SuperCan

Posted By: Gamesaint762

SuperCan - 01/06/11 02:24

Ok so I saw the supercan game by Sobee in the Gallery. By far the best gameplay, graphics and artwork that anyone has done using the Acknex engine. Funny how 2 of the best games made with this engine are made by Turkish Developers. Turks got skills...
Just something I noticed... if u havent seen it check out their gameplay trailer here... Supercan
Posted By: Superku

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 02:37

Indeed, it's just awesome, nothing more to add. I've always believed in AX's power but still I'm surprised what they've squeezed out of this engine.
Reminds me somehow of Action Bird.
Posted By: fogman

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 02:42

Meh, can´t be, Acknex is dying don´t ya know? wink

Well, it clearly shows off that it´s not about the engine but the skills (and time & budget).
It looks really great and it seems it plays great, too.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 02:54

Wow! Well done grin Anyone know anything about the team behind it?

Jibb
Posted By: Kotakide

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 07:09

SUPER AWESOME!!!

I see the trailer in youtube, and
My jaw drop to the floor.
Well, this game make me cancelled to buy other engine.
Acknex should say thanks to supercan developer.
because their work show the trully potential of A8 Engine.

Again, SUPER AWESOME!!! games made by Acknex engine so far.
Posted By: Quad

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 07:35

the team behind it? guess what? MAINLY the guys who made the kabus22 and c4robot did it(programming wise, considering the great improvement on visual completeness and quality, i am guessing that's where other guys from Sobee kicked in. Artists.). They kind of joined with(rather then acquired by)sobee. Sobee has several other great games like a 11vs11 online footbal game(i mean 22 real players play at the same time) and a full fledged MMORPG taking place in post-apocalyptic Istanbul.

Game will be free about saving the planet, and features MARVEL characters.

http://www.supercanoyun.com/ - check HQ screenshots, beautiful

the web site says comic book of the Süpercan will be also available. maybe from marvel???
Posted By: picoder

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 09:14

SuperCan, C4 Robot, K22: Demolition Day and Kabus 22 were developed with Acknex engine by different turkish companies (SON ISIK, 2GEN, SOBEE) but there are the same guys behind all of them. (Demirden Brothers)
  • Programming & Design: Yasin Demirden
  • Graphics & Design: Yakup Demirden

Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 16:55

I can see how they managed the former games by adding constraints that keep you away from vast landscape sights, but - in case this game actually runs with good fps - this makes me speechless.

Re: SuperCan - 01/06/11 17:05

Way to go, Achim... we have a way to go, in every engine.
Makes me smile and cry alltogether...
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: SuperCan - 01/07/11 01:37

Originally Posted By: Kotakide
SUPER AWESOME!!!

I see the trailer in youtube, and
My jaw drop to the floor.
Well, this game make me cancelled to buy other engine.
Acknex should say thanks to supercan developer.
because their work show the trully potential of A8 Engine.

Again, SUPER AWESOME!!! games made by Acknex engine so far.

Now IF only gamestudio's homepage had a nice HD video showing this and similar games, we'd GET alot more responses like this, guess they dont love money grin
Posted By: FBL

Re: SuperCan - 01/07/11 10:03

There are screenshots hidden somewhere...

http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/gallery.php

The gallery page is done poorly, though.

Re: SuperCan - 01/07/11 14:14

Found this in my emails:

Quote:
Hello! I would like to add a video link to SüperCan title. But i am not member of this forum.

3D cave level of the game was shown at Compex Gamex 2010 fair (in Istanbul on December 2010).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWF72xrRghA

Thank you in advance.

See you.

With 3D glasses! laugh
Posted By: ratchet

Re: SuperCan - 01/12/11 22:21

In fact with skilled 3D artists that can make good textures, lightening and models you can acheive big things in A8,
by avoiding big worlds or too big levels !

Like it has been said lot lot of times, A8 is programmer oriented, so you'll not find lot of good looking games as in Unity that is lot more 3D artist oriented with lot better
workflow.

Well let's hope skilled programmers here, will find skilled
3D artist laugh ?

