3D Cube MMORPG

Posted By: magicnxnja

3D Cube MMORPG - 02/15/07 23:13

Looking for game programmers interested in programming a MMORPG called the 3D Cube MMORPG. More Info can be found at http://magicnxnja.tripod.com/

If you are interested in the game design and want to be a part of the team or already have a team of programmers, contact me at dannyblei@yahoo.com.

Also - Your interest should peak at the job salary value which can reach levels of up to $100,000.00 upon and after the release of the 3D Cube MMORPG. I am hoping that HyCube can find some well rounded individuals who are capable of completing the job along with producing an upgradable MMORPG for the ages.

Dan at HyCube - Design and Development
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/15/07 23:45

i dont see how this topic is related to 3dgs in any way, i suggest a mod move this thread to either third party tools, or morbius
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/16/07 08:19

Aaaaa a refreshing offer with lot lot of money, humour, dreams ....
I've looked at the site and i understood nothing , what mean the prices witten in it ?
and i don't understand anything at the thing ? an mmorpg with Cubes ?
even on Amiga it should look better !
In the site lot lot lot of Bla bla bla , come simple cubes images and
you asks for inverstors for 400K and more , are you sure you are in the right place here in indie arena

"salary value which can reach levels of up to $100,000.00"
yeah Baby
And i'll have sex with Christian Aguilera also tonight

For the design if you pay me only 50.000 $ i can participate in designing
grogeous looking CUBES

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/16/07 16:35

for once you have a point the expert, the site is an incredible eyesore, and i dont understand why you think you have enough credibility to get investors to just give you 100K, sorry buddy, but you need a little more skill than being able to make cubes in a 3d modelling program, and a small amount of html knowledge.
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/17/07 01:13

Hiya.

It *is* different, I'll give you that...but...uh, what is it, exactly? The only thing I might understand is that it's a game where lots of people can log on, and then play some kind of '3d cube puzzle' game. I would suggest getting a 'real' web page (re: one not hosted on a 'free' website; one with your own domain name), and working on the presentation. The game needs some clear explaination. Good luck at any rate!
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/17/07 03:47

Quote:

Hiya.

It *is* different, I'll give you that...but...uh, what is it, exactly? The only thing I might understand is that it's a game where lots of people can log on, and then play some kind of '3d cube puzzle' game. I would suggest getting a 'real' web page (re: one not hosted on a 'free' website; one with your own domain name), and working on the presentation. The game needs some clear explaination. Good luck at any rate!

There is definitely a lot of content there, and a lot of planning and design..

But looking at it, I can't help but think that it looks like 3d tetris turned into a MMORPG.. and all that does is makes me scratch my head....

Definitely need some better presentation...
Posted By: D3D

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/17/07 18:59

Step aside WOW and others make place for HyCube!

The story about Daniel the king is very nice I have read trough it before going to sleep. The strange thing is that a few years ago when sitting in a coffeeshop I had this talk with some weird (in a funny way) guy about multiplayer games, but not just with simple shootings and sth. Your idea looks very similar to his; i'd copyright it straight away before someone else runs off with.

10+ AAA Golden it is
Posted By: HeelX

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/17/07 23:42

Ulilillia is watchin' you

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 03:55

Quote:

Ulilillia is watchin' you

Hahaha

The thing that gets me... is that this guy is throwing this up on the web. The DUMBEST thing you can do with what you think could be a profitable idea is to give it to everyone to steal. Sure, try and sue them, but you probably won't even know it, they adapt it, make it enough "their own" and they're home free. Tough luck. Anyway... not sure what my opinion of this stuff is... I'm too lazy to read that much. I'd much rather go to sleep.

-Rhuarc

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 08:04

Listen here guys, I have got the copyright to this entire complexity and I am looking for programmers interested in joining my team to work on a working model, I mean... come on the entire design is golden. And I have got eyes everywhere... O_o That can put a-lot of thieves down and probably into jail. And on top of that they just might have to take out a loan somehwere to pay my fee. This is my idea, and I have had this idea in mind for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. If any of you are interested, I am willing to pay top dollar after release. Will even provide a solid contract that we can talk about. But the main thing is, that everything needs to be generated as explained on the website. I have got an entire game design written out on my other computer, and the ENTIRE game as we can see on the website... is GOLDEN.

Dan at HyCube
http://magicnxnja.tripod.com/
dannyblei@yahoo.com
414-763-4584

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 08:09

OH! AND BTW- this is not a 3D Tetris turned into an MMORPG.

The entire game uses more complex connection patterns and revolves around a cube. And plus as I have explained above I have a copyright so I have a feeling I am just fine. And plus while playing the game you are a character which carrys its own wieght and puzzles in 3D!!!! While Tachnoid infections are running around. And PLUS on top of that you can build your own Bases in 3D! and Onward of course as I am planning on making this 3D with simplification in real symmetrical worlds, while 3D Cubes are traveling around in microscopis space betweens! Then theres the BIG one where huge 3D Cube Bases walk around on planets and fly around in outer space with somewhat of a chess move style while your playing 3D Cube MMORPG inside of the Bases. NOW WHAT PROGRAMMER WOULD PASS UP ON MY OPPORTUNITY LIKE THAT?

I will be speaking with you shortly.

Dan

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 08:14

OH and The Expert, if youare interested in programming this, contact me at dannyblei@yahoo.com with your resume and credentials or something so I can get a better view of what you can do. If you have any 3D demos or something that would be great.

SAME GOES FOR EVERYONE ELSE

Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: Inestical

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 13:03

spammerbots likes underaged boys mailbox.

really, there is and edit button, and there is few concepts for you to understand:
"mature posting"
"styling posts"
"eyeburning layout"
"bad design"

the idea may be good for your thought, but does 8million WoW gamers like it, so you can get big salaries out of 3D tetris?

God save me.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 14:55

hehe, nice one Inestical

Personally i would like the concept of only being a cube in a massive online world. When you're online with other people you would like a little sense of reality (or something that looks like it), to me talking cubes or anything like that does not sound appealing. Online puzzles is a good idea, but not in MMO form. Interactivity with other players will be low and therefore people will not buy it, because a MMO game is supposed to get some form of interactivity between 2 or more players (like trading or killing each other off).

Now the things about the huge funding you suggested where already posted so i won't go into that, but a developer will need to have a good and clean site if they ever want to be taken serious (i'm not even talking about a nice color choise in the layout here but just a good framework). Go and learn some XHTML & CSS first before you go off diving in some million dollar funded MMO game, cause it aint gonna work. Don't get me wrong the puzzle concept maybe good but for you to translate it into an MMO game (or just a single player puzzle game) seems a little far fetched.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm gonna play some World of Warcraft
Posted By: maybenew

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 19:30

Quote:

Listen here guys, I have got the copyright to this entire complexity and I am looking for programmers interested in joining my team to work on a working model, I mean... come on the entire design is golden. And I have got eyes everywhere... O_o That can put a-lot of thieves down and probably into jail. And on top of that they just might have to take out a loan somehwere to pay my fee. This is my idea, and I have had this idea in mind for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

you stole my idea! i had the idea to clone tetris in 3d years ago... i think i will put you in jail...

seriously: if you are serious about this destroy your website and delete your posts here, cover all your tracks, and spend a few weeks getting familiar with the game business, especially financing and prototyping... then you might consider wirting a design document, a technical document, a business plan and some letters to possible funding partners. only after that you are allowed to show your face here again and offer some jobs...

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 20:11

rated 5 for making my day.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 21:37

Excuse me here guys, you must not understand the entire concept of my game, and by the way it is not a 3D tetris you fiend. You must realize FIRST, that this is the best game design created, therefore also realize that the concept will and shall evolve into simplified connections into microscopic realistic beings, this is just now; the first step to my design. And also- based on the in-depth game play which is considering, building bases, clearing tachnoid infect bases and having massive clan matches with other players, along with interactive EVERYTHING, and 2d to 3d puzzles that are quick to learn except when you being chased down by an army of Tachnoids. You need to realize this now. I have put more thought into this than you could ever dream of, so understand the respect of anothers design and learn it. You don't seem to realize the utter value of MY 3D Cube MMORPG. OH - and BTW I am not copying some tetris, there is a whole lot more involved than you may think, understand that also. OH - and also understand that there are millioms of people who consider my entire design Golden, and I can guarantee this now.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/19/07 22:22

millioms of people

-magicxnja

see that is golden right there
Posted By: Andvari

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 00:17

how old are you magicxnja?

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 00:37

21 years old, but if you take in consideration my energy life, longer than you can ever dream of. LOL

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 00:46

Do you have any previous experience in making games?
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 01:26

Quote:

you must not understand the entire concept of my game

Quote:

Definitely need some better presentation...

Says it all ...
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 04:12

lmao... THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THREAD OF ALL TIME!

On the serious side however... I know alot of people who love puzzles, and to my knowledge there aren't any MMO puzzle games out there. One thing that all million dollar games have in comman is that they bring something knew to the table. This might be a great idea who knows. But before you make yourself look any more newbie you might want to revise your site, and English.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/20/07 08:47

Quote:

...the utter value of MY 3D Cube MMORPG.

what graphics! omg!!!

and I seriously doubt that you are 21. more likely 11 or 12. (or then you mis-spelled 12 to 21).
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 02:19

I wish you were standing 2 feet away from me so I could piss in your face...

Thats how stupid I find this whole thread...

I mean seriously. What were\are you thinking...

BTW, I know someones going to, but don't comment on my first statement...

wow, time for a smoke break.

In all seriousness, good luck with your idea. Don't let us influence your decision, go for it and keep trying. But also recognize if it is failing. I don't think 3DGS is the right engine for your project though. It was not designed (although possible) for an MMORPG, or for "Tachnoid infections".

and...

Quote:

NOW WHAT PROGRAMMER WOULD PASS UP ON MY OPPORTUNITY LIKE THAT?

