[Unpaid] Medium RPG with Lite-C

Posted By: Joquan

[Unpaid] Medium RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 03:54

E-mail: joquanpro (at) gmail.com

Project Name: Still need to come up with one

Project Description:

I plan on creating a medium sized RPG game as somewhat of a tribute to the Elder Scrolls games. (Will not be published under any names, just as a small hobby project)

What I want(Basically, more details if you email me):

FPRPG (First person RPG, but possibly with an option to change to 3rd person view?)
Epic story (I can do that part)
Fun gameplay (GOOD weapon animations, realistic combat and health systems)
Nice graphics (Doesn't have to be top-of-the-line, but nice enough to look professional)
Good GUI
Ability to create and personalize your own character through a wide selection of looks and races. (More about that, if you email me)
and of course...
A save/load system.

Jobs Offered:

Lite-C Programmer - I need a Lite-C programmer that is capable of creating all of the game's scripts, and can make a character creation template, as well as a class generator and skill system

Modeler - I need a modeler to create all of the models in the game according to concept art or description

Animator - needs to be able to animate models according to what I need

Texture Artist - I also need an artist that is capable of creating decent-looking textures for a medieval RPG.

Concept Artist - I need an artist that can make nice concept art. You must be able to create characters, monsters, weapons, armor, and even map art, which I will use in my mapping.

Map Assistant - Even though I can create most of the maps, I will need some assistance. You will need to be able to create a full-size worldspace, but you will not be required to make all of the maps.

E-mail - joquanpro (at) gmail.com
YIM - xenos7777
Posted By: Quad

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 08:03

at last that happened too, Joquan asks us to make his game...

As everyone else says in every other single thread, without a protoype, which is a proof that you can actually do something and project is not just words, no one is going to help you.
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 08:11

A unpaid game and with all those features and you just finished the workshops? Sounds not good. And your website is...funny wink "the next gaming revolution" and unpaid? I hope to see this.

And your Project Phoenix Demo has many bugs but I think you know it.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 09:08

Hey Joquan, i donīt want to be unfriendly, but it doesnīt seem to be a small RPG.
Posted By: Rasch

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 09:56

Originally Posted By: alibaba
Hey Joquan, i donīt want to be unfriendly, but it doesnīt seem to be a small RPG.

Exactly what i fought after "Thats what i want"
Posted By: Inestical

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 10:28

As this seems to be a bigger project, please reformat your posting to meet the posting guidelines, and read them yourself.

Posting Guidelines
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 10:45

Originally Posted By: alibaba

Well, for YOU it sounds like a big project, but don't forget that this a project of the professional game studio Joquan! The owner (and only employee) of this studio just have read the Workshops, so this project can't fail.

Stop making jokes about joquan, he is the only serious player inside this community!
tongue

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 11:11

JustSid: No offensive sarcastic remarks, please.
Posted By: Rasch

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 11:27

Anyway it was funny laugh And as we all know. Those threads dont deserve anything else, even if its sad frown

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 22:12

Okay, here is the first thing

Quote:
The owner (and only employee) of this studio just have read the Workshops, so this project can't fail.

Owner, yes. Only employee, no. I went through them quickly, as I understand things easily, once I start learning. I hate sarcasm.

@Everyone else

Sorry it too my so long to reply, I had an issue with malware attacking my laptop, and my desktop has been acting like crap. tongue Anyways, I realize that you guys think this is going under our name, but this is just a personal type project, but I will need some help. Wow, anywhere else I seem to go, I never have any trouble with getting help, but with this community, of all things, a more basic engine, is the most brutal one I have been to.

(PS-Yes, the first Project Pheonix demo has many errors; with the second one, some of those bugs were fixed, and the graphics were improved. The third demo is due for release very soon. I just need to finish the Ancient Elf Castle, and possibly a quest to go with it, and it will be finished.)

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 22:45

This really is the best community I am knowing so far. But with an list of tons of features, an "developer studio" and just finished the workshops: we all had it million times before. Always start small, don't think you can make a mmorpg and things like that. And if you just need help, than UNPAID is not necessary, everyone (nearly) gets enough help here for free.
Posted By: Quad

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/13/10 22:48

This post is directed to Joquan, not TheLiam^^. Read on.

Contradictions... Contradictions... ehhmmm..

First of all on this community, you left a not-so-good first impression. Saying the community is not helpful is a one big lie, or you do not check threads other than yours.

You will indeed need some help, and we will of course help if you ask it the right way. Just do not go and start a thread about a project yet to start, you would not believe what glittery threads with hollow words and with obvious ignorance and with obvious lack of knowledge about non-started projects that this comunity have seen.
Consider the idea that starting with a small and fun project(it can still be a rpg) would be easier for you to accomplish,more believable.

Drop the attitude, it's not a bad thing but stop swimming in dreams and get real if you want to get things done. Actually start the project. Go ahead and code some movement script, when you cannot get over something while your coding such stuff, ha! That's when you need to ask help and that's when you will definately get help.

P.s. I really like to help beginners -not that i am so pro-, but your attitude makes me not want to help you. thanks.

Regards,
-Quad.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/14/10 03:10

I didn't say it wasn't helpful, I said that it seems to be the most brutal to people trying to start something.

May I ask, why do you think you can tell me the right way to ask for help? I am not as stupid as you may think.

What attitude? Who's to say I haven't started it, and I just haven't gotten to the screenshots yet?

I have worked on the workshops, but the programming is not my strong point. You must understand, I have been a graphic artist all my life, and it was just recently that I started a programming course.
Posted By: badapple

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/14/10 04:05

"I have been a graphic artist all my life"

well ive already pointed out that youve asked for help with a banner for your website on another forum , and even though you say you eventually made one your self , it still means you cant be much of a graphic artist. quad has dished out so much good advice on you , and you ignore it all. your problem is you do not want to ask for help! you want free employees to do your
work , well my young friend you wont find them here!

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/14/10 23:52

You have pointed out something that I said, because at the time, I couldn't find my graphic software.

Quad didn't give me any good advice, as far as I can remember. The only DECENT advice you guys gave me was the advice to change my name from Ltd. I ASK FOR HELP! If you think that I want my employees to do all my work, you are very ignorant. I have said many times that I know that one person cannot create the game I have planned. (Project Pheonix) I have just had trouble finding people who can program games in SpiderMonkey.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 04:10

I think you're missing an animator in that list. Or if you want the modeler to do that, you'll want more than one modeler for a "medium sized RPG", especially if it's on such a scale that you expect you'll need assistance putting maps together.

And regardless of whether or not Quad can tell you how to ask for help (I believe Quad can), you should understand that you're not presenting yourself in such a way that people will want to assist you.

Have you ever seen the occasional really small but well-polished project (pong clones, breakout clones) that get into the "Projects" forum? They receive much encouragement because most newbies will not start small, even though it's the best thing for them to do. It garners respect and experience that'll take you places and make your future plans much more realistic. I didn't start small, and I still have never completed a game.

Jibb

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 05:04

I haven't completed a full game yet, but I have created RC's of my main adventure game project. (Which already has plans for a sequel. tongue )

Anyways, thank you for reminding me of the animator, I completely forgot. tongue
Posted By: Slin

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 13:32

Why are you so ignorant?

Quote:

May I ask, why do you think you can tell me the right way to ask for help? I am not as stupid as you may think.

He probably canīt and he didnīt, but he told you that you are doing it the wrong way. And now ask yourself again why noone helps you. Maybe because you are REALLY asking in a wrong way?

Quote:

What attitude? Who's to say I haven't started it, and I just haven't gotten to the screenshots yet?

A screenshot is one press of F6, nothing to get to. If you donīt show something, it shows us that you didnīt do something yet, and if you already did something, that it isnīt worth much more than nothing.
And your attitude basicly seems to be that of a egoistic, thickheaded and stupid 15 years old boy, thinking that he is better than others, by ignoring all good advices of those better (especially in terms of experience) than you.

Quote:

You must understand, I have been a graphic artist all my life

That is just bullshit. I havenīt seen anything from you that looks like graphics yet.
And not being able to find your graphics software... LOL? There are many great freeware tools available and as a graphics artist, you usually use your software often enough to not not being able to find it.

It is btw fun to help people, but not if they behave the way you do.
Is there btw a functionality to ignore users on these forums?
As that could be interesting, since it is hard to not being too offending in such threads.
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 13:45

@Slin:
Yes there is an ignore function. Click on the user name -> View Profile
Then you can click on "Ignore user".
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 17:06

No offence Joquan but you seem to want to be more of a businessman than a game creator. You need to get over yourself and start small, making small games and building your experience and understanding of the way things work.
And try to listen and take in opinions of the people you want to make your games for you, it will help you in the future.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/15/10 23:50

Quote:
There are many great freeware tools available and as a graphics artist, you usually use your software often enough to not not being able to find it.

Yes, but I specialize with Fireworks.

Quote:
No offence Joquan but you seem to want to be more of a businessman than a game creator. You need to get over yourself and start small, making small games and building your experience and understanding of the way things work.
And try to listen and take in opinions of the people you want to make your games for you, it will help you in the future.

First off, go ahead and call me Jake if you like. wink

Second off, no offense taken.

Thirdly, I would prefer to be a businessman right now, but I do like game creation. I am starting small, as my team only consists of about 12 people total. I am trying to get more though. I listen to all of my team, so I don't exactly know what you mean there.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 03:24

Money makes the world go round, unfortunately. So I don't expect you'll get much help on this project, especially considering your plans, your inexperience, and your record.

Truth be told, we tried to help you a lot Joquan. But you just don't seem to understand that you are not a business man yet, and that you are not any farther ahead than anyone else around you. Granted, you have a lot of determination. I admire you for that. Nonetheless, I think that your determination is misplaced.

To prove my point, here's the roadmap of an ideal beginner. He has a lot to learn, but he's making steady progress. He's doing all the right things and asking all the right questions:

-Joe is inspired and decides to start learning game development
-Joe reads up on the subject and learns about the tools of the trade
-Joe starts playing with the various areas of game development, seeing what he enjoys and what he doesn't.
-Joe starts studying a specific area of game development (writing, art, programming)
-Joe learns
-Joe starts a small project to test his abilities.
-Joe finds a nice game dev forum to ask questions about his projects, show off his latest achievements, etc.
-Joe practices
-Joe practices
-Joe learns
-Joe practices
-Joe practices
-Joe continues taking on small projects, each one testing his skill in some way or another.
-Eventually Joe becomes proficient in his selected discipline. He begins gaining respect from the other forum members for his now obvious talent.
-Joe learns even more
-Joe practices
-Joe practices
-Joe practices
-Joe practices
-Now Joe is now a respected member of the community. His work has spoken for itself; he didn't need to create a massive game site to get respect. He is now regularly asked questions by the new forum members.
-Joe starts landing REAL jobs, and REAL offers, from REAL companies! (seriously!)

Now let's look at what you've done so far:

-Joquan is inspired and decides to start learning game development
-Joquan learns the basics of computer game development. He has dabbled with various tools, learning how to produce simple computer art and web code.
-Joquan learns of the multitude of game engines and game tools available through the internet (Game Maker, Clickteam, Sphere). He downloads and plays with each one.
-After playing with these tools for some time, he gets grand ideas for a new game "company" composed of some neighborhood friends and family who have been exploring game development as well.
-Joquan Games Studios is formed
-Joquan is now president of JGS. He has da skillz with game development and business. He has a "team" composed of beginners with no experience whatsoever.
-Joquan begins his ultimate vision: Project Phoenix!
-Joquan begins looking for other game developers who can work with his "talented" crew.
-Joquan asks around on a few forums and finds some more beginners with the same mind set as the rest of his crew.
-Joquan is now confident that his company will soon become the biggest, most awesomest company in the world!
-Joquan stumbles upon the Gamestudio Community.
-Joquan is stunned when several more experienced developers laugh at his "business proposals!"
-Joquan, who is already convinced that he is among the elite, begins lashing back at the entire community. It's not him... It's us!

