Iridium

Posted By: Foxfire

Iridium - 10/04/09 17:12

hey,

I have been working on my game engine for the last month or two without much news. This is because I have aquired a deal to purchase my engine for commercial sale based in the C++ engine. I may or may not continue progress on a lite-c version depending on popular demand and interest from Conitec.

I have also taken up work on a second title which I can't share much information about at this time.

Finally, I have decided on a price - Iridium will be free for development including real-time development tools.

Contracts for publishing games using Iridium will be determined on a case-by-case basis to allow for small and large games to have a chance at success.

- Mike -
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Iridium - 10/04/09 22:45

The problem :
We buy an engine , and must pay to increase it's visual quality to more Next Gen things !

Why not selling that to Conitec, they could integrate it in A7 or future A8 ?
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: Iridium - 10/09/09 09:25

hey,

congratulations on having commercial interest! Hope it works well for you, and I really hope to see lite-c development continue - we need something like your engine for a lot of the projects here.

I think free development, and contract on commercial launch is a good deal.

Don
have a great day
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Iridium - 10/09/09 09:58

The free dev version sounds good - will it still be free for non-commercial, but published projects?

Re: Iridium - 12/18/09 01:24

hey, sorry its been such a long time.

I have been working on the lite-c Iridium engine and am almost ready to post a few tools for everyone to test.

I'm also working on a website for Iridium.

After many months I have prepared a rendering engine that is both visually stunning and high performance. I have made many comprimises and the result is an outstanding and unique engine that feels similar to Valve's Source engine and Crytek's Cryengine3. Iridium now employs a patented light portal system to provide high quality static global illumination (similar to lightmapping in WED) that is applied to objects on a per-pixel basis - it runs on any computer with pixel shader support and has the advantage over lightmapping that it does not depend on how many entities are on the scene. It also works well on large models where certain parts of the said model recieve different pre-computed light values.

In addition. I have perfected an SSAO process that uses depth peeling to maximize quality and speed - it creates correct occlusion at every single possible situation and is quite fast.

In addition, objects receive per-pixel reflections via light portals - the result is a highly global specular feel that looks as good as ray tracing in many cases and runs on almost every machine very quickly.

I am still working on a dynamic lighting system, however, this is the easiest part.

I will upload the light portal compiler this weekend along with some documentation.

-Mike-
Posted By: Quad

Re: Iridium - 12/18/09 06:50

source and cryengine3?
i thought this engines were completely on diffrent tracks(graphics rendering wise)?

i would like to see the current status of ssao and that perpixel reflections.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Iridium - 12/18/09 13:28

I'd like to see the current status of all of it.
You're promising a lot... very interested in seeing it.

Re: Iridium - 12/18/09 16:33

yeah, I'm just sitting down to finish the compiler now, I'll uplod it tonight or tomorrow. And yes, it is a lot - I've been working on it for over a year
-Mike-

Re: Iridium - 12/21/09 17:45

sorry for the delay - I love in Maryland USA and we had almost 2 feet of snow - power was out all weekend. I'm finishing the program now -Mike-

Re: Iridium - 12/22/09 09:52

I have made many comprimises and the result is an outstanding and unique engine that feels similar to Valve's Source engine and Crytek's Cryengine3

Wow didn't Know that A7 with a simple plugin could be as good as Crysis Engine 3 ( not only Crysis engine 2 ) laugh ?
It could be the A8 engine if it can be as good as Crysis Engine 3.
Sell it to conitec or big companies !
Posted By: sueds

Re: Iridium - 12/22/09 11:09

wanna see something ! Where is the link or the youtube's vid ?

Re: Iridium - 12/22/09 18:01

well, its not very simple unfortunately - the additional code is massive (almost 300MB) and requires state-of-the-art computers to run on maximum settings. But yeah, it is pretty cool =]

It actually uses a lot of technology that is competing with cryengine 3 such as real-time global illumination using my PLP system.

I'm just adding an interface to the code now - if you can't wait just email me and I'll send you the app without the interface (you can program it with c++ or lite-c extension scripts) -Mike-

Re: Iridium - 12/22/09 18:47

Well just post a quality vidéo and pictures , to show how great it looks !
Posted By: sueds

Re: Iridium - 12/22/09 18:54

hey mike ! we just want to see some tech demo. I know it may sounds aggressive but it's not. IF you have something to show well I wish you could share it. Are you going to release it ? How much will it cost. Do you need A7 to make it work ? Why did you choose a7 instead of a free app like ogre ? Just wondering. I haven't purchase a7 so is there any way to try your plugin with out it ? I guess no but I hope you port it on another platform.

Re: Iridium - 12/23/09 21:08

check here - I added screenshots:
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=302949&#Post302949

Re: Iridium - 12/24/09 22:48

Bad looking level unfortunately !

And you say you have something near Crysis 3 !!!!!!

Empty and bad scene, bad lightening.

What counts is the final look of the level, not the name of the shaders and effects you use.

Show us a big level with good lightening and shadows !
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Iridium - 12/26/09 04:12

actually, he was talking about effects, not artwork ratchet. why would anyone say good art was because they had a good engine? because thats what he's advertising, a game engine. I do agree with others thought, you need to find a way for some smoother shadows.
© 2024 lite-C Forums