Blender 2.66 out

Posted By: Quad

Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 07:26

http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-266/
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 11:16

It seems that sculpting is like Sculptris in some way now.
Well it's not sculptris behaviour, they have lot of work to improve it more, it's not a full sculpting software.

The big advantage is that you have a real modeler, at any time you can sculpt, or edit any polygons , or just simply add polygons or objects etc ...
So this is the power of hard surface modeling combined with sculpting and advanced retopology laugh
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 17:09

omg omg omg.... finally... I can say fuck sculptris and do it all in blender. omg. im so happy, you guys have no idea.

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 17:52

I can say fuck sculptris and do it all in blender

Nope, you are wrong laugh
Sculptris is dedicaced to sculpting, it has great speed and optimisations.

I subdivided a cube a good number of times, it was far fom very detailed Sculptris games i made and it was slow.

I'll do another try, but well i wansn't convinced at all in terms of speed.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 20:21

is it truly that slow?
Posted By: Toast

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/22/13 22:15

Well I'd say it's slower than in many other tools. While I haven't been extensively sculpting in Blender I'd say it's okayish i.e. you can work with it - just don't expect ZBrush like performance. Plus just as with this update the performance gets better and better and I guess the next performance boost is already in the making...

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/25/13 10:07

Really nice videos explaining the new features. The dynamic topology thing sure is a nice addition and I now might give sculpting in Blender a little bit more attention...

http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-series/overview-blender-266/#header
Posted By: ratz

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/25/13 14:30

i use MED tongue

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/25/13 15:07

Originally Posted By: ratz
i use MED tongue

Not everyone is into such an S&M thing... grin
Posted By: gri

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/26/13 09:40

for Newbies Blender can be an spanking S&M thing too. .... I use MED only for converting the fbx to mdl file. I do all the fun stuff in blender and sometimes get an golden shower grin

Re: Blender 2.66 out - 02/26/13 11:24

lol laugh

Well if you follow the basics, that's really not ultra complicated.
What i hate is the views selections (editor, texture,material ) that are very confusing even on 2.65.
I searched for the tools for sulcpting , i seen nothing clear nowhere and had to search on google : it was "T" key for "tools".

I also use MED for conversion only.
© 2024 lite-C Forums