Christian Cafe'

Posted By: Kinji_2007

Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 00:18

Chime in and give your opinions, facts, scripture, etc. I am sure most of this has been a topic before.. I havent been involved before so here it is again. :-)
Christian to Christian I would like to see some of your replies.

1) Deity of Christ? Is he the Father, Son and Holyghost all wrapped up in one?
Is there 3 triune Gods? Trinity. Or a very uncommon belief but is there 2? The Father and the Son and the Holyghost is the spirit of God.

Some people even believe that Jesus was the LORD and God in the OT and that the Father was still invisible and silent then.

2) Is the true chosen of God the people that are in the "state" of Israel or is Christians the true Israel?

3) The 10 commandments.. do we follow them still? A "must" or not needed. Whats your opinion?

4) Are we required this day and age to tithe 10%. If not, why do you think so?

5) The Antichrist. Is he one man or a group of people? Or a spirit even? Does he exist today?

6) At what stage of revelation are we in? Surly this is the last days. Observation of the world today as compared to when I was a kid shows major changes in morals, attitude, etc. Where do you think we are right now?

Just curious of your beliefs. We talk and debate so much about other topics containing violence and such.. a breath of fresh air is to talk strictly about Christianity. :-)
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 01:34

no comment...

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 02:10

ty

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 03:41

I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get, as I hate it when people talk about religeon on the forums. I know this is the "free-for-all" section, but ... yeah.

...And I am a musician that also happens to like Slayer's MUSIC, not beliefs.

I do not worship "SATAN", I sure as f*ck did not come from a monkey. I am non-religeous, though I grew up in a Christian home. I want to find my own way when the day comes...
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 05:40

Quote:

I hate it when people talk about religeon on the forums

O com'on guitarist.
Religion and/or God is eternal .

In contrast, we are lucky if our games last for ten years, but God lasts forever.
Ain't it worth talking about?

@ Kinji
Hey, it's "Kinji the great" from Missisippi. Welcome back bro.
But, I'm not very opinionated on those subjects below. I guess... Hmmmnnn...

Quote:

1) Deity of Christ? Is he the Father, Son and Holyghost all wrapped up in one?
Is there 3 triune Gods? Trinity. Or a very uncommon belief but is there 2? The Father and the Son and the Holyghost is the spirit of God.

I'm not an expert, but I think that is ONE God and Jesus is the SON.

I say that, because if Jesus is not God, then we have no business praying or talking to Him. As we should pray only to God alone.

Yeah, God the Father is on the throne in heaven and the Holy Spirit is here witnessing about Jesus being the Messiah.

Quote:

2) Is the true chosen of God the people that are in the "state" of Israel or is Christians the true Israel?

I don't think that God has abandomed them. Because God does not abandon totally His people ever. I don't think God is like that. Therefore, Israel is still His people, but right now they seem to be missing the blessings of the Spirit?

Quote:

3) The 10 commandments.. do we follow them still? A "must" or not needed. Whats your opinion?

Well Gee, I don't know. I admit to not follow a "Saturday" sabbath and I still eat ham, eggs and stuff.
But, it's probably good to follow them as best as possible, you think so?
Quote:

Yeah, I think so.
Quote:

5) The Antichrist. Is he one man or a group of people? Or a spirit even? Does he exist today?

I think he's probably one man ruling a world system.
I think "radical" Islam will play a big role in this and the christian church is just missing the boat.
Why?

Well because I don't see atheist, buddhist or anybody else trying to conquer the world by force in such a religious manner like the anti-christ is supposed to do. Who is it?
Quote:

6) At what stage of revelation are we in? Surly this is the last days. Observation of the world today as compared to when I was a kid shows major changes in morals, attitude, etc. Where do you think we are right now?

Hmmmmn, I'm not sure. I would say that when we see Europe converted to Islam and then the pope would make an alliance with them to conquer Israel, then we are all going to be into some deep horse doo-doo.
Because, when they try to take down Israel, then it's Meggido and we are going to be really messed up down here. lol

But, I don't know.
What is your opinion on these 6 subjects Kinji?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 12:44

@Guitar

I appreciate a answer. At least your open minded enough to know that you will have to find your own way eventually. :-) gl

Hey Ran_Man, just like you.. real life gets busy sometimes. ^^ I had to take a few days and catch up. Ill give a detailed answer to the questions in a bit. :-)

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 16:52

1) Jesus is a part of God yet He is not the Father. John saw them seperate in his vision. Jesus gave glory to the Father alone. Even when you pray.. Jesus taught to pray to the Father. He did not want you praying to Himself. So I have to ask.. do you pray to the Jesus or do you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus?

2)

a) This could be a long answer. lol Ill keep it simple. No.. the new Israel is not the people that live in "Israel". Jesus Christ is Israel and so are the Christians that have faith in Him. I can back up this theory. In short, Jesus played the role of Israel. From His birth to His death He followed the path that Israel took. He passed each test in the same order that Israel failed. Take a look.

a) Israel was in bondage in Egypt at the start. In (exo 4:22) the Lord called Israel His Son, even His firstborn. He brought them out of Egypt. Now when Jesus was young His parents took Him to the land of Egypt to avoid Herod. In (matt 2:15) the Word says that Jesus is Gods Son. Thats not the most important thing about that scripture. Check out the fact that Jesus fulfilled what was spoken in (hos 11:1) Saying that.. Jesus is called "Israel".

b) When the Israelites left Egypt they were baptized in the sea. (1 cor 10:2)

b) (matt 3:15) Jesus also was baptized

c) We know that the Israelites now spent 40 years in the wilderness.

c) Jesus after being baptized spent 40 days in the wilderness. (matt 4:1)

d) Israel is the vine? (psa 80:8)

d) Now Jesus is the vine (john 15:1)

e) (isa 41:8) Israel is the seed.

e) Now Jesus is the seed. (gal 3:16)

Galations 3:26-29

Jesus Christ is the seed of Abraham and He is Israel. He is Gods chosen and so are those that follow Him. The "state" of Israel failed to turn to God and even more than that they rejected His Son.

God made a covenant with the 12 tribes at the foot of Mount Sinai. (ex 24:8) The new covenant happens almost the same way with the 12 apostles, Mount Zion. (matt 26:28)

Check out (rom 9:3-8) There is a clear idea of who the NEW Israel is.

Who was Jesus talking to in (john 8:41) ? What did He say about them?

Again, who is a Jew? Who is Israel? Read (rom 2:17) and (rom 2:25-27) This explains it very well.

If this is true then imagine how many things are possibly misunderstood. What about revelations? Read it again and apply "Israel" to the church. It takes a whole new meaning. What about the 3rd temple being built after the second one was destroyed? We know where the temple is. Within us. If we as Christians are the new Israel and the new temple of God is in our hearts then many things take new meaning in the Word.

When was the Israelites stripped of their calling? Check out (matt 21:43)

I'll continue later. :-)
Posted By: Irish_Farmer

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/15/07 17:17

1). I'm with orthodoxy on this one.

2). The chosen could be said to be anyone who is in the personal covenant with God at this point, and that means Christians be they Jew or otherwise.

3). Yes. They were meant to be universal.

4). I've never seen any verses that say so.

5). I'm considering the partial preterist position, in which case the anti-christ has already come and gone.

6). I'm not 100% sure I see what you mean here. But I'm rushed, so that might be why.

Quote:

I sure as f*ck did not come from a monkey.

You had human parents didn't you? So I would contend this position.

I can understand if you want to find your own way, but that doesn't explain why you hate it when others believe in Christianity and want to discuss those beliefs. You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?
Posted By: fogman

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 09:05

Quote:

I can understand if you want to find your own way, but that doesn't explain why you hate it when others believe in Christianity and want to discuss those beliefs. You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?

Maybe because most religions dealing with fear and ignorance and not with love and truth?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 11:18

Off course, I'm not a Christian, but I've got some questions anyways, since these topics are interesting to some extent.

Quote:

Well because I don't see atheist, buddhist or anybody else trying to conquer the world by force in such a religious manner like the anti-christ is supposed to do. Who is it?

Well, wouldn't it make sense considering Satan's (=the anti-christ right?) alleged treacherous nature that he's actually one of the Christians, you know 'a false prophet', a 'new messiah'?

Does he/she/it/whatever necessarily have to do anything religious? Doesn't it only have to be very very evil?

Quote:

Because God does not abandon totally His people ever. I don't think God is like that.

I don't want to attack this opinion, but it's quite an assumption. What comes to my mind is also the fact that according to many Jews had a curse of being prosecuted, terminated and what more. What God would allow that to happen to 'his chosen people'?

Quote:

As long as it's for charity for which it's meant and not for the churches private gold supply, why not... However, when looking at the Vatican, ... enough said, right?

Quote:

Ain't it worth talking about?

I'd say yes it's worth it, however, it depends on the amount of uh ridiculousness I think.

Quote:

Maybe because most religions dealing with fear and ignorance and not with love and truth?

Pfew, at least sóme seem to understand how religion is a method of controlling the mass, even to this day ...

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 14:19

Quote:

You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?

Because I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak. I believe in Christ and Christianity, I simply choose to go against it. I have no soul, no faith, just hatred for man.
Posted By: Irish_Farmer

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 18:42

Quote:

Because I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak. I believe in Christ and Christianity, I simply choose to go against it. I have no soul, no faith, just hatred for man.

Ok.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 18:50

Quote:

I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak.

Yes, but we all ARE indeed weak.
We only think we are strong, but we are not.

You could die from disease or accident at any time.

No offense, but we humans are very "big-headed", when we think we are strong.

We all can and will die. Only God is strong, everything else is just weak flesh.

Quote:

you know 'a false prophet'

Yes, that's a good point.
The "false prophet" talked about in the biblical book of "REVELATION" has been interpreted for centuries to be the pope.

Because it talks about the prophet on 7 hills. The city on 7 hills is Rome.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 22:26

Quote:

Do you have a reason why you have chosen to go against it íf you dó believe in it? It sounds both weird and interesting at the same time.

I don't think it's for the weak, or perhaps it is, but at least it "works" for them, so I guess it's a good thing*, right?

Cheers

*not always, since it's also easy for others to take advantage of 'the weak' in whichever way.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 22:44

Quote:

Well, wouldn't it make sense considering Satan's (=the anti-christ right?) alleged treacherous nature that he's actually one of the Christians, you know 'a false prophet', a 'new messiah'?

There could be a man and it may be a spirit. If you want to get right down to it... something that is against the teachings of Christ. IMO I think that satan is more clever than we all think. he transforms himself into a angel of light. Today man has created doctrines that not only have nothing to do with the Bible but some even go against the teachings of Christ. Thus the spirit of the anti-christ works from within the church. I could give you a list that would blow your mind.. catholic, baptist, pentecostal, mormon and so on.. man has in many ways changed the Word of God to fit his needs. Again, IMO.. the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making someone think they're saved when in fact they are not. Faith alone will not get you there.

Quote:

I don't want to attack this opinion, but it's quite an assumption. What comes to my mind is also the fact that according to many Jews had a curse of being prosecuted, terminated and what more. What God would allow that to happen to 'his chosen people'?

There is a long history of God trying to deal with His people. He gave them so many chances. They need only turn to Him yet they did not in most cases. 40 years in the wilderness.. thats a long time and they brought this upon themselves. Worshipping false gods, adultry, murder and so on.

Quote:

As long as it's for charity for which it's meant and not for the churches private gold supply, why not... However, when looking at the Vatican, ... enough said, right?

Thats not a good example. lol I wouldnt actually put "catholic" in on Christianity. The Bible speaks of a "great whore". Geuss who that is? They are the best at totally twisting the Word to fit them. Just curious for you catholics.. what right does any man have to forgive you of your sins? You confess to man or to God? And who gave the authority to pray to Jesus' mother?
I wont even get to much into this one. lol

Quote:

Do you serve God because you love Him or do you serve Him out of fear of hell?
I say serve Him out of love with fear and respect. As for churches controlling the mob with fear tactics.. see my thoughts above about man changing the Word to fit his needs.

Quote:

O_O I must say "wow". Kinduv reminds me of what Jesus said about Judas. Ouch. God loves you and it isnt to late. ;-) Believeing is the hard part for most people.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 22:51

You're right about Catholicism, that was exactly my point, but yeah, in Europe Catholicism is considered to be a 'Christian' religion, that's a bit off perhaps when comparing to the American view I think.

Quote:

Worshipping false gods, adultry, murder and so on.

Okey, fair enough, and the modern non-original traditions make this worse and worse?

Quote:

he transforms himself into a angel of light.

What would that look like in practice? What's your definition of 'angel'. Can we see those or are those ghostly beings? (As you'll understand, I'm just curious, I don't believe in angels at all)

Quote:

As for churches controlling the mob with fear tactics..

If you're talking about the 30s, I think it has probably been the other way around.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 22:59

For Israel? They are not actually Gods chosen now. They lost it. Jesus made this very clear. Check the second post I made here for my reasons of thinking this.

Jesus Christ is Israel.. those that follow Him are the chosen. Paul also made this very clear.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

Quote:

What would that look like in practice? What's your definition of 'angel'. Can we see those or are those ghostly beings? (As you'll understand, I'm just curious, I don't believe in angels at all)

As a whole.. a servent of God. Not sure of how one looks but I can imagine that taking the form of man is possible. (angel of light) I think the scripture is talking about a teaching or way of life that is wrong but made to look like it is right. A example.. if oneness is not correct then Jesus and the Father are 2 seperate beings. Oneness prays to Jesus as the Father thus eliminating the Father all together. Not saying oneness is wrong.. just saying that this is a example of how very bad things can be made to look like very good things.

Quote:

If you're talking about the 30s, I think it has probably been the other way around.

Even now. Fear of hell, fear of the pastor, fear of what the deacon thinks about you, so many rules to throw in your face. In many churches the pastor deserves so much respect but the Bible also says for us to test the spirits.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:06

I don't like it when people try and convince/push you into a religeon. To be classified by a certain religeon. If one day I decide to choose a faith, then hey, there it is. But now now. It's been a long time since I've felt happy. Now all I feel is sick, dying inside. Maybe I've sold my soul for hatred, and from that comes strength. To never give in, to always push. Hopefully one day things will change...

Alright, storytime. The most random [censored] thats happened to me... well, maybe not, but still, wtf?

Yesterday, I was at the mall gettin' some pizza with my bro scott, and some dude comes up to me and asks me, "hey man, what do you thinks going to happen to you after you die? I mean, have you ever been asked that?". He aked me again, and I told him that I felt there's no continuation, that the road ends there. He continued taking and used several persuasive techniques to persuade me to change my ways, asking me about sins we've all committed, and about judgement.
So I sat there, and listened. I was busy, wanted to eat, and I knew where he was goin with this, but, I stood there and listened to every word he had to say with full attention. Eventually he was done, so I shook his hand and he left.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:13

Quote:

For Israel? They are not actually Gods chosen now. They lost it. Jesus made this very clear. Check the second post I made here for my reasons of thinking this.

Jesus Christ is Israel.. those that follow Him are the chosen. Paul also made this very clear.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

Okey, thanks for the explanation, you did understand correctly.

Quote:

just saying that this is a example of how very bad things can be made to look like very good things.

In a way that's why I don't "trust" the bible, even if the stories would be true (I mean historical).

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:20

Quote:

I don't like it when people try and convince/push you into a religeon.

They shouldnt. Whether you believe it or not, God deals with us all in different ways. You are here talking about religion thus you are interested in some form or another.

Quote:

It's been a long time since I've felt happy. Now all I feel is sick, dying inside.

Heres your sign. Time for a change. What your doing isnt working so why not find whats right for you?

Quote:

Maybe I've sold my soul for hatred, and from that comes strength. To never give in, to always push.

So God is dealing with you? I hardly doubt you have sold your soul.

Quote:

Alright, storytime. The most random [censored] thats happened to me... well, maybe not, but still, wtf?

See my remark about God dealing with you. :-)

Quote:

In a way that's why I don't "trust" the bible, even if the stories would be true (I mean historical).

We walk by faith and not by sight. All we can do is look at all the facts and make the best decision possible. Forget church doctrine, forget religion.. read the Word and try to do the best you can.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:27

Quote:

I hardly doubt you have sold your soul.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:33

The blood of Jesus covers a multitude of sins. You said you believe in Him.. thus you know what I mean. Not pushing any religion on you.. just saying. There is hope when your ready for it.
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:43

Quote:

At what stage of revelation are we in? Surly this is the last days.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/16/07 23:50

Hey Guitarist,

There ain't no selling point. There is no CARDINAL sin.
Even if you did sell your soul, you can turn it to whichever way you want it to be.

