Sunset Down... huh?

Posted By: the_clown

Sunset Down... huh? - 09/24/10 09:05

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I decided to put it in here...
I've seen a lot of mentions of an old A5/A6 project called "Sunset Down", that obviously was abonded... I've also seen some screenshots, great looking screenshots, and there have been two topics (probably fake) by a user called Questionmark, that showed nothing but one and a half screenshot, so now I'm quite curious... the search function doesnt return anything older than two years, so I guess I just have to ask, was there a topic in one of the two showcases, and if so, does someone have a link? I'd just be interested in all informations I can get, as I am currently researching all old and newer Acknex projects that are, or were, potentially great games in terms of graphics and gameplay...
Hope somebody can help me here.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 09/24/10 09:32

Mr Google told me:

http://www.fun-byte.com/gallery/category/2-sunset-down

and look for posts from XeXeS

Most Screenshots ect will not be online anymore.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 09/24/10 16:00

Alright, thank you. Seems to be vanished; too bad, those screenies look quite good.
Posted By: maslone1

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 08:00

I am wondering that people still know about this project....

You should know:
xexes made the plugin for better grafics.
there was only one level (testlevel), just one player model, one npc-model, some weapons, alpha animations, and "stolen" textures (reason for the abort)
So the only thing that realy do exist is the plugin for A6. i only have the player, npc, weapon models (somewhere on my hard-copy).
So the project was over before it has began.

But i still have some testvideos (ingame and testrenders) may i could upload it to youtube... or vimeo... if you want.

cheers
marcel

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 11:57

Cool, yes, that would be nice. I'm always interested in seeing good looking acknex projects.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 14:43

Let down Sunset Down laugh

It is not so impressive, when it was developped in the old years of A6, it had only some shadres/techniques that allowed it to be better than others 3DGS games, but the 3D art is not enought detailled or incredible, it was only in it's time , not today !
Today you'll would need detailled realistic textures, terrain, shaders like normal map, specular , full screen effect and something playable (try last Unity 3D Third person demo for exampel to have an idea) !

But there are great A7 games that have been made :

A7 Action RPG

Oblivion style game

Make a game instead of seeking just screenshots that don't proove anyhting !
Good looking A8 games are possible and it's only a matter of 3D art quality or style !
I think you should instead look at indie games Trine and others to be inspired ! Target little , but make it gorgeous !

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 14:54

All true, nevertheless, the meaning of this thread was neither about finding out how to achieve a good looking game nor if it's possible with A7/A8, the only intention was to find out about Sunset Down...

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 16:57

@ratchet

completely right. the detail in sunset-down was alpha-alhpa.
there are many other projects with more datials and better looking grafics.

at the moment i'am uploading a short video with some test-szenes, pictures, and (bad) animations....

http://vimeo.com/15876201

it will rake 2 or 3 ours befor you can watch it.....

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/15/10 18:28

the youtube version (is faster to upload)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia1_VccLikQ

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 17:59

Thank you.
Looks indeed very WIP, yet like it had much potential... too bad it was stopped.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 19:09

Thanks for the video !

In fcat the video don't show any 3DGS programming skill.
(Even when walking there is no animation of arms or gun, it's like driving a car )

There is no ennemi AI, no LOD , no realtime Dynamic lights working with shaders, no explosions, only a little particle effect on water , no weapon change (no mini gun, no sniper rifle), and no special effects , no cinematic, no HUD .... Hummm laugh

Well in fact the demo shows 3D skills in 3D art nothing exceptionnal !
It's only good vegetation, trees, sand texture, grass texture, good looking skybox, some simple platform with simple textures and 3D assets on top of it.
I even find all that lacks a lot shadows, and vegetation seems
too bright and simple sometimes : no shadows (baked) , no specular ...
It only shows they have managed to finish a litlle level with
terrain and vegetation, something complicated even today to make with A8 when you look at terrain and vegetation tools of Unity or Torque 3D for example laugh !

But i agree it was great for the old days, and the team had good potential, i think they found making a detailled game asks
for LOT LOT LOT of time !

Just my opinion.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 19:19

ratchet, why do you stay in the gamestudio forums only to tell us again and again what AX is bad at and how good Unity (or random engine) is? Additionally, now and then you throw some more or less wise stuff at us that you've found somewhere else. What's the purpose?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 19:37

ratchet, read what i wrote before!

again:
"You should know:
xexes made the plugin for better grafics.
there was only one level (testlevel), just one player model, one npc-model, some weapons, alpha animations, and "stolen" textures (reason for the abort)
So the only thing that realy do exist is the plugin for A6. i only have the player, npc, weapon models (somewhere on my hard-copy).
So the project was over before it has began."

So accept it, that this was no real project!
I never said, that our team wrote an ai, or shooting-action-scripts with explosions effects or something else. We just did some art-work, with models, 2-d, 3-d work, sounds, music, and a plug-in. Nobody claims that it was a finished playable game!

And today i am gamestudio and unity user. You can make with a7 / a8 or unity 3d great games. THe big and only big problem i see with gamestuio: support, Compatibility.
Everyone with some professional skills in 3d-gafic knows that it is a problem to import and use professional made characters, animations, ect....
thats the only big + i see in unity.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 20:12

Ok,

I should read myself before posting laugh !
Well the team had good potential, if they have managed to make something as good in the old days , with today tools or engines,
they could do a very good FPS i think !

To import graphics, in A8 or Unity , from Blender it's easy to import a 3D animated model, i've already tested the two engines.
In A8, it's a bit more complicated caus you need to use MED before WEB and use FBX import ! In Unity it imports it directly, the internal use of FBX is not visible !

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/16/10 23:36

right, and thats the reason i like unity more. But for little games with fast scripting is a7 also a good tool.
Posted By: William

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/17/10 01:29

reading about this game makes me feel old. frown Still looks great after many years!
Posted By: FBL

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/17/10 08:22

At least next A8 beta can read .obj directly.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/18/10 17:54

William, u r old...... wink just a joke wink

I am also a gamestudio user since a4... hard times with very bad grafix laugh

today its been 10 years of using gamestudio for me... s**t, I AM horrible old!
laugh laugh laugh

Regards to Canada!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/19/10 06:20

Thank you maslone1 for uploading that video...
yes it really was a long time ago, and i stil remember those day when i first saw sunset down.
I also remember, there were screenshot of some temple, which really looked professional.
Any luck you have vid or screens of that temple scenery aswell?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/19/10 18:18

You are welcome chris_oat! Nice Project you have in development (downsideevil). Nice video, good leveldesign and nice player model. I wish you good luck with your project!

... so you are from austria too?

Ciao

Marcel

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 10/19/10 18:35

lol,.... found old vids with other alpha animations i made for sunset-down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnMFjHOT5HE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPrmnwDb9M&feature=related

5 year old material.... 5 YEARS after 2005!!!! laugh

Posted By: deBobvanRob

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 21:21

Some old new stuff?

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdnshot26kfo3lx2qw.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/shotwswgbr2p4xv.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/screenshot0dwv4lseyn0.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdscreenshot9k8px0jnwmf.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdscreenshot0geto9r2aky.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/shot128gomzdkqn.jpg
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdscshot20hbzdseq98.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdscreenshot0b5la6x0rme.jpg
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 21:43

The soundtrack: (Main theme) www.aliengames.de/downloads/03_-_Pacific_Island_-_Night.mp3

maybe we`ll get the wohle game together wink

I was so hyped when I first saw this game. It was one of the main reasons why I learned Gamestudio back then.

You guys should do it like Damocles with Wasteland and make a serious remake of Sunset Down. The game had potential.

Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 21:46

man this is sad to me actually, i really wish this game made it ? why didnt they ? they had maps , weapons , couldnt they tie the code together ? what really happened ?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 22:04

As far as I remember it was stopped because of ripped textures.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 22:12

I remember they had communication problems and there was big trouble in team coordination. In the end half of the team was estranged. But their work looked great. http://www.vimeo.com/15876201

Does anybody know what Xexes, the man behind the shader engine, is doing today? Is there any team member from Sunset Down left here in the forums?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 22:44

Yes...after years of absence i decided to join the forum again.

Iīm the founder of Sunset Down; donīt know what XeXes doing today...there are many years gone. Man...it was 2005?! Years ago...in the age of 18 ;-) All what is left are a few screenshots, Videos, Music, Artworks...and...a lot of Gamestudio Stuff on old Cdīs. Shell i post my whole range of screens etc. to you?

P.S.: There were many communication problems in the teams; XeXeS was (is?) one of the best members i had, excellent programmer and much more experience in game development.

After a rejoining of the team and a rejoining of Sunset Down the game was cut off. And yes...it was me using third party textures.

EDIT: Thatīs not the final Main Theme of SD; iīll post it to you;-)

Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 23:10

so why didnt you just change the textures ?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/17/11 23:20

Yes, the old screenshots and videos are interesting. Do you still have the artwork, textures and models? Why don`t you give them away for free or use them in a new project?

Have you got any plans to bring Sunset Down back to life? What have you done the last years after leaving Gamestudio Forums? Torque? Unity? Have you got some interesting projects in your portfolio from after Sunset Down?

Sorry for the question overkill. I was a big fan of the project back then. wink

Edit: Why don`t you post the screenshots in the Gamestudio Gallery? I think that would be an awesome addition. The screenshots look still very nice.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/18/11 08:01

One of the main reasons (for me) stopping Sunset Down and all Gamestudio stuff was my Highschool/Collage Graduation (in Germany called "Abitur" - very very important for studies). After that i made a training (some kind of job start in Germany) as a Media businessman (?!) and now iīm studying Media Management. And, of course, one other big point stopping all this was this third party texture issue.

Perhaps i should do so; publish all the Sunset Down Stuff i can find to you guys. Iīm pretty sure thereīs a lot of stuff left on the CDīs...models, levels, textures...

i knew about this kind of "Sunset Down fan community" and it was fantastic, but in the end it was "just" a hobby-Project with some big team internal Problems.

PS: Sorry for my english ;-)

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/18/11 18:32

Sunset Down Main Theme

sdmix9.mp3 - 2.92MB

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/18/11 18:51

Quote:
One of the main reasons (for me) stopping Sunset Down and all Gamestudio stuff was my Highschool/Collage Graduation (in Germany called "Abitur" - very very important for studies).

What was your grade point average in the end? Did you want to go to a university with a high NC? Because I don`t think that the average is that important for studying wink . They always tell you that it is. But in the end you can almost study what you want as long as you have any graduation. If you don`t want to be a journalist or a doctor, it`s no problem to have a 3,0 graduation instead of 1,5 wink . When you`re finally searching for a job itīs better to have a nice portfolio than being supersmart with a 1,x graduation, I think. laugh

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/18/11 19:18

This is the work-container i found on one of the CDīs...hope you can use something of it; enjoy

http://www.filedropper.com/worksd
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 06:52

Any More, bigger Screenshots (or even video) of that temple Scenery?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 07:24

Yes, i remember the temple/jungle Level very well...i collected a lot of photos of angkor wat to do this temple. I have a couple of screens on my disk of the temple...post it later on.

EDIT: This is screen is also from this level: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/shot128gomzdkqn.jpg
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 13:28

How was your Nickname 2005? Something with silver ? Remember you... Joined the Team for one Month or so, wanted to make the Temple Interior ^^
My Nickname was Angel, do you remember me?

cYa Sebastian

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 16:46

Silver?...no =) My Nickname was "3d-master"

Perhaps you remember....

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 16:53

Why did you change your identity?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 17:57

because i even donīt remember the mail adress i registered with ;-) A new registration is much easier than restoring passwords to mail adresses you donīt know bla bla...

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 18:07

Are you planning a new project? Why did you come back to Gamestudio instead of Unity, Torque or UDK?

Are you a scripter, level designer, modeller?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 18:42

Oh, donīt get me wrong. I didnīt came back to GS...i just wanted to know what GS doing today; iīva spend a lot of time with GS ;-)

As i said: Sunset Down was a one man project at first (so...i was all of them a little bit;) ). After more and more member joined the team and SD was relaunched (the status most of you know) i was more an director an especially a leveldesigner. Responsible for story, style, "look and feel"...

EDIT: A new project?...i donīt know...on my old days ;P
Posted By: Slin

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 18:49

Originally Posted By: deBobvanRob
Responsible for story, style, "look and feel"...

This probably explains the bad quality of the stuff visible on the pictures youīve shown here.
The models actually look pretty good, but the terrain looks like shit and most of the level design seems ugly and boring too.
Back then, I loved this project, but now I am pretty sure, that it is probably better that it wasnīt cancelled at a later time.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 18:53

As i said...responsible for everything ;-)

iīll post more screens of the temple-level later on...

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:00

Quote:
the bad quality of the stuff visible on the pictures youīve shown here [..] but the terrain looks like shit and most of the level design seems ugly and boring too.

Man, I love optimistic and helpful people with professional artwork in their portfolio.
Sunset Down looks still good today. Of course the terrain is 2005 quality, but the style is still unique in the world of 3DGS. The fact that most of the people still know Sunset Down shows that they made something right. I mean they were just few people making this for fun and managed to go in the quality direction of Far Cry 1.

Sunset Down.

Sunset Down.

Far Cry.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:08

Originally Posted By: Rondidon
with professional artwork in their portfolio.

Interestingly, I nevertheless managed to impress the right people with it laugh.

Edit: And if you really think that those two screenshots look close, you should probably think about another hobby... laugh
Another Edit: Where are they? o.O
And the third: Hm, they are back now...

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:10

Reasons enough to nevertheless respect other people`s work. wink

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:32

Quote:
And if you really think that those two screenshots look close, you should probably think about another hobby...

The project was in the beginning. It was made by 18yo people in their free time. Of course they couln`t reach the quality of a game made by 100 professionals in years of full time job. But: It`s impressive what they nevertheless did. The artwork fits together and the game has a unique style and was an eye catcher in the hobby programmer world back then. I`m pretty sure that it would have had the potential to look even better if they continued working on it. Thinking about shaders, lighting and level design aspects.
You`re a shader programmer, I`m mainly a level and art designer + scripting. And from my perspective I say: It`s also a question of lighting, shadows and color adjustments to let something look good or bad. You can have the nicest level of the world. When you`re lighting it wrong, it will look bad. Then, in second case, there`re some special effects like Bloom, normal mapping, other shaders. Look at the second SD screen I just added in the post with the screenshots. It`s just the lighting.

I know shaders are your special case, thatīs why your view is focussed on that aspect. And they only had basic ones from todayīs perspective. But thatīs quite natural. Back in 2005 the A6 engine itself and shader support was brand new. The fact, that they understood how to handle this as an unexperienced, young team back then, is respectable.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:38

Okay guys, stop it ;-)

What he said wasnīt that wrong, but in an inadequate intonation.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sd1hgd0iztw7s.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sd2jbp173qwgh.jpg

And PLEASE: remember that the screens iīm posting are from an early stage of SD to more "final" ones. Too sad i havenīt ingame screens of the more "final" SD anymore :-(

Rondidon: Thank you for your reputation of SD

EDIT:

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sd3xcajbh92k0.jpg

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:47

Indeed it was good for 2005 and a really small indie team !

And today a small team could do great like in the past :
One simple small level on terrain, only one ennemy type first , one weapon, only template gameplay fisrt , not lot of 3D model assets and textures, but ... each texture and model in top notch quality ONLY !

Well.. Who will make it's remake laugh ??

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:48

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sd4cfj08elawz.jpg

Yes...someone doing remake =) A few models and other stuff i posted yesterday

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sd5q9zltv3e5m.jpg

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/19/11 19:55

My opinion has NOTHING to do with shaders.

I can hardly imagine a less creative and more obvious level restriction.

Again, look at that level border. And are those levels really THAT small? o.O
And well, lighting is a word that comes to my mind when looking at this screenshot, because there is none at all...

Their style wasnīt unique at all, as it was just a ripoff of the far cry style without the style in terms of lighting and level design and everything else.
If they had continued working on it, I am pretty sure that they would have cancelled it a bit later. The project had no chance to get finished.

I btw do respect the work, but it is by far not as great as some people here tend to praise it to be.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 04:50

Originally Posted By: Slin
can hardly imagine a less creative and more obvious level restriction. Again, look at that level border. And are those levels really THAT small? o.O

http://imageshack.us/m/220/7584/demoscene20110520064116.jpg

Don`t take it serious. I`m just kidding. laugh .
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 07:04

You would have a point, if Nils argument was that he is better and everyone else sucks. Too bad its not.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 07:18

I really like the fact that deBobvanRob has visited us and represents screenshots and files as a reminiscence to that days smile

@deBobvanRob: I downloaded your package. Can you please explain what resources are ripped and which are not? The custom made ones - can we use them in our own projects?

