A7 Animated Textures still

Posted By: Domino

A7 Animated Textures still - 04/29/21 15:38

I have created a block and given it a water texture (animated / turbulent).
However block texture is no longer turbulent!
Same thing goes for sky texture.
Posted By: 3run

Re: A7 Animated Textures still - 04/29/21 18:51

Hey! As far as I remember, that happens if 'Create Mesh' flag is set in 'Map Compiler' settings.

Best regards.
Posted By: NeoDumont

Re: A7 Animated Textures still - 05/02/21 22:09

@Domino:

3RUN is right. Uncheck the "Create Mesh" flag in the map compiler options.

Also:

Have a look at the online GS Manual at "Create Meshes", there is a small explanation, why this feature exists.

Google "Static meshes" and you will get a deeper explaination from the Unreal page.

I own A8 Extra Edition and animated block textures did not work unless I unchecked the "create meshes" check box. The Texture animation worked again, but the attached tplayer walk script forced my player to slowly lift upwards. Needs to be modified for this mode in A8 I guess. A simple walk script however worked, together with texture animation.

I use my old A7 Extra editon mainly to get texture animation, use Tplayer scripts for certain projects and work in a good workflow until I solved the A8 script prob.

With A8 , if you dont have shader features, I recommend animated sprites or skin animated mdls to create water or flow FX, perhaps with uv shifting as some kind of bypass.

Looks as if texture animation and shaders exclude each other somehow by default, if I understood the explanations mentioned above correctly.

Hope that helps.

NeoDumont

A8 Extra 8.47
A7 Extra 7.01
Posted By: Dooley

Re: A7 Animated Textures still - 05/03/21 09:41

This thread also discusses the same issue. Superku mentioned that the same effects could be accomplished with a material set with a script...
https://opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=481440#Post481440
© 2024 lite-C Forums