I used to see, hear and talk to demons every day and I changed, so anybody can do the same.
I'm not special, but just an average human.
Hear my Rock music at the link below.

http://www.noahsadventures.com/downloads/gameinside.mp3

@ Kinji,

I'm not sure bro, but God is probably not done with Israel yet.
If so, then the Romans would have killed them off.
Or Hitler or the old popes or somebody would have killed off all the Jews. It's not natural to keep getting attacked and then to survive.

Look at the vandals, the Byzantines, and others. They got attacked and died off, but not the Jews.

Instead, we see a group of people that we call "Jews" and they insist on being distinct from any other culture.

This "Distinct" quality that they have is a "spiritual" matter.
Quote:

Who was Jesus talking to in (john 8:41) ?

I'm not sure, but I think it might be the Jewish Pharisee leaders, because in verse 13 it says this:
Quote:

John 8:13 The Pharisees challenged him , "Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid." 14 Jesus answered, "Even

They should have been wiped out.
Instead, they become a nation again in 1948.
Quote:

When was the Israelites stripped of their calling? Check out (matt 21:43)

I'm thinking that he's not talking to all israelites here, because in verse 45 we read the following:
Quote:

Matthew 21:45
When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus' parables, they knew he was talking about them.

So, he's talking to the religious leaders once again.

But, I agree they are not blessed "spiritually" right now for sure. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

@ Matt,
He's talking about the biblical book of "Revelation".
It's a book about future prophecy and it's in the bible.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 00:15

@Matt

Quote:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Be more specific. Did you not understand the question or are you just trying to be rude? lol

@Ran_Man

My decision about Israel is based on far more scripture than just what I have posted. :-) I'll give a few more. Not debating of course.. I dont claim to know anything for a fact. I just try to study things like Israel because if "Israel" is now Christians then that effects many things regarding revelations and so on.

In Matt 23:37-38 I think was the last word for Israel.

Gal 3:26-29 Is also a fine example.
Posted By: LarryLaffer

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 00:25

You could SEE, HEAR, and TALK to demons?? EVERY DAY????

Dude.. you're not an average human.. I assure you, an average human does NOT see demons every day. Trust me, i've tried!

Well, change it back man! Stop making Christian games, and get your demon link skill back on! Do you realise how much money you can make this way? Just make the deamons tell you something about the future and stuff, tell it to the news, vuallah! you're a rich man! You'll be able to change Ran Man to Rich Man! Then, use your millions into buying off 40-50 of Electronic Arts slaves, and start producing mass Christian games, like 4-5 a year!

I'm telling you man...

Ok, so i don't even know why I clicked in this thread It's been such a boring day... carry on.. I actually liked how someone made a thread to really talk about religion, instead of just trying to start another back-and-forth war.. Happy chatting

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 00:30

Quote:

I actually liked how someone made a thread to really talk about religion, instead of just trying to start another back-and-forth war.. Happy chatting

It has been a pleasant conversation so far. :-)

Answer to "where are we in revelations?"

I think we are living in the 5th seal.

seal 1
Rev 6:1 Jesus death.

seal 2
red horse.. anyone have any ideas?

seal 3
stock market? world trade? not sure.

seal 4
ww1 ?

seal 5
ww2 ?

seal 6

ww3.. description of major nuke?

Just wanting opinions since we can only guess about this one.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 02:02

No offense Ran_Man, please don't take it personally,

but in my opinion, that song was horrible. Except for the vocals, it all sounded like a cheap mixdown of a midi device.
Posted By: fogman

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 06:07

Quote:

We all can and will die. Only God is strong, everything else is just weak flesh.

Quote:

I say serve Him out of love with fear and respect.

Respect: Yes, absolutely!
Fear: No, at least not for me...
Well, if you ask me, I did say that we are God. We all together.
So I believe that God isn´t bad or good. He is. Not more, not less.
We have to learn what´s good or bad. That´s the reason why "God" does allow such awful things like war.

We have to accept the responsibility for our actions.

In fact I think we are not weak. We are (all together!) one of the strongest things you can imagine.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 10:32

Among other things.. its not wonder the world hates the U.S. Not a political turn to the conversation.. just looking at the actions of a country that boasts to be founded on Christianity.

Got a headache? Gets some AIDS to fix it right up.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 13:48

Wow, never heard about that before, not that I ever have headaches, but that's a different story. Btw. that isn't a April fools day joke? (would be a pretty sick one tho)

Quote:

just looking at the actions of a country that boasts to be founded on Christianity.

Yes, eventhough officially this isn't true.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 14:52

@ Larry
Quote:

Do you realise how much money you can make this way? Just make the deamons tell you something about the future

Yeah, I agree, but I tried that years ago!
I did ask them many questions and they talked a lot.

But, what I found out was, that they are just like us!
They don't know the future!
I asked them "technical" questions about the mechanics in my car and also the electronics at my job at company then caled "Microdata".

And guess what?
THEY DID NOT KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWER! I found that myself knew mnre then they did on most topics. Strange, huh>

Conclusion:
Only God knows the future and the technology. Only He knows it all.
The "invisible angels" <both good and bad ones> are only spirit beings that go around and talk and get entertained by us humans. They read these forums too, don't think they don't. This stuff is "entertainment" to them.
They only turn VISIBLE after special permission is given to them.

Btw, do NOT ever call them. If you call them and you cannot see them, it is because GOD is protecting you from them! Please do NOT do this. For reasons of your health and sanity, don't do it.

@guitarist
sorry, I guess I'm only an "amateur" songwriter.
Does this mean that I will not win the AMERICAN IDOL songwriter competition?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 15:48

Hell, I say go for it. like I said the vocals were fine, but the midi drum loop and [whatever] guitar, not so much...

And sorry but I must admit I think all that talking to demons you speak of is a bunch a sh*t. If you really think you were talking to demons, then ...
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 15:50

Ran Man is probably schizophrenic or delusional. Its sad that he doesnt seek some professional help, as there are treatments available.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 19:55

No, but they exist! Not joking! It's true!

I don't see them anymore, because I asked God to help me and He did.

So, they turned invisible again. You know:
my.invisible=on;

But they are still here all around us.

Hey Guitarist,
Since you are a musician, what do you think of this other one below?
http://www.noahsadventures.com/downloads/gamenoah.mp3

Which song should I use in the game trailor movie? Which song is better?
Anyone? Please advise me?

Or maybe this one below?
http://www.noahsadventures.com/downloads/gamelove.mp3

Which one for the trailor movie? Hmmnnnn, I don't know...

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 20:12

Quote:

I don't see them anymore, because I asked God to help me and He did.

A friend of mine says he sees ghosts too, he also promised me to tell me and point to it whenever he saw one when I was around. He never ever saw a ghost when I was around. That makes you wonder, don't you think?

The problem with these claims, especially when people 'suddenly' don't see or hear these 'demons' anymore is the total lack of evidence. It could very well be all inside the head. Perhaps your believe in God simply made you realize that, however that would mean you've convinced yourself it's not real or something. How can you ignore these things if you really can see them? I can't see how any God would change what you see with your eyes, so it must have been in your head all along,

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 21:07

Im not sure who sees them or not but I do agree that they are everywhere. ;-)

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 21:12

Quote:

A friend of mine says he sees ghosts too, he also promised me to tell me and point to it whenever he saw one when I was around. He never ever saw a ghost when I was around. That makes you wonder, don't you think?

LOL Well no, not really wondering at all.

The way it works is that it is HARDER for them to appear with more people around.

Harder?

Well, yes, harder in the sense that they need special "permission" to become visible to a person.
They cannot just do whatever they want, or else they would be GODS like the ancient peoples thought they were.

They will not appear when you are around, because you are protected right now. Yes, Phemox is protected by GOD.

and GOD will not let you see them! Because, they do not belong to you in the supernatural.

This is the way that NORMAL people are bro. God protects them! This makes us all NORMAL. Or else we would all by Psycho's running around killing and doing terrible un-thinkable deeds. <Just like in Noah's time.>

God also, protected me at first too and I was a "atheist". They did not appear immediately to me. It took months for them to start appearing at will.

But, thank God he came back to me and started protecting me again. Hooray! Yep, it's good to be NORMAL again.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 22:28

I've thought some of the most horrible things, and I've done some really bad things, and from reading above posts by me, you can easily see that I'm not a good person.

Yet in my darkest times, when I'm completely alone miles away from people, I've never seen such things. Maybe they've no need to mess with me, as I'm down far enough, or possessed sometimes, but still I see/hear nothing. Not the words of demons or of a god. And I don't expect to...

BTW: I listened to all the songs again, and while I must admit it's not my preferred genre of music, I still appreciate the talent and work put into it. My favorite one that I see the most prospect in is "Noah's Story". I actually enjoyed it a bit

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 23:07

Oh cool, thanks, "Noah's Story". Tom did good vocals on that one.
I do shout out just before the musical interlude, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR! Haha! That "zombie" sounding voice that I have. lol

I will take note of this special,because you are a musician.

If we can help you, let us know.
Kinji is a good and great guy and so is Nitro.
There's lots of good people here.

I try to be good, but hey, I'm just a "dead dog" sinner like everybody else is.

Bye.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/17/07 23:19

Quote:

The way it works is that it is HARDER for them to appear with more people around.

I see, okey fair enough, eventhough it does sound like back paddling to me in a way.

Quote:

Yes, Phemox is protected by GOD.

Well, God must have thought "if you can't beat them, join them" then ... Wait a minute, that's a scary thought actually.

Quote:

This is the way that NORMAL people are bro.

Right, but I'm not quite normal, I figured that out long ago reading other people's minds, levitating stuff and walking across the water.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 02:18

I dont know what people see these days but I do know that anything is possible.

Quote:

Well, God must have thought "if you can't beat them, join them" then ...

God extended His love to everyone. ;-) You included PHeMoX. He doesnt join you but insist through different instances in life that you join Him. I can see good things about you.. good traits. If I trully believe in God then I must think, how much more can He see about you? You seem to be respectful even when you do not agree, a good heart from first glance, strong minded.. even when a bit off. lol He deals with us all and we all have a calling, some more than others. I would have to say that you remind me of Paul. ;-)

At the very least dont let anyone ever push any religion on you. Never. :-) Read the Bible, add the facts and if you really think in your heart that Jesus was'nt what He claimed to be then so be it. You can never look at the pope, the baptist, the catholics or any other factor in Christianity. "So called Christianity" Read the Bible, look at every fact you can and if possible live according to the Word. You will understand and no one will have to explain God exist. ;-)

@ Guitar

Also a good heart, simply lost in life. Isnt it amazing how life consumes you and your mind jumps to places it doesnt belong? Almost seems like a rebellion aginst what we know is true. You control your destiny and I can assure you that love has benefits that hate could never live up to. Answer a question in respect and youll get the respect you gave, help those in need and youll find someone helping you, when in need. Why would you choose to be a bad person? I would like a answer to that question. I will pray for you above my friends and family and I seriously hope you will give a answer.

rev 3:20

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 02:25

Kinji, you have been a good man, and more important, you have been a good friend.

I am a strange individual, yes. I can't seem to understand my self either. Half of me wants to be the worst thing to live. yet a small part of me still loves. I often, despite what I sometimes feel, am a very kind person. I ask for nothing, and I try to give whatever I can to those who do not go against me.

When I'm alone, I get on a deeper level with myself, and find that I hate what I'm doing. I feel like I'm dying, slowly. As if I had cancer, in a way. I feel as if my hearts rotting away from the inside. I could easily give in to kindness, and become a better person, but I decide not to. I don't know why, but there is something about this hate and pain that I like, and I can't let go of it. So I let it consume me...

I hope I have answered your question.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 03:06

You sound like a complete example of my life. :-) My wife is sitting here playing on her pc.. she read your post and says you sound exactly like me. (in the past, tats cover my body, eye brows pierced, ears full of scrap metal :-D Tongue still has a hole seems like a light pole could fit in. Music? The worst I could find.) I fought everything I knew was good. I played with music, god_smack and others... X.... u know what I mean. I did everything wrong thinking it was right and I had no clue about where I was going. I could look at everyone and wonder "Why are they so happy? I am not even CLOSE to leading the same life as them." I felt I was different. This day I KNOW things are different. You can to.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 03:20

Quote:

GOD will not let you see them

Hey!!! What gives? So that's why I couldn't see them when i tried a few years ago? Sure I was young, and only wanted to experiment, and I was busting my ass for months and got nothing... God was behind it all along! Shame on him.. So much for free will and all that mambo jumbo.

Cool that you did it anyway.. Man, you know you could win One Million Dollars, if only you could prove they exist? Such a shame, you don't have any evidence... One million dollars is a lot of money.. I sure hope, God wouldn't protect me so much! even just for a day or two..

Quote:

I asked them "technical" questions about the mechanics in my car and also the electronics at my job at company then caled "Microdata".

And guess what?
THEY DID NOT KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWER!

What?!? Stupid deamons... You know what, that's why satanism is going to hell lately(no pun intended). They're getting less and less followers everyday... They gotta change their approach. Rivers of lava, giant cauldrons, red tails and all that pain and agony for all eternity marketing line that they have going on for the last years.. It's just not doing it for people anymore... It's a technological world, they should keep up or get out of the way. Then again, we Have been hearing only the one side of the story.. I mean, God has written all the books.. and apprently, he doesn't let us see deamons. It's a strange world..

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 03:41

Quote:

Shame on him.. So much for free will

lol No offense, but:

You know not what you ask for.

God already knows that you will regret calling for them.

It's like if your child insist on walking in front of a train. Would you let them do it?

About free will:

Yes, you have a free will, but also the angels <all around you> also have a free will. What demons want is bad for humans, so God says "I'M FOR LARRY!" and he often forgets the desires of the demonic ones, in favor of good for you.

If they come, they don't want to ever leave you.
But, you will wish that they would leave you.

They don't sleep <spirits>, so they keep you awake all night or give you violent nightmares, when you do manage to sleep.

They will threaten and cuss you out constantly.

You will SEE them and HEAR their evil and then you will tell them to LEAVE and GET OUT! But they will only laugh at you and claim you as their slave.

If you telll another human, then everyone will think you are crazy. Trust me, it's a bad feeling.

Yes, God protects ALL of us for a good reason.
If not, then we end up in "insane assylums", because the educated doctors their are blind to the patients experiences. So, they give them drugs, because the doctors are ignorant.
Posted By: zazang

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 03:46

I'm an atheist and no offence to the believers..but Where did God come from ?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 04:29

Quote:

If you telll another human, then everyone will think you are crazy.

probably because of the total lack of evidence.... People today are such sceptics. I don't understand why when you tell them something, or the Bible tells them something, they don't believe it right away, but they need to explain everything..

Quote:

It's like if your child insist on walking in front of a train. Would you let them do it?

No, but I'd never promise my child THAT much of free will. But God does.. He doesn't say... "You're Free to do Anything!... apart seeing deamons.. of course.."

All I'm saying is, I'd like to hear their side of the story for once.. It always seemed to be about, God told me this, God showed me that... no-one really cared about what Satan has to say... maybe he's not all bad, who knows..

Ran Man, I figured out how you could cash in on your Deamon Vision, if you could hopefully get it back.. Apply for Randi's contest, and claim you can see through things. Have them show you things behind a curtain, and then make the deamon look around the curtain and tell you what they are! It's unbeatable! And also, requires no tecnological background! Any dumb-witted deamon could do that!

Tell me how it goes!

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 04:57

Quote:

Where did God come from ?

Yes, well God is a SPIRIT being.

So, everything physical is created at some point. With a SPIRIT that neither rusts nor decays, then it IS forever and needs not to be created.

How can a SPIRIT entity die, for example? It has no heart, lungs or brain, yet only has a consciousness. How will it ever get old? Can we say it is 100 years old? By what time standard? It could be a thousand or a million years old, what is to say otherwise?

Quote:

no-one really cared about what Satan has to say... maybe he's not all bad, who knows..

Yes, well they were not all 100% wicked.
Some of them seemed outright nice, but they were very depressed. Yes, very depressed indeed, probably because they screwed up in their choice and are now headed for hell for it.

Others were partially evil and some others were 100% pure evil. Those are the ones that I remember most! UGGH!

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 05:24

@Ran_Man : I am curious but How do you know that God is a spirit being ?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 05:45

Quote:

You seem to be respectful even when you do not agree, a good heart from first glance, strong minded.. even when a bit off. lol He deals with us all and we all have a calling, some more than others. I would have to say that you remind me of Paul.

Thank you. Yeah, my respect is in fact for real, not just because I'm curious. I admit it's sometimes very tempting to stop being respectful. Often Christian people in my vicinity suddenly stop talking the moment I say I don't believe in God, nor Christ nor the Bible, but am interested in it anyways hehehe. They don't understand it's simply part of my 'knowledge hungriness'.

Quote:

It has no heart, lungs or brain, yet only has a consciousness.

Only a consciousness? Theoretically that's impossible, even if he was in the supernatural 'realm' and infinite. There are an infinite amount of thoughts, experiences and what more that God "should know" and not only that, storing thoughts can't be done in just thin air, it needs a physical storage place. Supernatural or not doesn't really matter, since even if God would be only a consciousness he has no means of communicating, nor doing things. We humans only understand events, sounds and perhaps telephatic messages. But even if God could do the latter, we can't tell if it's just our own thoughts or if it's God himself. So, basically my point is similar to that of Zazang, how do you know God is a spirit?

Cheers
Posted By: William

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 11:29

About demons: While I never experienced any of this, when you look at some of the crazy people in the world who do very crazy acts, you have to wonder if their possessed. I mean, the mothers drowning their kids in bathtubs, serial killers, ect. The thing about these cases is their usually normal people at the start, and physiologists don't have any idea what's wrong with them after/before the crime, so their put into mental institutes. Or maybe there child predators, with multiple repeat offenses. Somethings screwed up mentally, and they sure weren't born this way, yet they can't get rid of their very serious mental state. Some say that the ultimate cure for all these unexplained mental illnesses is Jesus.

In real life experience, I have met a few people who said they have had encounters with demons/ghosts. The majority of the time it's people who are doing lots of drugs, very depressed, and have a pretty tough go at life(family problems, don't believe in anything, ect.). The minority were Christians, almost always born again in their late 20's or so, and they said it was during their worst time in life, usually not explaining the rest of their stories or what they did to deserve this. The thing about these people is once born again Christians, there usually the most jumpy in Churches, always preaching at the top of their lungs and the such even before taking the time to think what their saying over.

I believe in good and evil, and I'm sure everyone has seen everything on either side or in-between. I believe there is indeed demons, and people can become possessed. I also believe most people will never see a demon or angel physically in their life, but cannot deny someone the right to say they have. Can I give you facts to back these beliefs? Of course not, it's just my interpretation of the bible and life; and it will probably change as I become older and hopefully wiser.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 11:34

God is something that we couldnt possibly understand. Spriti or not.. He goes beyond that. Our wisdom.. even our wisest men are simply foolish to God. He is now and has always been. If I explained to you how long eternity is, could you grasp it? You cannot grasp the fullness of God and who He is just like you cannot grasp that there was no beginning of time. Try to imagine it.. do the math in your head. Now that we are talking about it.. I dont think that it is fair to say God is a Spirit. He created spirits.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 14:04

Quote:

While I never experienced any of this, when you look at some of the crazy people in the world who do very crazy acts, you have to wonder if their possessed.

Insane people are simply insane, not possessed. Not every insane person actually becomes a serial-killer, some simply are crazy, their brains just 'don't tick right'. There's no reason to assume they are possessed, some even are good Christians too despite their craziness, so that would rule it out actually. I even know someone who apparently has the entire Bible content in his head and speaks out Biblical verses almost 24/7. Definitely crazy, but kinda strange if he would be possessed.

Quote:

The majority of the time it's people who are doing lots of drugs, very depressed, and have a pretty tough go at life

Lol, don't underestimate the effects of drugs, especially certain harddrugs, but even cannabis.

If you're very depressed that means your mental health is in a horrible condition. When people search for a reason why they are depressed, they'll often think it's not their own fault and eventhough their situation usually caused it, they often draw strange conclusions. Some find themselves in a equilibrium they think they can't break out of, I don't think Jesus is the cure, I think changing their situation is. If believing in Jesus changes their situation, all the better really, but it's definitely not the 'cure' per say for depressed people. I have to add one thing, religion tends to give hope to people, that's part of what depressed people really need, but they also need their situations to change (usually drastically).

Quote:

Or maybe there child predators, with multiple repeat offenses. Somethings screwed up mentally, and they sure weren't born this way, yet they can't get rid of their very serious mental state.

They are (at least partly) born like this actually. It's a bit like homosexuality, you don't become one because of your environment, nor does a pedophile become one because of his environment. You often hear pedophiles have had a terrible youth, but what about the billions of other people with terrible youths? Right, they don't all become pedophiles.

Quote:

The minority were Christians, almost always born again in their late 20's or so, and they said it was during their worst time in life, usually not explaining the rest of their stories or what they did to deserve this. The thing about these people is once born again Christians, there usually the most jumpy in Churches, always preaching at the top of their lungs and the such even before taking the time to think what their saying over.

Everybody deserves a second chance no question, but I don't believe in most of these 'born again' stories.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 14:38

God is Spirit, because if He was not a Spirit, then we could see him, but also the bible says He is below:
Quote:

John 4:24
God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." 25

Quote:

Lol, don't underestimate the effects of drugs, especially certain harddrugs, but even cannabis.

Hmmnn, yes LSD and drugs in the "Hallucunogenic" category, can only open up your spirit to the spirit beings all around you now.

Unfortunately, this is a BAD experience for lots of people, because demons are also here and they ain't typically nice folks.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 14:41

Quote:

God is something that we couldnt possibly understand. Spriti or not.. He goes beyond that. Our wisdom.. even our wisest men are simply foolish to God. He is now and has always been. If I explained to you how long eternity is, could you grasp it? You cannot grasp the fullness of God and who He is just like you cannot grasp that there was no beginning of time. Try to imagine it.. do the math in your head. Now that we are talking about it.. I dont think that it is fair to say God is a Spirit. He created spirits.

I agree that there are things that we can never grasp with our logical brain
but why do you need the concept of God to explain all this ?..why dont u assume
that it was created without any creator ? and if you say that you need something to create others then who created God ?..back to square one

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 15:18

Quote:

Hmmnn, yes LSD and drugs in the "Hallucunogenic" category, can only open up your spirit to the spirit beings all around you now.

Unfortunately, this is a BAD experience for lots of people, because demons are also here and they ain't typically nice folks.

Well, I never saw any spirits, just a lot of colors and a overly bright world around me spinning in a strange slow motion fashion eventhough I stood still. (I don't use drugs on a regular basis, but I did some of them once)

By the way, you are aware that the hallucinogenic world is far from reality and we simply poison our brains which causes this distorted and weird experience. It's not a gate to another dimension or something.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/18/07 21:51

Quote:

I agree that there are things that we can never grasp with our logical brain
but why do you need the concept of God to explain all this ?..

The universe is like a finly tuned machine. Each aspect works in perfect harmony. Life on earth, the human body.. you think this happened by chance? It is easier to believe tat we have a creator then it is to believe otherwise.

Quote:

and if you say that you need something to create others then who created God ?..back to square one

Exactly my point. You cannot comprehend that time has no limits. Your brain doesnt work that way. We can say "infinate" yet we cannot imagine it. We cannot see how God has always been because we cannot get past the time part of it. To us there must be a beginning and end of everything because thats all we know.

Ok, I'll stop rambling. ;-) You cannot figure out God. None of us can but I do know He exists.

Another way I look at it is like so: If you are right then me and you both have nothing to lose. Life ends and we poof and simply do not exist anymore. But what if I am right? I will hopefully move on to a better place while you as a non believer may be in a bit of trouble. :-) I choose to believe, with all my heart.

Off topic a little but here is the closest I have come to seeing a mental picture of eternity:

If a man chooses to not believe and lives a life full of sin, he is damned to hell. So this day the man starts to burn because of the hatred and many bad things in his life. Now imagine a solid steel ball. A very large one.. about the size of our planet. Shiny, perfectly round. One man sits on the very top of this ball. In his hand he has a feather. He is very slowly brushing the feather on the steel ball. So heres my thought.. the ball is the same size as the earth and the feather is slowly rubbed against one small spot beside the man. By the time it takes that man to brush a hole completely through the steel "planet" to the other side.. even then eternity would just be getting "started" for that man in hell.

Turn your stove on and let the burner get so hot that it turns a glowing red. Now place your finger tip to it and hold it there for 60 seconds. The pain would be unbelieveable. Imagine your whole body consumed in flames with no way to escape for all eternity.

I choose to believe. I serve God because I want to. The Bible is the greatest book ever written. Jesus Christ died for us. The commandments of God can only make your life better. If all of that is not a good enough reason to change your ways then the thought of hell should surly wake you up.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 00:23

Quote:

Exactly my point. You cannot comprehend that time has no limits. Your brain doesnt work that way. We can say "infinate" yet we cannot imagine it.

