APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato!

Posted By: Error014

APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 01/16/12 20:30

This is a nice website:

Link!

Of course, your enjoyment of this will depend entirely on whether or not you like ogling astronomy-related images.

All images are provided with a short bit of text that explains what you can see. Neato!

EDIT: Also, why's Hilbert Hotel so quiet these days?
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 01/17/12 00:05

I love stuff like this. Instantly bookmarked, and thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: Error014
why's Hilbert Hotel so quiet these days?

There haven't been any new combative users in a while, nothing has happened on the grand scale for the past several months, and all the long timers are tired of arguing over things that are mostly beyond their understanding. tongue
Posted By: Joozey

Re: APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 01/17/12 13:31

Or is it a lack of desire to comprehend?
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 01/18/12 22:06

Originally Posted By: Joozey
Or is it a lack of desire to comprehend?

Now now, there's no need to flatter yourself.[/poke]
Posted By: Joozey

Re: APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 01/18/12 22:24

I didn't comprehend that.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: APOD: Pretty pictures & an explanation. Neato! - 02/01/12 16:49

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
I love stuff like this. Instantly bookmarked, and thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: Error014
why's Hilbert Hotel so quiet these days?

There haven't been any new combative users in a while, nothing has happened on the grand scale for the past several months, and all the long timers are tired of arguing over things that are mostly beyond their understanding. tongue

Lol, good one sir! But as it's basically impossible to make people aware of their own ignorance, any reasonable discussion will by definition end up being quite futile for either side. I don't think anyone's really to blame there. Most of the excitement actually comes from this futile arguing going around the same stuff, something many simply do not have the time for anymore.

As a result I think Joozey actually has a somewhat valid point. Some people probably choose to prefer their own ignorance or limited knowledge over reason, logic or active research on a subject, regardless of how good or bad the arguments of others really are.

In the end, people just don't care. tongue
© 2024 lite-C Forums