...apparently alot of them.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 08:20

magicnxnja :

I don't want to program sorry , i'm mainly 3D artist now.

In fact you should better explain how combat system works with 2D pictures,
how players run , move ,
No vast planes with houses , only cubes : i think people won't like a lot
that , caus they want cheerfull worlds,with trees, with good lookings sky , characters etc ... in the very modern world ,
games that bring lot of evasion , return to the nature are a good direction indeeed.
In the market there won't be a lot wanting to play some strange Tron game like thing. i don't understand anything about your concept , so how
do you want to convince any programmer even to make a proto ?

I can only suggest you make lot of 2D pictures showing all things from
combat , to exploration , to anything and
lot of 2D art pcitures fro characters , and perhaps lot of cubes for the world , and after that show it to some programmers to see if some want to do anything.

But by reading our posts here you can already see , the problem of your site ,
and how is very hard to understand your game.

I'm sure you could explain with pictures some things, if you can't , it's because it's very very conceptual not enoutgh real.

I could just advice you to make a strategy game , by reading at your site,
it would be lot more appropriate than mmorpg,
cubes are perfect for tetris, board games (even with characters)
etc ... not MMorpg.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 09:48

The idea itself is not too bad. Well maybe it is , but there is some coherence to it. It really sounds to me like this guy wants to make a game like the movie Cube. Cube is somewhat of a horror movie , where a couple of people are stuck in a cube , not in the same one , but meet throught the movie , each one is in a cube of their own to start. Each cube is a room , with doors on each side , the people in the cubes have no idea where they are or how they got there , and are trying to figure that out as well as a way to get out , the thing is , some of the cubes have deadly traps that will kill you (like the grid that slices you to small cubes , something resident evil movie copied from them) , so eventually people run into each other , and figure out about the traps , and start trying to decipher which rooms have them , and they run into some strange markings on the doors , and one of the people in the group through some mathematical formula is able to figure out which cubes have traps. It's a very good movie , specially part 1 and 2 , didnt care much for Cube 3 which was called Cube Zero. So essentially in the movie , the people are in 1 big cube made of many small cubes which are rooms which is where the people are , and the puzzle is finding the way out, btw , at some point in the movie they figure out the cube moves kinda like a rubix cube , making it more difficult to find the exit. I think from this idea , a cube game would definately be possible specially if made in the sense of a horror game rather than an mmorpg. Though I m not sure the whole MMORPG thing would work , it is possible , maybe if more cubes where involved , i.e. different cubes of cubes that somehow interlink , but then you need a good way of taking this concept into a playable and fun mmorpg game.

Edit: Btw , here's a link to a trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/trailers
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 12:12

Creating multi-million dollar MMORPGs is starting to turn into a fad, isnt it? Every few weeks a new comer surfaces with a master plan.

I'm going to save you some time and give you a dead honest opinion.

This project will fail. Not because you suck, but because the project does.
You won't come up with a million dollars for this. Even if you did, would you
know how to manage it? Do you have any experience even running a company?

If I asked you to make a simple game, with nice crisp graphics, and you did. And you thought it was going to be a hit. You post it on the internet, and everybody craps on it. Your probably going to say "these idiots don't know good gaming". The truth is, you spent a week on a failed project. Imagine you did this with an MMORPG thats going to take you 5 years to make.

Start with small projects. ASK ANYBODY, THEY WILL AGREE. But don't let your ambitions die.

And if this whole project is just a plan for you to get filthy rich, then your chances of failure is pretty much tripled.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 12:37

And what if you're wrong? what if he doesn't fail?
We don't know how good he is in programming. What if he has experience?

"ASK ANYBODY, THEY WILL AGREE."

True. I agree. Start small. Always start small.
But that doesn't mean not to continue and get big.

Maybe he's right? I don't think this is the same thing as a newby posting something like:
"hey i'll create a big mmorpg like wow still need people if anyone wants to join me contact me still need programmer modeler and level designer thx."
He's actually thought about it. Maybe his idea is unique.
I agree with theexpert. stick to this until you see it's too big for you.
If you're devoted to it, why not try it?

Honestly, I believe he's closer to finishing this project already than anyone here who i've seen post a "want to make an mmorpg need help" post.

Hope you find someone to help, and always keep in mind that an online mmog is a huge task...

Micha

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 12:54

the problem is that he ins't acting professionally.

he thinks he has the BEST idea there IS and he does not know the costs will hit him as soon he completes (or even when he starts).

If he would've thought "I think this pretty nice concept. I have skills and will to finish this."

and posted like
"Hello,
I have this nice concept about online puzzle game (opg). I have done already this 'n that and are in need of additional help on that 'n those"

but no;
"- Your interest should peak at the job salary value which can reach levels of up to $100,000.00 upon and after the release of the 3D Cube MMORPG."
wtf? no way, sorry dude. no deal. You have free host, free e-mail and crappy looking website. Lost my attention instantly (and laughed a bit) when I saw that you're hosting on tripod.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 13:02

Indeed, having a nice concept is one thing, but acting like a professional is another. A job salary of 100,000 dollars is in no way reasonable even for a professional company like blizzard. Seeking help for something is one thing, but saying that your concept is so awesome that you will make profits of millions just after the release of your puzzle game is just ridicules.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 19:44

Here are my flat out suggestions here:

• Your website is on a free host, and has a pretty eyesore layout. The organization of information makes no sense, and is difficult to get through. If you were wise, you would consolidate everything into a solid design document. I recommend picking up the book Game Architecture and Design and giving it a good read. It will outline a lot of very important concepts in design documentation and asset management. At the very least, try to find some public design documents to view as samples.
  • You are putting your idea online, which is a terrible medium to try and copyright- it's the hardest thing to securely fight in a copyright war with. Even if it is copyrighted, that doesn't prevent people from adapting the idea enough to make it their own. You also cannot prove, even if it does "resemble" your idea, that they stole your idea as long as theirs is believably possible to have been developed on their own- if you idea is worth as much as you think it is, it would be worth it to someone else to put the work into adapting it and stealing it safely from your copyright.

My recommendation is to only place basic introductory information about the project online. NOT the core details. Then, list that if someone is interested, you can provide more information, including a design document, upon them signing a Non-Disclosure Contract. There are several reasons for this, besides the prior reasons stated in 1&2:
1. If they see you throwing your idea online, they will see the risk, even if you don't and will not want to trust their money with you.
2. If you have them sign an NDA, you are showing them that you value confidentiality and that they will be safe to communicate confidential information with you.
3. Honestly... doing it the way you are right now, by common industry practice, is TERRIBLY unprofessional. This is coming from someone who has been in this industry for 10 years.

• MMORPGs are generally developed by not just huge teams. That's a given, and honestly not what you should be focusing on. While there are huge numbers working on an MMORPG, more important is EXPERIENCE. When a company decides to make an MMORPG, they choose someone to design the project that has a large amount of experience in the game development industry because they know what will and won't work. Someone with next to no experience in the industry may have a good idea, but the chances of that actually turning into something are less than nil.

LASTLY:
TAKE ADVICE AND LISTEN. If you just keep saying that people are misunderstanding your concept and that is worth millions, you are a fool. The ability to take criticism and use it to improve your presentation is crucial, without it, I'd just give up now if I were you. The response you're getting here is the same response you'll get everywhere from people with any knowledge of this industry- so take the criticisms to heart and improve things with them.
Posted By: TWO

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/21/07 21:19

Quote:

I wish you were standing 2 feet away from me so I could piss in your face...

This is not the language we are talking here. Even this thread is lmaorotf, thats just rude.

BTW omg, my mother could make a better website...
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 03:41

I was hoping nobody would quote that, because even I thought it was immature and stupid. I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry. It's just that you are completely new, and have an impractible idea. You are insulting us all with your arguments. We have all had years of experience in the gaming industry, and we have at least a rough understanding of how things work. We don't mean to put you down, or burn your ideas, but be realistic, and gain some insight and experience before you go boasting how you have the best idea ever, when you really have nothing but an opinion. And you know what they say, "Opinions are like assholes, everybodies got one..."
Posted By: TWO

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 05:09

You are wellcome But I just read this and thought omg

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 05:14

"We have all had years of experience in the gaming industry" LOL . Sure you do , thats one of the stupidest things i've heard in a while. No one here has any industry experience , trying to learn how to make a game on ur spare time doesnt qualify as industry experience , much less years of industry experience. Theres only a handfull of games made with gamestudio and they all suck and look like they were done by children. Guitar511 , can you provide a link to all the commercially succesfull titles you've done while in the industry , or a link to commercial titles you've participated in during all this years you've been in the industry ? In fact , you're prolly more or less on the same spot as magicnxnja. There is ONLY a couple of people here who have actually been a little successful on here with gamestudio , and even those people dont have any industry experience , as they mostly work with strange networks that really have nothing to do with the game industry. So , stop being a fathead and talking like you got some type of AAA development status when no one here does , not even the top ones here , which you arent one of.

Edit: Btw , your years of professionalism really show on your website Guitar , been a while since I see such a complete and well documented site with so many working links. LOL

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 06:54

@why_do_i_die, actually there are several people who have been in the industry a while maybe not necessarily using 3dgs the whole time, look at rhuarc, i believe his team just got done releasing a game on the xbox, dan silverman has been doing work with 3dgs forever and makes his living off it, not to mention i am currently basing most of my income off of 3dgs and freelance coding at the moment (not to say im great at it or am making a ton of money) so there are in fact many people, even with this very software that have experience in the industry

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 07:06

Some months ago i worked for Vivendi Universal making a couple of models for the IGN's "Xbox360 Live Arcade Game of the Year" title Assault Heroes

And i was hired there for the experience i gained working as a freelancer making models for the 3DGS community =)

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 07:35

Exactly.

