UNPAID JOB - player model 5 weapons (animated)

Posted By: CyberGhost

UNPAID JOB - player model 5 weapons (animated) - 06/13/14 01:37

Hello, guys

I am making a third person shooter game and I would like to have my own player model, full animated & low-poly or medium-poly. I tried to get some models from the internet (some free & some commercial) ,but I found MOST of them, either non-animated at all or not well-animated. Actually, I am not into 3D art and just prefer to code XD .

The idea is as follows:

1) There is one model (player) which will be copied into five files (copies)

2) Each copy of the model will have its own weapon model added (5 copies = 5 weapons) and its suitable animation scenes (vertex or bone animation).

Remember that I can't pay for it. Game developement is a hobby for me and I am not planning to make my game commercial.

So, anyone wanting to fill his/her free time, PM me and I will give the details. Also, if someone wants to engage with me in my project, I won't mind at all laugh ....

Thank you for reading & any help would be appreciated
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/13/14 06:11

A skilled 3D modeller would likely not be willing to spend their time developing a better model than those being sold by current 3D modellers. You'd probably have better luck contracting someone to make you a good model for you to use. The better option however, is probably just to learn and do it yourself.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/13/14 11:05

It is not about designing. All the models I dealed with were well-designed. The problem was just perfection. It doesn't need 'skilled' 3D modeller. Every time I download a model, I just find it not animated like I want (missing run scene, ....etc.), not animated at all or even can't be imported or converted (maybe because of my lack of experience or it's the MED). And also, I am willing to keep going into coding. Learning coding & 3D work at the same time isn't a good idea for me ,especially because I am a hobbyist.

So, all I want is a mid or low-poly model but just well-animated.
Posted By: fogman

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/13/14 13:23

If you canīt find a modeler, you can try this:
1. Get Fragmotion
2. Get some motion captures
3. Rig your model in Fragmotion, apply the motion captures
4. Export to 3dgs
Posted By: DLively

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/13/14 13:30

Quote:

Learning coding & 3D work at the same time can never be a good idea ,especially for an amateur like me.

If you hold yourself back like this you may never know your potential.
Like anything, you just need to make the time for it.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/13/14 18:10

Originally Posted By: DLively

If you hold yourself back like this you may never know your potential.
Like anything, you just need to make the time for it.

I am not holding myself back. I am in the beginning of the road and I want to focus on Programming right now (because that's really what I like) in addition to LITTLE 3D & 2D art experience which is enough for a beginner programmer. That is the player model I am talking about ,and for a beginner programmer like me, some help is needed, especially with 3D artwork.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 00:00

Btw. when should I use normal brackets () in comparison operators like && and || ?
Posted By: sivan

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 07:36

in MapBuilder there is a fully animated free soldier model converted by Painkiller from a mixamo or unity... you can retexture it to be more unique, and replace the weapon easily.

but as fogman mentioned, Fragmotion is ideal to work with non-animated models and with free motion capture (mostly .bvh) animation files.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 16:55

Ok. What about the brackets usage in comparisons? The manual says it is for 'priority' only. What does it mean?
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 17:23

it says priority not 'periority' (guess that's a typo you've made)

it's basic math. if there are brackets, the stuff in the brackets gets commpared first.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 17:44

LOL. Yeah, it's a hurry typo laugh ...

You mean code like that will work fine?

Code:
if(a > 10 && b < 5)

.. because I noticed that all code snippets & examples I saw ignore brackets for first comparison ,then keep using them for the rest ...
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 17:58

Yes, that code will work fine. Again, as Kartoffel mentioned, the convention is that the operators follow the basic math order of operations.

Also, you should not overload your thread with irrelevant posts. Please open a new thread for new questions.

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/19/14 18:18

I already know the order of operations. Thanks laugh

No more irrelevant posts ...

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/20/14 01:31

Originally Posted By: sivan
in MapBuilder there is a fully animated free soldier model converted by Painkiller from a mixamo or unity... you can retexture it to be more unique, and replace the weapon easily.

Ok. I've already downloaded it and will check that. Nice tool btw laugh

Originally Posted By: sivan

but as fogman mentioned, Fragmotion is ideal to work with non-animated models and with free motion capture (mostly .bvh) animation files.

The problem is that the required animation is like: "stand" ,"StandAttack" ,"walk", "WalkAttack" ,got it? I will spend hard time getting BVH files for it. I can get the mesh & texture SO EASILY ,but the animation will still be an obstacle. I used to have a friend of mine (artist) working with me, but he apologized for some serious personal reasons.

I will wait for some days. If no one accepted, I will try your suggestions and others that are told to me ...

Thank you all for your suggestions laugh

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/22/14 19:54

Seems that it is impossible laugh . Thank you all for your suggestions.

(Thread closed)
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: UNPAID JOB - ONE model (well-animated) - 06/23/14 08:18

I'd suggest you to

A) Create a simpler game, (mainly because it seems like you're quite new and working on that game as a single person)
Simple doesn't mean bad or boring. If you're not the 3d-and-animation-guy, keep the graphics really simple and focus more on the gameplay.
Try something too big and you'll end up with nothing but an idea and a bad, unfinished game.

B) Team up with some other people who want to work on the same project. However, it seems like there are not a lot of people around who are experienced with animating...
© 2024 lite-C Forums