Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED?

Posted By: Ness

Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 07:19

hello,
during lots of problems, i cant instal MED!
Stop please dont say anything about reinstall windows etc etc! I made it more than 10 TIMES!
I cant use it,so i switched to blender!
I could made good models and tested the importing with my friends OLD pc and i got FATAL BAD results on MED! Does there exist a possiblity to import blender files or converted GOOD blender Files to WED without to make the model shit?
Please dont say MDL Export or MDl2 Export! Both are damaging my models extremly hard frown
Posted By: Tiles

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 08:24

Reinstall older or newer graphics cards drivers would more likely help than reinstalling Windows. I bet it's a driver problem. Or in the worst case a graphics card problem.

What's a bit curious is that your WED should have the same problems then. I would really suggest to have a look to get MED back working. You may need it at characters here and there.

Anyways. Ventilator made a mdl 7 export script for Blender. Can be found here. Scroll down to nearly the end:

http://machinimist.googlepages.com/

Ultimate Unwrap 3D can export to MDL5. Fragmotion can export to MDL 3,4,5 and 7, that's at least what you can read in the export features. But that is not meant to export level geometry. And you need to import the graphics first too. And that's basically it. At least from what i know.

Quote:
Please dont say MDL Export or MDl2 Export! Both are damaging my models extremly hard frown

Please don't mix mdl and mdl 2 with mdl 3/4/5/7 from Gamestudio. These are different file formats. Cannot remember what mdl and mdl2 was at the moment. Wasn't that the Quake file format?

Damaging is relative. Missing textures can for example also be a user error. Or a wrong setting while export. Or the wrong format. As told above, there is mdl 3,4,5 and 7 for Gamestudio.

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 14:58

how can i install this "plugin" for blender?

EDIT: I already set,i controlled everything,included drivers of graphics card,windows PS etc etc etc.
All are good graphic cards with newest driver(2009)
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 16:39

if your having that many issues, i'd back up your stuff, and then reformat.

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 16:45

To install this script put it where Blender has all its other scripts. userdata is a placeholder in this path here. I have german XP, and here it is called Anwendungsdaten.

... userdata\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

He already has reinstalled more than once from what i can read. Newest drivers are not always the best drivers. To be able to help you with MED it would good to know what exactly doesn't work with it. Doesn't load? loads but no display? Loads, but flickers? Loads,has display, but doesn't load mesh? What exactly is your problem?

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/17/09 18:47

Originally Posted By: Tiles

He already has reinstalled more than once from what i can read.

no, my advice was a little more destructive than a reinstall of med, im talking of windows laugh

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/18/09 06:20

Well ...

Quote:
Stop please dont say anything about reinstall windows etc etc! I made it more than 10 TIMES!

whistle grin

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/18/09 19:26

hah, apparently i did mess up, i feel foolish laugh sorry.

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/19/09 06:48

You're welcome. I also overread things here and there smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/21/09 20:32

today i got fragMotion, and amazed how perfectly it exported directly to gamestudio mdl7.

i am new to program and tried with few not-so-compliceted models with bone animation... imported from other formats and directly exported to mdl7.

just in case you are interested give it a try:
http://www.fragmosoft.com/

and it's cheap $25.

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/22/09 08:34

As i am trying your fragmotion,how the hell do i can get my plugin to blender? ^^

EIT: I tested fragmotion!
Lots of vertices are missing and faces are invisible!
How can i disable that?
does there exist a function not to make so bad models?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Possibility NOT to use MED for importing mdl into WED? - 05/22/09 09:04

i just dk...

i tested with like 20 models with bone animations, only thing fragmotion does is that it doesnt export groups and merge all textures together. mesh and animation is perfect.
© 2024 lite-C Forums