Experience, skill and the will to get new challenges is always important.
Posted By: Ayrus

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 08:00

Also, the dev industry isn't just programmers, level designers, modellers and the like. It is also beta testers, publishers, business execs, pr, and people who you don't know what it is they actually do. Myself, I was around in the Quake2 modding era and have beta-tested for Atari previously (Most recently was 2004 - Axis and Allies RTS... havn't been an active tester since really).

Anyways, to get myself back onto the topic, your best bet is to follow the advice givin; especially when it is suggested by all the people thus far. Personally, I took one look at your website and closed the window. I didn't even try to navigate the site. It is definitely not professional, and it definitely isn't going to help convince people to come to your cause.

Also, saying that we don't understand the concept isn't a defense, that is an excuse. It is quite possible and very probable that they/we don't understand the concept, so you need to find a means of better explaining it. It was suggested to do up some drawings, and that is a good idea, but you should also look at how you present your information as well. A concise development document that can be shown (With an NDA) to a prospective teammate will go a lot further.

So now, the question is what are you going to do? Are you going to take into account the suggestions that have been givin and apply some of them; or are you going to carry on the way that you are headed? With the way that you are headed, I personally see nothing but failure; and taking our suggestions, that doesn't improve your chances of completing the game very much.

A couple statistics:
95% of all MMO's fail before they even make it to production

Now, another stat:
95% of all large statistics are made up.

Keep your concept, tweak it as needed, refine it down to 1 very simple puzzle and make that. Then Build on it.

Regards,
Ayrus

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 15:54

Yeah , a reamke of the concept of Cube movie would perhaps be more appropriated
and it seems to be what you want to make even with your own changes.

By seeing you talking money, have a donate link on your page and talking about investors , you seem to be very too much oriented money on your goal.

Like others say , even lot of us have never made a complete game from years ,
so wanting directly to make an mmorpg ,
i think real teams making mmorpg
will prefer to make some standard ones and won't risk in a concept
tha tperhaps not all people like , and it could make a failure.

So yes start small , hire one programmer do four cubes that works with some ennemies and some of your concepts , do a working very small demo , and
if a programmer/3d artist is interested after trying it , sure it will join you.

My only advice my friend

(i don't said others guys posting here won't posted very good advices also,
i don't want another flame war with my very good friends here
that i know appreciate me A LOT )

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 16:51

Quote:

(i don't said others guys posting here won't posted very good advices also,
i don't want another flame war with my very good friends here
that i know appreciate me A LOT )

rofl....
Posted By: Carloos

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 18:01

humm

Deleted.

Bah
Posted By: D3D

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 18:20

While talking about money you forgot to mention the website hycube . com is under auction. Current price $1,470

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 19:51

Wow , your comedy is just as horrible as your as your game development. LOL

edit: btw carloos , with a game as hideous as indoor cart racing , you really shouldnt be making fun of anyone , put your time to learning how to make a game that doesnt look like something from the atari jaguar.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 21:59

huahuahua

You´re funny also. 4_Whom_do_u_die ...

Anyway, I dont make my game for you, I make for myself.

And because I just love spend my spare time on it. I never saw a Atari like this one you mentioned, but, I never said I made THE RACING GAME. I do the racing game I want to do, the way I can, in the time I have. And I´m proud of all the things I learnt doing it.

I´m not laughing at anyone. I just think people get too serious with newcomers posts. I think if this guy thinks he can do it, so he really can.

There is no reason to attack my projects quality, even because I dont care.

Thinking better, i´m laughing yes. I´m laughing about the way some people try to show everybody that things CANT be done.

Luckily, some people think different.

Anyway, Maybe my sarcastic cube, donated for free and with humour ( also free ) can make your anger rock hearts be a little more amabile.

My post was intented to make fun of all the angry posts against the guy, looks like nobody here never were rookies on Indie Game Developing ( like this proudly noob here - myself ).

What is Indie game dev if not a try to go to your limits and beyond ?

Who wants easy tasks, should wash dishes to mom in da kitchen.

Not disrespect to anyone, I only think life doesnt need to be soooooooooo terrible serious.

Ah, c´mon...

Edit :

well, ok. You were not one in the mass laughing...

But anyway, this doesnt give you rights to offend others. Take care, boss.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:04

LOL , here's a link to the atari jaguar game
http://www.mobygames.com/game/jaguar/checkered-flag/cover-art/gameCoverId,13248/
http://www.mobygames.com/game/jaguar/checkered-flag

