Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers !

Posted By: XeXeS

Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 08:29

Hello World and 3DGS Users,

a long time is gone since I have made projects with 3DGS. And also in Future I will not do any 3DGS Projects with exception of Sylex 4.0. At the Moment we search some guys wich want to stop using 3DGS either and want to use another 3D Engine for our Team. Specially we are searching for programmers but we will also view any other entry.

What we do. We want to develop an 3D Snowboarding Fun Game. Comic Characters, Tricks and Weapons similar to the known Snowboardkids on the N64.

At the Moment we are a Team of five peaople.
1 Programmer ( Hey it's me )
3 3D Artists ( eventually you know them. Josef Brandl and CHB2 , Remo
1 Sound and Audio Artist

We search for all.

At the moment we develop our own tools to creating games. Espacially we are developing a new fast LOD Terrain Technique on Binary Basis wich will also included in Sylex4.

Here are the Shots:
All shots are in Development

Ground layout of the PSE-Editor:

You see the level Sky, Lighting and Fog Properties.

Entity creation Dialog of the Editor with Preview also with Shaders.

The Editor is highly customizeable to the specific workflow of the artist here a shot of the easy docking system also with preview.

Selection of an Scenenode ( Objectsposition and Scenegraph -hirachical - point ) is shown by drawing the bound box of an objekt.

Selection of the Mesh itself by a specialized Popupmenü System we call quadmenü. There are several selection modes in the editor you can use at the same time.

Selection of an SubMesh SubObject directly in the editor to change it's materialsettings.

In order to the customizing system we have created an skinable editor to get you, your favorit look and feel.

We have also made an small trailer 2MB wich shows the current selection techniques can be downloaded there.
Selection Trailer *.ace download

If you are interested in working together with me and the other great guys. let me no and post here.
Posted By: Christoph_B

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 09:23

hi,

i see it's still alive.

in the meantime, i got used to ogre a bit.

WE NEED YOU^^

EDIT: just downloaded the trailer: great job with the editor!
Posted By: capanno

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 11:24

I can do 3d art (props and scene objects mainly) and graphic design if you need people like that...

I'l be honest and say I dont have much experience, but Im willing to try my best!

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 14:20

Well send us previews and all what you can show that we can get an impression of you to: SebastianLeopold@aol.com or contact by msn same adress or ICQ 152948792.

Anyone else ?
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 18:54

Hi XeXes

Ich koennte den Leveldesgin Part übernehmen!!!
N1 Editor übrigens!!

cu Angel

P.S. Adde dich bei ICQ

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/13/06 19:44

http://capanno.50webs.com/portfolio1.html

Here's some of my stuff.

Can you please tell me if yuo can see the text (discription) next to the images? Im having trouble with firefox, but it looks fine with IE.

Thanks.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/14/06 05:08

please specify programming specialities needed. I for one would decide upon skills needed. And please give the details and link about your engine so that one can decide upon what one is getting into.
Btw I do almost everything regarding game development.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/14/06 09:00

A stupid game like snowboard kids for N64 can EASILY be made with gamestudio , dont see why u'd need another engine for such a simplistic game.
Posted By: TWO

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/14/06 13:04

-Train Skills
-Better than 3DGS
-Can be used for all games, and for games where A6 isn´t good enaugh
-Sell the Engine
etc.

And I think the snowboard game is just to test and develop the engine and build a powerfull team; I would join, but not singel anymore (see signatur)

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/14/06 18:50

Hello,

Reasons for the other Engine:

At first the reason is speed, the second are the stupid version system of 3DGS and the third is simply fun. For me writing in C++ is just more fun than writing c-script wich isn't a real programming language.

Your specifications:

Fun at developing games and realy nice Ideas.
C++/C knowledge ( only programmers )

Currently one of our graphicartist has left and so we also searching new ones. You can show me all by mail.

Please contact me via MSN: SebastianLeopold@aol.com

I hope to see all of you and speak with you direct.

here are two shots of graphics we have made:

I hope realy to get some of you to be part of Fun-Byte.,

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/15/06 06:50

That looks really good! Nice work.
I added you on msn. I hope we can talk soon.
Posted By: TheGameMaker

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/15/06 18:24

hab dich in MSN geaddet.
(Cornypocket)

Gretz TGM
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/15/06 20:17

Quote:

At the Moment we search some guys wich want to stop using 3DGS either and want to use another 3D Engine for our Team.

Very unprofessional to come on the boards saying how much 3DGS sucks and that people should jump ship and help you build a project with the competition!

That is SO not cool and last time I checked, posting jobs for non-3dgs projects on this forum wasn't allowed.

Re: Fun-Byte Media looking for Teammembers ! - 05/15/06 21:55

You dont understand fast lane.

What I told was that the Acknex 6 Engine isn't enough for us. We haven't say we wouldn't use it. Espacialy we have a greate Project on 3DGS to we call Sylex 4.0.

Also this programm will be finished and offered to the users for free or in combination with the Sceneeditor from Kohji.

Please read my post right and than told us. I was sure that some users think they are attacked by this post.

To all who added me in MSN:

We can talk after 23.00 o'clock or 6.00 o'clock till 12.00 o'clock this weak because I have to work too live is expansive you know.

Best regards
S. Leopold
© 2024 lite-C Forums