

perfect ai code from aum64 works but it's not working like before. it doesn't use the compute.wdl. can you fix that code a bit so it uses computed path.

thanks

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/15/08 07:55

The old version was using compute.wdl because the speed wasn't very big. This has lead to disadvantages: you couldn't detect if a door was open or closed because the algorithm was running only once, at game start.

The code from aum64 works better. If you have trouble using that ai code in a shooter game, don't worry: I plan to improve the code even more and release a new version of my ai code in the near future.

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/15/08 09:15

it's not a problem with compute.wdl. i have a solution to fix that problem.
Posted By: basharsj

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/18/08 18:21

Quote:

it's not a problem with compute.wdl. i have a solution to fix that problem.

Plz Wut is the solution i have the same problem

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/18/08 21:15

no, i ment that i can make characters avoid dynamic obstacles like doors.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/26/08 15:26

Quote:

I plan to improve the code even more and release a new version of my ai code in the near future.

Great, do you plan to release in next AUM?

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/26/08 20:35

I'm not so sure if there is enough interest for that. I think I will wait for a few more months and see what happens.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/27/08 02:53

Hi George,
At least can you explain what would you like to improve in the AI. I am looking for ideas, and might implement it myself. Yes the IDEAS that a Perfect AI should have.
Cya,
MSL.

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/27/08 08:20

The first thing to do would be the usage of multi-dimensional arrays. Then, some path smoothing code would come in handy. That's what I plan for the following release.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/28/08 06:46

That would be nice. What about some what dynamic world.

And in Aum64 there are situations where the AI is not able to reach certain locations which should be easily found out by the AI.

Re: Perfect AI trouble - 02/29/08 17:34

What do you mean by "dynamic world"? The latest code (the one from Aum64) handles situations where the geometry changes (the doors open or close, etc). If the robot can't reach certain locations you have to add another node in that area. If this doesn't fix the problem, email me the project and I'll take care of it. The ai code doesn't have any bugs I know of.
© 2024 lite-C Forums