Difficulty texturing models

Posted By: hotshotp2

Difficulty texturing models - 10/17/08 15:12

Hi all, recently reinstalled my gamestudio 3d V6.6 Extra edition and I'm having difficulty skinning models. I'm sure last time I used med that when I created a skin mapping that it put the mesh onto my texture and then I could export it to a paint package and paint in the lines to texture my model. I cannot do that anymore, did I dream it or am I missing something.

Tried it in Blender too but cannot work out how to unwrap and export the mesh to a paint programme file and back again!
Posted By: badapple

Re: Difficulty texturing models - 10/17/08 15:40

skinning in the new med

1 edit > manage skins > new skin

2 click texture and close skin settings window

3 highlight new skin (click on it and select it)

4 click skin settings > texture format then input the size you want the skin to be lets say 256 X 256 24 bit add mipmaps and close out skin settings again

5 edit > create 2 sidded model mapping

6 your skin should now be in the skin editor the way you remember it from before
Posted By: hotshotp2

Re: Difficulty texturing models - 10/18/08 06:30

Many thanks for that, but I thought there was a way of actually sending the skin, with model lines etc. on it to a .pcx file so that I know where to paint the various parts of a texture.

Or is it a case of painting my texture importing it and then moving the vertices etc. to the right place on my texture file?

Cheers,
Posted By: badapple

Re: Difficulty texturing models - 10/19/08 14:19

after the above steps you should be able to export skin from the skin editor like you want
Posted By: pyramide

Re: Difficulty texturing models - 12/10/08 11:45

you could try another UV program for complex models .
Itīs better.

3D studio max
unwrap
deep exploration UV
© 2024 lite-C Forums