Skins

Posted By: MDMDFSS

Skins - 05/13/09 15:51

Do somebody knows somthing like a skinerprogramm or somthing like that?
Then my modles have no skin.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Skins - 05/13/09 16:16

Falls du Deutsch sprichst (was ich zu erkennen glaube):
Für die Skins brauchst du ein handelsübliches Zeichenprogramm wie Photoshop. Um damit die Skins zu gestalten musst du in deinem Editor ein Skin-Mapping erstellen und als Grafik exportieren, dann im Zeichenprogramm bemalen und wieder importieren.

In case I was wrong and you don't speak german:
You need a program like Photoshop. Create a skin mapping in your model editor, export it as an image and draw the skin on it. The re-import it to the model editor.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Skins - 05/13/09 17:37

But you can do this as well within a modeling tool like blender.
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Skins - 05/13/09 18:02

Sometimes there is a breakdown in terms between disciplines. Skinning, for the 3D artist, is a method of applying a rig to a model for animation purposes. Skinning, using the old real-time 3D game terminology, means to make a texture for the 3D model.

I am assuming the OP was about making a texture for the model. If so, then the model will need to be UV mapped (if it is not already) and then a texture created for it. There is no simple program for this. After all, how will the program know what kind of skin/texture you want to apply to your model? But there are various tools for UV mapping a model and for creating a texture.
Posted By: BigDaz

Re: Skins - 05/13/09 18:50

There are a number of programs where you can paint directly onto 3D models

Here's 2 affordable programs to look at:

Blacksmith
http://www.blacksmith3d.com/blacksmith3D-3d-paint-software.htm

3D Coat
http://www.3d-coat.com/
Posted By: MDMDFSS

Re: Skins - 05/15/09 14:13

Thank you guys, I needed that bad. (I meen models without skins...)
________________________________________________________________________________

Danke Leute, das habe ich echt gebraucht. (Ich meine Models ohne skin...)

wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums