* 5 dynamic lights
* HDR rendering
* Parallax occlusion mapping
* Ambient occlusion mapping
* Translucence
* Volumetric light and fog
* Glow
* Particle systems
* Postprocessing: motion blur, radial blur, depth of field, color correction, Sobel filter, refraction, stereo mode

Have Fun!
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 14:59

Even with all the lowest settings the fps on my pc isn't higher than 12fps.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 15:00

What is this engine.who make it?
Posted By: ello

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 15:08

Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 15:36

Really nice Engine... Ill get 1 FPS in the Demo ... I have loaded the Movie too

But the Prices are a little bit too much (for me )

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: TimeOut

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 15:41

With all deatials i have 40 fps and my computer is 1 1/2 years old.
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 16:05

Hiya.

Hehehe...cute. It's only $5000, plus 3% or 5% royalty, and you can make ONE game with it...then you have to buy again. What a deal. Oh, sorry, that's the "special low price" deal they have going on.

[EDIT]
Just tried the demo. Frame rate was ok (about 27 in OpenGL, and about 40 in DX). But honestly, didn't really "wow" me. Maybe $1000 worth of "wow", but FAR from $5000 worth of "wow". Then again, it's just a fly-through. Let me have a fully featured, working DEMO for me to play with for a month and I might be more "wowed".

Posted By: Wicht

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 16:16

Benchmark: I got 63.9 FPS with default settings.

All Options on, 1280x1024, 8x antialiasing, anisotropy 16x and so on ... 39 fps.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 16:34

Boys, your complaining about fps and prices sounds funny to me. Did you ever look at the feature list? Did you ever compare those features to other engines? Do you know how long they have been working on this? Did you see the video?

The price is 1500 and a second payment when you launch the game. This is not a 100 $ engine but it also is not build to create another clone of Tetris or PacMan. This one is for serious ambitious projects looking nearly as good as a movie. You need good artworks, a team and can build a game for modern hardware.

And when you are able to manage such a project then of course this price is a bargain. And since you need years to complete such a game it is no problem to pay per title.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 17:11

the FPS is one of the most important figures.
To assess the quality of the engine, you need to test
it on the average customers machine, when the game gets shipped.
So it is always valid to ask how it performs.
The other thing is, that in an actual game, more than just the grafix of this
one level is beeing processed...
I dont really have a computer that runs these new engines, so I can not
test how it is compared to other engine demos..
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 18:27

12fps of fun. Can't. Wait. Hype!!
Posted By: demiGod

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 18:32

I have got 6fps who is going to win?

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 18:33

I get about 20-50 fps with my 2-years-old pc. But you can switch off all shaders if you want then speed doubles.
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 05/31/07 19:34

I've got a descent frame rate, but not enought , on my new Dual Core and GeForce 7600 Gt , on 1280*1024 with Vsynch and Full screen , No Depth Of Field and no Motion Blurr !

The problem with their demo, there is very few polygins , some lights , and shaders , too simple scene.
No animated characters : and that's somethings that eat lot of FPS depending
on character polygons ,animation methods etc ... No physics also ...
Well
It's far from a complete game running with panels , particles effects , AI , bigger world with grass management ,buildings , animated characters ,physics etc
... only a complete game demo can show you if the engine can handle a real next gen game !

Like you said Frank :
"This one is for serious ambitious projects looking nearly as good as a movie. You need good artworks, a team and can build a game for modern hardware"

But this is hobby game making , or fun , or lonewolf playing ,
it's not really big money game making here even if some pople make a lot !
The commercial serious next gen teams don't post on forums usuallay
(not enought time and only tons of work )
Posted By: William

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 04:02

Nice to see this is still in development. If it turns out good without too many bugs, it'll probably be a good alternative to many indie developers. I don't think the price is too expensive if it offers a decent workflow alongside it's features.
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 06:56

runs at about 60-150 fps for me, no problems at all..

This looks like a standard shader 2.0 or 3.0 engine, nothing really remarkable.. lots of standard effects like shadow maps, projected texture, volume fog, steep parrallax, etc. Comparable to Unreal 3, etc..nothing new..

Its still a far cry from "photo realistic" (whatever that really means)..
Posted By: capanno

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 07:23

It sure has a good toolset, and that's what Im willing to pay for.

It has a very nice physics engine.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 07:45

The Demo itself looks rather impressive , I do agree with the fact that it's a rather simple level , but the rendering is very good and very detailed, however I only get 1-2 fps on it with my comp : \ , though this is an older system , and I'm sure if I ran the Unreal 3 engine on here it would go just as slow if it runs at all. Their pricing system is very fair and affordable , $1500 upfront with $3500 after once/if you get funding is actually an incredible deal for such a piece of technology (remember UE3 is around $750,000). All in all it looks really good , but due to my lack of an up to date system I cant really appropriately comment on it's performance other than it's gfx which are undoubtedly outstanding accompanied by a rather impressive feature engine feature list. I'm definately keeping this engine in mind for future projects.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 10:32

I love the through-the-window effect... WOW...!
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 15:28

Here I have to agree with Frank, the engine really is a wow. The tech demos purpose is not to show a full functional game, it has to focus on the TECHNOLOGY. (though as TheExpert said, the demo left us without animations and physics in general, but I think the developers decided to focus on graphics this time...)

And Matt, you know yourself much better than most of the people on this forum that photo realistic material is a matter of art with engines like this. What the engine "looks like" is a matter of art as well. You can't expect photon mapped fairies from every engine...

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 18:20

"TheExpert said, the demo left us without animations and physics in general"

Yeah the engine looks good like some other ones , but the level is too simple for my taste and to know if the engine can handle real gaming scene you need
to put animated meshes with shadows , together with grass/tree management, particle effects, distange management(LOD and other artifacts),
physics, panels all that together ...

Well enought talk, perhaps some people here will try / buy it and show us
some demo more complete one day ?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 20:39

Quote:

You can't expect photon mapped fairies from every engine...

Damn!! I was so hoping for photon mapped fairies!

Engine is looking good, but quite slow. At least for this kind of tech demo it seems to be slow, about 80fps lol,

Cheers
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 21:04

I'll come out from behind my smartaleck post above.

I averaged somewhere around 20-25 fps and it dipped into the teens with DOF and that one blur option enabled. The DOF seemed to be the culprit, though. I've got a 2.4ghz Pentium IV 512 RAM and a GeForce 7600 GS 512RAM. It did look cool, though, and it has a nice feature set. The price seems fair for what you're getting, but I'm guessing all of this can be done in good ol' 3DGS if you have the proper shaders (A6 or and esp. A7).

Our main concern is having it all handy dandy at our fingertips in some kind of easy to get at way. That's actually a very strong selling point, IMHO (you can't beat user friendly access). I guess that's what all the features being added to WED in recent updates is all about, though. You've gotta see the big picture and try and read Conitec's mind when it comes to this.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/01/07 21:33

40 fps (high details)
With this 1 year old computer
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 05:31

All those shaders can be done in 3DGS, but 3DGS would run @ < 1 FPS

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 08:12

Have to agree with xXxGuitar511 and disagree with OrangeBrat (like always, sorry Brat). But this demo shows parallax mapping, projected textures, reflection, refraction, depth of field, real-time shadows, particles, volumetric fog and 500,000 polygons - all at the same time.

I checked a little corridor (a model no blocks) with a few hundret polygons and a simple 2-light-normal-map shader in Gamestudio and get less fps.

Check it out yourself. You cannot do this in GS.

TheExpert:
I checked some other demos of this engine and they show really impressive physics, animated robots walking correctly on top of a terrain, water with physical correctly swimming objects, tons of physics objects at the same time and much more.
This demo is quite slow because of 500,000 polygons and a dozen shaders working at the same time plus volumetric fog at the ground and real-time lighting.

Did you try to enable those flying fireballs in the demo? Look at the real-time shadows: soft, fast and no visual errors. This is amazing.

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 09:20

OK Frznk_G
if you say you've tested a demo on your PC with all you said ,
polygons, animated characters , physics alla running smoothly with
some shaders , than ok , the engine is really next gen efficient.

But we should also have such demo to test it.

Strane you say the temple scene have 500 000 ploys ?
i talk about the temple demo that is a simple room , simple 3D models with bump map and shaders ... i don't know if we can turn wireframe display to check this out ?
Posted By: rojart

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 09:23

I know one AFTERFALL game project, that uses this Unigine game engine.

Description of Afterfall Game Engine

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 09:32

Quote:

i talk about the temple demo that is a simple room , simple 3D models with bump map and shaders ... i don't know if we can turn wireframe display to check this out ?

You can read that at their website and you can switch wire frame on in the demo. And you can move camera freely and go to the statues. The angel with wings for example is not a simple model as well as all the other detail objects in this room.

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 16:56

OK sorry Frank_G.

And the project using it , above your post , is animated models with
normal mapps it seems, shadaows, dynamic light ...
Well it seems Uningine is one among some other
complete Next Gen engine with all tools needed.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: New Unigine Real-Time Demo - 06/02/07 23:57

Quote:

Quote:

You can read that at their website and you can switch wire frame on in the demo. And you can move camera freely and go to the statues. The angel with wings for example is not a simple model as well as all the other detail objects in this room.

It's mostly about 200.000 to 350.000 polygons in sight at the same time though.. press 1 and press 2 a few times. I don't quite think the statues are all thát high poly either, but they are looking good enough to represent the current standard. I like this engine so far, except it's price tag, even if it's justified,

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums