Project Zula

Posted By: Buhar

Project Zula - 10/02/13 17:33

I have a good news for you from Turkey.

Project Zula is an upcoming MMOFPS, devoloped by MadByte Games with Acknex engine.

MadByte Games Development Director Yasin Demirden, talks about the game engine used in Project Zula and why this engine was chosen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfYIkvLaPI (only Turkish)

Info: http://www.madbytegames.com/
Posted By: rayp

Re: Project Zula - 10/02/13 17:43

Its only one screen ... but this one looks pretty good. wow. Please keep us up2date on this project, if possible.

greets
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Project Zula - 10/02/13 17:58

If you want, i can translate that interview

Re: Project Zula - 10/02/13 18:54

This would be cool alibaba ! if u take the time would be great.

Re: Project Zula - 10/02/13 19:59

"Hi People,
today i´m gonna answer one of the most asked question, why we use the Acknex Engine.
First i´m going to talk about the engine:
We use the acknex engine, made by german developers.
Now i´ll give you 3 reasons, why we´ve choosen the acknex engine.
The first reson:
We use this engine since 12 years, created a variety of games, like Kabus 22, SüperCan or C4Robot.
This means we have a lot of experience with this engine, we know every aspect of it, may it be the problems, workarounds whatever.
We have the full control over it.
The second reason is:
We created lot´s of tool for our workflow, like a shader editor, physic edtior, level editor and more. We improved the engine and our workflow.
We now have a big know-how about everything.
Last but not least:
Yes, other engines may be better, more advanced and easier to use.
But the minimum system requirements of these engines are set too high for our target.
We want that our games work on older systems and on notebooks, integrated gfx cards and the like.
We of course also want to achieve good grafics, which can keep up with todays technology.
Because of this we choose this Engine, because as you can see in SüperCan it worked pretty good!
This is why we continue with Acknex!"

Re: Project Zula - 10/02/13 20:36

Thanks alot alibaba for taking your time !
Feels good to read in these days.

Quote:
We created lot´s of tool for our workflow, like a shader editor, physic edtior, level editor and more. We improved the engine and our workflow.
The linked screenshot shows u guys seem to have full control over acknex. I really like the shot, guess never seen something better looking done with this engine ( ok besides Harry Potter's water - castle scene ^^ ). And iam quite sure we all here around know SüperCan very well. Tasty looking piece of software. You showed what still is possible.

Quote:
But the minimum system requirements of these engines are set too high for our target.
If i remember right most gamer using no "killer" machines, so this is sure a good decision. Valve made a overview in the context of Left4Dead engine development, there ive read about it.

Quote:
This is why we continue with Acknex!"
Great.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Project Zula - 10/03/13 07:17

finally some great news, the game is very promising, hopefully now they make an English version of the game too...

Re: Project Zula - 10/03/13 08:19

There you have your AAA title now wink
It is very promising, because this team released some great games in the past.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Project Zula - 10/03/13 09:13

tl;dr: Acknex sucks, but we stick to it because we build a solid toolchain around it over the time.

Honestly, while I like that there is an AAA title coming up made with Acknex, that interview doesn't speak for it at all.
PS: Thanks for the translation Ali laugh

Re: Project Zula - 10/03/13 10:14

Originally Posted By: JustSid
tl;dr: Acknex sucks, but we stick to it because we build a solid toolchain around it over the time.

Yeah, that´s pretty much the core argument grin

Originally Posted By: JustSid

PS: Thanks for the translation Ali

No Problem laugh
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Project Zula - 10/04/13 11:28

Good news, I hope you guys keep us up to date concerning your projects!! laugh

Re: Project Zula - 05/09/14 18:42

A Turkish video gaming website did a video interview with Zula's game producer Özgür Soner last month.

http://www.bolumsonucanavari.com/VideoIn...-8786-html5.htm
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Project Zula - 05/09/14 19:22

This made with Acknex!? http://heahea.org/img/389-Impossibru.jpg

Any gameplay info besides mmofps? Will the game be like a massive deathmatch game? Or more mission focussed?
Posted By: Talemon

Re: Project Zula - 05/12/14 11:20

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
This made with Acknex!? http://heahea.org/img/389-Impossibru.jpg

Any gameplay info besides mmofps? Will the game be like a massive deathmatch game? Or more mission focussed?

Hey, I'm one of the two game programmers on the project. It's a multiplayer FPS game similar to Wolfteam, Point Blank, CS:O etc.. The term MMOFPS is used a bit incorrectly all around the industry because these games are not massive like the MMORPGs are massive. The massiveness comes with the fact that there a lot of players gathering around lobbies and play together on central servers.

We will soon release more info about the project as we approach the release date.

Thanks for the support btw!

Re: Project Zula - 05/12/14 20:37

Thanks for the information, Talemon.

And a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CF06mYVlmc

This video was shared today on the Turkish gaming magazine OyunGezer's website.

Source: http://oyungezer.com.tr/haber/37296-zula-haritalar-onbakis-videosu
Posted By: Emre

Re: Project Zula - 05/12/14 21:25

Looks really cool. Keep up the good work guys!
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Project Zula - 05/12/14 22:30

Great work guys! And please do not forget place your project(s) in Showchase section wink.

Re: Project Zula - 05/13/14 08:01

it would be so great if you were make some blog posts about the game development process, workflow, good/bad experiences with A8 engine, in English if possible laugh (there are many words in Hungarian having Turkish origin but unfortunately they are rather agriculture related, not pc game development...) probably it would be very interesting for us.

Re: Project Zula - 05/13/14 08:11

Originally Posted By: sivan
it would be so great if you were make some blog posts about the game development process, workflow, good/bad experiences with A8 engine, in English if possible laugh (there are many words in Hungarian having Turkish origin but unfortunately they are rather agriculture related, not pc game development...) probably it would be very interesting for us.

We have a development vlog but unfortunately for you, it's in turkish. The development schedule is a bit tight these days but I will try to write a postmortem once the dust settles down.

Re: Project Zula - 05/13/14 09:11

okay thanks! maybe google translator can help a bit. but as I see they are videos...

Re: Project Zula - 05/14/14 12:51

Originally Posted By: Talemon
Hey, I'm one of the two game programmers on the project. It's a multiplayer FPS game similar to Wolfteam, Point Blank, CS:O etc.. The term MMOFPS is used a bit incorrectly all around the industry because these games are not massive like the MMORPGs are massive. The massiveness comes with the fact that there a lot of players gathering around lobbies and play together on central servers.

We will soon release more info about the project as we approach the release date.

Thanks for the support btw!
, that clarifies alot, tnx! And I'm happy to hear it is more like e.g. CS:O. More than sixteen is always a crowd anyways wink.

Re: Project Zula - 05/14/14 21:00

A few screenshots:

Source: http://ingamegroup.com
Posted By: Superku

Re: Project Zula - 05/15/14 07:27

Looks fantastic! However, I'm really missing some sort of anti-aliasing here.

Re: Project Zula - 05/15/14 11:25

Graphics wise it looks mighty fine.

If it is not yet too early to ask: what would/will make Project Zula superior and/or more fun compared to other shooters like CS:GO? (maybe it is a bit of a harsh comparing this to AAA, but still can't ignore them)

Re: Project Zula - 05/19/14 10:53

A few images:

Source: http://ingamegroup.com
Posted By: Benni003

Re: Project Zula - 05/26/14 12:15

It looks GREAT :-)

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 14:09

Did Zula is finished? I ask beacuse i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MzhW_nIzwY.
If someone can translate or explain what is going on it would be cool. Thanks!

Btw this should be moved in Project forum?
Posted By: DLively

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 16:48

Wow... It's Beautiful laugh
Posted By: Quad

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 19:24

Video intro
Quote:

July 10th, 2014
Zula's first internet cafe performance and stability test
<Thanks Message>

Video description
Quote:

MMOFPS game Zula that MadByte Games' have been continously developing for the past 2 yeats have been played outside it's home for the first time.

While our crew is happy that game is working without issues alongside internet cafe software and internet cafe installation/deployment methods, we are working on the bugs we found on some of the game modes and evaluating our valued testers' comments about the game.

<Thanks Message>

I do not have audio right now, i may or may not translate the audio if i have time/remember to come back here.

