looking for ps plugin

Posted By: Scorpion

looking for ps plugin - 09/25/09 13:30

hello everyone,
I am looking for a ps plugin, that allows me to repeat my workspace area, so that I can easily paint over the borders and also see how the image looks tiled. Just like this:

It would be really great if something like this would exist. If you know a trick for exactly this purpose in ps, I could also live with that^^

Thank you
Scorpion
Posted By: Enduriel

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/25/09 13:47

you could use filter --> other --> offset.

Just save some actions where it offsets like 20 px down and 20px left. That's atleast a method without a plugin tongue

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/25/09 14:00

But just using the offset filter avoids you from painting over the whole surface a time, if you exceed one border it gets cut of and that's the worst that can happen...and it happens quite often, especially if you're working with bigger brushes.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/25/09 17:17

Hi Scorpion laugh

To go fats and easy a cheap tool exist and is really great :
texture maker

Even a basic version do it and lot lore more like texture generation by combining filters, masks , generators etc ...
Easy to do wood, stome textures with it : just try it !

OR you can use 3D Coat , but its costs lot more caus it's a scultping tool mainly, but it hat has seamless texture painting on diffuse, specular and normal canels all seamless !

For your case and a cheap tool , i think texture maker is the tool laugh

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/26/09 15:58

First of all Thank You ratchet, but I don't want one of these textur creation tools, that create them procedurally. Instead I would like to paint them by my own, with all the tools I use to paint a normal image. Just without that really restrictive borders and with a better overview of the whole
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/26/09 20:19

http://www.brothersoft.com/tiler-169549.html

verry good and easy to use, best PS plugin

Christian_GER

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/26/09 20:21

@scoprion :
Texturemaker allow you to view with the zoom you want your texture seamless effect laugh
And it has all basic 2D tools , not only procedural generators !
Really check the free demo perhaps laugh !

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/29/09 15:48

@nexus
nope, that's absolutely not what i'm looking for, sry

@rachet
yeah I will try, probably ps isn't really able to accomplish that...

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/30/09 08:55

In fact you paint on a big seamless texture in this cheap tool !

So you see immeditly as you draw if the texture repeats well or not laugh
And you have all basic drawing tools,layers, all standard filters plus lot of generators (wood, stone, etc .... ) to speed up your creattion.

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/30/09 14:46

pretty cool, and the best version of it can be even used as a ps plugin...
but it sucks, that it doesn't support tablet pressure in the lower versions =/

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/30/09 15:37

If you really need it to create good textures, no way :
buy it !

Juts my personnal advice laugh !
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: looking for ps plugin - 09/30/09 19:21

you can do that inside of blender, you can create brushes from texture and tile the image, as well as, warp it to paint across seams. all from the image editor. It is easy to setup and easy to do...very straight forward. The only drawback is that I do not know how to do layers....someone will say it is not possible, but anything is possible if you plan for it and think about it.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: looking for ps plugin - 10/01/09 03:37

Does anyone know of such a plug-in for GIMP? I've wanted one for a long time, although I'm willing to look into texture maker later on.

Jibb
© 2024 lite-C Forums