3D RAD :

Posted By: ratchet

3D RAD : - 01/12/10 11:01

Well 3D RAD now is free !

It is progressing well, support for shaders, terrain shaders, it has some good little tools made by users like ragdoll editor.
A cool little engine to make little games !

What makes me laught is the donation for each feature :
Donation

You reach 3000 $ and more, strange for an engine supposed to be free ? (poor people that pay when there are other free powerfull engines) !
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: 3D RAD : - 01/12/10 16:40

Been free for a long time. There was a post about this like 4 months ago. I think the donation for new features plan is a great idea, it helps people stay motivated to work on it with 0 risk, offers something free to those that are satisfied with the features, and makes those that want more pay for something instead of just expecting it like whiny little girls (not that i have anything against free software, i have something against people who EXPECT everything to be free)
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: 3D RAD : - 01/13/10 04:07

It is poorly, mis-managed, kind of free software. The creator only implements the features that seems to fit his greed. Take for example the implementation of AI for an FPS, there have been much discussions but people that are ready for paying havent even been able to persuade the developer to implement this feature.
Posted By: Erick_Castro

Re: 3D RAD : - 01/17/10 20:18

3D RAD is the worse 3d tool that i have try to use for create poor games.
It is horrible.
© 2024 lite-C Forums