It's possible to comprehend, it's just that something without start or end seems unnatural to us since we are used to this dimension of time and off course wé ourselves are limited in time and space. Compared to infinity our lives are nothing, the time-span is ultra-mega-super-extremely (etc. etc.) close to completely non-existent actually, relative to infinity itself. To say it thus has little meaning to us or that we can't comprehend is a bit shortsighted. It's the difference between saying 'infinity is time/space or whatever is infinite that goes on forever' and saying 'infinity is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 etc.'. It's like the difference between "pi" and '3.14159265...'. We often try to measure something relative in absolutes, that's clearly ineffective when trying to comprehend infinity. "pi" is not 3.14159265, instead it's infinite thus the only correct way to indicate it is with the "pi" symbol. (disclaimer: as far as we know it's a infinite number, but for obvious practical reasons it wouldn't be clever to write it all down every time you use it in a calculation or whatever..)

Quote:

We cannot see how God has always been because we cannot get past the time part of it. To us there must be a beginning and end of everything because thats all we know.

Ok, I'll stop rambling. ;-) You cannot figure out God. None of us can but I do know He exists.

True, but as long as nothing indicates he exists and as long as there's no communication or whatever other form of interaction it's simply impossible to even start figuring out anything. You've got to understand that 'we' deal with this "idea of God" and don't share your faith in him or think to know he exists. Without any evidence it's simply impossible to say anything.

Quote:

Another way I look at it is like so: If you are right then me and you both have nothing to lose. Life ends and we poof and simply do not exist anymore.

This sounds horribly opportunistic to me, I really can't believe in something "just in case it turns out to be true". That simply doesn't feel right, nor does it make sense actually. If God really knows all, he'd send you to hell perhap just for that. Even if we assume he exists, we still know nothing about what will actually happen when the 'lights go out'. Nobody ever survived dying, you see?

Quote:

If a man chooses to not believe and lives a life full of sin, he is damned to hell. So this day the man starts to burn because of the hatred and many bad things in his life. Now imagine a solid steel ball. A very large one.. about the size of our planet. Shiny, perfectly round. One man sits on the very top of this ball. In his hand he has a feather. He is very slowly brushing the feather on the steel ball. So heres my thought.. the ball is the same size as the earth and the feather is slowly rubbed against one small spot beside the man. By the time it takes that man to brush a hole completely through the steel "planet" to the other side.. even then eternity would just be getting "started" for that man in hell.

Turn your stove on and let the burner get so hot that it turns a glowing red. Now place your finger tip to it and hold it there for 60 seconds. The pain would be unbelieveable. Imagine your whole body consumed in flames with no way to escape for all eternity.

I choose to believe. I serve God because I want to. The Bible is the greatest book ever written. Jesus Christ died for us. The commandments of God can only make your life better. If all of that is not a good enough reason to change your ways then the thought of hell should surly wake you up.

It's striking that you say the latter after explaining that you fear hell so much you'd believe in anything to not end up there. That's so opportunistic, you seem(! ) to not really believe, you just don't want to go to hell, those are two very different things. You don't believe because you think it's true, you simply fear being wrong so you'll believe "just in case".

That's about the biggest problem I have with religions, especially the ones that tell you you're going to pay for 'not believing'. It's the oldest trick in the psychological book to maintain control over groups of people. Make them afraid and make them an offer they can't refuse. Sounds very devilish to me actually,

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 01:13

Quote:

It's possible to comprehend, it's just that something without start or end seems unnatural to us since we are used to this dimension of time and off course wé ourselves are limited in time and space. Compared to infinity our lives are nothing, the time-span is ultra-mega-super-extremely (etc. etc.) close to completely non-existent actually, relative to infinity itself. To say it thus has little meaning to us or that we can't comprehend is a bit shortsighted. It's the difference between saying 'infinity is time/space or whatever is infinite that goes on forever' and saying 'infinity is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 etc.'. It's like the difference between "pi" and '3.14159265...'. We often try to measure something relative in absolutes, that's clearly ineffective when trying to comprehend infinity. "pi" is not 3.14159265, instead it's infinite thus the only correct way to indicate it is with the "pi" symbol. (disclaimer: as far as we know it's a infinite number, but for obvious practical reasons it wouldn't be clever to write it all down every time you use it in a calculation or whatever..)

I see you talking about it yet you misunderstand me. I mean to "see" it in your mind.. to understand eternity in a way that you can grasp how long it will last. Time never started and never ends.

Quote:

Without any evidence it's simply impossible to say anything.

Jesus Christ is latter proof. I dont want to debate here because you know my stand on Jesus. There is evidense and facts. ;-) In the OT they had their proof. Now we have ours.

Quote:

This sounds horribly opportunistic to me, I really can't believe in something "just in case it turns out to be true". That simply doesn't feel right, nor does it make sense actually. If God really knows all, he'd send you to hell perhap just for that. Even if we assume he exists, we still know nothing about what will actually happen when the 'lights go out'. Nobody ever survived dying, you see?

I told you to look at the facts. That takes away the opportunist part. If you base your faith on the facts then you have a foundation. Not that I expect you to understand. Your mind is not open to both sides. "just in case it turns out to be true" You didnt get my meaning at all. The facts that God exist are greater than that He doesnt. If fear drives you to find that out then it is good.

For the record. Fear of God will not get you to heaven. You must believe in Jesus Christ. Just so I am not misunderstood.

Quote:

That's so opportunistic, you seem(! ) to not really believe, you just don't want to go to hell, those are two very different things

Maybe I should have explained better? The story of hell or anyones story of hell would push someone to figure out if God exist. So in short, your belief isnt based on fear. You simply fear hell so you look deeper for answers.. even if that means that you stay atheist because you kind find enough facts.

Quote:

That's about the biggest problem I have with religions, especially the ones that tell you you're going to pay for 'not believing'. It's the oldest trick in the psychological book to maintain control over groups of people. Make them afraid and make them an offer they can't refuse. Sounds very devilish to me actually,

I agree with you and disagree at the same time. Impressed with my multitasking? lol Some churches use the scare tactic. And some churches tell you of hell because they are concerned for your soul. Are you able to judge them?

You have dubbed my comments as those of a opportunist. I dub yours as those of a closed minded person who is not capable of seeing the truth if Jesus Christ was to come down and shake your hand in the flesh. I like to chat about Christianity along with the rest of you obviously. A Christian based topic so quickly tries to turn debate. lol I will tell you this.. from me to any unbeliever. Judgement day will happen. God is real. Ignorance is not an excuse because we all know about God. (even though some choose not to believe, they still know about Him)

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 02:02

Quote:

Imagine your whole body consumed in flames with no way to escape for all eternity.

The bible says that we leave our earthly bodies behind and only our soul travels beyond. The only pain your sould can feel is the mental pain we feel daily. The worst feeling in the world. Cast aside form love, hated, alone, to be nothing. That is the hell I know...

BTW: I went to "youth group" at a church tonight. It was a lil akward, because I kept thinking of this thread, lol...

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 03:00

My friend, God is real and you know it. ;-)Dont include the youth group. God has eyes on you. He deals with each of us at one time or another. Dont take no ones advice, just read the Bible ad look at the facts. Sual killed Christians and you havent done anything even close to that. To this day we know him as Paul and he has wrote most of the NT. So what is your purpose? You never know.

I wont get into my story of mental pain but I can tell you that there is a release. Trust in HIM and forget all else. There is a peace that comes then and only then.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 03:13

I never said he wasn't.

I go to youth group all the time. 'Tis on wednsday nights...

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 07:02

..but am sure you wouldnt believe in Bible and Jesus if you were born in the middle east

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 10:56

12-15 million Christians live in the middle east. I like to think that I would be one of them.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 11:15

I meant born as a muslim in middle east and not a christian in middle east

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 21:09

Quote:

..but am sure you wouldnt believe in Bible and Jesus if you were born in the middle east

Quote:

I meant born as a muslim..

Not only do they believe in Him but the Muslims believe Jesus Christ was sent from God. The koran teaches many good things about Jesus. If I was a Muslim then I would at least have a open mind and read the teachings of Jesus since they think so highly of Him. Likewise if Mohammod was old enough to have any history at all prior to the NT and my Bible said he was a good man then I would of course look further into his teachings.

I guess this topic is not a debate over Christianity vs Muslims so I'll try to stay on subject. :-)

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/19/07 23:44

Quote:

Trust in HIM and forget all else. There is a peace that comes then and only then.

My grandmother always said; Don't make promises you can't keep. This sounds very much like one of those "promises you can't keep", because it's not you who gives the 'peace'.

I'm just thinking out loud now, but why do people always use these kind of words, phrases and very strategic ideas to convince people? Islam, Christianity and even Buddhism are full of it. If you don't do this, then [....] . If you do this, then [...]. And so on...