Re: SuperCan - 01/12/11 23:32

Quote:
In fact with skilled 3D artists that can make good textures, lightening and models you can acheive big things in A8,
Correct.
Quote:
Wrong. Or at least, no more so than other engines.

Jibb
Posted By: Revo

Re: SuperCan - 01/12/11 23:46

Wondered how nobody wrote about this Projekt yet (at first I did not realy believe that it is a A8-game when i found it on the web last holidays).

Hope they maybe will release this game also in other countries / languages.
(but dont think so frown )
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: SuperCan - 01/13/11 08:19

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:

Jibb

Maybe you are right but to show this to the world it would be much better to offer a demo of a bigger world to potential customers just to prove that it can be done. Show the world that you can make huge interiors with BSP and shaders applied! Show them some terrains with tons of instances of animated grass, trees, rocks and normal mapping on terrain, show them how good the realtime shadow cast animated foliage to the ground!

It is very important to convince potential customers that way.

Probably it is not that easy like in theory. I remember that there was a video of a pacific coast demo of the Torque engine around for years but they never released it, they released a rather small hall and an empty terrain as demos in the end.
Posted By: picoder

Re: SuperCan - 01/13/11 09:47

a few screenshots

Re: SuperCan - 01/13/11 15:31

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:

Jibb

Maybe you are right but to show this to the world it would be much better to offer a demo of a bigger world to potential customers just to prove that it can be done. Show the world that you can make huge interiors with BSP and shaders applied! Show them some terrains with tons of instances of animated grass, trees, rocks and normal mapping on terrain, show them how good the realtime shadow cast animated foliage to the ground!

It is very important to convince potential customers that way.

Probably it is not that easy like in theory. I remember that there was a video of a pacific coast demo of the Torque engine around for years but they never released it, they released a rather small hall and an empty terrain as demos in the end.
Sure, I'd gladly offer a demo if I had the time, but I'm working on a game that is intrinsically small-scale. I'm sure my next project will be bigger, but that's a long way away as I haven't even released KarBOOM 0.2 yet (though fingers crossed, it'll be out by this weekend).

The thing is, I'm experienced with A7/A8 and know its capabilities. I've done tests on enormous scales, millions of animated polys on screen at a time, complex shaders, hundreds of lights, shadow systems built for huge outdoor situations... I don't think Ratchet's claims about the capabilities of A7/A8 are substantiated by experience.

Jibb

Re: SuperCan - 01/13/11 20:20

Ok, but no one have seen some big world in A7/A8 with all the stuff you said.
But i agree, i think the last Unity 3D demo could be done
i think with A8 and use of clever LOD, some portals, and
the use of shade-C for shaders.

I know it's lot of time of work with A8.
The strenhght of Unity is that it have aniamted model, grass ,trees, etc ... you can make and test some big terrain level in some 10 minutes wihtout coding : Well workflow is not the subject of this thread laugh

A8 can do it.
The only probel A8 is for coders mainly and people using it are coders mainly.
So don't expect to see as beautifull 3D games like in Unity.

But it can do it if you have skilled 3D artists with you !

Re: SuperCan - 01/14/11 09:09

Originally Posted By: ratchet
A8 can do it.

This still is a theoretical assumption. A demo is the only proof to convince potential customers. I know it from experience. I made some interior tests for several game engines and there are huge differences when you really want to have a smooth and constant FPS rate. The same counts for large outdoors.

Currently I am creating a tech demo for a big game engine. I am under NDA and cant talk about details. But they use a sample world like this not only to show it to customers. They also use it early for testing new features, to see how the engine runs on the aimed platform, to see how texture size, fill rate issues, CPU or GPU can be a limiting factor. Thus you can test (as an example) if it is better to use the co-processor for mathematical operations or not. You can test dynamic or static batching, you can see how much an index buffer for vertices can speed things up, and so on.

A demo is more than just eye-candy, it is a technical playground for programmers and testers. It is important and has nothing to do with this strange debate of programmer's engine vs. art engine. Such thing does not exist. Programmer's and artists always have to work together, otherwise the project will fail.

The best example is supercan, it shows fantastic artwork and there must be good programmers behind it also.

