Gone for a while...

Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 03:52

Just thought I'd let you all know that I might not be back for a while. My hard drive crashed and I've lost all my work (over $500 and countless hours). Hopefully I'll be back soon. For those of you that I've been doing projects for, I hope to start them again when I get back...

Later bro's...
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 06:05

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Come back soon please.
Posted By: ello

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 10:21

hey, guitar, is this more a question of immortallity/rebirth (i'll be gone for a while, visiting the creator)

or are you just trying to beat the highest prime number?

btw, seriously, sorry to hear that. i had this in the past too, i lost around 30GB of all aspects i did. now i am using an external harddrive to make a backup:)
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 10:38

man that sounds awful i know i'll be missing you -- nothing homo but ur a skilled fella

cya soon mate

julz
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 11:39

*starts making backups*

Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 11:42

*buying a second hdd for backups*
Posted By: William

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 12:14

Ouch, sorry to hear this. Hopefully things can be repaired soon enough.

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 13:44

Since his forum name was GOD for awhile, then I only have one question to ask.

How could GODS hard drive break???

And if GODS hard drive ever did break, then what would happen to all of us down here??? Huh?
Posted By: ello

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 14:08

which brings up the idea it was revenge for using god's name:) "yo, dont mess with me..."
Posted By: D3D

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 19:10

That sucks when the drive crashes. The first time it happend to me, my computer made a noise like an airplane was about to take off. So I knew it was time for replacement. And the other time, well like most game developers it was kind of late when working. Then after I got my fresh cup of coffee and doing some typing, finally I made the code work and wanted to say YAY or something, then trew the whole cup of coffee over the laptop. Everything lost, almost
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/21/07 21:00

Quote:

which brings up the idea it was revenge for using god's name:) "yo, dont mess with me..."

Or perhaps it was the devil, trying to make God look bad.

Guitar-God-dude hope to see you back soon,

(btw. interesting that you've posted this in Hilbert's hotel hehehe)

Cheers
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/23/07 17:58

Quote:

interesting that you've posted this in Hilbert's hotel hehehe

I dont think he can be bothered with such trivial details such as that, all true genius has some absent-mindedness.

Or maybe Phemox is suggesting a Freudian slip? who knows.

Anyway. XGuitar, you are a very smart guy, you also seem to have a good heart, but you shouldnt leave right now because I might need you to help me set up my normal map for an awesome character I am designing....

oh well I guess I'll figure it out.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 10:09

Srr to respons this late to your painful thread Guitar, didn't notice it...
Well I hope you're back soon, HHD crashes are indeed quite annoying but that's a rique that could happen to every technological object...
Hope to see you back soon because of the PM I've sended you

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 18:04

Quote:

No, not really, although .. sure it could have been a simple mistake indeed.

Cheers
Posted By: tompo

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 22:43

Sad news
Next time in the future remember to make images

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 23:19

Quote:

(btw. interesting that you've posted this in Hilbert's hotel hehehe)

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really, although .. sure it could have been a simple mistake indeed.

Well then...why did you say that it was interesting? Are you always interested when people make simple mistakes?

I noticed that he also posted a question about post counts in Hilbert's Hotel. I guess I will stick to my original notion of him being an absent-minded genius. That must be the reason.

Of course, like all absent-minded geniuses he did not back up his hard drive... (which I have done before-it is not fun)
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 23:24

Well it's sorta interesting, assuming the fact it wasn't a mistake
Maybe he never returns again! Then this place would make sense... D:

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/24/07 23:30

Quote:

Maybe he never returns again! Then this place would make sense... D:

very true.

Like if he DID return there would be some type of rip in the space-time continuum. Interesting theory! It took me a few minutes to realize all the theoretical math behind it. But now Ive got it.... ummm..I think.
Posted By: Aaron_H

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/25/07 00:25

That does indeed suck that your harddrive failed. (I'm HOPING you had backups. If not... well that's happened to a lot of us, and we've all started keeping backups after that happened.)

See ya soon anyways dude, come back soon!
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/25/07 01:39

Thanks guys. I'll be back on later tonight...

I really dont know the difference between Hilberts Hotel and (the other one), so whatever....

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/25/07 13:03

Quote:

Like if he DID return there would be some type of rip in the space-time continuum. Interesting theory!

I have rather strange ideas sometimes I guess ..

Anyways, I don't know why, perhaps it was the way he said it, but it seemed a bit like: "Yo guys, I'll be back later, got to jump in my time-machine and go back in to yesterday to save my data, make some serious back-ups and I'll be back later. HD got fried today..."

Off course, that was perhaps a nonsensical thought, but I also realized it's 'Hilbert's Hotel, so yeah staying here forever didn't make sense anyways , so instead of posting the time travel thought I simply said 'it's interesting that you've posted this in Hilbert's hotel' assuming he couldn't be bothered with this anyways,

Cheers

Re: Gone for a while... - 06/26/07 19:39

Quote:

Thanks guys. I'll be back on later tonight...

Great!

And please don't call yourself GOD anymore, or else your hard drive might crash again.

Remember, we forum guys need you around. lol
© 2024 lite-C Forums