Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware game!

Posted By: sPlKe

Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware game! - 01/10/08 11:00

thank you for clicking... both of you!

its not easy to get people interested in creating a freeware game, as you dont get payed for it. wich is obvious for the most obvious of reasons: freeware...

however, those two of you who might be interested would need a few more informations i guess...

i plan on doing a sort of adventure, with little fighting and massive amounts of text and voices.
for this, i would need a level designer or two, a coder or two and a model designer or two.

i cannot say anything about the story yet, of course, but it is already done. and will be kept secret during development (more or less, as you guys need to know what to work on) so i am talking about technical aspects here.

engine: i woudl suggest we use A7, but since i only own A6 this is not an option (afaik)

style: this migth come as a shock to you, but i am opting for a realistical CGI style. that means like a cgi movie instead of real movie. like the cutscenes in final fantasy or resident evil games...

location and story: thats classified (i allways wanted to say that) but the location is a village/city in the middle ages somewhere in europe. that means houses and houses and more houses...

shaders: i hope we could do some bump/normal mapping with specular lightning, bloom, reflective water and stuff...

what would i do: well, i would write the story as well as all dialogues, strings, and basically everythng that has something to do with story and stuff. i will also do the music, voice acting and stuff cuz thats what i am good at. i have never worked with model-only levels, so i dont know that, but i am sure i could easily do that when i have all teh assets i need. i would also provide you with some ideas, concepts and stuff and organize everything nicely...

sicne this is freeware, dont expect to get paid. im not planning on releasing it comercialy, EXCEPT we find the product to be appealing to some. however, then we share everythign we get equally, but tont expect that to happen...

for any other questions, PM or e-mail me please^^
Posted By: Ilidrake

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/11/08 20:59

I sent you a PM

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/12/08 10:38

i answered you^^ thanx^^

anyone else? coding, maybe?

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/14/08 20:16

so i guess i have to code it myself then.. oh god...
Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/14/08 20:25

if i get time i may be able to supply a city level, it`ll be a cross between medival and gothic kinda, if that`ll suit your needs let me know.

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/14/08 23:27

it does. however i dont need full cities, only parts of, because the entire game takes place in ONE city... a big one that is...
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/18/08 20:29

i would like to help level design
Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: Coder, level and Model Designers 4 Freeware ga - 01/24/08 20:59

I have some A6 code that I wrote for adventure stuff with swords and stuff and it could easily have NPCs added in.

I made a small dungeon with 1 key, 1 item (a lantern), some enemies and a boss. I stopped working on it after that because my humanoid modeling skills are terrible and I could no longer bear to look at my character.

With some additions though, this might be just what you need.
© 2024 lite-C Forums