New Infos about IntenseX?

Posted By: alibaba

New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 11:48

Hey JCL,
do you still have any contact with LarryLaffer?
Please help him to fix this damn problem, even if the error is from his side. Because IX is the only One-Click pathfinding solution. It can increase the sells of 3DGS enormous. 3DGS has no integrated Pathfinding and NPC solution. so i think you should help Larry to fix this problem and deal with him to intergrade IX to 3DGS. Please!!
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 11:53

So wie ich das verstanden habe, gibt es für die Probleme keinen Ansatzpunkt. Er steckt vermutlich irgendwo in Aris Code selbst und muss nicht einmal unbedingt etwas mit der Speicherverwaltung zu tun haben. Das einzige, was du tun kannst, ist warten und hoffen dass Aris nochmal einen Blick auf das Projekt wirft. Bis dahin würde ich empfehlen dir selbst eine zugegebenermaßen sehr zeitaufwändige Lösung zusammenzubasteln, das Problem versuchen zu umschiffen oder nach Alternativen Lösungen zu suchen (FPS Creator X oder ähnliches).
Posted By: jcl

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 11:54

No, I have not heard from LarryLaffer since we looked into that handle problem. I don't know if it's fixed or not, and have no influence on this. Just ask LarryLaffer himself. I am not aware of any problem of IntenseX pathfinding, though.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 12:22

But i couldnt you mabe help him a bit? I am sure that if you also mention IX as a plus, then more people will buy 3DGS, because most of the people just want to create a shooter. And IX can do this just with some clicks. With IX you will get more costumer i believe.
Posted By: jcl

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 12:33

Sure, but we can only help to a certain degree. I am aware of the good quality of IntenseX, but we can not just take it over and modify it. It's the property of its programmer.

We're meanwhile also working on a shooter template, although simpler than IntenseX.

The engine detects wrong handles since version 7.84, so that should not lead to a crash anymore. But as I had no contact to Aris since then, I am not sure if the handle issue was really fixed or if it was the only problem.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 13:10

Can you contact him? Because he doesnt response to my mails. And thanks you for your help laugh I hope you can solve this problem and who knows, maybe Larry will help you with your shooter template. Maybe pathfindig or something like that.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 19:28

JCL any Infos yet?
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 19:50

JCL hat sicherlich genug andere sorgen als an einem 08/15 AI Framework rumzuschrauben.
Was ist das überhaupt für ein Verhalten? Wenn der Programmierer von IntenseX nicht in der Lage ist sauberen Code zu schreiben, dann ist das garantiert kein Aushängeschild für die Engine, im Gegenteil. Meiner Meinung nach sollte JCL lieber weiter an A8 schrauben als Zeit damit zu verbringen bezahlte third party plugins zu debuggen.

Wenn es einen konkreten Bug mit der Engine gibt, kümmert sich JCL schon darum, aber es ist einfach nur dreist zu sagen er solle sich doch um IntenseX kümmern weil das ja die Leute anlockt.

Und jetzt hängt mich auf weil ich nicht der Meinung bin das JCL euren Mist aufräumen soll.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 19:59

Nee keine Sorge, ich verstehe ja deinen Standpunkt. laugh
Nur halt wäre es schön, wenn man eine feste Pathfinding Lösung hätte. Denn das ist ja meist der größte Knackpunkt bei Engines. IntenseX ist ja eigendlich perfekt, halt dieser Bug hat alles vermasselt. Deshalb, da Aris alleine an diesem projekt arbeitet, denke ich dass es am besten wäre, wenn JCL ihm helfen würde, weil er der programmierer der Engine ist. Außerdem hat Aris auch in seinem Forum gesagt, dass es ein Memory problem ist, weil er schon so ziemlich alles ausprobiert hat. Es wäre viel zu schade das Projekt aufzugeben, denn er hat daran mehr als ZEHN(!) Jahre gearbeitet und hat sich viel dadurch erhofft. Würde es dich nicht sauer machen, ein Produkt kurz vor der fertigstellung zu haben, aber dann kommt ein bug und zerstört alles, und keiner hilft dir, da keiner eine Ahnung hat.
Zudem habe ich ja nicht gesagt, dass JCL alles alleine machen soll, ich habe ihn nur gefragt, ob er nicht ein wenig helfen kann.

Ich hoffe du verstehst mein Standpunkt laugh

Posted By: Rackscha

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/09/10 20:41

Du könntest auch mal nen blick auf das thema pathfinding werfen wink

wenn man einmal die logik verstanden hat, ist es recht einfach nen simplen pathfinding algorythmus zu schreiben.(und man hat immer 100% kontrolle über die benötigten modifikationen)

Das hier hab ich in ein paar tagen zusammengeschustert:
Link Zum Thread auf 3dgs-hobbyschmiede

Dieses system ist ert der anfang, sobald ich nen richtiges level habe(arbeite dran) und vernfüntige chars wirds noch getweaked. Ist unoptimiert und sehr einfach gehalten, hat aber ne autobuild funktion gür den graphen^^

MFG
Rackscha
Posted By: vertex

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/11/10 14:27

It's a shame IntenseX has stalled.
I was hoping to see that code for sale months/years ago.

Regardless for the reason of the stall, it would be good to complete so that folks could see more publishing stories connected to 3DGS.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/11/10 14:57

@Rackscha
Aber genau das möchte ich doch umgehen, sonst hätte ich IX nixht gekauft grin

@JCL
Do you have any News?

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/11/10 18:55

At this date it is still not for sale. So this is really even worse. They had a product that they were selling and now it does not work with 3DGS.

http://www.intense-i.com/ix_zinc_form.php
Posted By: snake67

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/25/10 12:35

Hi
The latest news we got from the IX forum is, that Aris is in the Army at the moment. So he is still alive...

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 06/25/10 13:36

yes i know

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/19/10 16:02

But IX seems to be dead instead...

I freezed my IX project and started to rewrite my whole a6/WDL stuff anew in Lite-C for A7 - phee!

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/19/10 19:41

Really, really dramatic ending... frown
He had so much hope on this product. Poor Aris and all others frown

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/19/10 20:17

In my opinion, 3DGS made this project a challenge with the 3DGS move to Lite-C-- an odd thing to do. Anyone trying to transfer their projects to Lite-C will quickly see this fact. It crushed IX.

So often it means a simple change in syntex will stop the transfer from Wdl to LiteC. The changes often mean no benefit at all to the end user or the developer. Anyone who has worked on code knows that the smallest change can have a dominoe effect-- another reason to keep changes to a min. 3DGS.

Yeah, you can still use WDL, but your old projects will likely not work and many commands are defunct so it's not really compatible.

Also, ask why so many commercial projects were done with WDL and now almost none with Lite-C. Was it really needed? Who asked for the changes?

What attracted me to 3DGS was light mapping/BSP processes and an artpath and scripting language that were better than Torque/many others. Unity was a baby then-- only on Macs and has only recently visual culling and light maps.

Yes intense x is gone, but the shooter templates are evolving again. We'll see.
I hope 3DGS, will keep it simple. Focus on ease of use i.e. particle tools, shader tools built in, template code/scripts, etc. etc...no massive scripting code revisions.

Posted By: Superku

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/19/10 20:23

I really hope they do the complete opposite of what you just said.
Posted By: FBL

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/20/10 18:21

indeed.
I'm really happy that they dropped C-Script and isntead moved the engine to Lite-C.
Despite the fact, that the syntax changes are not that big, C-Script had wierd limitations which made your head meet the wall.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/21/10 19:26

With sincere respect:

It's easy to make a quick little statement. But answer the ? Why no commercial products of late? During the era of the previous two scripting languages, many commercial games were created.

"Yes intense x is gone, but the shooter templates are evolving again. We'll see.
I hope 3DGS will keep it simple. Focus on ease of use i.e. particle tools, shader tools built in, template code/scripts, etc. etc...no massive scripting code revisions."

Superku/Firoball-- this, the above, is what I said. [Tumble weed blows by forum.]

>C-Script had wierd limitations which made your head meet the wall.
It's not what C-script couldn't do, it's what the move to Lite-C has precluded.

JCL said himself that mssive scripting code revisions are not going to happen.

"Recognizing the need for change is good. Change is often not good."

Funny that the proof is in the very forum that you are posting on -- no intense x. And there never will be.
Posted By: Spirit

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 08:29

You seem to have not much done with scripts yet, do you? The move to lite-C was the best thing that happened. For a commercial product, you can not write complex code in C-Script without structs or dynamic allocation.

BTW, IntenseX Pathfinding works well for me. The bug seems to be only in the Copper and Silver version.
Posted By: fogman

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 09:39

Sorry to say, but it´s your fault when you rely to promises.
Intense X wasn´t finished - I wouldn´t spend money to a unfinished solution.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 10:51

But it was finished...
They just wanted to be up-to-date, so they converted everything to lite-c, but now there are errors, but not from IX´s side, but from Acknex´s side.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 11:20

Read the thread. IntenseX Copper had a bug with entity handles and is not finished. Larry said he will fix and finish it when he's back from the army.

But that may take a while, if it happens at all. Being in the army for a year can change many things in someones life and maybe he has then other plans.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 11:45

You know, IntenseX WAS finished in the past, but as C-script version. But now there is a bug in copper as you said.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 12:28

That just means its not finished. When you make a software you normally do a beta test and its only finished when no bugs show up. You normally wont release a software as "finished" when you know it has still a bug. It does not matter if an earlier version worked.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/22/10 12:50

Ok, you´re right, sorry, i thought it would also count as finished, if there was working version.

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/25/10 17:04

From Spirit:
>You seem to have not much done with scripts yet, do you? The move to lite-C was >the best thing that happened. For a commercial product, you can not write complex >code in C-Script without structs or dynamic allocation.

Hmmm...structs and dynamic allocation required a complete overhaul of the scripting language...and complex code couldn't be written without them. Right.

Ability of "Complex" code doesn't = a commercial game.

Look at the bottom of this page:
http://www.3dgamestudio.com/
Do those look like comercial products? Notice that they're pre-lite-c.

One more point, why was there a need to update IntenseX if 3DGS is backwards compatible? Because it isn't and there is a plan to do away with c-script.
Posted By: adoado

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/26/10 15:26

Lite-C was one of the best things that happened to 3dgs, and I believe thats a pretty objective argument. Yes, a series of pre-coded files no longer compiled, but everyone has that. We all have projects that we started in the days of C-script.

Lite-C is more efficient, and brings 3dgs closer to the benchmark of a good 3d game engine. Without Lite-C, I believe the 3dgs community would have slowly drifted into other engines for lack of support of rather simple things, like structs.

There is always another option: Learn AI and write your own?

Cheers,
Adrian

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/30/10 14:46

Did c-script preclude the integration/use of structs????

"AI" is not the point; the point is that the move to lite-c has thrown the 3DGS community a curve ball i.e. intensex is gone. AI could be career in itself.

An intense focus on the editor-- particle editor-- physics-- material library--- shader editor-- terrain editor etc.. (additional functionality to c-script) would have all been better uses of energy than a new scripting language. Barring all that, a better demo of the tech would have been and would be a better use of energy. FYI "3DGS now has structs." is not the headline that 3DGS needed.

The point is as much about business as it is about tech..
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/30/10 15:11

Sorry, vertex, what's the point? I use Lite-C almost the same way as I used C-Script. You don't have to use all the new features.
Speaking about business: Lite-C has been 'sponsored' by Atari, a big reason to make that step.
And, you are talking as if Lite-C broke the code of Aris, I don't think that we can say anything safe about what caused the problems, before Aris fixed his code.
Posted By: penut

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/30/10 15:51

http://www.intense-i.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535
Posted By: penut

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 09/30/10 16:11

"I see A8 is coming out soon, so I'll see where Gamestudio is at at the time i'm out and decide about Intense X's feature accordingly. I'll also be moving to USA (most of you know the situation in Greece these times ain't the best) and try to make my hobby a proffesion. Until then, I wish you all good luck with your projects and I'll c u at my first break (we get 11 days out of the camp in the duration of 9 months. I'll be getting some of those days in a month or so)"
-LarryLaffer

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 10/11/10 17:06

Take a look at the HP of IX, its out of order. Whats happening, does someone know?
Posted By: slacer

Re: New Infos about IntenseX? - 10/15/10 21:37

if he is still in the greek army, he cannot fix his website.
I think he does not even know about that problem.
© 2024 lite-C Forums