Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted

Posted By: George

Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/02/15 19:40

Dear friends,

It's been an simple contest, with three entries coming from two people. This means that each one of them has won a Pro license.

Realspawn and Fred_Flintstones, please PM me your name, address and email address. I will forward the info to JCL, and he will send you the Pro licenses.

The entries have been uploaded to AU's "Demos" section:

AU Demos

It looks like some people weren't aware of this contest. All the needed info was included in the AUM; nevertheless, I will also post an announcement here whenever we launch a new contest.

Have a great day.
George
Posted By: Fred_Flintstones

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/08/15 19:21

Thank you.

I hope more people know/participate about the next contest.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/08/15 19:50

You are most welcome! I have got your contact info.
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/08/15 22:46

Congratulations.
Posted By: 3run

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 04:44

I missed my chance to get a pro version frown But I sincerely congratulate you guys! laugh

Best regards!
Posted By: sivan

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 07:22

it was the most secret and probably smallest contest ever frown
we could vote at least to decide who is 1st and 2nd laugh
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 09:42

Thank you it is that i created stuff while reading the contest post so i could enter laugh
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 09:55

Congratulations guys, but i must say something.

This makes no sense. I check last five online AUM magazine and there is no section about Contest. Last info in Aum 109. Don't get me wrong, i have pro and i didn't plan to participate but i feel bad beacuse people like 3run again missed chance to get pro. Btw Realspawn already have pro (i believe that he don't need a voucher) and i think it would be fair to give a little more time if 3run or someone else participate in Contest. Thus, the competition losing any charm. It is enough to know when is Contest, send anything and win pro.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 10:19

I did not know to that there was a contest even a search
on contest 2015 did not show anything. On the otherhand
i am working on many little projects so i have always
something to send laugh I am sure others could have done the same laugh

But i agree on not beeing all clear about the contest and its deadline laugh As i was one of the persons asking about it laugh
I can't help it i was only one of the two that did send 2 projects laugh

Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 11:05

congrats and i hope you enjoy your prizes .

i wish the competitions would be more challenging , this way many more would dare to strut their stuff , but so many have pro already .

SO what would be cool is a leader-board or win status for others that do not need to compete for the pro license competitions , a whole separate competition , this way people will try to become better than the leader , and also this type of competition i am thinking about needs to be more frequently done ,so that there could be more activity ,like ludum dare but with a status award update displayed on your username details on the forum plus a leaderboard thread ,that would be cool haha.

i mean , imagine this , you have a prototype game , but you do not know how will this idea be received ,will it blow itself to dust or will people enjoy it , now you have this competition as a platform for testing out your idea by putting it out there as an entry and you can see how its received , because people vote and rate your entry , this could boost activity around here with GS because i would like to think that many more would like to see how their entry's are doing against others and since it could be a on going rating/competition people would perhaps take part in developing/prototyping their ideas more frequently, and it should be a game and tool only categories i think.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 11:55

Each contest has been announced in the AUM, guys. Not in the online version, though, because that may make people think that we're running a contest when there isn't any.

Check any AUM (the chm, downloadable version) and you will see that it includes all the needed info. As mentioned above, I'll also post info about future contests in this forum section from now on.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/09/15 12:53

The problem is not the contest, but the lack of active developers here.
Get real and don't complain if you miss out contests because you're not reading the associated magazine properly.
Posted By: exile

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/10/15 21:56

It's not about not reading the magazine properly, many people use the online AUM to read the magazine (I know I do, it's easier). But screw them right? It's about posting information LOGICALLY. Seriously, I would love to see how many people download the cfm vs how man people go to the online AUM website. Personally I don't care but seeing information literally hidden within only one version of the AUM just rubs me the wrong way.

"that may make people think that we're running a contest when there isn't any"

That's why you give start and finish dates. If I am reading an AUM and I just see SUMMER CONTEST 2015 the only thing I know is that the contest is in 2015 and relatively in the summer. But if you did something like so;

Adventure contest 2015
Host: George
Start: June/10/2015
End: Aug/10/2015
Rules: Blah blah blah blah

If anyone screws up the contest details after reading something like that then they have mental issues. And that info can be posted anywhere. Heck, you could even send out a newsletter to all registered users containing this info. If people don't want to get these notifications they can opt out of the newsletter in their profile. It's 2015, lets start acting like it lmao.

Seriously though, I mean no disrespect. My words may come off as aggressive but understand they come from an honest and passionate place and I greatly appreciate the work you guys, especially George, do for the community.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/11/15 06:34

true & right words.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/11/15 10:38

My opinion is near the same.

