terrain needed ... payed !

Posted By: Serbanus

terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/01/06 11:30

Hello !

I need terrain and I'm ready to pay for it .
PLEASE, don't start asking me wright now about $ money because there is more than one simple terrain, we'll talk about money soon .

To make it short, send me some selfmade screenshots (*.jpg or *.zip file format) of A6 Engine with your terrains and I'll contact you.

Try to consider the images below, can you work something like that ?

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/5477/2000709193046331985_rs.jpg
http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/4872/2000718212464075348_rs.jpg
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/6031/2000739386007101241_rs.jpg

Best regards,
serbanus

serbanus@email.ro
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/01/06 19:58

Are you gonna use multi-texturing shader on them ?

terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/01/06 21:40

1) It doesn't matter what you are going to use but there is one thing to take in consideration : there is going to be moving dynamic light casting real-time stencil shadows over the terrain !

2) The camera will work in "GOD EYE MODE" so, the camera will get close enough to the terrain : camera.z = clamp (camera.z,300,3000) ; camera.tilt = -45 ;
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/02/06 18:13

Seeing as making terrain is the easiest thing to model, why not do it yourself? Sheesh.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/02/06 20:53

well, he is offering to pay for it , that's worth something i guess...
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/02/06 21:02

Really I don't think making playable terrains is that easy. That is, terrains that work well in combination with models/BSP and are playable, realistic and fun. In other words I don't think it is strange he is looking for a terrain modeller. I myself am now busy making terrains in Freeworld for my game and it isn't as easy to translate that what I have in mind to a terrain as I first thought.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/02/06 21:44

truly good terrain design is an art, like the terrain cartoon is making is turning out much more realistic than something I could have done, it is not incredibly easy

terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/03/06 09:05

-> Matt
Quote:

Seeing as making terrain is the easiest thing to model ...

no comment ... how would I dare ? You're the expert !

-> Manslayer
Quote:

that's worth something i guess...

you're right ! as I was saying " there is more than one simple terrain " and the reward is starting with _00 $ and ends with _000 $ .

I'm dead serious, that's why I don't like to much blah, blah ... sorry guys, no offense intended !

I'm looking forward to receive your screenshots ( A6 engine window only ) .

Best regards,
serbanus
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/03/06 18:05

It will be hard on A6 engine.

why not considering Torque or BV engine , both have complete
realtime terrain editors.
Torque basic has not a real shadow system, but lightmapping can do it and mixed with Torque lightening kit (included in V1.5) it will be ok for lot of real time lights on terrain.

BV has any number of texture layers you want to paint on terrain, you can define the scale of texture tilling also.

I think you could find more people on these engines than on A6 that don't have
real time terrain editor...

Just my thought ... if you are serious and will pay for serious art,
perhaps some real game project ?
why not beginning by choosing an engine adapted with tools for terrains ?

It's just to help you on your decisions and clarify your goals
Posted By: slacer

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/03/06 23:19

Hi expert,

I don't understand why you always point to other engines as solution...
It's like going to a party and tell your neightbours party is much more fun.

Please try to help here with the A6 engine which should be to focus at this forum, don't you think.

If you know a nice tool to solve the problem (like A.L.E) or a great artist, just let us know about this.

-- slacer
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/06/06 11:14

Quote:

Seeing as making terrain is the easiest thing to model, why not do it yourself? Sheesh.

True. Make a height map and linch a texture off of google image search.

But on the other hand, creating a terrain with a story (details like trails, cliffs, vegatation) is a diffrent matter. I'de suggest creating the terrain yourself, rather then flashing cash at people. Doing things help you learn, and thats how i grajewaited.

terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/11/06 17:13

-> Stansmedia :
Quote:

I'de suggest creating the terrain yourself, rather then flashing cash at people.

Since when hireing people == flashing cash ? That was verry rude mr. alien !
Are you from Mars ? Don't you have jobs there ?

Earth to Mars :
" A-r-e / y-o-u / i-n-t-e-l-l-i-g-e-n-t / f-o-r-m / o-f / l-i-f-e ? " beep
" D-o / y-o-u / u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d / m-e ? " beep
" %lk4&a%$5^3/}&w!6 " (translation : those stupid aliens) beeeeeeeep ...

If you have nothing to offer why don't you shup up ?
YOU WERE RUDE KID ! I did same as you did just to teach you a lesson ... and this was for free kid , no thanx needed !
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/11/06 17:22

Oh god Serban, not again...just try and leave the bible out of it this time

(Note: I am not asking for the same treatment. I just couldn't help myself, and don't forget: I was a good homo sapiens...)
Posted By: maybenew

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/17/06 10:36

Quote:

Quote:

True. Make a height map and linch a texture off of google image search.

But on the other hand, creating a terrain with a story (details like trails, cliffs, vegatation) is a diffrent matter. I'de suggest creating the terrain yourself, rather then flashing cash at people. Doing things help you learn, and thats how i grajewaited.

oh my god, do you people even consider for a minute that there may be professionals or semiprofessionals working with A6 and they just need to get some material for their products?
not everybody is here for the fun only and surely not everybody has 3 years to finish a project by doing everything on its own...

i suggest you adopt a better attitude towards users like serbanus who use the engine in a real commercial way and do not pull crap like this if they offer you a job.... in the end they are the people keeping the engine alive, not you hobby freaks...

and to dare and quote matt

Quote:

Sheesh.

to make some sense in this topic: serbanus, sent you a PM
Posted By: Lennart_hillen

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/17/06 22:38

Quote:

Making professional terrains is hard, yours always sucked Matt ^^
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/18/06 01:01

Quote:

Really I don't think making playable terrains is that easy. That is, terrains that work well in combination with models/BSP and are playable, realistic and fun. In other words I don't think it is strange he is looking for a terrain modeller. I myself am now busy making terrains in Freeworld for my game and it isn't as easy to translate that what I have in mind to a terrain as I first thought.

Good point, but that's exactly the reason why you want to have full control about how the terrain has been made too. Adapting a terrain afterwards costs way more time. Making an environment, being it terrains or simply bsp levels, are skills you need. You need to have some paint skills I guess (photoshop or whatever program), but the hardest part is actually designing it and making it fit into your game.

I haven't read all the posts, but I am somewhat interested in this. Just let me know by pm if it's still wanted,

Cheers
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/20/06 12:20

he is doing a serious commercial game ?
does it have a real team or does it have a real solid concept/art/ideas perhaps ?
in that case he could consider Torque for terrains caus it has all tools needed , very fast optimized grass generator (with wind taked account)
and more important : Lightmapping.

i just talk about that caus it seems a real solution for someone wanting to go fast and not spend lot of time with tools or missing things.

my bad talking like always

Re: terrain needed ... payed ! - 11/24/06 09:19

Hello to all !

From now on you may consider this thread closed.
Please, do not refresh it, let it go.

When ready I'll post here some screenshots.

Best regards.
© 2024 lite-C Forums