and the BP oil thing?

Posted By: MMike

and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 02:35

Wonder how nobody opened a topic on such important subject.

The earth surface can blow out, if the oil gets out, and the pressure, enlarge the hole, more oil will come out.. and who knows what happens if water comes in, and evaporates, (since the deeper you go, the hotter it gets)

Well earthquakes, tsunamis.. etc..

"And the earth will break apart."
AHAHHAHHAH ..
Thats a positive thing though.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 06:00

seriously, here is waht happens:
after millions were spent to try to work things out, the final approach will be the one that should have been taken long ago: blow it up, seal it.
BP will go bankrupt in the process for it cannot get better for the company from here on out.
the whole region will be contaminated for years. tourism will die and people will be jobless, anotehr crisis is inevitable, and it will drive up crime. not to mention the outcome for the eco system. this is a serious problem, one that will come back to bite us all in the ass, as fis are dying and alot of import export stuff that goes on will change. and all because some fuckers want to bleed the planet dry.
well done BP i hope you go bankrupt and your executives lose everything, ncluding their freedom for applying serious damage to the planet, the eco system and the economy...
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 09:50

Blowing the hole up, would render the oilfield useless (uncalculatable instability), and
BP looses the investment into drilling the hole.

Thats why BP tries to seal it.
It offers the option to reactivate the (working) drill.

---

In the end we are all consumers of oil-based products.
BP is just one of the companies offering a service we all use.

Its more an issue of missing regulation of underwater oil exploration.
The government should quickly impose requirements to have tripple proved
savety systems to these drills.

(BTW, Louisiana LIVES from the oil industry.
Its the single most important industry there.)
Posted By: Joozey

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 10:34

I do hope we'll find out how it is like to live without oil soon enough. I'm all in for a bit of anarchy, just to forcefully rebuild an eco society anew wink.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 11:04

(without giving up all the nice luxories of course)

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 12:16

Without? tongue
If society norms allowed abundance of "luxuries" like plastic, electronics, ..., I would be happy to adapt.
It's not hard to craft your own luxuries if you know how.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 12:38

but its much more than that!
I think its time for people to rise their awareness.. and we killing the planet.. this is a beggining.. The war for oil, the need for money power, etc.. you let this happen.. we dont rise agaist this oil things, not using renewable energies etc..

From news i read:
The super high pressure release of oil from under the earth's crust is between 80,000 to 100,000 barrels per day. The flow of oil is bringing up with it rocks and sand which causes the flow to create a sandblasting effect on the remaining well head device currently somewhat restricting the flow, as well as the drilled hole itself.

As the well head becomes worn it enlarges the passageway allowing an ever-increasing flow. Even if some device could be placed onto the existing wellhead, it would not be able to shut off the flow, and to contain the pressure.

The intense pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct unrestricted flow of oil, etc.. The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf.

This will allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more. The water will be vaporized and turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor.

The tsunami wave this can create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole. Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas for an unknown number of years.
When the engineers saw that, the tested the blowout preventer with a pressure test. OK, no problem, but the test they used was based on a 1960's patent using an algorithm that never though humans could drill 5,000 feet underwater. Took 8 hours for pressures to equalize, BP rushed everything, and the top blew off. Whooops.

PLUS: The chemicals will unbalance the micro nutrients for other species to eat, and the whole food chain will break.. very sensitive to subtle changes, small fish dies, everything dies, because, the big fish can't eat small fish that depends on plankton. and so on..

[img]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/?id=11881780&q=oil&p=1&st=3&sm=user[/img]

[img]http://projectavalon.net/o01_23681845.jpg[/img]
[img]http://projectavalon.net/o05_23681817.jpg[/img]
Posted By: pararealist

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 13:29

According to Lindsey Willaims:

BP drilled a super well down to 25,000 to 20,000 feet in the gulf, much like Russia did on land.
They hit oil (a Biotic fuel that is not fossilised fuel like before) that is gushing out at a pressure of 20,000 to 70,000 PSI, which took them by surprise, and the security measures they have, cannot cope with the pressure.
They are preparing to evacuate the area, just in case they cannot come up with solutions to contain it.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 13:40

So who speaks the truth?
In fact it doesn't matter. You can smudge yourself in oil and go start protesting at BP's headquarters, or get a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show as people rush in panic because they're responsible, and everybody knows. These disasters are the only things that can prevent further exploitation of the earth. Look at nuclear power plants. One accident in Chernobyl and nobody wants a nuclear plant again. A pity though, such clean energy production. Oil winning not so much.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 13:54

thats why i said, this is a positive thing, because it will give a scar to this oil thing... probably banned or something.

