2.D point&click adventure game

Posted By: Andrej

2.D point&click adventure game - 05/03/10 06:41

Hello there,

I am new to 3D Game Studio. Now we are developing 2.5D point&click adventure game with Wintermute Engine. But in Wintermute engine there are missing some useful features there.

I want to ask there if somebody has any experience with developing 2.5D point&click adventure game with 3D Game Studio. It is possible to use pre-rendered 2D scenes with 3D real-time characters?

Thank you for your replies smile
Posted By: YellowAfterlife

Re: 2.D point&click adventure game - 05/03/10 06:56

Yes, of course it is possible. You have either to use a wall (polygon) with chosen texture, or use PANEL's (check the manual for documentation on this)
Posted By: Andrej

Re: 2.D point&click adventure game - 05/03/10 15:06

Originally Posted By: YellowAfterlife
Yes, of course it is possible. You have either to use a wall (polygon) with chosen texture, or use PANEL's (check the manual for documentation on this)

Thank you. Please do you know any 2.5D adventure game created with 3D Game Studio?
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: 2.D point&click adventure game - 05/03/10 17:14

There has been a long time project of Orange Bret, but it never finished, or is still in development.
He had a look at Wintermute, because he had concerns relating the handling of shadows on the pre-rendered backgrounds in Acknex.
There have been other adventure projects, I remember Meteor Mess 3D and one of the Joozey, it is available, at least as a demo in the Free Resources http://au.conitec.net/ , because it was an entry of a contest.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: 2.D point&click adventure game - 05/10/10 14:33

Originally Posted By: Andrej
Originally Posted By: YellowAfterlife

Thank you. Please do you know any 2.5D adventure game created with 3D Game Studio?

I have a prototype with pre-rendered background running.
add me on messenger, i can show you how to do it laugh

regards,
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: 2.D point&click adventure game - 05/12/10 22:19

@Andrej: I have posts going back years, so do a search using my name, and you might find some useful info. I'm not sure how relevant some of it is, though. Mine is still in development but always in rewrite. It's going to look drastically different than what is posted in the Showcase forum, but one of these days it will show up. It'll be more on the 2D side than 2.5, though. Or maybe not. It's a project in constant flux. laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums