Neoaxis 3.0 free

Posted By: FBL

Neoaxis 3.0 free - 12/01/14 21:35

Neoaxis is now free to use with all features.

http://www.neoaxis.com/news/neoaxis_3d_engine_is_now_fully_free

...Except source of engine core and tools.

NeoAxis 3D Engine is available in 3 editions, each providing a different level of access to the engine's source code.

Free Edition — free development environment, which includes all features of the engine and tools. Includes the ability to expand the engine by creating add-ons.
Professional Edition — includes the full source code of the engine's tools and bigger access to the source code of the engine components.
Source Edition — includes full source code of the engine.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Neoaxis 3.0 free - 12/02/14 08:31

they selected probably the only escape route beside cheap subscription.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Neoaxis 3.0 free - 12/03/14 17:51

I had a look at NeoAxis in the last days. There is nearly no documentation on the game creation workflow neither are there any tutorials. Furthermore, there is no option in any editor to create a game project, only maps. That made me angry. Hope they add it since I like the look and feel of NeoAxis, it seems not to be so stuffed like Unity or the Unreal Engine.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Neoaxis 3.0 free - 12/03/14 23:05

You pretty much named the main problems. Another issue is the general concept they use. The inherit everything endless times... instead of using a component system like Unity.

There are tutorials however, and they work quite well. But the concept is to hook your game to the existing code and later remove everything else you don't need. This means you have to merge your changes with every new Neoaxis release.

I liked a lot of the engine, but this... not. at. all.
No idea what they were thinking there...
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Neoaxis 3.0 free - 12/04/14 18:02

Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'll give it a try on my next free weekend but the UnrealEngine release (4.6) had some nice features as well. Too much to do, but no time. Common adult problem laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums