This is scary

Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

This is scary - 09/18/07 10:26

Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 10:29

sounds like science fiction. really really interesting.

julz
Posted By: Arathas

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 10:34

Maybe they should send out the Marines right NOW. We all know: It's far too late when all villagers already became zombies and start hunting down other normal people. ;-)
Posted By: Inestical

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 10:44

thats cool.

Soon we have movies about it, Area 51 stuff.

Then areas (inside 2000km range) get the sickness and then the last survivor gets the cure and is hero.

Woot..

Honestly this IS scary, in a way.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 10:47

Actually it's indeed kinda scary knowing this could cause a potential mysterious illness
I really hope this is faith and not a faqt

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 10:47

make a game out of it

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 11:51

Quote:

make a game out of it

Resident Evil 5 :-)

Besides, there may have been a meteorite, but what's making those people ill must've not come from above. Maybe the meteorite just excavated something that was buried inside the earth: For millions of years it lay directly beneath our feet ... a dark, slumbering evil, never to be awakened. But now it's free, an ancient, horrible something beyond human understanding, spreading throughout the world within days, enslaving all people in it's way ...

Yep, seems likely. :-)
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 13:11

Maybe there was something toxic in the water boiling out of it that some villagers inhaled, like particles of rare elements like heavy or radioactive metals, or some kind of gasses

scary!
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 16:36

maybe they are all just scared and their psychotic minds made them sick..
the placebo effect.. beliving is the key...
Posted By: vartan_s

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 17:21

Placebo? Peruvian people are the last people I expect to read science fiction... theyre not gonna go 'oh look a meteorite crashed, I should be getting sick now'.

The truth? The invasion has begun... the aliens have decided to start the war...
Posted By: achaziel

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 17:30

booooooooriiiiiiing!
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 18:00

It's a plane! No, it's an Ufo! No, it's a uurr ow just a meteorite!

Oookey. I think it's not unlikely that those people actually did become ill because of the meteorite. I mean, why not? *sarcasm* All you need is some sort of extremely high temperature resistant bacteria or virus that hitchhiked to earth... *sigh*

(..or it was some sort of reaction on impact off course, "strange odors".)

Cheers

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 19:46

Quote:

Placebo? Peruvian people are the last people I expect to read science fiction... theyre not gonna go 'oh look a meteorite crashed, I should be getting sick now'.

The truth? The invasion has begun... the aliens have decided to start the war...

a few hudnret years ago people got sick when tehy saw a meteorite. why? because they belived it is a thread from their gods.

religion is way sicker than scifi...

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 19:53

If you smell a really horrible odor, you can instantly start vomiting ... but I wouldn't call that an illness, but just a simple reaction. Does anyone know what the exact symptoms were anyways?

Cheers

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 20:31

Symptom: Vomitting, fever
Cause: Odd odor submitted by meteorite fallen from teh sky.
Diagnosis:
a) Illness that spreads and kills all humanity
b) Odor's effect will degrade in time. No danger implified.

Re: This is scary - 09/18/07 22:16

Quote:

Though we all know that this is highly unlikely. Don't go around fooling the people with false hope. Jerk.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 01:05

...Glad as hell I don't live in Peru

It's the Plague! Buried a long time ago, by an unkown man, in the last place anyone would look for it
Posted By: Nems

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 03:06

Oh noooo...there hereeeee....
Posted By: testDummy

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 04:34

Quote:

Right, if it has an odor, I suppose it will probably disperse eventually.

I suspect that the odor might be a side effect of the villager's diet and their 'digestive processes'.

drink up, inhale

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 06:26

ever heard of the las plagas?
the los illuminados? no? well then...

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 07:13

I smell a Peruvian chupacabra-myth conspiracy here!

Lol, just wait till it reads "They came from outer space" in their periódicos.

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 14:01

Quote:

Quote:

Though we all know that this is highly unlikely. Don't go around fooling the people with false hope. Jerk.

Jerk? Sorry, byt I'm called Inestical ^^'

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 14:09

Uh, sorry. I'm an immigrant and thus illiterate. ;-)
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: This is scary - 09/19/07 22:51

Quote:

ever heard of the las plagas?
the los illuminados? no? well then...

The Illuminati want to rule the world, so they are just gonna kill everybody and thus they get leaders!
Posted By: Toast

Re: This is scary - 09/22/07 21:23

Recently there are reports from the Russian Intelligence which tell that it was not a meteor but an US-espionage-satellite which had an PU-238 energy source and thus all the illness stuff derives from the radiation...

I now only have a german report about it:
http://politblog.net/krieg-terrorismus/us-spionagesatellit-kh-13-in-peru-abgestuerzt.htm#more-1574

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: This is scary - 09/22/07 22:13

The symptoms of the "illness" such as slight nausea, breathing troubles, headaches,etc. don't match actute radiation sickness. Its more likely just because of vapors and foul odors.
Posted By: Toast

Re: This is scary - 09/22/07 22:31

Quote:

The symptoms of the "illness" such as slight nausea, breathing troubles, headaches,etc. don't match actute radiation sickness. Its more likely just because of vapors and foul odors.

I did a quick search and came up with that:
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/r/radiation_sickness/symptoms.htm
I think these are pretty much the same symptoms as reported.

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: zazang

Re: This is scary - 09/23/07 02:07

crap !

Re: This is scary - 09/25/07 00:04

Well I guess we should just wait for the Zombie reports to come flooding in then or stories about intelligent odour clouds terrorising the landscape even or may be, its a bunch of nanobots still growing in the people who breathed them in. yeah! Thats it!
Posted By: ventilator

Re: This is scary - 09/25/07 12:54

<edit> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/070921-meteor-peru.html </edit>

they found the reason in the meantime. the ground water was contaminated with arsenic and the meteorite set it free. the ill people were exposed to the arsenic fumes.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: This is scary - 09/25/07 14:01

Remains the question: How could the ground water get contaminated with arsene?

The extend of pollutions seem to be far beyond that what I can imagine!

Re: This is scary - 09/25/07 21:45

well arsenic is a naturally occuring element..arsine is a arsenic-hydrogen compound, and maybe its could have been formed naturally by the impact and extreme heat of the meteorite... i dont know..eitehr way, its seems its a good idea not to get too close to a meteor impact site too soon.
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: This is scary - 09/26/07 01:29

There is a theory and we think we know what happened.

Bush told the Martians to send that meteorite and arsonic down to the poor people in Peru.

Gosh that Bush guy. So actually, it's all his fault.

wait till the democrats here this! Man, I'm so mad now.

Re: This is scary - 09/26/07 06:05

Maybe this last post is a joke, but all your posts seem like the ramblings of a lunatic..

Re: This is scary - 09/26/07 06:51

Matt, Matt.. don't take things seriously.

The meteorite is just going to kill all humanity. Is there something to be afraid of?
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: This is scary - 09/26/07 19:45

Quote:

Is there something to be afraid of?

No, not at all.
Even the animals are dancing now.

Hey Blat, your horse is at it again!

Gosh, these horses are crazy man...

Re: This is scary - 09/26/07 19:48

Cyanide gases [*sighs)...well, maybe my nanobots will land next year then.
Posted By: ICEman

Re: This is scary - 09/30/07 18:11

Wellll I mean.. there's a number of things the meteor couldve been harboring and brought down on the Peruvians.. Radiation from deep space travelling.. foreign bacteria.. hell.. it could've put an ultrasoluble pathogen in the air on the way down. The rock's composition could've made a toxic reaction with the soil/groundwater on which it landed.

The pathological nature of this rock could be any number of things.
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: This is scary - 10/06/07 15:13

Quote:

Maybe this last post is a joke, but all your posts seem like the ramblings of a lunatic..

your brutal honesty is developing a sore in your mouth that the people in puru can smell. close your mouth, your giving them headaches and making them loose there lunch... or burritos. or what ever the hell they eat. LOL just kidding. no im not. matt, you must understand its much easier to blame a single person for a problem. Ya'll Americans know that. And NOW with no evidence, proof, or scientific anaylization... I blame you and sentence you to pay the death sentance 6 times. We'll have a difribulator on site to kill, revive, kill, revive, kill, revive, kill, revive, revive, kill, kill you. Does 3:05pm Monday work well for you?
© 2024 lite-C Forums