anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware

Posted By: TeutonidDarkness

anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 12/30/18 10:46

Long time user... just wondering if I am alone in realizing the potential in old hardware here? Sure new tech is great but I can imagine a lot of 1up machines being powered with A5 and ancient hardware... anyone else?
Posted By: jumpman

Re: anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 01/08/19 16:54

1up as in arcade machines?
Posted By: FBL

Re: anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 01/30/19 23:10

Nope. I see no reason why someone would do this. A5 is not quite an arcade platform and not all that many outstanding games were created with it.

For an arcade machine I would use cheap modern hardware (less hassle to get) and run an emulator for C64, Amiga, 8/16 Bit consoles (to get real ancient arcade games).
Posted By: TeutonicDarkness

Re: anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 02/08/19 04:58

hey,

almost f0rg0t I p0sted this...anyway 0h well just checking.
I have a t0n 0f 0ld m0nit0rs and 0ld pcs. They w0nt run newer game studi0 versin0ns. well f0rgive the 0dd txt keyb0ard w0nt d0 0's 0nly zer0s. well anyway back t0 w0rk these things w0n't spring t0 life by themselves y0u kn0w!
Posted By: Amanda_Dearheart

Re: anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 07/06/19 22:53

I don't kinow how old you have in mind, but within the week I am planning on creating a YOuTube series on how to program TGE and 3DGS systems for those on who are interested.
Posted By: BorgNot

Re: anyone else think of revitalizing old hardware - 07/28/19 15:18

I have been keeping old machines. I had hoped to have time to re-utilize them at some point. They are in storage. I wanted to do Atari style remakes as Art Pieces. For instance, sell them as Interactive Art kind of like SteamPunk style.
© 2024 lite-C Forums