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 20:14

Beta testing is almost finished, this is great news. Thank you Quad, and yes - if you get time to translate some parts from video, for sure i will back for more news wink

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 20:19

I cant believe my eyes ... getting a hard one ...

best 3dgs shots ive have ever seen !!!
Posted By: Quad

Re: Project Zula - 09/10/14 21:09

Got headphones.Not anything too interesting but rough audio translation:

around 0:42 mark:
Cool guy in grey shirt is Özgür Soner, one of the Founders the company and Exec. Producer of the project afaik also the project lead/manager. He is also founder and manager of a game publishing company,Lokum Games, which also publishes Zula. His past projects includes mmorpg games with 1 to 1.5m players. He is basically the manifestation of the game industry in Turkey (unlike some people self-acclaiming the title, this dude actually deserves it).

NOTE: not exactly a translation but summary of what he is talking about:
Quote:
... your feedback is really important, so let's play some more and get more feedback. At the end of the testing we will hand you a survey form, so you can tell us what you like and what you do not like, so we can improve the game based on your feedback. Not Korean,not Chinese, completely Turkish work, keep that in mind wink ...

Chinese/Korean remark is because that most of the f2p mmofps games (some wildly popular in Turkish internet cafe scene) are work of chinese/korean companies.

around 2:06 mark, guy in white shirt(don't know/can't figure out who he is, probably one of the project members(may be developer/designer/artist))
He is explaining a game mode but it cuts in to it from the middle:
Quote:

... meanwhile you become immune for 3 seconds, you do not take any damage. One player becomes "target", rest hunts him/her down. Alright. You can see the target's picture/avatar and the name on bottom-right of the screen. ...

Also I'd like to note that this is not a 4-5 person project that they are doing in their free time. it's kind of a upper-class indie game with full time large team with really good funding and investors. Can't talk about such financial details of the projects further wink

Re: Project Zula - 09/27/14 10:13

Zula is finally revealed, closed beta sign-ups begin on September 29.

Info: www.zulaoyun.com

Re: Project Zula - 09/29/14 13:26

I can't register and download. Can someone help me with this?
It's a pity that there is no page on English, google translator this time was not help me to much crazy .

Re: Project Zula - 09/29/14 14:10

Originally Posted By: Iglarion
I can't register and download. Can someone help me with this?
It's a pity that there is no page on English, google translator this time was not help me to much crazy .

Hey there, we've just released the website and we're only accepting closed beta applications. The game is not available yet so you can't download it right now.
Also, it's currently targeted to a turkish audience, I don't think you would be selected for the beta if you're not from turkey. We've got a SMS verification system and it won't send messages to numbers from abroad.
We'll share more when the game is in the open beta period.

Re: Project Zula - 09/29/14 14:49

Hey, thanks for info. Zula looks like a great game, certainly the best created with Acknex engine, and we eagerly waiting for more news. Good luck with beta testing!

Re: Project Zula - 09/30/14 07:41

congrats for the great job! and patience for bug-hunting laugh

if the game will be out and you have a little time, you could release later a little demo in English. but probably an offline demo would be not so exciting...

Re: Project Zula - 10/07/14 20:29

I just found two fresh videos, looks really good. Great job guys! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFlf9XEFtt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ98cxXC1N8

Re: Project Zula - 10/08/14 10:55

I really miss some metallic reflections (maybe because of my recent UE4 testing). Are those videos on highest quality settings?
Posted By: picoder

Re: Project Zula - 10/09/14 07:11

Both of them are on low quality settings.
For highest quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CF06mYVlmc

Re: Project Zula - 10/09/14 19:49

thanks, I remember I saw it, the reflections on the car seem fine, hopefully from close view too (e.g. on weapons), and runs fast enough in-game. I'm sure more better videos are coming.

Re: Project Zula - 10/09/14 20:32

Sivan, here is new one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9A4-UiJWgM

City map looks really great.

Re: Project Zula - 10/09/14 21:06

yeah, the environment is really cool. I realized only after some minutes that there are no dynamic shadows at all. Maybe it would be difficult because of the mixed indoor outdoor levels...
© 2024 lite-C Forums