Best regards,
-Christian

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 18:06

Are you available as level designer or did you just come back to look a bit around?

Thereīs an ambitious project called "DR Multiplayer" by alibaba in the project forum. Maybe you could help him out with level design or some resources from Sunset Down.

Quote:
You would have a point, if Nils argument was that he is better and everyone else sucks. Too bad its not.

Problem: Heīs talking about a hobby project and not about a game made by professionals. Thatīs something different. Of course he`s maybe right compared to professional games made by Crytek or maybe Deck13, but those games are not made by 18yo people in their free time. Thatīs why I posted the picture of his Contest Entry. From the time when he was a hobbyist. Not to injure him, but to get him back to the ground wink

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 18:13

To be honest...i just come back to look a bit around. But i will take a look on this project!

And please feel free to use the stuff iīve posted in your projects. After that time i cannot say which are ripped and which not...sorry. I even have no programms anymore to take an eye on the hole stuff. anyone know (probably free) programm to take a look at the models?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 18:22

Gamestudio A8 is freely available as a basic version including WED, MED, GED, SED wink .
http://server.conitec.net/down/gstudio8_setup.exe
A list of Gamestudio tools and third party tools can be found in the Wiki. http://www.opserver.de/wiki/index.php

Are you working in the games or comuter industry nowdays or was Sunset Down and game design just an idea from the past?
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/20/11 19:19

I'm considering using the levels for Assault!

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/21/11 00:08

Ahhhh...forgot Basic Version of GS is for free, thanks. Iīll try to take a sight on the models and their status.

In my time as Trainee i worked in a publishing house. Today, during my studies, Iīm still working there (sideline). My studies give me the possibilty to choose of a wide range of jobs in media afterwards...games are also an part of the studies, but of course (media management) itīs more economic than designing.

But, nevertheless, of course iīve a affinity for game; especially when you look at SD you can imagine that this was not just a small hobbyproject for me without a lot of passion.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/21/11 15:33

Was Sunset Down your only project in history? Or did you do some other games?

You could write an article about Sunset Down for the Wiki about raise and fall of the project. Regarding team management, hobby project size and Gamestudio. I think this could be interesting for beginners and some of the old guys laugh

Edit: Link to the Wiki articles. Still very empty so far frown http://www.opserver.de/wiki/index.php/Game_Development

Also it would be awesome if you sort the avaiable and selfmade Sunset Down models and textures and publish them without the maps and scripts as model and texture pack for common use.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/21/11 16:12

This is a fast test of the Palmbay level in A8 using HDR. As the WAD wasn't in the folder, I had to replace all level textures

Maybe HDR strength needs to be tuned down a bit

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/21/11 16:59

Looks good. I wanted to make the same thing tongue

You should ask Hummel for his ocean shader from the Wavefield Demo http://www.opserver.de/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/demo/zips/wavefield.zip (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwrMlQ6m7jQ). Add the lightrays from the demo, too.
Tune down the HDR and add some DOF (Shade-C). Add some grass from Loopix www.loopix-project.com and a detail map shader from the wiki. Add blurred realtime shadows or a lightmap.
It will maybe look just as good as Far Cry when you work on it a little bit. You could make a great technology demo out of this.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 05/21/11 19:07

WOW...great seeing my ol project with this new stuff...super!

WAD?...ähm...(too far away): where so i normally find the WAD in the folder-structure?! Perhaps i can publish it too. Let me know if you need some more stuff to keep this thing working even better!...I would also recommend to tune down the HDR...and lightrays sounds good too ;-)

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 06/09/11 07:22

Hm, the original link to the resources seems dead - could anyone reupload it or maybe add it to the AUM resources?

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 06/09/11 10:18

you will be able to get a demo made by me using that map in AUM 100

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 06/09/11 17:54

Well, I know, but that doesn't include everything he uploaded does it? If so, then I'll wait for AUM100, but I think it would be a good idea to upload the original files to the AUM resources, too.

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 06/09/11 18:37

well there is also another small map that isn't included on my demo

Re: Sunset Down... huh? - 06/18/11 10:29

Nice to see that old team-mates are still around here in this forum!

A remake of sunset-down..... no thanx,... but a NEW project maybe.
I learned a lot the last years, especial about modeling texturing and animation.
Also teamleading, management, organisation.

Today i would do many things differently.
© 2024 lite-C Forums