is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013

Posted By: jockerob

is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/08/17 16:46

I'v been away for a long time, the latest AUM I'v got was 109, and that was 4 years ago.

Would you guys tell me whether the engine is still being update?No A9 anymore?
Posted By: painkiller

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/08/17 17:01

Latest AUM is 118 from december 2016, you can get it on the forum or read online here: http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/aum/aumonline_e/

Latest gamestudio update is 8.47 from March 2016. I don't think we will see more engine updates in the future, at least not for releasing new features, just maybe bugfixes. Gamestudio development is almost dead and all the company efforts go to develop Zorro.
Posted By: jockerob

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/09/17 14:27

thanks for the link.

I don't think the engine is perfect enough. The world is changing, have you ever hear about VR/AR game? Alright, maybe that's a little far away, but we can still develop some new features, like KINECT control support.

Does A8 support KINECT? I'm not sure.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/09/17 19:40

Yes, of course, there are lot of things and new features that would be nice to have, I just meant that gamestudio's developers don't seem to be working on the engine anymore.

You would probably need to make a custom plugin to get kinect working
Posted By: George

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/14/17 07:29

A new AUM is on its way. Should be ready in a week or two.
Posted By: jumpman

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/14/17 15:20

George is exploding my brain with happiness, I’ll be in the Hosptial, thanks george laugh
Posted By: JrBB

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/14/17 18:29

I'm in another country, so I register a new ID.

Acknex support kinect? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
Acknex support vive? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
Acknex support web view? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
Acknex support ps4,xbox.......? Yes, of course, you need SDK and dev.
Acknex support make money? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
Acknex support space exploration? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
Acknex support World Peace? Yes, of course, you need plugin SDK and dev.
...etc
But, the are not important!

ACKNEX may not affect your game design, but it's behind the pattern that affects your development progress, development experience, resource management, level design... all aspects manufacturing obstacles. Maybe you like trouble.

SAVE your life, go to unity or udk. Learning game development mode and process.

You look here, all the things that are full of amateur nature.
The game is not everyone can do well, but the production tools are sucks, not the main reason.

ACNEX has missed its best transition time, as early as 2007, A6 era, its arrogance is doomed to the present results. undead ACKNEX.

Let the passing of love go with the wind.
acknex, a3, a4, a5, a6, a7..........A8, THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: is the engine still being updated?AUM stoped at 109 since 2013 - 10/15/17 16:11

The usage of Acknex is not mandatory.
So please, stop to offend and to advert other products.
I think you can give advises, you can propose other softwares, but not in this style.
© 2024 lite-C Forums