The only reason I talked down on your game is because you were being sarcastic about the cube , like u were some dev guru , so i checked out ur link on ur web page and saw that piece of crap ur making , and wondered how someone making such a low quality game could have the guts to be ridiculing someone else's game idea. His website and idea might be bad , but your game is worst , and in fact , the idea is at least somewhat imaginative , rather than an indoor cart game : \ What kind of game are you making ? and who in their right mind would wanna play it ? Have you seen your own work ? Any mario kart from the super nintendo days makes ur game look laughable.
"Anyway, I dont make my game for you, I make for myself.
And because I just love spend my spare time on it. I never saw a Atari like this one you mentioned, but, I never said I made THE RACING GAME. I do the racing game I want to do, the way I can, in the time I have. And I´m proud of all the things I learnt doing it."
I'm sure magicninja feels the same way about his project , so if I shouldnt judge your garbage harshly why should you and everyone else judge his as such ? Dont be too offended , 99% of gamestudio projects are garbage , and 99% of it's users arent capable of creating anything better than something that belongs in the Comodore64. I know some people here mention like 2 or 3 people who actually make money with gamestudio or have actual industry experience , but thats exactly right , 2 or 3 people , if Conitec sold 2 or 3 copies of gamestudio I dont think they would be working on A7 , Conitec has 2 physical locations , and a full staff of people who work on gamestudio 5 days a week , so imagine how many sales they have to make to keep alive , and only 2 3 people were named as successful ones ? And I'd personally question those people's success , (getting a little freelance job here and there isnt really making it) lol. Again , not saying his idea is good or bad , but I am a big fan of the cube movies , and those did really well , let me ask you all this , if anyone woulda come to any of you and pitched the cube movie idea to you , what would you have said ? See , we shouldnt be so harsh on the noobs , I myself get irritated with them sometimes , but , didnt we all start the same , and then started learning , it's a natural progression , in the mind it always seems easy untill you actually get to doing it.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:08

Quote:

I know some people here mention like 2 or 3 people who actually make money with gamestudio or have actual industry experience , but thats exactly right , 2 or 3 people ,

It's probably closer to dozens of people. Most 3DGS users never post on this forum. Some of the best looking projects are posted after they have been worked on for quite some time and by a user that is usually new. They come and post, answer questions, and then disappear until next time. There have been many multiple, "successful" projects made with 3DGS over the years.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:11

So , how many sucesfull projects have YOU done Orange ? I know u've been here for a LONG time.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:17

I've done and am still working on one project and only one. I don't work on it 7 days a week, but when I do I'm pretty productive. It has taken so long because of my periods of inactivity, and these periods have nothing to do with funding or anything like that. It's simply life, and learning the ropes and getting motivated. I'm currently in the process of spending several hundred dollars of my own money to obtain character model assets and animations, so this is no hobby project. IMHO, it is one of the 3DGS that has some chance of being a success. I have no doubt I can and will produce a quality product, however the trick will be getting the word out and that's an art form that people have written many books about.

There's not really any need to get defensive and start screaming at me, either. I simply addressed an inaccurate point made that has no basis in fact. It's an assumption based on hearsay, however yes I've been around a long time, and I have a strong memory and know a few things. There's a lot of 3DGS use out there...not all of it obvious, but it amounts to more than three.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:39

Yeah , I do have to agree with the time , it takes time to learn , theres no way around that , i've been here a couple of years myself and still havnt released anything commercial. I myself am investing some money for my new projecto I'm working on , having proffesional work in the game should definately help out. And the trubones pack should definately get me going with the whole characters having to move and stuff , LOL

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/22/07 23:52

Why_do_I_Die :

Man, you must not talking serious. Obviously you must be joking and only trying to make flame in a cup of water.

I know my projects arent "Need For Speed : Carbon" clones, and I never wished to make it.

But... compare my game with that Jaguar thing, is something close to ridiculous, just show how ignorant and RUDE someone can be when the notion of reality is put aside to give space to its own arrogance.

I fell yes offended, when you call anything, not only my work, but all the work around this forum, of garbage.

The only garbage I can see is your tendencious oppinion, that dont respect anything. You got my funny post and used it to attack my work, That maybe not Picasso´s art, but is far better then my old works in a sinclair, making Space Invaders clones using only Z80 assembly.

To you cleary understand, I dont make a Kart ( Kart not Cart ... ) game because I love anything , BUT, Because I was PAID ( yes, man, PAID in US DOLLARS ) to do it. I just hate indoor kart, I raced professionally 2 stroke karts in Brazilian championships about 6 years, and, when talking about kart racing, I know what i´m talking about.

My real project is Formula Cars, that also isnt a top notch racing game, but, is how I spend my happy spare time.

I doint know if you noticed, but in any moment in my post I screamed against ninja, didnt say he has a bad idea, and more, despite of any "professional" talking from you or anyone else, I think if he really want, he can do it. Even who wrote the biggest game ever ( that I really dont know which one is ) one day didnt knew even how to use a mouse.

AND, being you a master in talk about other people projects, I would love to see anything you made that can be so fantastic to proof us all our works are GARBAGE. ( please , no Worlocks or bubles... )

And to finish, I´m sure I was not trying to act as a DEV GURU, as you said, even because I´m very new to 3DGS, AS YOU ARE, and i´m still learning the basics.

If you dont like my "humour" ( deleted btw ) you can say this in a polite way, and PROOF to us that you are yes who makes the difference.

Because acting and screaming against other people work just show you as someone to be ignored. Thats why you die, and keep dying every day.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 00:34

Quote:

... and only 2 3 people were named as successful ones ? And I'd personally question those people's success , (getting a little freelance job here and there isnt really making it) lol...

Why do I Die, If you're referring to me, i worked inhouse for that game, you can check my credits here http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,259223/

And personally, i consider that having my name on a game awarded as "Game of the Year" by IGN is a success

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 01:48

Yes Andvari , this thread is getting old , maybe I shouldnt have posted and let you all just bash away at ninja , lol . Your a good modeller andvari , but that wasnt my point , to be more honest i'd say the actual percentage is around 5% , as there has been some games made with gamestudio and there IS some talented people , but most here arent, hense using gamestudio. I'm also aware of Drew who does levels for AAA games , so I know there's some people here with some experience , but most are just people trying to make games from their home in their spare time . as am I , which is why I replied , even though I dont doubt carloos has learned a lot about making games through working with gamestudio , as I have myself , he just sounded extremely arrogant , like he was a member of Epic games or something , I myself have learned thouroughly how a game is made and how much hard work it is to make one , and the money that is needed , but that doesnt give me any industry experience , just makes me more knowledgeable of how things work. I think pointing a person in the right direction rather than maknig fun of them or riculing them is a better way to go about it. Though again I'm not questioning wether his idea is hard to implement or not , we all know it's almost impossible to make a successful MMORPG from home with no funding , but I dont see why someone with the dream of making one should be pissed on by some forum member and ridiculed by the rest , I mean , he's a fellow gamestudio user , why bash him so badly ?
Posted By: fogman

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 09:55

Quote:

he just sounded extremely arrogant , like he was a member of Epic games or something

Hell...
So in your opinion it would be ok, if someone from epic is arrogant?

Just a hint: This is the jobs offered section - and not Morbius...

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 12:54

Interesting.

How can you be so polite talking with more experienced users then you are when talking with us "noobies" ? What are you afraid of ?

First you say that I make hideous "games", then you say that you dont doubt I learned a lot about game making ?

By myself, I yhink here we have tons of talented people. The point is, talented people who, in its major part, have lives to live, bills to pay, and so on, and dont get this gamestudio thing as theyr way of living ( altought everybody here would love it ). So what we can see in the forums are sometimes almost heroes, that make plans, models, 2d art, code, levels and some even launch theyr games and make some money. Too much tasks to be acomplished for lonely developers, but some of them do it.

We also have tons of people who never show nothing, or almost nothing, or lost all theyr work in "hard disk crashes", but think they know enough to judge other people work and behaviour, and dont miss a second in starting flaming at someone overreacting with anything.

I think you should apologise for your "hideous" opinion, as I do now for my joke with ninja, ( hey Ninja , sorry ok ? - was not trying to riducularize you ), or, better, you should go to the showcase forums and put your opinion there, in plain words, to people know what you really think about theyr work, and tell them they should stop working right now with game making, because they arent Epic or Blizzard genius.

I dont want to get this any longer, but you MUST understand that, what is a fantastic game for you, maybe is just garbage for someone else, and vice-versa. ( like some childish puzzle games, but this is another story...) ... but they will not throw this in your face.

To finish, I apologise again if my joke offended someone.

But I really think your post offend almost all users in this forum.
Posted By: fogman

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 13:04

I´ve said it once, and I´ll say it again:

Quote:

and dont get this gamestudio thing as theyr way of living

I do. And atm I make my live on gamestudio. You don´t have to make games. You can go with VR, Simulations and so on.
To make money with games or any applications you don´t need the Unreal Engine or VC++...
You can ask Dan Silverman, George Pirvu and a lot of other users. You can live on gamestudio. Period.

Edit:
Quote:

( altought everybody here would love it )

Well - then just do it.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 13:06

What I was trying to say, is that the major part doesnt live on Gamestudio.

I know that are some users that does. And I´m glad for it.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 14:50

Quote:

And personally, i consider that having my name on a game awarded as "Game of the Year" by IGN is a success

Heh... You don't need to work on a "game of the year" to be successful, even though that is mega sweet. We all have our own successes. For example, on valentines I got frisky with two girls at the same time. I'm a dev nerd whos life revolves around video games, and I can confidently say I had a tongue war with two of the hottest girls ive ever macked on. It's no where near the peak of sexual exploration, but fact is I set a person ground breaker. Anybody could have told me that I would never get a chance to do that, but bam i did. And I could so easily rub it in there face. What if this guy making cubemmorp actually does succeed? And most of you guys said completely negative things. (Like I want to piss in your face, what the hell was that?)

I personally think that this project is nuts, but I don't doubt that this dude can make a sweet game (in time and experience). This threads turning into a war and nothing positive is really coming out.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 16:32

I have to agree with stansmedia, i think he could do it after a few years of expirience and a little success, now Im not saying go for it or anything but you dont have to insult him.. (the face pissing comment) and its rude ot argue in his post, some people gave him good advice, and thats what he needs, not flamers, or people who like to make fun of people for there dreams.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 22:24

LOL , your all retarded , thats my final veredict , now just ignore my posts and let this post continue being about ninja looking for a team instead of defending your pathetic games/work/talent. I mean , simple , gamestudio has been aroudn since the days of quake , and not 1 AAA game , NOT ONE , in like 10 yrs of existance , how can you all even defend that ? The ones who make a living on here with gamestudio do by making hideous work for stupid stuff like schools and retarded things that dont have to really compete with anything. Make at least 1 AAA game , or just 1 A game , and then talk about your talent or whatever you want. 1000 mediocare games are just that , 1000 mediocare games , and thats what has been done with gamestudio , 1000 games no one plays , where's the success ? Look at Popcap , they make extreme simple 2D games , with ancient gameplay mechanics , and they've somehow managed to become extremely popular and successful , gamestudio users get a powerfull 3d engine and cant make ONE game that cant compete even with a small 2d game from popcap , much less the 10 yr old doom game , lol , so imagine where you stand with todays games like Gears Of War. So where is all this talent you all speak of ? I fail to see it anywhere. Even Andvari's models are low and bad quality compared to the standards of today.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 23:36

Hummm..

Funny, mr. Judge, if Gamestudio is so bad and we users are all retarded, I think the king of the retarded is you, that can see all this cristal clear and is still here.

Keep offending. Will be great for you.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/23/07 23:47

Funny thing is that not everyone you are referring to uses 3DGS as their primary engine

Quote:

I mean , he's a fellow gamestudio user , why bash him so badly ?

... Priceless.

Good to know we all take our own medicines

Let's just make one thing clear- if I remember right, I temp-banned you a number of months ago (correct me if I'm wrong) for the same behaviour you're showing now.. Let's not do that again, hmm?

There's a difference between criticism and insulting and violent speech.

Mod of this forum has been notified. This thread is not doing any good any longer, and it appears the OP isn't even around.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 02:20

You remember wrong , I have never been banned or temp banned from here. And Carloos , I never said gamestudio was bad , I've always said how great and engine it is. Funny how now I'm the one being accussed of insulting people , yet no one else is being blamed. Maybe you should read the post from the begining Rhuarc before commenting.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 05:27

Quote:

You remember wrong , I have never been banned or temp banned from here. And Carloos , I never said gamestudio was bad , I've always said how great and engine it is. Funny how now I'm the one being accussed of insulting people , yet no one else is being blamed. Maybe you should read the post from the begining Rhuarc before commenting.

I've been reading since the beginning, and been posting since the start. Maybe you should read better and you'd see that . Perhaps I am mistaken, but I am certain you have been warned for being too hot headed on the forums. Keep your cool. Once again, there is a difference between criticism (even if toned harshly) and flat out insults. You didn't critique anything, you simply jumped in to say that you thought everyone was retarded, and also went way off topic. That's the difference here.

-Rhuarc

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 09:22

Uh oh, looks like somebody didnt get their 3 oclock breast feeding and got cranky. Formula just doesnt cut it, does it?

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 16:23

Sure Stan , I know u only speak because your boyfriend Rhuarc wont come and ban you , but then who would ban the person who spitshines your nighstick , right. LOL

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 16:23

btw , if I get banned over this dumb stuff I WILL go directly to Conitec and straighten things out.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 17:16

It's so easy to say LOL. But are you really laughing? Are you? Or are you pretending to laugh to somehow... 'demonstrate' that this matter is irrelevant and pointless to you. If this was the case why are you fighting everyone? And I'm not just defending raurch, I'm defending everybody.

Quote:

LOL , your all retarded , thats my final veredict

It's almost noon, your moms probably got your baby formula ready. LOL

edit:

Quote:

but then who would ban the person who spitshines your nighstick , right. LOL

Ruarch works hard at his security job, and when he comes home after beating up jerks like you, I help him out by cleaning the bits of blood and looser off of it.

Oooh, sick burn.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/24/07 18:59

Let's not fight 'ere.

You both should be timebanned, flaming others is not allowed.

I don't recall this being thread to insult someone who isn't professional and does live in the happyhappyland, so results may not ne what he thinks. I don't recall this being thread to fight eachother either.

So just stop you two. You are again nice example of giving nice image of the community. I wouldn't reg on after seeing this thread.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG - 02/25/07 06:52

Quote:

Sure Stan , I know u only speak because your boyfriend Rhuarc wont come and ban you , but then who would ban the person who spitshines your nighstick , right. LOL

This is your official warning. The topic is considered closed, and awaiting a mod to lock/archive it. If you wish to continue the discussion, it should be via PM, not a public forum. Also note that all PMs are subject to the same rules as the forum. The moderation staff has been alerted of this warning.

If you proceed to post again in this topic unless it is relevant to the OP and within forum rules, you will be banned. Likewise, any other forum violations are subject to banning at the discretion of the moderator addressing the offense. The duration of a ban, should one occur, will be up to a decision of moderators of this forum section.

Kris- this is a reminder to watch your step... just because he's throwing mud doesn't mean you should step in. Let's not start a pissing contest .

-Rhuarc

PS: OP- if you wish to reopen your topic with a new post after this one is closed or archived, feel free to do so; I recommend you rethink your approach and try to create a different presentation, and you may receive more constructive feedback.
© 2024 lite-C Forums