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 00:00

Quote:

My grandmother always said; Don't make promises you can't keep. This sounds very much like one of those "promises you can't keep", because it's not you who gives the 'peace'.

Read the Word. I didnt make any promise. He did. ;-) You are so against the Bible yet you have no clue at all what it says. Agree? I say don't complain about a Biblical related comment until you have read the Bible.

Quote:

I'm just thinking out loud now, but why do people always use these kind of words, phrases and very strategic ideas to convince people? Islam, Christianity and even Buddhism are full of it. If you don't do this, then [....] . If you do this, then [...]. And so on...

I dont have a clue about any other religion, but in Christianity you are just getting a fair warning. Your excuse to God will never be "I didnt know."

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 00:44

and that explains the bloody crusades..anyway I remain an atheist and
you remain a believer..peace :-)

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 00:45

Quote:

Read the Word. I didnt make any promise. He did. ;-) You are so against the Bible yet you have no clue at all what it says. Agree? I say don't complain about a Biblical related comment until you have read the Bible.

You don't know much about me, but I've went to a Christian high school, 7 years in total (from 11 till 18 years old), so don't come with 'don't comment because you don't know or have read the Bible' statements. I'm well aware what's in there, I'm probably better informed than most atheists are.

Quote:

Read the Word. I didnt make any promise. He did.

No, God didn't came down to earth and made us a promise in person, so sorry try again. The author of the Bible is not God, according to you God is not physical, but spiritual, right? Well, spirits can't write, I think we can both agree on that. You are making that promise while pointing to the Bible as in "look there you see I can make this promise", whilst in reality you could have also said "I can give you peace, just believe in me".

Quote:

I dont have a clue about any other religion, but in Christianity you are just getting a fair warning.

Right ... still, doesn't the Bible also say non-believers are going to burn in hell? Sounds more like a threat than a fair warning to me.

Quote:

Your excuse to God will never be "I didnt know."

Again there's the threat I was talking about earlier. From where we both stand now there's really no way we could possibly say 'okey, that's the truth right there', so no a "I didn't know" excuse is still just as valid as before.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 01:11

Quote:

You don't know much about me, but I've went to a Christian high school, 7 years in total (from 11 till 18 years old), so don't come with 'don't comment because you don't know or have read the Bible' statements. I'm well aware what's in there, I'm probably better informed than most atheists are.

Your right, I dont know you. I do know that most Christians have no clue as to what the Bible says. I cannot judge you but I can see you for who you have shown yourself to be. A example is the argument you showed for e-sword. Totally wrong yet you would not at least check yourself. I was trying to explain other writings of about Jesus and yet you firmly went against me saying that your word was fact. Was it? I say that you open your mind. Look at the facts and get beyond your ego.

Quote:

No, God didn't came down to earth and made us a promise in person, so sorry try again.

You try again on a topic that your obviously not well aware of. ;-)

I thought you read it? lol Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, the Word of God, the image of a invisible God. He made the promise thus God did come down. Your not showing me that you read it. ;-) This is getting funny.

Quote:

Sounds more like a threat than a fair warning to me.

To you and other atheist I am sure it does. Just like homosexuals think that the Bible is off for going against them. If you are guilty and do not have the desire to make your life right, then of course you will be offended.

You must be seriously bored to invite yourself into a Christian to Christian topic. But then again this is a open forum. ;-) Cheers

@zazang

Quote:

and that explains the bloody crusades..

Not everyone that claims to be a Christian actually is one. "Christian".. to follow Christ, to live by His example.. to try our best to live as He requested. Did war, killing, lying or anything that is bad come from His mouth in the form of a commandment? I like a decent conversation but you are simply not providing one. If you knew about Jesus Christ you would understand that your last "argument" makes no sense. Read His teachings and then come back with a valid argument. ;-)

I am only saying what is obvious, you have little knowledge of Christianity from what you have shown... far less knowledge of Islam. If you are atheist it is best you look up these subjects so that you are well informed before you choose to "not believe" and begin your slander. If you are a man of morals then I do applaude you.. we dont see many of those kind these days even in Christianity. Or so called Christianity. If you have morals and you are a good man of sound judgement then I challenge you to search every fact you can find about our world.. about other religions.. about Jesus. What makes sense and what does not?

I do have a question for you. Atheist and Muslim alike. Is this conversation needed? You have surly come in on a conversation that had nothing to do with you. (Christian Cafe is the topic) I'll give you my word on one thing. If you claim that nothing I said has at the very least made you think twice then I will leave this alone and let God deal with you.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 02:22

Thank you..I am good n fair to people..thats sufficient ;-)
Ofcourse..sorry for interrupting a christian cafe..am out !

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 05:13

Quote:

Trust in HIM and forget all else. There is a peace that comes then and only then.

Thats got to be the dumbest thing I've seen today. Of course if you forget everything you will have peace ...

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 10:46

I'll reword it for you then. Place God before your friends, family, school.. try to honor Him in your conversations, be willing to give up any material thing in life for His sake if needed. That is a short example so you know exactly what I meant by "forget".

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 12:44

Quote:

A example is the argument you showed for e-sword. Totally wrong yet you would not at least check yourself.

Actually, I was right, e-sword is full of errors. It's a source similar to the dozens of answeringgenesis.org clones ...

Quote:

Look at the facts and get beyond your ego.

I'd recommend you to look at the real facts, you didn't even took the time to look-up the errors in e-sword. There are even some biblical passages that are simply quoted wrong. It's all out there and it has nothing to do with me ego. Like I said in that topic, you should look for it yourself, especially because you believe in it so blindly. Lol, talking about ego ...

Quote:

You try again on a topic that your obviously not well aware of. ;-)

I thought you read it? lol Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, the Word of God, the image of a invisible God. He made the promise thus God did come down. Your not showing me that you read it. ;-) This is getting funny.

Did you live back then? No. Did you know that Jesus was VOTED to be the son of God? Apparently you ignore all that. Fine, but don't claim things you can't claim.

I've read it, yes, but there's no reason to believe it.

Quote:

To you and other atheist I am sure it does. Just like homosexuals think that the Bible is off for going against them. If you are guilty and do not have the desire to make your life right, then of course you will be offended.

Wow, you've completely managed to miss my point. I am not guilty at all, it's just a simple matter of psychology ... Christianity threatens everyone actually, not just the real guilty.

Quote:

You must be seriously bored to invite yourself into a Christian to Christian topic. But then again this is a open forum.

Hey, I'm not the one who made it personal pal , you started saying I never read the bible and things like that. I'm by far not offended though, that takes a lot more, I'm just in this topic because it interests me. And yeah, in my curiosity I do wonder how you people defend certain ideas. I'm glad this is an open forum and I thought we were having a relatively peaceful discussion?

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/20/07 15:04

Conversation is always good yet I tried to keep this one between Christians. Debate is good when the topic is open to it. :-) As for getting personal.. I am just replying to comments just like you.

Quote:

Actually, I was right, e-sword is full of errors.

Thats not what I am talking about. You said the writings of Flavius Josephus could not be studied in e-sword. (even after me and NITRO both disputed you several times) Just so you know, I dont rely solely on that tool.. it is just the quickest and best imo.

Quote:

Did you live back then? No. Did you know that Jesus was VOTED to be the son of God? Apparently you ignore all that. Fine, but don't claim things you can't claim.

Someone may have voted. It doesnt matter the outcome of that vote. He cannot be changed . He is who he claimed to be and thats not based on a vote. I would have to ask you.. did you live back then? You can show me facts to sway my faith? If so please do.

Quote:

Christianity threatens everyone actually, not just the real guilty.

In your opinion of course.. but its not a threat. Warning is given so that you are not standing in ignorance on judgment day.

Quote:

Hey, I'm not the one who made it personal pal , you started saying I never read the bible and things like that.

Its not personal. You just do not show any knowledge of the Bible. Your answers and replies are based on opinion obviously.

Quote:

And yeah, in my curiosity I do wonder how you people defend certain ideas. I'm glad this is an open forum and I thought we were having a relatively peaceful discussion?

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history. I respect any information you provide that comes from a good source unless otherwise noted by "imo". :-)
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/21/07 06:50

Quote:

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history.

So, why do you like the bible so much, then? Why not study the modern history of the Japanese economy or the history or the period of the three kingdoms in China. More fact, less superstition. Not only that, doesn't Middle Eastern religious law and ancient history, especially as presented in the bible, get boring after a while?

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/21/07 13:09

Quote:

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history.

Writings are not facts, nor proven history and I haven't come across any real 'facts' just yet when it comes to the talk about religion from the Christian side, so what exactly are you aiming at here and what do you expect?

Quote:

I respect any information you provide that comes from a good source unless otherwise noted by "imo". :-)

My original point back when I brought up the problems with e-sword was the fact that you people put way to much faith in websites like answeringgenesis.org and programs like e-sword. Contrary to what you believe you can't "study" with that program at all, you can only base conclusions on what that program provides you with. If there are multiple errors in it, in fact some very similar errors like you can read on some pro-Christian sites, the integrity is gone. Everyone here will agree that most of the 'answeringgenesis.org' clones are rather crappy as source and if that's your idea of a 'good source' then I can and will stop talking right now. We've refuted all arguments that ever came from such sites, there's really a lot of nonsense on these sites. I know plenty of Christians who never ever would even bring up such sites in a serious discussion, yet creationists tend to use those sites over and over for some reason..

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/22/07 23:46

Quote:

based on fact OR writings

Read slowly for a better unstanding.

Quote:

Contrary to what you believe you can't "study" with that program at all, you can only base conclusions on what that program provides you with.

Sure you can as long as its not your only source. Unlike the most of you I do actually have a Bible to cross-reference. lol

As for the Japanese econony.. :-) I shouldnt study it at all. What I should be doing is writing in a japanese forum telling them about God. Some things are more important than others.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/23/07 01:59

Quote:

Thats not what I am talking about. You said the writings of Flavius Josephus could not be studied in e-sword. (even after me and NITRO both disputed you several times) Just so you know, I dont rely solely on that tool.. it is just the quickest and best imo.

E-sword doesnt have errors, its just software to compile many different books, it also cross-references many books. E-sword in itself is just an objective reader.

Its pretty easy to sum up the Japanese economy: "pretty darn good"

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/23/07 02:29

Ill try to get back to a Christian conversation. ;-)

I was driving Friday evening, going to visit family 3 hours away from my home. I noticed two churches side by side. One street, two churches within 200 ft of each other. One salvation, one God, one truth... would Jesus approve of the two churches side by side or are we blind to what is really happening? Which one is right because clearly they are different.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/23/07 02:43

Quote:

would Jesus approve of the two churches side by side or are we blind to what is really happening? Which one is right because clearly they are different.

It may sound simplistic but I think there are just things we cannot explain. Basically I think that the kind of unity you seek within Christendom is impossible yet I think God is still advancing Christianity at an astounding rate. Christianity has been and always will be "on the move". Nothing has ever halted its progress and of course there is no reason to believe anything ever will. Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/23/07 23:47

Quote:

E-sword doesnt have errors, its just software to compile many different books, it also cross-references many books. E-sword in itself is just an objective reader.

It does contain errors, just go to a big library and check it out for yourself. Perhaps I will find time to post my findings sometime, unfortunately I have to do all this at the library and since we are not allowed to take certain books to our homes, it takes quite a bit of time.

Anyways, my point wasn't that you can't use it to look through those books, you 'can', however my point was the fact that you can't rely on e-sword for any real studies.

Quote:

Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Self-proclaimed as Christian, right? Well, if you only knew the character of some of the Christian Sects over here (think Ku Klux Klan kind of Sects, but minus the racism) ... (just to clarify, I'm not being totally serious here )

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/24/07 00:35

Quote:

It does contain errors, just go to a big library and check it out for yourself. Perhaps I will find time to post my findings sometime, unfortunately I have to do all this at the library and since we are not allowed to take certain books to our homes, it takes quite a bit of time.

What was the purpose for you spending time checking for errors in e-sword? Just curious. Can you remember any error or specific area the error was in. You have me thinking.. instead of knocking e-sword I can help make it a lil better by reporting the error and thus the programmer can fix the text that is being read. ;-) Of course I havent come across any yet but anythings possible.

I'll try to say whats on my mind so that it cannot be misinterpreted in any way. You can use e-sword and rely on it for many Christian related studies. I agree that you cannot put your life or soul on the balances by swearing that every word of it is 100 % accurate. If it is something that great that you are studying then you should of course try to find on non-digital source. :-) So we agree a little and disagree a little. lol

Quote:

Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Thats a comment I am afraid of. You know I respect your thoughts and opinions but I have been very involved in a study conocerning the devil appearing to be a "angel of light". We have different denominations because each teaches the Bible according to his own interpretation, some teach using a limited amount of scriptures and some even twist the scripture to mean something it does not.

The problem is that some of the teachings are very misleading and even against the Word. If you live your life according to any other teaching than that of truth then you may be in trouble.

Quote:

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is so many warnings we overlook. If you study each denomination then you will find that it is based on a certain set of beliefs. I dont want to step on toes so I choose to not list any unless asked. Is the preachers and church leaders who push false doctrine accursed? If so then what about the people of those churches? They failed to take the warnings in the Bible serious thus they seal their fate and are led into believing that the life they lead is for God.. yet the angel of light is the one they are focused on. How can a man know he is decieved if he is actually decieved? lol

Quote:

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Most people have no form of Godliness at all. The majority believe that habitual sin is covered and that they are fine. Look around you in daily life, at work.. ask people do they claim to be a Christian and watch as most of them say yes and live as a common sinner. Look to your faith, your works.. whatever you may be and do you must ask yourself: Are you a righteous man? If no then your in trouble. If yes then you must ask yourself "What more can I do to?"

Quote:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Read it once and then again and again. Few find it. I am searching because I want to find it and I trully believe most of the Christians I know have settled, fallen in a groove, point blank: They are blind because they choose to be.

Quote:

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I was raised apostolic and held true to the beliefs until this scripture set in.
Tongues being my greatest issue right now. I have went from greek to english and studied Pauls writings. Even if it was a true gift then it is being misused. I am "trying the spirit" and I have found that what I have seen and been taught all of my life does not hold up to the Word of God. Its a bit shocking actually.

Anyway, always good to be in a decent conversation. :-) Cheers <<-- I am learning PHeMoX.

After thought.

I have discussed this with a few friends of different denominations. Each thinks he is saved yet each live under a teaching that is the Word in a twisted manner. Christian or fake Christian, everyone claims truth yet I find that not many people admit that we know nothing. To strive for truth and not assume that what you have IS truth is the answer.

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/24/07 02:11

Quote:

What was the purpose for you spending time checking for errors in e-sword? Just curious. Can you remember any error or specific area the error was in. You have me thinking.. instead of knocking e-sword I can help make it a lil better by reporting the error and thus the programmer can fix the text that is being read.

If time allows me to do so, I will definitely come back at this. My motive? Well, I wasn't actually actively searching for errors actually, just certain information which I hoped to find in certain referenced books. Some sources it refers to do not include certain texts that do show up in e-sword. Sometimes translations are used that never were translated like they are in e-sword, there are quite a few of those errors, so far I've found like 12 of them. These are not typos or bugs though. I don't quite remember which literature I was reading, what I've mentioned before was all I remember, next time I will take notes, but since I wasn't that interested in the errors themself so I didn't make any notes. I was quite surprised to find errors since it was more or less just a quick glance (easy way to find books on certain topics actually), that's why my opinion about e-sword is rather negative.
Anyways, I can't do anything but leave it be for the time being, I will get back on this though and you are right, if the developer treasures an accurate application these things should be passed on to them,

Quote:

I have discussed this with a few friends of different denominations. Each thinks he is saved yet each live under a teaching that is the Word in a twisted manner. Christian or fake Christian, everyone claims truth yet I find that not many people admit that we know nothing. To strive for truth and not assume that what you have IS truth is the answer.

Well, one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Quote:

Anyway, always good to be in a decent conversation. :-) Cheers <<-- I am learning PHeMoX.

Hehehehe, nice

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' - 04/24/07 02:28

Quote:

Well, one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Atheist and Christian agree. Amazing. There is one truth. What is it? No wonder the world looks at Christianity like a fraud.. even we cannot agree upon the simple things just as it is written.

Quote:

one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Christian or not.. I am trying to see good in all people. This is hard at times but I am trying. I do in fact think that there is one universal law that is beyond those dubbed "Christian". I think it is one that we can all admit is good. Forget churches, denominations, forget the news. I respect Paul and the Bible as a whole but if need be, forget all and follow what Jesus taught. Violence must be avoided, love God, love those in need by helping, honor your wife.. your mother and father, help the poor above the desire for a new car. A short list in plain english. The world could actually be a bett6er place if some simple things could be accomplished. Morals, virtue, honor, TRUTH.
© 2024 lite-C Forums