Here is how i can see this thing:
I am registered here from September of 2009. In the first time i didn't take the challenge, because i didn't feel myself is enough good to, and i saw the contest always after the deadline.
Later, i saw when the final results were posted, and i think i will be a participant in next time. And more later, felt what a pity, i couldn't participate again, because i was too late.
Last two-three times i decided, i will be a participant if the theme of the contest will fit to my knowledge.
The last one would be OK for me, i think. That could be happen, i can't finish my work at the given deadline, but i would try to do.
This is the reason why i feel so, that is a very silly thing when the contest announcement is in the downloadable version and doesn't in in the online version.
I must confess, it is very rare when i download the AUM. Preferably i browse the online one.
Now i decided, i will not participate in any contest in the future.
Although it would be really useful, because i am working on a really cool project (a GUI builder), but maybe i will give up my project, it has no reason to put more effort into that.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/11/15 21:11

OK guys, I see your point. I'll make sure to include the contest related info in the online version of the magazine as well.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/11/15 23:13

I suggest a two appeasement contests starting on 10/15/2015.

#1) A tools and engine extensions contest
#2) Small team game project - Teams of 2 people or more.

Lol
Mal
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/11/15 23:52

What about an open sourced classic game clone contest?
It might be a good chance to see (and learn) different programming and graphs solutions for the same task.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/12/15 13:18

Keep the great ideas coming, guys! If more users like them I'll ask JCL to consider them (he is the contest sponsor)
Posted By: JcI_the_second

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/12/15 15:51

I hoped that the new demos and info about contest will be placed on a new page smile . George did you talk with JCL about moving resources on a new page, beacuse page is installed on server?
http://server.conitec.net/au/

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/12/15 15:51

i like txesmi idea laugh retro gaming contest laugh old school clone or in new jacket laugh

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/12/15 16:15

The contest related info will be posted in AUM (offline and online versions) and here, at the forum. We'll see what happens with the new demos when we have them.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/13/15 09:21

yeah open source game contest is a great idea! (retro or not retro is another question) in general I prefer open source stuff, especially when the community has the right to use all of the assets freely in their games! (in general I find it a bad thing that the engine does not include any free-to-use up-to-date graphics assets, and sample games beside the templates)

tools would be also very useful thanks to the missing features of the engine, but they need more effort to implement, so they would probably need longer time to develop... (GUI, effect, shader, pathfinding/AI editors, or shader packages etc.)

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 18:39

Today 3Run received his pro licence from me laugh I asked if i could donate the price to someone else and i could laugh

I know 3Run long long long times (A5) so i decided to make him happy grin
Congrats 3Run and better be very creative now wink

Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 18:53

This is great news, very nice of you, i'm sure you did the right thing.
3run deserved pro licence a long, long time ago.

Cheers!

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 18:57

I agree laugh

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 19:02

I want to thank Realspawn for sharing his price with me! I never even thought that my help on this forum will get appreciated this way laugh Thank you million times man! If I'll earn some millions by selling a game made by this license, I won't forget about you laugh

BTW, I'm thinking about giving away for free my commercial license (since I don't really need it anymore)! If someone needs a free commercial license, PM me! But I have to warn you, that I won't give it away to a first person who will send me a message. I'll watch for user's activity on this forum, to make sure that license will be used in a good way.

Best regards!

edit:

Originally Posted By: Iglarion
3run deserved pro licence a long, long time ago.
Thank you! laugh
Posted By: Superku

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 19:32

Nice, good move Realspawn! And 3run, I expect great game(s) from you now! wink You've always had a way with good gameplay.
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/16/15 21:17

i bet he is already busy laugh

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/17/15 05:37

Originally Posted By: Superku
And 3run, I expect great game(s) from you now! wink You've always had a way with good gameplay.
Thank you! I'll do my best laugh

Originally Posted By: Wjbender
i bet he is already busy laugh
yep laugh a little game is coming soon!

best regards!

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/17/15 15:46

Show me the games grin grin grin grin

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/17/15 16:10

@Realspawn: what a chivalrous gift! I'm sure it landed at the right place.
3run now can make a contest for his commercial license grin

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/17/15 17:01

Originally Posted By: sivan
3run now can make a contest for his commercial license grin
that's actually a great idea!!!

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/18/15 14:32

watch out i might enter that contest muhahahah laugh
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/18/15 16:54

I think that was nice to gave away your pro license.
I appreciate that.

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/18/15 18:55

sometimes i can be a nice person laugh

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/19/15 05:24

I totally agree that 3Run deserved a Pro license for his work here and I was surprised by Realspawn's generous gift laugh

Re: Summer 2015 contest entries have been posted - 10/30/15 11:34

i am and can be sometimes very generous grinnnnn
© 2024 lite-C Forums