Resident Evil character :

Posted By: ratchet

Resident Evil character : - 12/14/10 21:46

Another great model from a really skilled 3D artist laugh

If anyone interested here is the thread :
Poylcount Thread
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Resident Evil character : - 12/15/10 22:31

But her head is too small, and she is streached too long.

I wonder why Artists often know very well how to design details, but
fail in the overall proportions.

here a random woman with reference proportions:

Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Resident Evil character : - 12/16/10 21:28

I believe it's because when you focus on details, it's hard to get the overall proportions right...
I've experienced that myself many times.
Posted By: Gamesaint762

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/06/11 02:19

Overall a really good model. Most of the time when someone cant model characters they make harsh crits on someones work.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 00:19

Originally Posted By: Gamesaint762
Overall a really good model. Most of the time when someone cant model characters they make harsh crits on someones work.
LOL and most artist just say that...
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 00:31

Originally Posted By: Gamesaint762

good that nobody made harsh crits on the model but some constructive
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 01:10

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
But her head is too small, and she is streached too long.

I wonder why Artists often know very well how to design details, but
fail in the overall proportions.

here a random woman with reference proportions:

Okay, then let's give some feedback to the feedback:
the "random" woman isn't random at all, it is quite probable that she is photoshopped as others to fit to an ideal of proportions.
I agree that the head is to small, although there might be persons who have a small head, but the common and expected proportions of people show a bigger head.
Don't know whether she is stretched too long though, compare the proportions of a Massai with a Chinese, or simply compare the proportions of a tall European girl of fifteen with that of a small adult woman - where is the standard?

The standard is already a standard of "standaredized" expectations.

All in all there are some things that I would adjust to the model as well, but all this is easy to adjust, even at an already finished model.
And, if the modeling tool allows to adjust proportions even with the skeleton, then it is no problem at all.
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 02:03

the model is perfectly fine. the head is 1/8th of her body size.

she is wearing high heals.

plus the view angle makes her look like she stands on her feet though she is standing on her tip-toes. thus longer legs and odd leg to head proportion.

the model is fine and very well made
Posted By: Gamesaint762

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 03:30

The person that made the comment about her head being small and the proportions being wrong did not offer anything to support his critique. No scale images and no advice on how an artist could achieve proper proportions. Just saying its wrong doesnt help the artist and therefore is not constructive. Also most of the so called artists that are in this forum couldnt even come close to the skill level that is shown by Ratchet. If I couldnt model or draw all that well I dont know that I would be making the comments at all.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 09:41

I think that her head just looks so small because of her black hair.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 15:58

There's nothing wrong with Damocles' feedback.
That's the sort of reply that anyone has to bear, if he wants to call himself professional.
Although, I don't fully agree with his points, I can't see anything wrong in the way he did write it.
He said the head is too small and provided a picture where you can see a head shoulder ratio that you can compare to the head shoulder ratio of the model - to me, when I would get such feedback, it is fully sufficient to have a second look at my model to prove whether I think he made a point or whether I still disagree.
Posted By: chrisp1

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/09/11 17:42

wow thats a nice model
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/10/11 13:44

Dont forget that those proportions can also change with the overall size of a woman. A fairly tiny but adult women looks cute and a bit like a kid just because she has other proportions (the photo is just like this). This is because eyes and head are bigger compared to the rest of the body.

But a tall women (like this 3d model) has a smaller head compared to the rest of the body. And with some high heels she looks more like an idealized version of a fashion puppet. That is the reason why fashion designers prefer big women. And this 3d model follows these fashion measurements. I personally dont like them very much, but I know that many painters and 3d artists follow these idealized fashion proportions.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/10/11 13:55

Final model. Proportions are fine.

Posted By: 3run

Re: Resident Evil character : - 01/10/11 15:12

Result is just great!
© 2024 lite-C Forums