Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer

Posted By: Nardulus

Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 02/29/08 00:37

Hi Everyone,

Here is our latest sales trailer for Spitfire Heroes. Game done by Florian, Ken and Matt or Big John Games...

Florian put together the trailer. The game is in or heading to stores now.

Let me know if this helps make things more clear about the game. We currently were getting alot of confusion out there as to what the game really was.

We have actually pulled off an air combat sim on a DS.

www.bigjohngames.com/traf_trailer.wmv

Ken
Posted By: Nems

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 02/29/08 19:14

A lot better than the first imho and well presented.

Just a small crit if I may, the flight adjustments are too abrubt and should really be given to the steering flaps with tha plane itself adjusting angles smoothly.
Posted By: William

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 02/29/08 21:17

Looks good guys. Congrats on finishing!
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 02/29/08 23:55

The first didn't assure what it looks like on the DS, to see the game now with the DS is much claerer and gives better impression! Good change!

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/08/08 03:50

Finally got the trailer onto gametrailers.com.

Over 1000 views in the first hour.

So far good response.

Ken
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/11/08 18:58

It looks like a lot of fun. I like how you can shoot the wings off!

It looks easy to control. Did you model it as a (quasi)realistic flight sim or just make it easy to play?
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/12/08 11:28

This is great; can't wait to see it on the shelf!
Posted By: ello

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/12/08 11:37

hey, i like it. specially the clouds are rendered great.
in my opinion the final airplane should fire across the screen leaving bulletholes or cracks

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/12/08 13:27

Hi Guys,

We have been able to get over 10,000 views on Gametrailers.com.

Alex, the controls are arcade style, the goal is to shot down other planes, so the flying controls have to be sort of simple. We throw alot of targets at you. You can stall and we also have an escape from stall move.

The multiplayer dogfights are a blast. The tipping of the Buzz Bombs with your planes wings is historicaly accurate plus a cool game play element.

We have been developing under the radar of the industry media machine. That is changing this year. We are going to make a little more noise. Add in the fact that our publisher put out a few dogs in the past months, and poor Spitfire has had to fight for shelf space. That is changing and you should see the game at Best Buy, and Game Stop. Still working on Target, Toy R Us, and Walmart.

We do have international distribution so we are working on translations for French, German, UK, Spanish, and Italian.

Plushees has been approved by NOA / NCL and you should see that game early next month.

Developing on the DS is alot of fun....

Ken
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/12/08 17:20

is this done with Game Studio?

Looks great an fun to play!!

Re: Spitfire Heroes Sales Trailer - 03/12/08 17:42

The team that built this game met here and has worked together on Game Studio games in the past.

We developed our own engine and tech for this DS game. So 3DGS was not used for Spitfire heroes.

We still dabble with a 3DGS project every so often. 3DGS is a great tool for getting concept ideas working quickly...

For the foreseeble future we are focused on Nintedo DS and Wii development...

Ken

Ken
© 2024 lite-C Forums