question: software license types

Posted By: sivan

question: software license types - 02/06/13 11:25

hi,

I just think of stepping out of freeware category by my editor, but do not really plan to earn much, just get a little money if somebody uses it for making commercial products. maybe it has a little probability, and it's hard to find and prove that it was used, but what license possibilities do I have now?
there are some ready international categories, it would be the best if someone could suggest me one or two... taking into account that currently I can't give invoice (I know taxing after recieving money for a software can differ in each country singificantly). I don't know asking in this situation a certain donation is legal or not.
thanks.
maybe easier to stay freeware, and simply not to share what I don't want to give for free laugh
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: question: software license types - 02/06/13 17:11

You should make a demo version to make people interested, but disable the right features so its not crackable, best is to remove them on the demo laugh
Posted By: Det

Re: question: software license types - 02/06/13 19:28

Also you can make a >Shareware Version or a Trial Version.So that People test your Progamm for 30 Days and then they buy it or not.

Re: question: software license types - 02/07/13 08:04

and I have another option, to give the editor for free, but without the scripts needed to load the levels into a custom game. (wmb and $$m export is ensured, but they cannot have the same appearance without my scripts) maybe I keep the previous version with scripts for free, as it was really for free/extra users... hmm.. don't know.
Posted By: gri

Re: question: software license types - 02/07/13 08:51

release it as Nagware. full features but dayly increasing boot time. If your editor is that nice than people pay some bucks for remove this nagging stuff.

Re: question: software license types - 02/07/13 10:39

grin that woudl be annoying grin and an installer to be made...

Re: question: software license types - 02/07/13 12:18

As I said dont release the full version with all features, Someone will crack it for sure, even just for test purpose, I love cracking things <3 xD
Posted By: gri

Re: question: software license types - 02/08/13 16:47

Originally Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r
As I said dont release the full version with all features, Someone will crack it for sure, even just for test purpose, I love cracking things <3 xD

hey good to know. Im working on an ressourcepacker because I have A8 com. I need skilled testers when its ready.
Posted By: Dveyee

Re: question: software license types - 05/12/13 02:50

Well if someone really wanted the software and they had no concern for copyrights and legal agreements, then they would eventually find a cracked version online. But for everyone else who follow the law: they'd pay for the legit copy.

Besides, not even big companies like Adobe and Microsoft can stop people from pirating their software. The best an individual developer can do is hope the honesty system is honoured.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: question: software license types - 10/20/13 12:08

Originally Posted By: gri
Im working on an ressourcepacker because I have A8 com. I need skilled testers when its ready.

I am working also on a resource packer. Interesting.
Posted By: rojart

Re: question: software license types - 10/20/13 17:14

Originally Posted By: sivan

As pro user don't forget the sys_trial function.

Re: question: software license types - 10/20/13 18:14

Originally Posted By: rojart
Originally Posted By: sivan

As pro user don't forget the sys_trial function.

Well, reversing a registry call is not very hard xD
My debugger even has got a nice plugin where you can mark special win APIs for breakpointing. But normal users wont try to crack it anyways as mentioned before laugh
Posted By: rojart

Re: question: software license types - 10/26/13 19:05

By cheap price the hacker will not crack it also, maybe wink
Posted By: Feindbild

Re: question: software license types - 10/26/13 20:52

Originally Posted By: rojart
By cheap price the hacker will not crack it also, maybe wink

This must be why 0.79$ apps are some of the most pirated software on the internet.
© 2024 lite-C Forums