Süpercan 2

Posted By: OmegaMu

Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 16:39

I have a good news. "Süpercan 2" coming soon.

Süpercan 2 official teaser:
As you know, this game was made with 3D Gamestudio.

A few pictures from GameX 2012 fair (Istanbul, October 4-7):
Info: www.supercanoyun.com
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 16:41

Very cool! Are you using Gamestudio again für Süpercan 2?

Best wishes,
-Christian

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 17:16

Oops! Sorry. I'm not developer, i'm just a game fan.

A news about Sobee: Demirden Brothers (aka 2GEN team) were divided into from Sobee.

Info: www.2genstudio.com
Posted By: Quad

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 17:28

@HeelX,
Yes they used GameStudio for Süpercan 2.
And afaik, they will keep using it for their upcoming projects.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 17:30

Maybe they will improve their editor and offer it to us!
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/08/12 17:54

we have already discussed a lot about their editor and they didn't wanted even to sell it for 3DGS users !

For what i see their game quality comes A LOT FROM QUALITY TEXTURES and 3D assets !
Even with simple lightening , and less full screen effects, less physics their game would look as great caus the textures are all enought detailled in resolution and very very good !
Same thing for vegetation and plants that are QUALITY 3D assets.

That the area where lot of 3DGS programmers can't shine.
That's not their world editor that made such amazing textures and 3D models laugh

Just look at the video and tell me where is some 3DGS game using such detailled and good textures ?
SuperCan video
Same thing for plants, trees, rocks : QUALITY !

It prooves 3DGS can do visually great if you have great textures and 3D models !

-------------

Anyway i din't find any gameplay video about SuperCan 2 ?

I hope they will give us some demo also laugh

Why it is on Game design ? MOVE IT TO SHOWCASE !
This time this is a game that REALLY deserves the showcase laugh

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/09/12 02:19

I found a short video about Süpercan 2's gameplay. This video has recorded at GameX fair.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/09/12 07:31

seems to be another cool product!
( 2gen editor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=131rjsgtkdc )

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/09/12 20:47

Thanks for the video !
It's hard to see caus bad video, but apparently it seems to be the same quality textures, models etc ... and good quality 3D assets on the level.
That type of quality is what lacks in programmer's world wink

@Sivan : it's not a a product it's their game editor , about some of us already talked a lot in some forum thread laugh
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/09/12 22:16

Quote:
That type of quality is what lacks in programmer's world
, true, but gameplay > graphics tongue.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/09/12 22:45

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
Quote:
That type of quality is what lacks in programmer's world
, true, but gameplay > graphics tongue.

Just think of DOOM...
It's fun. It's really fun! I have more fun playing doom than playing COD (>2)
But what happens if indies combine Graphics and Gameplay?

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/10/12 07:23

I know. product is the game, the video of the editor is just for those who have not seen it in old thread (it shows the editor in 2009).
moreover it is a good example: if you make your own game specific editor, you can achieve more easily - and finally faster - what you want. and later can use it for further games, by continuous development of the same editor. sometimes it is enough to customize an existing game editor by plugins, sometimes requires a totally new one.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/10/12 09:24

Quote:
But what happens if indies combine Graphics and Gameplay?
, yes but most indie developers dont have enough resources (read time and cash) to get both perfect. So you will have to prioritize. I dont say it is wise to ingnore the graphics side entirely as a programmer, I just think gameplay has more priority than grahpics.

One solution for the lack of resources to create great graphics (high poly, high resolution, lots of detail etc.), is to be creative with the art style. Many good indie games have a great art style and so still deliver nice eye candy (nomnom). Though this is easier said than done ofcourse.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/12/12 18:33

Hello!

Süpercan 2 official teaser:
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/12/12 19:09

Maaaannn! I love this game!

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/12/12 19:42

It seems they have reused a good bunch of last SuperCan stuff :
textures, levels, vegetation , rocks ...
But the result is great indeed laugh

3DGS can do it laugh

(But you'll have to spend lot lot of time writing your own 3D editor frown , impossible for non super programmers or 3D artists)

I Hope to see some demo of totally new level soon ?

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/13/12 22:08

I like the underwater levels too, Bethesda could learn something from that.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/13/12 23:13

I watched the video about the 2gen editor. It's neat.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/13/12 23:28

It's a dream for some of 3D artists here :
3DGS with this editor for all people laugh

Re: Süpercan 2 - 10/14/12 11:52

Quite funny that the physics work in the editor too. In video that HeelX mentions, watch the end where the editor moves the ball against a barrel laugh .

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/02/12 01:02

This message has been removed by the user.

Posted By: xbox

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/02/12 17:42

I may be alone on this one, and it's to be expected, but I look at graphics first. Regardless of what the game plays like, It has to look good before I touch it. In my opinion, I hate Borderlands and Borderlands 2 because of the cartoon graphics. We live in a world where realistic graphics are extremely possible, so I don't want to see 8 bit graphics (minecraft) on a console that is quite capable of producing decent HD or even normal resolution graphics.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/02/12 17:59

Supercan looks phantastic.
I don`t like Borderlands that much, too, because of the strange violent comic look. XIII did a better job back in the days.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/03/12 00:32

Originally Posted By: xbox
I may be alone on this one, and it's to be expected, but I look at graphics first. Regardless of what the game plays like, It has to look good before I touch it. In my opinion, I hate Borderlands and Borderlands 2 because of the cartoon graphics. We live in a world where realistic graphics are extremely possible, so I don't want to see 8 bit graphics (minecraft) on a console that is quite capable of producing decent HD or even normal resolution graphics.

Uh, just because it doesnt look real doesnt mean it doesnt look good. minecraft is made in such a way that it is NOT able to do a lot of realistic things because of the type of game it is. Evanescence sucks as a band. because amy lee has a bad voice? no. because its good enough that she feels she has to hold notes for 8 minutes in every line because of it, just because you can does not mean you should.
Originally Posted By: Rondidon
Supercan looks phantastic.
I don`t like Borderlands that much, too, because of the strange violent comic look. XIII did a better job back in the days.

I agree, XIII was a beautiful game. simple easy to produce graphics, but still a great comic book aesthetic style.
Posted By: xbox

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/03/12 14:09

And that's why I said I am alone on this one.

There is nothing what so ever wrong with Evanescence. Amy Lee is abso-fu**ing-lutley amazing, and the band would not be the same with out her. BRB, got to go listen to Evanescence...
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/03/12 15:23

Your argument is just not correct, the graphic of Minecraft is even so complex that consoles can't handle it completely.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/04/12 23:25

It has to look good before I touch it. In my opinion, I hate Borderlands and Borderlands 2 because of the cartoon graphics. We live in a world where realistic graphics are extremely possible, so I don't want to see 8 bit graphics (minecraft) on a console that is quite capable of producing decent HD or even normal resolution graphics.

Why do you need so super ultra realistic graphics on your PC ??
Nothing will replace some real car for example , with real power and sensations !
Same thing, your PC will never replace real outdoor games with friends or a real meeting with a real girl in front of you.

Forget ultra realistic ... it's not the real world ... exit from the matrix laugh

And sorry, but life is already very serious and hard some times , that i prefer evading and entertaining games more than realistic.
Even if i play some games like Dishonored, NFS Most Wanted that looks more realistic than Borderlands.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/05/12 15:38

Originally Posted By: xbox
And that's why I said I am alone on this one.

There is nothing what so ever wrong with Evanescence. Amy Lee is abso-fu**ing-lutley amazing, and the band would not be the same with out her. BRB, got to go listen to Evanescence...

to each their own tongue and hey, im alone on hating evanesence laugh so i know the feeling.

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/05/12 16:09

hehh, some years ago I was accidentally invited to be a guitarist in a Hungarian copy band of Evanescence grin all the musicians were pro, including the singer girl, it had a good management, I could earn some money, but I said "no thanks". later they made a video, maybe an EP, and disappeared fortunately... I rather established my underground metal band laugh
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/05/12 16:12

Could someone please explain to me what the internets hive mind opinion on Evanesence is? I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to hate or like them after reading this thread frown

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/05/12 17:38

in general they are considered a good band. I just have qualms with the overdone vocal laugh talk about off topic

EDIT: OT becaue of me, but OT nevertheless tongue

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/09/12 15:22

Supercan 2 was released today.

You will need to register a username and password to play the game.

Süpercan 2 demo:
http://patch.supercanoyun.com/download/supercan2_kur.exe

Register:
http://www.supercanoyun.com

Ad Soyad / Name Surname
Kullanici Adi / Username
E-posta / E-mail
Sifre / Password
Sehir / City ("Yurtdisi" / Other Country)

Buy:
http://www.playstore.com/#!/oyun/supercan-2

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/09/12 15:58

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Could someone please explain to me what the internets hive mind opinion on Evanesence is? I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to hate or like them after reading this thread frown

If you like it, you are supposed to like it, no matter what others say or the "hive".
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Süpercan 2 - 11/09/12 16:20

Originally Posted By: OmegaMu
You will need to register a username and password to play the game.

I'd really love to test play the game but I do not understand why I should register first to do so. Seriously, why making it more uncomfortable than necessary?
© 2024 lite-C Forums