Another Intense X Post

Posted By: Ilidrake

Another Intense X Post - 09/07/07 19:26

Okay, I've been all over the forums reading the various Intense X forums but there is nothing concrete on it. Is it dead or will it ever be released? I really would like to have it.
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Another Intense X Post - 09/08/07 10:57

probably he are waiting for a7 templates
that templates now can be easy compatible
with other code

and also probably are make a conversion to litec
Posted By: ozziedave

AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/22/07 07:39

There seems to be no more interest from Intense X, which is a pity
because even the entry version does not work fully.

Ah well another dud Investment in Software.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/22/07 11:45

Larry should released the codes as open source with the promise that the community will refound him in some way, in the future.
Posted By: ghostryder

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 00:53

This is a shame. When basic was released it was proclaimed the only thing holding up comercial or professional was the manual and that both releases would soon follow.

People bought the basic with hopes for upgrading - but then these guys just dissappeared.

I was interested in the comercial or professional but alas it looks like it's a dead deal and Intense X could have been the premiere add on for A7.

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 11:13

There is a sort of curse: all the ai system deads before the prototyping phase.
Most probably this kind of software required too much effort for a hobbistic programmer, it need to be a real job. Conitec should hire someone to make it and sell as add one.
Posted By: LarryLaffer

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 13:16

It's a curse alright...

Hello everyone,

I did stop the progress on IntenseX, but not because i gave up on it, but cause I spent the last 6 weeks in a hospital.

Two months ago i bought a new bike, cause my last one got stolen (it was a piece of junk anyway). So i bought this beauty, brand new. While I was breaking in the engine at some mountain place i've never been before, i went overly excited trying to take the turns as fast as possible, got into the opposite lane and got struck with a Polo, with me ending up on the car's windscreen and finally on the street a few meters further. Luckily I was wearing a helmet, but my right feet got crashed pretty good and i had to have two surgeries to get it fixed, and i'm still due for one more surgery in a month from now. Now, i'm just lying around the house here and there, trying to figure out ways to sit on my computer desk and all that..

For what is worth, here's some pics of me and my foot. Not pretty, but it sure made me think twice about driving like a madman, so it may work on someone else in here as well..

So what happens from this point.. I lost my part time job on an internet cafe (i needed that to pay for the bike, which i'm now trying to sell), there's a good chance i'm losing the contract made for Mother's den due to lack of communication the last 6 weeks, i'll be stuck at home for 3-6 months before i can walk again, and the only thing i got left now is.. IntenseX . I never gave up on it, i would be crazy, it IS done.. i just thought i'd make it compatible with A7 and the new templates before releasing, but whatever.. i'll think things through again, and maybe i'll just try to release whatever i can as soon as possible, as it has been a while since last update. I just took a peek on conitec's feature page and the A7 templates are still on 80%, so i won't delay IntenseX even more, waiting for that to get finished.

Finally, while i was in the hospital, my website and domain expired, so i lost the site and my email address, which i'm getting back again in a few days. I just want to apologise to all IntenseX customers for the lack of support these last 6 weeks, and if someone requested a new serial key that I couldn't deliver. I'll do what I can to get everything back on track as soon as possible, and i'll make a fresh start on getting all IntenseX editions released. I'm never giving up on this project, and i will get this done no matter what happens next..

Thanks everyone for your big patience,
Yours,
Aris
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 13:50

I wish you all the best with the project and hope that your foot will be okay again.

PS: Thanks for the motor-bike warning. I will stick to my car then
Posted By: Poison

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 14:00

OMGGGGGGG

what is THAT!!!!!!
Aris I wish you very very much all the BEST

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/26/07 15:31

[censored]! Larry , take care about yourself ,right now. let the foot heal and do fisioteraphy for the leg muscles that may shrunk because the inactivy.
I got nasty injuries , too.

Regards to Intense X, you may upload your former website in this circuit and obtain a freewebspace. Sorry but after the departure of Mithik Ai, the other Ai with fuzzy logic (don't rememnber the name) people tend to be diffident.

http://it.altervista.org/

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/27/07 18:05

Ouch!

I'm not sure what others think about the ways to approach the furture in regards to intense X. Is everyone going to go A7 so soon? How many versions of A7 will it take to iron out serious bugs in the engine and the templates? A6 took quite some time and I for one am hesitant to move my projects over to A7 at the moment.

I may but I want to see working templates and working SED and working MED and so on. Because of the fixed bones issue it's very tempting. But others may just be fine with finishing with A6. So- maybe two versions for both crowds?

Your decision probably will lay heavily on mine as intense X will save me a ton of work.

Other than that if web hosting is a major problem send me a PM as I have domains available--

my Bill is coming due and I buy in two year lots. 8 domains - 500G traffic and space with ecommerce-

Like you my credit cards are maxed and I haven't figured out yet how I'm paying for the next two year bundle- but one way or another i will and if you need web hosting let me know-
Posted By: Marcus729

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/28/07 00:49

Aris,

If there is anything I can do to help just drop me a PM.

I hope you get better quickly and I hope your contract on Mother's Den is salvageable.

Best of Luck,
Marcus
Posted By: TeutonicDarkness

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/28/07 01:28

Aris,

Didn't know you ride...

Ouch...

I ride myself Suzuki 800 VX...
I'll be sure to tame it down a bit
and be more carefull.

I wouldn't worry about Intense X untill you are ready
... Never had any doubts about you finishing since
that thread we had a discusion in.

Not Really worried about A7 myself....
Hell I barely use A6 ..and Intense X would be the Only Reason
to get me to crawl out from under my A5 software rendering
rock....

but anyway back on track get well soon bro..
and I wish you the best of luck on everything.

*** Teutonic Darkness ***
Posted By: testDummy

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD *DELETED* *DELETED* - 09/28/07 04:46

Post deleted by testDummy
Posted By: RAFU

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/28/07 05:56

Quote:

::I'll delete this later. It is too much, even for me.::

No testdummy, I think its just the right amount.

Re: AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/28/07 06:12

Well it's not like he was totally irresponsable and reckless- he didn't say he ran off and got married.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Get Well Soon - LarryLaffer - 09/28/07 07:40

Hope you get well real soon, I know what its like to loose Sites, Jobs and so on due to illness and accidents but if you can find a way to get comfy on the machine you should be ok
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Get Well Soon - 09/29/07 05:41

@Larry: Good luck with the recovery. I've been there. I "played" with a box crusher in late '99 and almost got my left forearm ripped off, so I know all about the staying at home for months ordeal. I actually discovered 3DGS during my downtime, so maybe it was a good thing. I've been here every since.

Now, that you have up to 6 months of downtime, maybe you can implement some adv. game friendly features into the pathfinding portion. I look forward to the day that I can use it and click on a vertical wall and have my player walk to the point on the ground that's closest/legal to it.

Heh heh, sorry, I just had to slip that in there. LOL. Again, good luck and stay away from bikes.

NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/30/07 05:13

Hi Larry,

I now feel awful over the Dead As A Dodo Heading of my last e-mail, but have been burnt a few times in the past.

The injuries look nasty, I hope they heal ok.

The way foreword at the moment would be to finish and sell your terrific 3DGS add-on, as I said once before it is
the most advanced AI for any reasonably priced 3D Game system on the market anywhere in the world today.

I am starting to get excited at the future prospect of your software availability.

Rest that leg and get better soon.

Ozzie
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 09/30/07 09:13

Larry sorry for your accident

For me is possible to pay before have the product or pay month to month to your finish the best plugin for gamestudio

I know other produtcs use that tecnique pay month to month for have the product update and have a stable incoming of money

or a pre-order or any you can think I don't know if other user can pay before have the program in his hands, but I tell this if you need the money for that times

Sorry for english
Posted By: REZ

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/03/07 19:09

Hello Aris,

hope You recover soon :-)
Just went through Your bike-accident. I am sorry for that.
Hope, Your foot works out fine.
Sure, also I do look forward to IntenseX... but the heath is the most important thing :-)

Best whishes from Hannover,

R.E.Z.

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/04/07 19:16

Hello all!

thank you very much for your support. It does mean a lot to me.

I don't log in too often lately, although I stay more and more on the computer every day. I thought I'd do the IntenseX tutorial using A7 today, and it all worked great apart from the fact that there's no gravity! Strange little problem, but at least everything else seemed to work fine.

The reason I'm focusing on A7 is that it offers so many things for all editions now, like bones and physics (if you've played Mother's Den. you would need a6 Pro to have the barrels react to shots like they did, etc), and also the new improvement we're waiting to see about the new Panels will raise Intensex to a new level as it relies heavily on panels. And in the end.. we all know A7 will win over A6 one day, just like no-one is using A5 anymore.(apart from TeutonicDarkness maybe ). So I thought, the only way not to release something that will become dated immediatly, is to release it using the latest edition! I know you all think of upgrading sooner or later.. Eventually we all do..

With what confidence each one of you still has on me, I'll say that I've resumed working on my project and will keep you guys updated and not dissapear again(unless some other freak accident happens while i'm in the house..). So I will make IntenseX A7 compatible, but if those A7 templates freeze on 80% and i'm done with everything else, i will release without the new panels instead of delaying even more.

On another note, i've renewed my webspace, but unfortunately my domain has already been taken. I'll let you know of the new domain name i chose tomorrow, as well as the new email address for IntenseX tech support and Activation requests.

Thanks again for all your support

@ghostryder, thanks for the offer. It wasn't so much about the money, it's just that i was in the hospital while my domain expired. But I appreciate the act..

@TestDummy, go ahead and repost what you erased, I'm sure I won't take it the wrong way. Afterall, it was a pretty dumb thing what i did, and i realised how much worse things could have gone, for me and possibly others. Would I ride again? I guess so, but making sure not to step over my limits again, as I certainly did.

@Orange Brat, I do believe that a IntensePathfinding update is due by now I'll check this out this week. Still using A6?

@ozziedave, dead as a dodo bird seemed like a pretty fitting topic considering.. But thanks for your nice words

@Felixsq, I couldn't make people pay for something that's not ready yet. It really wouldn't feel right.. It's not much of a money issue anyway, as long as my foot doesn't get tired while i work on the computer, I'm gonna be ok..

Cheers,
Aris

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/04/07 22:19

Hi Aris,

Its good to hear that you are so upbeat and very positive about the project again. Time will heal your injuries.

Aris I firmly believe that you need a web site of your own, not the GS Forum as you have used in the past
even a basic one with no bells or whistles. It is more professional in the long run.

Your statement about moving to A7 is quite correct, in time most will move to A7

Best Wishes

Ozzie

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/05/07 09:12

@ozziedave, I agree with you, i'd just put all my effort on IntenseX till now. When I officially release it, there will certainly be a website and forum to back it up. There's also the matter of the automated activation system that i haven't forgot..

@all, check this thread about me calling in Doug for a favor. Maybe if more people post there supporting the idea, we'll mellow him down easier .

Cheers,
Aris
Posted By: Doug

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/08/07 18:26

I'm mellow...well, okay, I'm not really mellow. But I'm looking forward to releasing the t7.dll with source and documentation ASAP.

The actual release time is out of my hands, but JCL will probably release it to the beta test group soon. If you're not in that group yet Larry, sign up now. I want *LOTS* of feedback on it.

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/09/07 10:07

That's the best news I've heard in months! (considering I had a car accident, there wasn't much competition, but still..)

I'll sign up today, and maybe bug jcl about the beta date.. You'll have all the feedback in the world once it is in my hands. I have 50-100 panels to create with your system..
Posted By: Doug

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/09/07 18:01

Quote:

That's the best news I've heard in months! (considering I had a car accident, there wasn't much competition, but still..)

I don't know, I might rate the doctor telling me "We can save the foot" as slightly better news.

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/09/07 19:18

Well, maybe we can call it a tie..
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/10/07 01:02

@ doug
that was the most amusing thing ive heard/read all day.

@larry

nice to hear your okay. I have friend that was riding her moped a couple weeks ago, signaled to turn left and the girl behind her in a 4x4 pickup truck (driving on an expired permit, not even licensed) took it as a "go around" sign, sped up and broadsided her. my friend flew 5 ft into a ditch and broke her femur in half. also she has a fractured shoulder, it sucks.

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD - 10/10/07 07:59

A school-friend of mine is now dead after heaving a motor-bike accident. So you (and we) are lucky.
Posted By: xeno2k4ever

Re: Intense X - 10/18/07 13:37

Hey whats up Larry? I was actually one of the first who bought intense x basic. loved it to death. I've been waiting for awhile now for the professional version. I know you were in an accident and everything. I hope you feel well soon. I must say you've got everyone waiting on their toes for this release. I'm not to familiar with A7 or anything I'm just getting started with making games lol. I hate to bug you, I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6. A lot of us have been waiting for Intense X since the Video post. HAHA I'm ready to make killer games and prototypes. Oh yea also to when you say your gonna release it make sure you keep that date in stone.

Thanks
X

Re: Intense X - 10/26/07 06:52

Hey all,

Yeah, I sure was lucky with the accident. The way I saw it, since it's fixable, I don't mind at all. All I lost is a little time.. and my bike .

You won't believe the stories you hear when you're in a hospital. People not being able to speak for years, because the ambulence didn't made it on time, others with a broken waist that can't make one single move for mothns, or others that lost both their feet.. If you're a parent and want to convince your kid to buy a car instead of a bike, that's the place to go..

Quote:

I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6

Kinda never i think.. I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Quote:

Oh yea also to when you say your gonna release it make sure you keep that date in stone.

Heh, that's why I'm not saying anything It's hard to predict release dates.. All I can do is update you frequently of my progress..

The way it stands now, all features for every IntenseX edition are done, and compatible with A7. I'm almost done on the documentation, but what keeps me from releasing is the customizable panels (since you own IntenseX Basic, you know how valuable those are.. Pretty much the heart of IntenseX). I was going to do all panels the way i did the old ones and release, but later I've heard A7 will ditch that panel system and use an improved one, so now i'm working with Doug so IntenseX will use the A7 panels. Expect to hear news about the IntenseX release date, when Doug officially releases T7 along with a non-beta A7 version.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense X - 10/26/07 10:43

Larry, many of us will don't upgrade from 6.60 very soon ..including myself.
So why abbandoning nearly half of your potential costumers?
I think that you should release a version fully compatible with A660 also.
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Intense X - 10/26/07 14:36

Quoting LarryLaffer.
Quote:

@TestDummy, go ahead and repost what you erased, I'm sure I won't take it the wrong way.

Although, strangely, the tone seemed 'right' at the time, my original post was 'excessively' harsh and judgmental. It was completely inappropriate. We all make mistakes. Obviously, I have my share of mistakes and accidents. (Really, it seems, that more often than not, I'm better off if I just mind my own fu<kin business.)

Quote:

I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Considerations:
*Compatibility, and especially future compatibility, has not been proven in every case?
---Lite-C && C-Script compatibility issues?
---C-Script to Lite-C conversions?
*a whole new (A7) bug cycle: a few features, new bugs, fix, a few features, new bugs, fix, (rinse and repeat)?
---It may take quite a bit of time for bugs to be ironed out, and new bugs may appear periodically during the process (of fixing bugs)?
*bloat, higher requirements (see: hardware / resource consumption marketing conspiracy 101)?
*support for legacy devices? (Of course, it is reasonable that some support for 'older' devices is 'nixed'.)
*user comfort, familiarity, etc. with old version
---disappointment with new policies, or disagreement with what is offered in the new version for the price
*financial resources

However, I tend to agree that the latest version of the 'base product' should normally be used when developing third-party add-on tools and software.

Quote:

Larry, many of us will don't upgrade from 6.60 very soon ..including myself. So why abbandoning nearly half of your potential costumers? I think that you should release a version fully compatible with A660 also.

Is there 'real' evidence that 'nearly half 'of 3DGS users have not, or will not upgrade to A7 soon?
(Note: The above quoted statements actually refer to 'potential costumers', not '3DGS users' in general.)
Where is the 'using A6 or A7' poll? (<-A poll might be somewhat pointless in this case.)

I probably won't upgrade soon, myself.
Posted By: TeutonicDarkness

Re: Intense X - 10/26/07 16:26

Quote:

I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6

Quote:

Kinda never i think.. I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Hmmp... Not much point in me saying anything....

(This is why I'm allways hesitant to buy 3rd party tools)

*** Teutonic Darkness ***
Posted By: galentree

Re: Intense X - 10/30/07 22:08

Well, so much for IntenseX. I've upgraded 3DGS since A3 all the way to A6 and have decided I will not upgrade again. Too bad, too. I really wanted to use IntenseX in my projects.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Intense X - 10/30/07 22:15

Yesterday I look at this movie it was called Wild Hogs and one of the actors shouted that he didn't needs his legs as he is a programmer j/k I hope you get well soon. I know what pain is!