But hey are trying to put a nuclear bomb in the hole? i mean what side effects it has?

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:04

More red glowing radioactive oil spoilage transported in all directions by the triggered tsunami.
Posted By: Toast

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:27

In my opinion the atom bomb thing should be prepared and get used as last solution. At a certain point there should be an evaluation if it's better to use an atom bomb to seal things (which has had high rates of success in Russia) giving you radiation problems (while I don't know if a H-Bomb uses less plutonium than e.g. the Little Boy had) rather than having "endless" amounts of oil flowing into the ocean...

Actually a good time for that may already have passed - I at least see no way this thing gets sealed anytime soon and the effects we have seen yet are just the beginning of even worse scenarios to come...

The entire situation is pretty bad though. They probably shouldn't have drilled there if they have so little options to encounter the possible problems...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:39

In my mind with a bit of bad luck an atomic bomb would create an even bigger hole.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:41

there is no need for a nuclear bomb. some "experts" say that a daisy cutter or moab would do the job too but some other "experts" say that it is way too risky since it could open an even bigger leak.

Quote:
A pity though, such clean energy production.
not really. the problem isn't the production itself but the radioactive waste. our descendants will curse us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schacht_Asse_II
http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/147830
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:44

Originally Posted By: ventilator
not really. the problem isn't the production itself but the radioactive waste. our descendants will curse us.

Just a few months ago some people announced they invented a "portable" reactor that uses exactly that waste to produce energy and leaves almost nothing behind. So that not an excuse anymore.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 14:52

Also, what you rather have, depleting natural resources or having radioactive waste? You can still shoot that towards the sun, and gone it is. You can't gain natural resources from the sun.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 15:07

Originally Posted By: Joozey
Also, what you rather have, depleting natural resources or having radioactive waste? You can still shoot that towards the sun, and gone it is. You can't gain natural resources from the sun.

uhm... uranium is a depleting natural ressource too. the estimates are that there only are about 150 years left before we are running out of it. so nuclear power has no future anyway. except maybe nuclear fusion but it doesn't look too good in this regard either. iter probably can't be funded.

shooting the waste towards the sun? crazy great idea. why not spray the stuff into the atmosphere when the rocket has some failure? tongue rockets aren't really reliable enough for something like that...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 15:16

Hehe okay, the medium may be a problem. Not sure about uranium, can't verify your estimates.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 16:32

wont it cause an earthquake or even a tsunami?

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 17:19

I guess a bomb would vaporize most of the water rather than push it so it's not going to initiate any serious wave...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 19:27

Originally Posted By: Joozey
You can't gain natural resources from the sun.

i bet these guys beg to differ, for they have not only invented the transistor but lead to the invention of the solar cell...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 19:35

I meant fossil fuels.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 20:12

the energy in fossil fuels actually comes from the sun too. in the future it would be best to use the energy from the sun more directly.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 21:32

Yes, we're all stardust. But that was not the point wink. It takes thousands of years for fossil fuels to form. Sunlight is instant.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/14/10 22:43

It also takes thousands of yearfor fossil-fuel to turn into diamond,
but that hasnt stopped us speeding up the process. (see cubic zirconia)

Other than the atmospheric issues, we could probably manufacture our own oil
from organic biomass (re garbage), if we REALLY needed to...

Need a gas-mask anyone? 100% plastic!

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 00:37

wait , i read the bomb will vaporize.. but if that vaporizes ( in a specific radius.. i assume that "hole of "air*" -> where the water used to be before being vaporized) will be filled with something right.. and the water will come in eventually, do.. it will create a wave anyway?
Im not sure if seeing your scenario correctly.

But anyway. i think secret govs have secret devices to stop that, and if they do, trust, me, its a good way towards discloser , and perhaps this is just a programmed step.. :S

who knows!
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 02:48

grin

Our dear leader, Mr dumb obama turned down oil skimmers and help from several nations.

He just wants to blame and sue BP and let the oil destroy everything.

stupid democrats are destroying my country again... grin
yeah, here in the USA we vote for dumb democrats, duh...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 07:52

The Republicans could have done nothing better in that situation.
(even when holding the bible really really tight)

Its a technical problem.
BTW, the republican legislation had 8 years time beforehand to tackle
such problems and impose harder security requirements.
But obviously it was not an obvious problem.

---

Knowing that Murphy’s Law applies,
there should have been more backup security systems.
Thats a call for legislational restrictions.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 15:36

Obama, Bp, Oil,terrorism ... he cant do war, he won the nobel prize for peace LOL
That peace you see in the oceans.. thats really fantastic

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 15:50

Are you holding obama responsible for BP's mistakes? And if I am correct, you categorise BP's mistakes as terrorism?

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/15/10 19:55

Originally Posted By: MMike
wait , i read the bomb will vaporize.. but if that vaporizes ( in a specific radius.. i assume that "hole of "air*" -> where the water used to be before being vaporized) will be filled with something right.. and the water will come in eventually, do.. it will create a wave anyway?

What's gonna happen is something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggH-ObiUWEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Bl2DKMv4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16heorrfsgY&feature=related

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 02:05

obama bp oil and terrorism have a link yes..for me its terrorism.. i think they are not doing peace for sure.
so but they all linked.

toast: the links are nice to watch: the second link, i see some clouds appearing and disappearing, and some "space" distorsion .. notice.. can that alter the space fabric?

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 02:15

Originally Posted By: Toast

What's gonna happen is something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggH-ObiUWEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Bl2DKMv4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16heorrfsgY&feature=related

but when the bomb explodes, why there is no tsunami? because there will be a hole there (where the water is throw away by the bomb?

this is what i though it happen:because see this video:
tsunami with bomb
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 02:30

grin

Former president Bush WAS a real oil man.

Even the democrats put him down for his real oil links in the industry.

Right now, WE NEED A REAL OIL MAN in the white house.
Somebody who is competent and knows how drilling is done.
Somebody who is willing to listen on new ways to clean up oil.
We need BUSH. smirk

Mr. dumb obama is not that person.
Sadly, the fool just sits and whines, complains and points blaming fingers at others like a child would.

What good does it do to demonize and drive BP out of bussiness?
Please Mr. dumb obama, go back to your sandbox where you belong.

and, i don't wanna be your elf anymore either.

OBAMA'S ELF SONG

grin

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 02:41

the thing is that this bp thing can be a calculated thing and all a game to, present us with a new technology.. that could be shown in another...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 09:21

but when the bomb explodes, why there is no tsunami? because there will be a hole there (where the water is throw away by the bomb?

this is what i though it happen:because see this video:
tsunami with bomb

There probably is going to be a wave but it's no dramatic tsunami thing being able to cross huge distances and getting "dangerous". In addition to that for a real tsunami cubic kilometers of water need to be pushed - a nuke doesn't have that much power and vaporizes more than it really pushes...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 12:31

whatever they do, the hopefully do it fast...

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/17/10 14:06

The video is not a tsunami mike. You wont see or notice a starting tsunami. It's just a tiny moving of several square kilometres of water. You can sail over it, swim in it, it's not visible. Until it reaches the shore. A nuke is not capable of doing that. It doesn't move water, it vaporizes water. The water will fall inside the hole and loses a lot of energy there, it is not pushed outwards.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/18/10 00:55

well why then some earth quakes.. do that? its just a tiny slide of the height of the water, caused by the slided plataform beneath it...
wont this nuke (underground) be like a .. earthquake?

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/18/10 09:45

Well those "tiny" slides you brought up happen in regions many kilometers long moving insane amounts i.e. cubic kilometers of water in the process. The amount of water a nuke moves is tiny in comparison to that (and again much of a nuke's energy is used for vaporization meaning this energy mainly will just shoot upwards rather than being "stored" in form of a wave which moves along)...
Posted By: gameaddict

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/18/10 17:25

Now they scream... Nigerians in the niger delta region as well as the region's ecosystem have been suffering for so long because of stuff like this. Check the internet, oil pipes all over the niger delta to make sure the oil companies get every last drop of oil, dead fishes signifying the death of the livelihood of fishermen in the region, dead soil everywhere, unable to nurture anything but poverty... nobody cried 'STOP', why should they? It wasn't affecting the west, why should anyone care... When the poverty led to widespread corruption amongst some Nigerians, everybody screamed SCAM, FRAUD, e.t.c You all blacklisted my country, you all hated us, no one stopped to consider how it began... Well... Here's God kicking you all in the ass! WAKE UP! When you choose to care for yourselves only and protect only that which is yours, you forget the fact that your brainchild - The international capitalist system - can't really help itself cuz it's so ****ing efficient. It pours in the rewards of your exploitation along with some of the stuff you never intended it too. Good luck clearing that up... Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find websites where I can criticize all the silly, corrupt, useless, bloodthirsty, inefficient officials in Nigeria. If they'd done something at the onset, maybe there'd be no such thing as oil kidnapping and stuff in the country today. good luck BP, goodluck Obama.
Posted By: pararealist

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/30/10 04:09

New info on BP (coffee) oil spill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM
Posted By: Joey

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/30/10 07:33

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz
some people announced they invented a "portable" reactor that uses exactly that waste to produce energy and leaves almost nothing behind. So that not an excuse anymore.

where have you read that? I can't really imagine that.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 06/30/10 18:18

IM Full of this world governators, really
Money its replacing their brains with sand..
I mean they all think about their own..
did i ever heard.. someone say ( will give away half of their money to help this disaster)??
Obama is a pet on this scenario, hes probably 30 levels bellow the powers that be...
A world with money WONT WORK for MANYMORE years... society is demonstrating that the weak and old trade system, is not working anymore.. there must be a change.
You must not payanything to live..
WE HAVE TECNHOLOGY to build robots that harvest etc and etc, why their are not spending on that, but instead on tv shows, footbal games, god name it

pS: i forgot to say, they dont give you that, because your their puppy , they control you...
Posted By: AlbertoT

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/01/10 16:09

Originally Posted By: gameaddict
You all blacklisted my country, you all hated us...

Nigeria is one of the most dangerous and more corrupted countries in the world , this is a fact
O course I understand your feeling, I am myself upset when meeting a foreigner after a couple of words" Italian ?...ahh Mafia "
Even though I have never met a mafia man , nor my parents nor my grand parents nor my grand....grand... parents
However it is a fact that we have mafia while other european countries dont have
So stop whining

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/04/10 15:34

A funny "summary" of what has been done yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM&feature=related
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/05/10 13:51

we drive cars that need 50gallons of gas for less then a mile, we use air condition even in cellars and sheds, we dont care how much energy we waste, we dont turn lights off, we want every single bubblegum wrapped and packed, and as soon as one of the 30.000 oil drill platforms that serve us the energy we waste burst into flame we start to bitch and blame???

i think that we are as responsible as bp for this mess. everything has a downside. nuclear pp may explode, coal mines collapse and it pollutes the air, and it looks like off shore drilling in 3000 meters depth might be dangerous as well.

i know this aint popular but i find it wrong to only blame the drug dealer for your problems. its our oil addiction and greed that make them drill wherever it generates profit.

so either we get rid of it or we start getting used to the fact, that this will happen every now and again.

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/05/10 14:56

yes it our fault too keep them from earning money from oil
its our fault we dont boycout that system..
we could do better and demand new energies .. etc.
but we just sit our ass on the sofa and keep eating HAHAH, "they will solve somethey, we say"
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/05/10 15:41

Its either you do it or they do you.

cheers

Re: and the BP oil thing? - 07/24/10 00:58

i dont know if you guys are "updated" with the info of the stream, of believe Illuminati Stuff..
Dont call me crazy, i call you crazy.. because if you dont, you are really sleeping in this world..

Do you know the knowing movie predicted the OIL right in gulf of mexico right?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQBZqFt-S-w[/video]
© 2024 lite-C Forums