Maya to 3DGS exporter

Posted By: Magela

Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/02/08 22:15

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good Maya to 3DGS exporter?
I've already tried "MayaTo3DGS" and am looking for better solutions.

Thanks so much
Posted By: broozar

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/04/08 10:04

maya->fbx export->med
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/04/08 12:34

Maya23DGS is junk. It's unsupported and not even worthy of being called in a beta state. It REALLY should not be listed on the 3DGS links page.

THere's the objsplitter which busts scenes into an actual wmb level full of mdl files. It's great. But the new version of WED should be able to import entire FBX files as level information soon. The objsplitter works with any app that supports multiple object OBJ files. It's only good if your 3D application supports longer object names, though, so there is space to embed your actions and skills into it.
Posted By: Sandaras

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/04/08 15:49

Fersuch es mal so es ist zwar für max aber fileicht geht es ja auch mit maya

Max link
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/05/08 20:39

Quote:

maya->fbx export->med

Posted By: JesterDev

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/14/08 11:32

So let me get this straight. I can export using maya to FBX then load it with MED?

Just curious, as I use maya and have been wanting to get back into GS for awhile now.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Maya to 3DGS exporter - 03/14/08 14:47

Quote:

So let me get this straight. I can export using maya to FBX then load it with MED?

Just curious, as I use maya and have been wanting to get back into GS for awhile now.

You can export FBX inside med.

maya(or max)->FBX export->Med->FBX import this is a loseless process. The exact same model imported(animation,bones etc.)
© 2024 lite-C Forums