So anyways, how about the IntenseX activation key generator? Can I get it now? Have not had much chance to work with IX though because I usually have to re-install my system more than once per month and really do not like to activate every time and have to wait all day with that screen until it gets unlocked.

And what is the news? IX going to A7/Lite-C? Can I use current IX with A7.07.1 or must there be made some changes in the code? Do we have access to these parts of the code that must be changed? So much questions. Or do I just give up now!?

I know you said A7 will win over A6 and I not really care because i've upgraded, but if you are going to rewrite everything it could take another year or something? Well at least I like a chance to have some kind of AI to play with in the meantime, even if it only works on A6.

Please Release Me Let Me Go - 11/02/07 08:03

Hi Aris,

I hope that you are getting better by the day.

Aris could we not come to a compromise on A6 verses A7, could you not fully release
The Basic IntenseX version for A6 for us to play around with. As I stated in a post
before, my problem with the Basic software you released was that it did not carry
the weapons through to the next level.

Why not just release that version to keep as all happy for the time being.

Best Wishes Ozzie

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go - 11/02/07 16:31

Agree

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go - 11/07/07 15:03

Hello all,

Sorry for the late response. I'll have much more time for the forum and IntenseX from now on...

Moving to A7 wasn't an easy decision for me.. Naturally I want IntenseX to sell well, so I'll lose a lot of people if I don't support A6 too. But hear my reasons why IntenseX in A7 will be so much better than IntenseX on A6..

For Beginners: A7 has a new Project Wizard option (not Project Manager), and IntenseX will utilize it so beginners can really have their Create-an-fps-game or Create-an-adventure-game Button. It's a wonderfull new feature..

For Programmers: As many IntenseX beta users can testify, it was very hard to add your own code in IntenseX for A6. Because A6 compiler wouldn't allow more than 30 wdl includes when you publish your game, you couldn't directly modify IntenseX code (you could, but your changes would be lost when you finally published your game), and even adding your own .wdl file was a fuss. The new A7 compiler doesn't have this limitation. In addition to that, programmers can now make use of both C-script or the flexible and more powerfull Lite-C.

For Everyone: I'm working with Doug so the new panels are much more practical to use. Imagine all the IntenseX options available to you at all times in WED with one click, kinda like Unity3d and all those new dev-kits with an interface much better than Gamestudio's. Add to this, the free physics and bones for all A7 editions, along with many other A7 features that directly affect IntenseX and you'll begin to see my point.. IntenseX A7 will be infinite times better than IntenseX A6 would have been.

I could support both A6 and A7 for a certain period of time(eventually I would focus just on A7 anyway.. like I said before, how many people are using A5 nowadays?), but if I did, progress would be sloooowww. If I had to fix a bug, or add a new feature it would take me double the time, because I'd still use .wdl files for A6 and .c files for A7. I would also have to create all panels for both versions(they use a different system), and different manuals also, since the panels would be different. The list goes on..

D3D,

Quote:

So anyways, how about the IntenseX activation key generator? Can I get it now? Have not had much chance to work with IX though because I usually have to re-install my system more than once per month and really do not like to activate every time and have to wait all day with that screen until it gets unlocked.

I'm going to use the same key generator for A7 IntenseX so I can't really send you the program. If you can PM me a day in advance at the time you'll upgrade, i promise i'll reply to you within 5 minutes since I have plenty of free time now. As I said before, with the new release of IntenseX, I'll also have the auto-key generator ready that will work from web(instead of email).

Quote:

And what is the news? IX going to A7/Lite-C? Can I use current IX with A7.07.1 or must there be made some changes in the code? Do we have access to these parts of the code that must be changed? So much questions. Or do I just give up now!?

You can use the current IntenseX in A7.07.1, just don't install the new T7 Beta that Doug has posted on the Templates section. But If I were you, I would wait for the new IntenseX instead which you are entilted for free. You won't be able to upgrade your current IntenseX project to the new A7 IntenseX(however any even further IntenseX versions will be compatible with previous ones).

Quote:

I know you said A7 will win over A6 and I not really care because i've upgraded, but if you are going to rewrite everything it could take another year or something? Well at least I like a chance to have some kind of AI to play with in the meantime, even if it only works on A6.

I'm not re-writting anything, just the new panels, and converting .wdl to .c which i've already done. The reason i haven't released anything for the last 4-5 months isn't that converting to A7 is a slow proccess, but that i didn't work with IntenseX at all. It will go much faster from now on..

