Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue

Posted By: Optigon

Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 04/03/08 07:58

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting the full version of Max2Mdl to work. I purchased the program and was given a download link to what looks like a registry file. it's called "max2mdl.key". But it will not open, nor will it merge. According to the documentation, I was supposed to have received a ZIP file that was to be extracted to my Max directory, but I did not get a zip file.

I've been trying to contact Malabar for two weeks now and I've gotten no response. So, I was hoping someone here could help out.

Thanks.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 04/03/08 08:42

FBX works like a charm but if you still want to use a plug;

try placing the key file on your max directory.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 04/03/08 10:12

It's probably talking about the demo zip file which you can download from their website. Just go in , click on max2mdl , then on the right click on the demo , and downloado it, then click on the manual , and follow the installation instructions to install the demo , then just copy the key into the installation folder. In fact , here are the instructions from the manual (by the way , when it talks about the zip , it's talking about the max2mdl.zip which is the demo you download from their site).

Installation of max2mdl is a breeze: just unzip the max2mdl.zip file into the
scripts\startup folder in your 3dsmax# folder (e.g. c:\3dsmax6\scripts\startup). You
should end up with a folder named max2mdl with the max2mdl.mse file and a few
additional files.
Additionally, after you buy the full version, you will receive a file named
max2mdl_key.zip; just unzip this file in the previously created max2mdl folder. And
that’s it! Next time you start 3ds Max, you will no longer have the limitations of the
demo version
Posted By: aji

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/18/09 00:17

hello all, are you have plugin max2gs and max2mdl? please upload it to rapidshare, i very need it. please..please..please...
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/18/09 04:30

aji, if you need this software, then contact the ones who had developed it. If they are no longer selling it, then perhaps they will let you have a copy. But the license (for those of us that purchased it) would not allow us to give it to you. I believe the web site is:

www.malabar.tv

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/23/09 16:48

Oh man thanks, but i haven't enough money, i only student who want create profesional game. i have done all character, map and other in 3ds max but i can't transfer it to 3DGS. sorry...

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/23/09 17:02

Quote:
Oh man thanks, but i haven't enough money, i only student who want create profesional game. i have done all character, map and other in 3ds max but i can't transfer it to 3DGS. sorry...

So ... you don't have enough money for an inexpensive script like MAX2GS, but you have 3DS MAX and you have 3DGS? And I suppose you downloaded these from Rabidshare as well ...
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/24/09 07:43

I agree with Dan. If you dont have the money for real licenses then dont use Max! You can use Blender, Wings3d or Truespace for free.

And do not reach for the sky regarding your projects. A professional game needs some investment, not only tool, you need money for contributors, advertising, renting web space and much more.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/24/09 12:01

Quote:
i have done all character, map and other in 3ds max but i can't transfer it to 3DGS.

But you can. Export your map as an FBX and import the FBX into WED (for your levels). You can export your characters (entities) as FBX also and then import them into MED via MED's FBX importer. So you shouldn't need the MAX2GS script.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/25/09 15:44

hey guys, don't think bad to me i serious i'm student i want be game publisher. and i use 3ds max 7 trial version and now only 4 days left. same like 3dgs i used 3dgs 7 trial, i serious...i beg to upload script to RS.Com cause i only have little time... ok, and now it's no problem cause i use fbx exporter, thanks all.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/25/09 15:51

i'm so happy cause you all here have best knowledge, not like me,stupid. anyone have good c-script tutorial for A7? for knowledge only..

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/25/09 18:58

Not trying to knock you (too badly), but where did you get a MAX 7 trial when the current trial offered by Autodesk is version 10?

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/26/09 11:14

my older brother who download 3ds max 7, so i don't know where the link. he use 3ds max 2009, when i beg to downloaded 3ds max 2009 he say: 3ds max 2009 not good for you, too difficult. tommorow i will download 3ds max 7 for you. that not to hard for learn.

he say that...
he is good brother for me.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/26/09 16:00

He is not a good brother to you because he is giving you illegal software. And he is not telling you the truth by saying that MAX 2009 is "not good for you" but that MAX v7 is. Both are the same to learn. They are essentially the same product. But v7 is many years old.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/26/09 20:13

Originally Posted By: aji
tommorow i will download 3ds max 7 for you. that not to hard for learn.

he say that...
he is good brother for me.

This is not true. As Dan already said. It is essential the same software. It is one of the most powerful 3d applications. So it is also very complex. If you really want to start learning then you can start with something more easy, smaller and legal.

You can even learn modeling if you try to master the model editor in Gamestudio. If you still like what you do then you can start to learn Wings3d or Blender for free. And if you then master these quite complex tools then you can save money to buy a professional tool like Max, Maya, Lightwave or Modo.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/27/09 04:05

really, i guest this is legal software, and this trial version. so if trial version of this software expired, what free 3d software can i use?

ANd where can i download it. thanks for your advice.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/27/09 06:26

Originally Posted By: aji
so if trial version of this software expired, what free 3d software can i use?

ANd where can i download it. thanks for your advice.

I already mentioned it twice: Blender, Wings3d, Truespace:
http://www.wings3d.com/
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/
http://www.caligari.com/downloads.html

But why do you want to learn a trial and switch later to another tool? This makes not much sense because the buttons, interfaces and functions differ a lot.

Re: Max2Mdl Registration Key Issue - 05/27/09 07:46

yes i want use free software, because dan say software which i used is ilegal. so i must be real game developer.

about button,interface,and more i guest i can find manual and tutorial about that.

thanks for your advice....
© 2024 lite-C Forums