Where Are The GAMES?!

Posted By: darkinferno

Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 13:34

ok... now i've realized that i havent seen much GAME projects from users around here and am wondering why, so basically this is just a list to see activity because not everyones project is at the state that they want to show it...

so basically... if youre working on a project for freeware or commercial purposes, just post below, no details needed:

please dont post prjects youre doing for strictly learning purposes or projects that you havent reached anywhere with yet wink

EXAMPLE:

I and/or my team as been working on a shooter(w/e genre) for a certain amount of time and we plan to release it as freeware/commercial/w.e.

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 13:39

my post, i've been working on a shooter based project with solid gameplay elements for the past 2 years but planning of the product as been going on for over 7 years, i've studied games and what makes them fun and plan to make a successful commercial game one day...

my aim now is to optimize and focus on the key elements of the game and release a demo and continue to update these elements until i have something worth bragging about, which am not far from laugh

ok.. so this was alot of detail but you can make yours short
Posted By: Blink

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 13:52

i am working on a game project. the workflow is slow because i am a 1-man team, but i am at 60% completion.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 14:17

I'm working on a game project, too. The workflow is just like Blink's. So slow, because i'm a 1-man team, also grin.
And i'm about 10% completed.

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 14:28

cool guys .. what are the genres? nice to know what the majority is using the engine for

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 14:53

It's an adventure. Completing missions, finishing levels etc...
Posted By: MTD

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 17:35

Working on a game - "Cubme"
Almost done.
(85%)
Posted By: Superku

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 20:53

Working on an innovative side scroller/ jump'n'run!
Posted By: Claus_N

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/05/09 22:41

Working on a freeware RPG/Adventure game as a 3-man team (my brother, dad, and I grin ).

Still in a very early state, but at least I got the webdesign done wink
http://www.zofteyez.dk/azarinath/
Posted By: Blink

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/06/09 03:33

an action adventure with some puzzle elements.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/06/09 15:02

i am working on three games now, one music video and one short movie.
the games are popeye, a sequel to monsters and a secret game i wont talk about. adn yet, i still got time for something else. im good...
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/06/09 15:08

Working on two plugins for Gamestudio, requirements engineering for the recode of Razor for my Valentine and research for a tool for facial motion capturing (thesis project).
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/06/09 20:21

hopefully succsesful commercial space shooter. You've seen screens. We'll make official posts once we're ready.

*evilsmile* Just noticed that a screen from our game's actually on the 3dgs main site ...

(now who's braggin' ? :P)

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/07/09 15:13

Originally Posted By: Germanunkol
hopefully succsesful commercial space shooter. You've seen screens. We'll make official posts once we're ready.

*evilsmile* Just noticed that a screen from our game's actually on the 3dgs main site ...

(now who's braggin' ? :P)
ohh, so thats YOUR game? lol.. i was wondering where it came from, trust me, bragging isnt bad, makes everyone work harder to look better than you :D, lol oh and Claus_N, ur game looks good so far, nice art
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/07/09 16:30

"oh and Claus_N, ur game looks good so far, nice art"
Yes... I especially like that old guy in red... what's his name? never seen him before... he looks like...hm.. a wizzard? laugh

Sorry, couldn't help it. I like the website, and the levels as well. Hope it works out for you smile The change from A6 to A7 was a goooood idea.
Posted By: Claus_N

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/07/09 19:38

hehe, I wonder where you've seen him before! grin (he'll be replaced later wink )

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/10/09 01:34

so thats it? no more projects? lol am sure there's alot more

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/10/09 06:39

Sadly, the users aren't active anymore. frown
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/10/09 06:40

Working on an entry for the shader contest (deadline this Saturday!).

Jibb
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/10/09 18:41

I was working on some kind of puzzle game.
But having it put on rest while being busy for university and taking a look at it again, I think its pretty boring.
Maybe I'll finish the level editor basics and contribute the code, but I'm not sure.
Posted By: Nicotin

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/10/09 21:58

I'm working on a kind of simulation. I don't know how far in % I am in the moment.
1-man-team here too smile
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/11/09 03:21

I have 2 games im working on, and one much more ambitious than the other, but remember some of the more experienced users do freelance work on other peoples projects like i do. I gotta be able to live.

my first and more likely to be finished project is fish food, can be found in the showcase, have been working really slowly on it though.

The second is some demo testing with Anet to make a small 1 level orpg to get some experience with mp programming, basically right now all i have is the ability to connect and an entity/player management setup, all of which allows the players to walk around and be scene on both the servers and the clients, right now im working to get the server to send movement code to all the clients from the movement of single ones, because you can see the movements on the server and the client that moved, but all the others arent set up to see it yet.
Posted By: LunaticX

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/11/09 04:37

finished one casual match3 game, and now working on another "little" casual game.
tried to make big one before that, failed, dont wanna try again anytime soon =)
Posted By: ulf

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/11/09 12:08

...working on a smaller casual game again (in my spare time) smile
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/13/09 08:21

Horror First Person Shooter, developement is going slow as I'm only one. Maybe 10 percent done.
And no, it's no damn zombie shooter. grin
(It's not that zombie shooters were bad, but we have too much here already wink ).
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/13/09 08:40

First Person Shooter
script process: 25%
leveling process: 1%

i am slow, because i am not very good at leveling, but if i teach friend of mine leveling, it would be much much faster.

It will be a singleplayer game with several weapons and weapon modifications like in crysis (laserpointer, silencer, different scope, ...).
I thought about a multiplayer mode, but i must build the singleplayer mode first.

Richi
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/13/09 09:00

@Richi:
Problem with creating a singleplayer game and then wanting to add multiplayer is:
the architecture of multiplayer is pretty different to singleplayer (well it was once). So it could happen that you would have to re-write the whole thing just for multiplayer.
What I want to say: The decision if singleplayer and/or multiplayer should be made before the developing starts (in the concept phase).
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/13/09 09:17

yeah, im only using the free lite-c version until i have the money for higher versions with a level editor.
I've written a level editor for the game, but its not ery good for indoor levels.
i think it will be a singleplayer game only.
but the problem with the editor is that you must use a terrain.
I will create a thread if the first beta is finished.

Richi
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/13/09 20:19

Working on Portico... slowly and secretly grin
Posted By: MPQ

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/14/09 10:23

I am working on a litte racing game. My aim is to learn a lot about coding, modelling and the engine by doing this.

and: I ve given darkinferno promise to assist in his game laugh
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/17/09 13:24

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
Sadly, the users aren't active anymore. frown

Woah.. Don't jump to conclusions like that Cowabanga. laugh

Of course there are people active, but many people won't post about their projects (or haven't left the 'newbie' phase of messing up). The user base of 3dgs is far greater than the people registered on these forums.

Having said that, I am working on multiple projects, with one of them nearing completion. Sadly though, my main 3dgs PC still isn't back to pieces. My motherboard is supposed to be repaired by Asus, but boy do they mess up sometimes. It's away for the 4th time now, meaning no substantial work could be done for about 4 long months and counting.

I swear I'm going to ritually burn my motherboard if Asus fails yet another time doing a proper repair. Sigh.

I would go into detail about what my games are about, but for now I prefer to remain silent for a while longer as they aren't finished yet.
Posted By: Espér

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/18/09 20:50

Evrey ( a friend ), Me and the great Help of EvilSOB are making a 2D RPG with A7...

The Workflow is still not fast. but that´s because we want to import Rpg-maker XP Content.. To write these codes is really hard work and needs much think-around-the-corner.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/22/09 14:39

Now that the contest submissions have been in for a while and I've had a few days to decide what to do next, I'm now working on a RTS game (ideas I've had for a while, but finally spurred on after seeing thegamedesigner's showcase RTS).

Very early stages, but sounds like you'd like to know that everyone's working on something, and I've already gotten a few cool things done.

Jibb
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/29/09 01:04

I'm finishing up my degree. So all work on hold till 8 weeks away. Then I plan on implementing elements from Deus Ex into my shooter. Lockpicking and hacking
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 08/29/09 06:48

Well, here's two:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/preva/9591

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/kino-one/10511

Not sure why Kino One is rated...it hasn't been released yet.
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 09/27/09 16:48

i hid them in the arse of the world!
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 10/10/09 03:26

I finished Territory: the Mountain Men after more than three years, and with the generous partnership of Loopix. Now I'm working on a new version which builds on the many things I learned making the first one, and will be more fun in terms of gameplay and interface.

Enhancing a finished game is really more fun that developing it in the first place. laugh

My next game will probably be a "Mad Max" type scenario--junkyard war on the Aussie outback.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Where Are The GAMES?! - 10/10/09 21:24

I'm slowly working on '3DGS Easy Scripter' and hope to get out v1.0 before christmas. I moved to university yesterday so process is gonna get slower.
© 2024 lite-C Forums