anyone familiar with SVN?

Posted By: sPlKe

anyone familiar with SVN? - 12/19/11 21:52

so, i am doing a wii freeware game and my coder has some personal problems. thing is, the game is almost done, it just needs to be assembled correctly. and since i am neither a coder nor do i know devkit pro or svn, i decided to look here.

since i am pretty much desperate, i would even offer payment. i cant pay muuch, but it is something. also, as said, the game is almost done laugh
Posted By: Joozey

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 12/22/11 02:12

What does svn have to do with your coder having personal problems?
You need an svn server for storing the submitted project, and a client to access the svn server for submitting, updating, etc. Tortoisesvn is a nice client.

"the game is almost done, it just needs to be assembled correctly"
If game can be replaced by car, it doesn't sound like you're almost done tongue

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 12/30/11 07:07

Originally Posted By: Joozey
What does svn have to do with your coder having personal problems?
You need an svn server for storing the submitted project, and a client to access the svn server for submitting, updating, etc. Tortoisesvn is a nice client.

"the game is almost done, it just needs to be assembled correctly"
If game can be replaced by car, it doesn't sound like you're almost done tongue

no, really? wow... what an amusing comment. did you ever do wii development? because, you know, I do...
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 12/30/11 09:58

Just saying, if you don't want help and don't want to be bothered with questions, why are you even asking? We aren't "wii-developers" like you and your problem really sounds like it has nothing to do with SVN. Because, you know, we can handle SVN.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 12/30/11 13:17

You really just install an SVN server, for example svn serve:
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-serversetup-svnserve.html

And a client, for example tortoise svn:
http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

Set up a project on your server (create repository), and make the clients checkout the project. Then they can modify, remove, add files to that folder, and when they submit the folder, the changes are pushed to the server.

There's no specific involvement of devkitpro. I used svn server and client on one system for devkitpro, gamestudio and random other projects, just to keep track of changes and have a backup.

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 01/02/12 19:49

lucky for me i already found help. and i dont mind the question, its more the thing that you apparently know more about how my game is made than I do which i find rather amusing. no hard feelings here. i like the badass meme though^^
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 01/03/12 23:15

Originally Posted By: sPIKEe
its more the thing that you apparently know more about how my game is made than I do which i find rather amusing

Originally Posted By: sPIKe
and since i am neither a coder nor do i know devkit pro or svn

Re: anyone familiar with SVN? - 01/04/12 12:38

it is isnt it. i needed someone to set up our svn workspace for the code portions. and since the person that currently codes the game (in C++ that is, devkit pro) was unavailable, i had the luck that my previous coder did this.

so all in all everything is solved. but still funny that you guys think that you know what i need better than I do. but whatever makes you feel you accomplished something...
© 2024 lite-C Forums