{intenseX} is it true?

Posted By: Jikito

{intenseX} is it true? - 01/03/08 04:02

I just saw the AUM magazine interview, I couldnt believe my eyes with all the work you have done...
Im glad to see intenseX comming back..great work on all the features it seems to support.
the video was amazing... cant wait til all us poor basic folks can get another crack at playing with it.

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/03/08 06:40

oops forgot to post my question... what i wanted to ask is.. if someone wanted to wait for the new release of intensex basic... would there be a problem of going ahead and building the level (( structures, trees and what not)) and incoorperate the ai stuff later once its released? or do you need to wait to start it as a fresh project and a blank page..and choose a template before you begin work?
Posted By: RAFU

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/03/08 11:44

Jikito, Intense X can be added to any project, any time! So you can start to get ready now
Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/03/08 12:33

Does that mean that I could add Intense X to something I've already written code for and it won't interfere with my existing code?

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/05/08 20:11

Yes.

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/05/08 20:20

if someone started a C script project in a7, due to the fact the lite C templates are not out yet... and then loaded in intense X features... would it still work?

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/07/08 00:32

Intense X is its own Dll Now and will not at all be effected by the A7 templates.
Posted By: LarryLaffer

Re: {intenseX} is it true? - 01/16/08 06:20

Hello Jikito,

Jcl says that it's possible to have both c-script and lite-c in the same project, but only for conversion purposes, and future A7 versions will stop supporting that altogether. So, since IntenseX is written in lite-c, I'd suggest not mixing it with c-script code. If I were you I'd build the level and models, and use template6 or the old IntenseX beta temporarily, and set up the project from fresh when you receive your free upgrade. If you have all other resources ready(levels,models,sounds,etc), you'll have a very easy time working with the new IntenseX to get the game pasted together

Quote:

Does that mean that I could add Intense X to something I've already written code for and it won't interfere with my existing code?

You can add IntenseX to an existing lite-c project without worrying about conflicts. Just remember, that if you want to activate an IntenseX camera for example, then your code shouldn't try to access the camera at the same time. Also, like brad said, IntenseX is now independant of the A7 templates, so you may or may not use them as well.

Cheers,
Aris
© 2024 lite-C Forums