urgent plss

Posted By: xpressionals

urgent plss - 06/11/09 04:22

Can someone help me in designing a game demo using 3D game studio.
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: urgent plss - 06/11/09 05:08

How about some details like;
1. What type of 'Game' it is (3D, 2D, Mix)
2. What Gendre... (top down, side scroller, 1st/3rd person, RTS, FPS ETC...)
3. What skills level are you in Game design, Game development, coding, image making, modelling etc.....

Would help get more responses and advice and diredtions etc....
Posted By: croman

Re: urgent plss - 06/11/09 09:34

hey guys, i'm new to 3dgs, but i have a great idea for a game and i need someone to create it with me. - i hate those kinds of posts!

xpressionals, you're the beginner, you cant ask for a team nor someone to create a game for you. you have plenty of tutorials on this site. read them one by one, and learn by yourself like most of(if not all) us did
Posted By: Error014

Re: urgent plss - 06/11/09 14:46

Oh man, you know what would rock? Like, this kind of amazing game, say... so, first, there should be a free roaming camera. Imagine that! You could look at the level, which consists of, say, a skybox? Oh, and a terrain and maybe a number of model entities? Not sure which I'd use, maybe blood_gorge+6.tga, small_terrain.hmp, earth.mdl, blob.mdl and... oooh, maybe wall.mdl.

But it doesn't stop there! Let's say we put... uh, five different particle effects there? And if you press a certain button, its activated! Some ideas for those:
* Explosion where each particle has a random colour
* A 'Particle within particle' effect (say, a big explosion where particles then have a smaller explosion at the end of their lifespan?)
* A particle 'tail', maybe for another particle that you can shoot?
* Oooh, snow? That'd be amazing. Especially, but this is really not obligatory, say the user could control the strength of this effect? We must remember to switch the sun off when we use that effect.
Man. If only I had a HINT, like "There are some predefined engine variables which control the sun’s parameters.", that'd make it easier!

Goddamn, that game demo would be incredible. Too bad nobody in the entire world will create your own homework. Sucks, huh? Man, we can be so mean.

Yes, users here will help you, most likely, especially if you stop using pointless annoying subjects like "URGENT PLSS". However, this task really isn't that hard. So go ahead and do it. Who knows, you might even find it fun.

(and for the clueless that don't understand this post)

Also, it'd be hilarious if your teacher read this forum (and since its the official forum, thats really not that far-fetched) and thus would know how you get ahold of your homework.
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: urgent plss - 06/11/09 14:57

Woah crazy. You probably put more thought and effort into this reply than he put into his 'game'.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: urgent plss - 06/11/09 15:48

Those threads are hilarious!! laugh
Man, i gotta repeat these words everytime:

YOU CAN'T JUST ASK SOMEONE TO MAKE FOR YOU A WHOLE PROJECT!! You really should think about that.

For example:
Haii, iam a n0o0b en c-light and i wunna mak a W0O0O0OW gaem. plzzzzz mak et fur mei plzzzzzzzzzzzz!! ai ned et

That's stupid, right??

And, as Error014 said, don't make a thread with a subject like "urgent plss" or "i need a team for a game" etc...
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: urgent plss - 06/20/09 22:49

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
Those threads are hilarious!! laugh
Man, i gotta repeat these words everytime:

YOU CAN'T JUST ASK SOMEONE TO MAKE FOR YOU A WHOLE PROJECT!! You really should think about that.

For example:
Haii, iam a n0o0b en c-light and i wunna mak a W0O0O0OW gaem. plzzzzz mak et fur mei plzzzzzzzzzzzz!! ai ned et

That's stupid, right??

And, as Error014 said, don't make a thread with a subject like "urgent plss" or "i need a team for a game" etc...

if you only knew the meaning of the word "irony"...
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: urgent plss - 06/20/09 23:02

OMG crazy I wish it were that simple....
But then again, i don't. If you could just ask someone to make a game, and 3 days later they would post in your thread with an AAA title ready for release... game development wouldn't teach you anything, and you wouldn't have any fun.

Re: urgent plss - 06/21/09 11:32

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

I know the meaning of "Irony". I used some of it in my post. wink
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: urgent plss - 06/21/09 18:42

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

I know the meaning of "Irony". I used some of it in my post. wink

i doubt that XD
Posted By: Joozey

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 09:10

Killed by ones very own irony. The irony.

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 09:24

Originally Posted By: sPIKe
i doubt that XD

If you paid more attention to my post you'll see the REAL meaning of Irony. xD
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 13:00

Originally Posted By: sPIKe
i doubt that XD

If you paid more attention to my post you'll see the REAL meaning of Irony. xD

Damn those people using that FAKE irony meaning!

Originally Posted By: IRONY Merriam Webster Online Dictionary
1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony
2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony tragic irony

So far you've hit 2 of them unknowingly, why not go for all 3 and make us all laugh wink

Thanks for replies, really made my day smile

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 13:13

So, this thread is for irony??
Posted By: badapple

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 13:25

you dont know when to quit do you?

Re: urgent plss - 06/22/09 14:05

Originally Posted By: badapple
you dont know when to quit do you?
I never quit!! laugh