A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta.

Posted By: Jethro

A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 07/27/12 00:15

Has anybody tried running older A6 games on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

We have a few products my publisher is re-packaging and the games run fine, its only when you exit the game, we get the "Acknex has stopped working" windows error message. It leaves the users machine hung until task manager is started and the application closed.

A6.314 from memory is the version it is published with.

Weird thing is A5 games don't seem to have this issue??

Hope someone can help. (JCL any ideas)
Posted By: BySharDe

Re: A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 07/27/12 01:28

IMO, A6 has a low compatiblity with win7. This comment comes from after testing several A6 code projects.
It is better to work at least A7 engine. Just like playing battlefield3 on a five years old PC seems tasteless.
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 07/27/12 08:40

it MIGHT be RISKY, but maybe you could try to update a project to the latest A6.6, to see if this problem still occurs
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 10/08/12 18:03

My new game works fine on Win7 Home Premium but not on Win7 Professional. Made with A6.6
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 11/02/12 18:07

Correction: It has been tested successfully on some computers with Win7 Pro but not on others. A mystery still.
Posted By: DestroyTheRunner

Re: A6 "Acknex has stopped working" on win 7 and 8 beta. - 11/13/12 05:10

Hey if anyone has any updated information about A6 acting weird in Windows7 systems, please post it here.

Im currently working in a project with A6.40 (I havenīt updated to A6.60 because I have the standard version and A6.60 has some issues with it) anyway, I would like to know if anyone have experienced any more issues with A6 and Windows7.

thaaanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums