TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team.

Posted By: Skull4Skate

TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 20:28

Hi all ! , Im Skull4Skate and as you guys may have guessed by this being my first post im new smile Now i should get down to the main reason i made this topic , I have come up with a TPS (Third Person Shooter) game concept called "Playground for the mind" this concept consists of a virtual world (The Playround) for game users to roam around and do whatever the hell they like, go driving , shooting , swimming , running , riding , flying, anything.

Now if your having trouble getting the concept think Justcuase , GTA , Saint's Row.

Now Calm Down Before You Think Ow Another GTA Maniac that wants to blow old grannies heads off STOP !

My idea was not to create one of the most violent game's ever made it was to create a virtual world where user's can do what they like (Of course with engine restrictions).

To be honest i think one of the main reason's games like GTA boomed was because of the ablility to do what ever game players wanted i remember just loving getting an aeroplane from the airport and jumping out at high altitude, deploying my parachute and floating all the way down.

Anyway's back to the topic im not a game developer nor to i claim to be i have only small experience with 3dgamestudio and other game engine's (Perhaps this is why my concept is abit far fetched and needs mabye bringing a little more into reach) i would like to call myself a project manager but without a project to manage i dont think that fits quite yet.

This would be a non-paided team (unless the game is retailed someday) contributors or team member's , like myself will be doing this becuase of there love for the concept and hopefully project. However at this point i will state all main team member's would have a % each larger to my own (because as project manager , unlike many other company's i class my contribution to the project small compaired to developers , modelers etc.

The Team , Now as stated in the topic subject im looking for a entire team , this means :

Programmers/Scripters, Modelers, Concept airtist's, Level designers, Audio editors, Animation editors.

Thank You ! Too whoever has taken the time to read my topic and i hope that you are now deciding whether or not to join the team.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 20:39

Quote:
My idea was not to create one of the most violent game's ever made it was to create a virtual world where user's can do what they like (Of course with engine restrictions).

While making the 'most violent game ever' is very hard, but at least it's still a realistic goal to catch.
Doing everything you like is, however, not.
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 20:49

Quote:
im not a game developer nor to i claim to be i have only small experience with 3dgamestudio and other game engine's

And yet you expect to lead a team in making something with which you have no experience? You expect to make a huge game like GTA when you can't even make a small game like Pac-Man? crazy

I'll keep this short:
1) Nobody will form a team with you. Those that do will be even less aware of what it take to make a video game than you.
2) Nobdy will work for free. Royalties are a carrot that amateur game developers dangle in front of even MORE amateur game developers in order to get some work.
3) If you don't have a small game or two under your belt, you should not expect to make a large game.

Best Advice: make a small game. In about 2 years you'll be ready to make your GTA dream game. If you don't have 2 years, aren't willing to wait 2 years, or 2 years sounds execissive, then you have no buisness in game development. wink

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 21:05

@ FastLane69
1) I Said I Was A Project Manager If You Dont Know Thats The Foundations Of Any Team How Can Teams Run Effietentlly If There Is No One To Manage Them ? But However You Are Right I Cant Even Make A Game Like PAC-MAN Nor Did I Say I Could Thats Why Im Creating A Team Of People Who Can , And I Will Manage Them.

2)If You Would Not Work For Free,(Until/If Royalties Come) Then You Have Not Fallen In Love With The Game Concept.

3)To Quote "The GTA Dream" There You Go The Typical Sterotype Has Been Attached To Me Again, Becuase I Mention I Liked GTA's TP (Third Person) Gameplay ? I Said i Would Like To Create A Virtual Reality Game And NOT a GTA Copy, After All Thats What GameStudio Was Made For Virtual Reality, No ?.

4)To Quote "then you have no buisness in game development" Thanks wink But Im Afraid As I Said In Point One Teams Of Developers Need Manager's , Name One Buisness That You Know That Runs Smooth Without One Hmm ? Even Your Faviourte Macdonalds Has One.

@ Joozey
Your Right It Is Far Fetched Perhaps Im Living In My Own Virtual World In My Head Ha smile Sorry If My Grammer Mislead You I Didnt Mean Anything It Was More A Marketing Pitch Sort Of Line Wich Was Abit Silly. I Meant A Virtual Reality 20th-Century Game.

Thank You Both For The Critasism And Quick Reply's, Im Sorry About Winding You Up In My Last Post With My Outragouis Concept Im Not One For Sitting Back And Letting My Dreams Run Free I Do Prefer To Try And Do Something To Make Them Happen.

Posted By: Shadow969

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 21:17

there's no need to write everything with capital letters, Joozey and fastlane69 just told you the bitter truth. it's sad, but noone will work for free, especially on such a big project

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 21:19

Sorry about the caps wasent intended sometime i slip back into doing it, i know its bad grammar i started doing it becuase i thought it looked nicer a while back now , anyways it was not intended to offend or mean an aggresive tone , sorry.

EDIT: I realise now that nobody would work for free unless they loved the idea as much as i do , i must be caught up in the moment.

EDIT2: I think it would make sense if i took some advice started of devloping a small game and then when i get to the start of my dream project i can use the forum's to post questions i need ansewered , im sure everyone would be happy to give some help/advice , anyways the team is always open if anyone would like to help please feel free and reply if not , dont.
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:04

I disagree with fastlane69 about the fact that people will not work on a royalties only basis, as we have a super team of non-ametuers working on royaltys only, and we are producing amazing results.

But i do think that you shouldn't manage a team of game creators, without any experience in making games.

Try making some small games , and work from there.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:05

Everyone got their dream game, and we all start with pacman. You need to start to develop the game yourself, and when you got something to show, people will jump on your train.

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:08

I never made pacman frown , i need to. lolz

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:18

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
But i do think that you shouldn't manage a team of game creators, without any experience in making games.

Makes sense now lol , i really dont know what i was thinking before how can you manage and correct mistakes if you cant spot them in the first place lol.

Originally Posted By: Joozey
need to start to develop the game yourself, and when you got something to show, people will jump on your train.

Im going to start to learn lite-C properlly i mean i did the tutorials, but that doesent make me and exspert at all yet.
I only wish there where more training resource's could you recommend any ?

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
I never made pacman frown , i need to. lolz

Lol same , but Pac-Man was great , lets also not forget pong ! some real hard-core graphics in that game lol

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:25

the lite-c forum area, that will help you alot ,if i was you i would just experiment with code.

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 22:34

Also i just thought , who would want to work on royalties only , for someone who will get part of the money who doesnt do anything for the team.
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 23:12

Blade, even if what you say is true, that would make you the exception not the rule. Name one other team here on this forum that has 1) completed a game under the royalty scheme and 2) actually received royalties!!! laugh
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/06/08 23:48

preva laugh .... sorry, i agree thats not the usual way it works out, but, you asked for one so i thought i'd be mean and just say one.

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/07/08 00:29

I have not been on this forum for long , so i wouldnt know, i havent even seem a game completed , that i know off, (one i saw in production first)
Posted By: lionclaws

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/07/08 20:45

What?...."Doing everything you like"....I don't think so,not even the Pros. will claim that's possible. Nobody is trying to beat you down,rather making you see the reality of Game creation....it's a long and not so easy process.All you have to do is put together a small level >> finish creating all needed objects >> make it playable to you first;then post in the forum for us to do a serious surgery on your finished level.That way you know for sure what everybody is trying to say to you. However, it's a godd start,you have a dream;that's really a good thing.Now,the next step is make your dream materialize and how do you go by doing that????. I wish you the best man. We are all trying to make any project materialize only to find out it's hard work and takes time,regardless of a "Team/or not". Don't feel bad man,welcome to the club.

Re: TPS Game Concept Looking For Entire Team. - 08/08/08 00:43

No one needs to post anymore i realised reality and as far as im conserned this topic is closed.

Also thanks to all who made me realise this smile
© 2024 lite-C Forums