Hey ozzie,

I could do that, but I'd have to spend time on an obsolete version. I wouldn't want to keep current owners of IntenseX unhappy, so if there's demand for this I'll do it, but wouldn't you rather have me working on the new version instead? If I fix this for you, you could start your project on the current IntenseX, but as I've said, your project won't be compatible with future IntenseX editions anyway.

Cheers all, and thanks for your patience.
Aris

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go - 11/07/07 16:21

Thanks for the info.

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go - 11/08/07 09:01

Hi Aris,

What you said makes sense. I didn't look at it from your point of view,
but as I am getting on in age I hope I'm not pushing up daisies before
your ver 7 comes out !!!
Posted By: Kenneth J. Williams

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 11/27/07 06:10

So maybe it is just delayed then that's ok. I am glad you are still with us.
I will keep a look out for when ever you release Intense X. Take care of your leg alright.

www.789site.com

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 11/29/07 20:00

I would like to use normal mapped monsters that use both close ranged attacks and long ones too, like lancing stones or bladers.
An explosion or replaced death animation ( think the quake 1 and 2 ) and a blood spray could be very nice

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 12/01/07 00:02

Quote:

What you said makes sense. I didn't look at it from your point of view,
but as I am getting on in age I hope I'm not pushing up daisies before
your ver 7 comes out !!!

If you're like 90, i'd worry (but then again, what are you doing programming in your nineties..) Otherwise, we're good , i'm shooting for this Christmass on the revamped Basic edition

Quote:

I will keep a look out for when ever you release Intense X. Take care of your leg alright.

Thanks

Quote:

I would like to use normal mapped monsters that use both close ranged attacks and long ones too

check

Quote:

like lancing stones

check

Quote:

or bladers

check

Quote:

An explosion or replaced death animation

check

Quote:

and a blood spray could be very nice

and check. IntenseX can already do all that. But you'll have to program your own normal mapped shaders. Maybe I'll add a shader library sometime, but it's not on the top of my list.

Cheers,
Aris
Posted By: Blink

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 03/12/08 21:34

this is A6 right?
Posted By: Jikito

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/07/08 21:32

its been a while since i even surfed the gamestudio forums.. but i see an ad for buy intenseX copper.. or preorder.. what i wanted to ask is... is will those who bought the last intensex beta.. will they get a free copper edition?

also will copper only support fps or will you include the rpg stuff as well?
Posted By: RAFU

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/13/08 02:17

If you bought the beta, you get the upgrade for free. Copper is designed for fps games, but the later versions will support RPG and others.

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/13/08 19:19

Quote:
If you bought the beta, you get the upgrade for free. Copper is designed for fps games, but the later versions will support RPG and others.

ditto..

Still, Copper contains a few elements that could be used in non-fps games, like 3rd P. or a free camera, and non-hostile Npcs, but things like Dialogues, Inventory and Scripting are available in higher versions.

Btw, Intense Script is now evolved to a system similar to Starcraft's and War3's Campaign Editor. So instead of typing in commands, you work with a visual trigger system. The panels for it ain't ready yet, so for those few who don't own sc or war3, here's how it will look like:

Also... regarding the progress on Copper. Once the new version of gamestudio will be released (or maybe... even the public beta), we will release copper as well, since copper uses a lot of the beta features. However, there's a slight chance i will be unavailable when the new gamestudio will be released due to health problems (i'm having a surgery..), so if that would be the case, please be a bit more patient.

Cheers,
Aris
Posted By: Marcus729

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/14/08 03:53

Hey Aris,

Hope everything goes well. Take care of yourself first and foremost. We can wait until your back up and around.

Marcus
Posted By: firelord

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/17/08 18:18

i have brought intense x, when we buy and get a key, lets say my computer crashes and i have to reinstall intensex will i need a new serial or do i just use my old serial number.
thanks firelord.
also when will it be released.

Re: Maybe just delayed not dead. - 06/24/08 12:03

Quote:
i have brought intense x, when we buy and get a key, lets say my computer crashes and i have to reinstall intensex will i need a new serial or do i just use my old serial number.
thanks firelord.
also when will it be released.

This discussion has been re-directed here!

Cheers,
Aris
© 2024 lite-C Forums