Please excuse my sarcasm, but this is the truth. You've got to see what you're doing here. If you keep this up, Joquan, you will make a very big fool of yourself one day.

Don't you see what you are doing, Joquan?

Stop with the grand proposals, the huge requests, and the ridiculous goals. (and yes, this is a huge request) Start out small, and grow! And if you want to become a business man, just finish school and start saving money. Once you have some cash, you can start funding some small games like sPIKe. No business man has ever gotten anywhere on charity.
Posted By: badapple

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 03:36

@redeemer

i like joe can i be on joe's team laugh

im going to add joe to my buddie list grin

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 10:47

@Reedemer: Great work man laugh
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 13:45

Joquan, how about offering your map-making to others?

I don't know how advanced your skills are, but maybe talk to Landixus? He's had a "we need a level designer" thread for quite some time, and his project is advancing very well. I don't think he's finished many games beforehand (please excuse me if I'm wrong) but he's on the right track, and I believe he could use help.

If Landixus' level-maker positions are filled, there's plenty of other projects that people want help for, just browse the forums. Cause you're not the only one looking for team members, so maybe just join one of their ideas?

By doing so you could gain experience, share your work, help and get helped, and you could finish a project together. The art you could later show on your website and people will want you to join their projects as well.

As for all the other responses you have gotten: Almost all of us (there are few exceptions) have wanted to start with too large a project. There aren't many people here who have actually produced a finished game. Every now and then, someone comes in with a project idea, something they dream of. We just can't see how a newbie will prevail where all of us have failed. That's why we advice you to start smaller, no matter how small you start. And that's why, if the person doesn't listen, we get angry. Not because we're mad, not because we're unhelpful. If you start building a level, for example, and want help getting good shadows into the map, just ask, and people will help if they can.
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 18:18

@Redeemer well said man. You hit the nail on the head. The proper method you described is exactly how I want to get into the industry as a game writer. That's why I emphasized in my jobs wanted post that I wanted to start with small projects that would be finished so I could proudly say I contributed to it. I have dreams too, but I understand that I don't have the skills to make them materialize.

@Jake Dude why do you think I flipped out on you in our emails? I was blown away by the fact that you thought you could give me advice on my anxiety and depression. I had to go back and take out most of the f-bombs in that one email. You're still young and don't know a ton about life. Get over yourself man or you're just going to make more people angry.

I didn't tell you off or curse you out because you seem like a really nice guy, but the way you conduct yourself and the fact that you blatantly refuse to take anyone's advice comes off as ignorant and immature.

I've said it several times myself as others others have here. We are trying to HELP YOU by fixing your BAD ATTITUDE. Accept reality or face disappointment further down the road once you're realized you got in over your head, and many of us have been there.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 19:01

I just looked at your careers page, Joquan. Here's an offer that really blew my mind:

Quote:
Programming Language Developer - needs to be able to develop a powerful programming language, for use with our new subsidiary, Dimension Softworks (We will need solid evidence that you can do so. It must be presented at the time of your application.)

This is a huge insult to all programmers out there, Joquan, and you don't even know it. To develop a programming language, you have to understand computers inside and out. You have to know all of the relations between binary code, hex codes, assembly, and higher languages like C like the back of your hand. You have to have worked all your life on computers. You have to have gone to school for years, studying computers and compilers. Programming Language Developers are few and far between, and are part of an elite group of computer MASTERS with phDs, who work for $250 an HOUR.

And you want them to work for free on your games, for no reason at all.

That is a huge insult to everything they know. Everything they've worked for. And you don't even understand that.

What do you even need your own custom programming language for, anyway? We already have too many. Go learn a good language like C.

I still can't look at this offer without my brain blowing out. I'm just BEGINNING to understand the basics of advanced languages like Assembly, and even I know that an offer like this is insane.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C - 07/16/10 20:04

I think this is enough.

This forum isn't for giving life tips or making people aware of their mistakes by a) direct flaming b) sarcasmic remarks. This forum is for people looking for work and workers.

Thread locked.
© 2024 lite-C Forums