Project Giana

Posted By: FBL

Project Giana - 08/26/12 12:45

Very very cool looking kickstarter project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_xDGid1hM

Unfortunately they probably won't be able to collect the money for Ouya port, but there's a good chance they at least acquire the sum to finish the game at all.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 12:55

looks awesome!
i love the switching between the both styles where also the music doesn't even stop but only change
Posted By: Toast

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 13:48

You can also download the demo and play two levels for yourself:
http://project-giana.com/download/

It's one of those games where I'd like to pledge but I'm still not willing to get a credit card just for Kickstarter's Amazon Payment model. Would be cool if it gets funded although with pretty much just 4 days left I doubt they'll get the money still needed...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-giana
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 14:17

time to take one of my old ideas of the shelve laugh great to see some one
creates this reboot of giana sisters that game rocked laugh

i still play the old version on c64 emulator.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 16:09

I am not really into this sort of gametypes, but I have to say this is reaching perfection shocked. The music, graphics (art & technical) and gameplay seem flawless.

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 17:14

Playability is very very very good. I tried the demo and it ran just perfectly fine.
Posted By: lemming

Re: Project Giana - 08/26/12 17:16

I played the demo, seems to be a fun game. The level and music switch is really well done. I hope Machinae Supremacy will do more soundtracks for the game. grin
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Project Giana - 08/27/12 20:32

played it and looooooved it laugh
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Project Giana - 08/28/12 15:53

Graphic and gameplay is nice but the transition between styles and the music are amazing. First time i see something like that in one game.

Re: Project Giana - 08/28/12 21:28

8k to go and 3 days left.

Sounds like they'll make it!
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Project Giana - 08/28/12 21:33

For sure considering that the amount of new pledges where stable for the last days. I'm quite glad about that. laugh
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Project Giana - 08/29/12 04:23

Chris Hülsbeck just composed the best game soundtracks ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mafip6Am99c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvha_2hAzq0

The project looks fun
Im personally still waiting for a well made Turrican 2 Remake
in modern Style.
(And a Soundtrack Remastering than can actually
reach the Amiga original)
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Project Giana - 08/29/12 15:37

I dont know why, but this has to be one of the most boring games(demos) I've ever played. Or maybe I just don't get the whole idea behind it?
yes, yes, I admit it has a great design and everything but... the gameplay feels boring to me.

Re: Project Giana - 08/29/12 16:54

It's excellent classic jump'n run!!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Project Giana - 08/30/12 01:07

Originally Posted By: Sajeth
I dont know why, but this has to be one of the most boring games(demos) I've ever played. Or maybe I just don't get the whole idea behind it?
yes, yes, I admit it has a great design and everything but... the gameplay feels boring to me.

I only watched the video and it seems like there isnt much to it other then visual enthrallment.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Project Giana - 08/30/12 04:16

Played the demo:

looks very nice, but the controls suck.
They made movement much too complicated for a platformer.

Having to use like 6 Keys simultaneously.
That will put casual players and children off.

Just using The Left,Right,Up cursor and Space
would be enough to do all options.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Project Giana - 08/30/12 07:21

nice graphics and effects, but it is really for children.

the transition between the different music styles (together with graphics) is a great idea (but imo applied too often), I will try to do something similar when I step to game music creation stage (it is not too complicated with midi based instruments, or when e.g. guitar is recorded dry, and only software effects are used, I have some experience in it.)
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Project Giana - 08/31/12 19:34

Quote:
the transition between the different music styles (together with graphics) is a great idea (but imo applied too often), I will try to do something similar when I step to game music creation stage (it is not too complicated with midi based instruments, or when e.g. guitar is recorded dry, and only software effects are used, I have some experience in it.)
, to be honest, I dont like transitions between the music in Giana very much. Just like battle music in games like UT 3, it changes pace too often. Maybe you can do in your game that music changes but it loops out and loops in (through each other, so that the change is less noticeable and more subtle). I find these visual transitions adorable though.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Project Giana - 08/31/12 20:53

yes I wrote it too that it happens too often. after a few minutes it could be disturbing...

Re: Project Giana - 08/31/12 21:38

Check the FAQ.

Quote:

Is there a way to stop the music from switching? I prefer one of both music styles/find the transition jarring.

Yes, you'll be able to set in the options menu whether you prefer to hear Chris Hülsbeck's tracks, Machinae Supremacy's, or both.

Please note that the music and transitions are still a work in progress. The transitions are currently at an early stage and will be significantly smoother in the final game.
© 2024 lite-C Forums