another c_move question

Posted By: Scramasax

another c_move question - 07/31/07 21:37

I'm hitting an invisible object in the center of my world. Can I get the entity I'm colliding into? Like target or bounce.
Code:

var out;
out =c_move(my,nullvector,wantPos,IGNORE_PASSABLE+IGNORE_SPRITES+ACTIVATE_TRIGGER);

Thanx
Posted By: Gordon

Re: another c_move question - 07/31/07 21:42

you may also want to include IGNORE_ME in your c_move

Re: another c_move question - 07/31/07 21:49

Thanx, just added it but still collides with a mysterious object. It's not my first rodeo, so it's something really strange. It's an almost complete game, so maybe I put something in back along time ago, but I can't find it. I was thinking of writing a c++ entity output log just to see what's in the level. But if c_move or some other command would say what I'm colliding with.
Posted By: Nems

Re: another c_move question - 07/31/07 21:56

Sounds like an 'origin' of some large model to me.
(e.g.If you have a Sky Dome set it to 'passable', depending on your move mode of course)

Re: another c_move question - 08/01/07 19:18

Man its a tough one. Just can't find it. I tried an empty level. So it must be some sort of script loaded object. I'm drawing bounding boxes on everything.

Empty level from scratch only one entity. I turned off all the warptunnels, and stars that usually go by.

Here is a real level.

The first number is the out=c_move
Other three number are what target var returns. Its always the same target num. Anyone have anything like this?

The fire is at the target position. The line is from the ball to the target position. Non-z culled lines so it's hard to tell where its at.
© 2024 lite-C Forums