And the workflow debate should not be about artists or programmers, it should be about speed and efficiency, about the fact to deliver in time, to spend your time to the important things.

Re: SuperCan - 01/14/11 20:26

I agree also , the debate don't matter !
Only a demo can speak from itself laugh
That's lot of years A7/A8 never had a big demo (given with the
dev kit), and it will be great if one day they decide to
really make it laugh
It could be done by using next gen models instead of forver old low poly models on A8 !
Bought animated 3D models, and vegetation, pro textures, all that in a terrain with some basic gameplay, kill nearest ennemies AI !

I don't understand why A8 don't have some next gen animated character within it ??
Why not showing the best it can do ? Who can do a lot can do less indeed !
Showing next gen poer of A8 !
If it can do that indeed it can do low poly games on laptop and old PC laugh !!

Well just my commercial point of view !

Re: SuperCan - 01/15/11 11:07

For me A8 goes down the drain when working with MANY entities.
The number of triangles does not matter that much anymore (speaking of ~100 triangles per entity).... but beyond 5000 entities visible at the same time it gets frustratingly slow...

Re: SuperCan - 01/15/11 13:12

Originally Posted By: Firoball
For me A8 goes down the drain when working with MANY entities.
The number of triangles does not matter that much anymore (speaking of ~100 triangles per entity).... but beyond 5000 entities visible at the same time it gets frustratingly slow...

It probably creates too much draw calls then. I dont know much about the insides how it renders, since I cant see the source code of the engine. But to speed things up it has to batch those items. Polygons in the view frustum sharing the same material could be sent all at once to the graphics card as an example.

But another problem can be the entity database. Maybe looking up these thousands of entities is just too slow.

Re: SuperCan - 01/15/11 13:16

I will restructure everything to reduce the entity number by 60 to 70%.

Unfortunately this will not resolve in an equivalent fps increase as I'll have multi textured entities then. This will require more draw calls again.

In my small tests it performed about 30% better than the entity solution, but the whole thing was tested in a small scaled app only.

The real speed behaviour I'll only see after I've adapted everything...

Re: SuperCan - 01/15/11 13:23

Maybe you can cut your static geometry that way, that all polygons with a certain material are in one layer. In LW or Modo I can select a material of a scene. So I can cut it out and put it in an extra layer. So when you have 10 materials you will have 10 submeshes. But this makes only sense for a certain area, like a room. In an outdoor scene you also have to cut it into parts that way, that the view frustum culling can switch it off, when they are no more visible.

Re: SuperCan - 01/15/11 13:35

I need entity based ambient lighting (entity.ambient)... so the albedo and ambient values will differ. Another nightmare is, that EVERYTHING is theoretically dynamic. If I merge stuff which does not belong together by definition, I may break things somewhere else.

But this thread is the wrong place for this discussion. Maybe it should be split.
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: SuperCan - 01/17/11 13:42

this game looks awesome and if it's really made with A8 then
my hat is off for the creators. I am still wondering the txt says it's a free game but how dit they get the licence to use marvel/disney characters. Friends over there ? or a big box with money ? just wondering.

(marvel is part of disney)

Re: SuperCan - 01/17/11 14:15

They are creating the game for TTCocuk. That stands for Turk Telekom Cocuk(children). Turk Telekom is europe's one of the largest(subscriber count?) telecommunication companies. It has a lot of divisions, ISP, telephone, steam-like game distribution, online music distrubition etc. F.i i am currently using TTnet ADSL, ttnet being their ISP division. That's where the money comes from.

I am guessing they already had some kind of deal with Disney and Marvel, i remember seeing Hannah Montana(disney right?) stuff on tv commercials of TTCocuk.

news etc are still Turkish but you can see TTCocuk's english website here:
http://www.ttcocuk.com/home/index.aspx?lang=en
Posted By: Joozey

Re: SuperCan - 01/18/11 11:44

It looks nice but is nobody wondering what iron man, the hulk and spider man are doing in there?

Re: SuperCan - 01/18/11 13:49

basically, helping wannabe superhero SuperCan to save the trees and forests from evil robots
Posted By: romin2011

Re: SuperCan - 01/19/11 15:52

What shaders effects tricks etc they must have used to create such a look? Anybody knows

Re: SuperCan - 01/19/11 16:41

Imo the trick is called "budget".
Posted By: Clemens

Re: SuperCan - 01/29/11 18:40

Does anybody know a release date?

And how to go beyond the logo screen when visiting www.supercanoyun.com (maybe I can't find the button or it's my browser ... or there is nothing more to see, yet!) ?
Posted By: painkiller

Re: SuperCan - 01/29/11 18:44

Some days ago there were some videos and screenshots, but they closed the page with that logo, which says it's soon to be launched. I guees they will leave it closed until release.

Re: SuperCan - 05/06/11 23:09

It seems they have released it
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: SuperCan - 05/06/11 23:26

year, so what to pay or ?!.
When i start the game, just a window pops up with phone numbers and text v.v

Greets
RAckscha

Re: SuperCan - 05/06/11 23:36

downloading. Let me check it out and get back to you wink

Re: SuperCan - 05/06/11 23:46

damm, looks like you have to call the a free line and register your landline phone number(TurkTelekom is a landline provider). and then enter your number to that box.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: SuperCan - 05/07/11 10:29

Here´s a gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXz3iH6toc

They really took out the maximum of gamestudio.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: SuperCan - 05/08/11 14:18

Could anybody call the 0800 number and post the given phone number here? I can`t undersand Turkish, but I wanna play that game wink

Btw.: In the main directory of Supercan are several WDL scripts. Is it possible that Supercan is really scripted in WDL? That would mean that it is made with (a maybe customized) A5 engine, or A6..

Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: SuperCan - 05/08/11 14:31

Or A7 or A8. And there are situations were you want a wdl file in a Lite-C project.

Btw, I guess that its made with A8 because of the "ackphysX.dll"

Re: SuperCan - 05/08/11 15:19

if you delete the wdf file you can see it's A8, i am gonna figure out a way to run this game, without need to call the number.
Posted By: TerraSame

Re: SuperCan - 05/10/11 16:45

The only reason you would need a .wdl file in a C-Lite project is to assist in
creating the Starter window definition which creates a .wdf file that the
engine reads for the start up window.
The .wdl file would have the same name as the main script name...
Posted By: Superku

Re: SuperCan - 05/10/11 19:43

You can use wdl files with c-lite projects for other purposes, such as PATH definitions, too.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: SuperCan - 05/10/11 20:36

I am shocked, they use my fmod3 wrapper... how daring!
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: SuperCan - 05/15/11 02:18

what ? is that bad ?

Re: SuperCan - 05/17/11 03:45

Did anybody manage to play the game so far?

Re: SuperCan - 05/18/11 17:00

So here is the command line parameters needed to run the game:

supercan.exe -nx 270 -pl oyuncu -d defGSQ_3 -d defGPQ_3 -d defGTQ_2 -d defGMQ_3 -d defGGQ_1 -d defGEQ_2 -ip 00000000000 -sn null -d defGRX=1920 -d defGRY=1080

defXXX are for game quality, defgsq_0 being lowest defgsq_3 being highest etc. Check supercan.wdl for possible def_xxx's last 2 defs are initial game resolution.

Re: SuperCan - 05/18/11 17:22

its working! good job Quadraxas!

Re: SuperCan - 05/18/11 17:24

Thanks very much!

The game is absolutly awesome. Graphics are current gen on PC (better than Xbox 360 I think) and the gameplay is very good. Best Gamestudio game I ever played. Really fun.
The turkish language is no problem if you`re familiar with other games. The story is told in comic strips. They are understandable even if you don`t understand a single word laugh . Worth playing!

Edit: Supercan uses Shade-C. BoH_Havoc is in the Credits. The team is pretty small (5 or 6 people).
Posted By: alibaba

Re: SuperCan - 05/18/11 18:36

The game is awesomeness himself!!

Re: SuperCan - 05/18/11 18:44

Got it through, now. The bossfight was incredibly hard. but it was SuperFun! Really.

Some impressions

© 2024 lite-C Forums